PDA

View Full Version : Anima: Shadow Within Dreams (IC)

Malfunctioned
2013-07-10, 06:45 PM
It's a beautiful day in the principality of Gabriel, the sun is shining, birds are singing and there is nary a cloud in the sky. As you approach the docks, a grand sight awaits you, The Lady itself. The city has clearly spared no expense to celebrate the inaugural trip of the grand ship, confetti and musical bands line the streets, entertaining the crowd of thousands that have arrived just for a peek as the ship departs.

A flight of stairs has retracted from the ship on the left hull, revealing the entrance within, by the time you have arrived some passengers are already boarding, the conductor, resplendent in his uniform, extends a hand towards you as you near the platform.

""Good morning! Please may I take your name and ticket?"

Lord Raziere
2013-07-10, 10:42 PM
Lemarrah approached first, all confidence and swagger, her long brown coat billowing in the wind as she walked perhaps the last steps she would ever take in the nation she lived her whole life in. It is odd, knowing that one is about to leave everything one ever known to go into the great wide world.

It makes one feel excited.

She stepped right up to the conductor and said
"My name is Lemarrah Shuwennas."
Then with a mischievous smile, she made a few deft twists of her hand and seemingly produced the ticket out of nowhere with an extravagant flourish, elegantly proffering it in front of him.
"and my ticket is right here."

Ishikar
2013-07-11, 01:12 PM
Peter walked briskly up the dock towards the boarding point, a small book in hand as he seems more interested in what he's writing than as he approaches the crew member responsible for checking tickets he closes the book with a quick snap and places it in the bag he carries. In the same motion he produces a ticket along with a letter and papers both stamped with the same seal much more quickly than would be expected from the size of the container.

Peter Olmsted, here on the behalf of Count Holmberg. Those copies of the documentation are for you to keep though I believe you should have it already in your records. As he notes an odd look from a passerby about his bag he merely smiles and speaks The benefits of practiced and efficient packing, one gets used to such necessities if they travel quite as much as I have.

Upkept spells:
Pyre's bind: 10/day
Infinite Bag (x15 capacity): 5/day

Lord Raziere
2013-07-11, 09:55 PM
As she turned to get on she saw and heard Peter hand over his ticket. As well as notice the magic contained within the bag. Heh. Looks like she wasn't the only artist of the arcane boarding this vessel. Improbable, but probably not something to get worked up over. Causing a stir by making a problem of it would attract attention to herself as well, and she figured there was an unspoken truce between users of the Gift not to rat each other out so that magic isn't revealed to everyone around them.
She half turned to him and commented.
"Nice bag you have there."
She decided to keep the comment short, friendly and cryptic, and walked aboard as if nothing happened.

cybric
2013-07-12, 01:32 AM
Aiden made his way up the dock his pack slung gruffly and casually over his shoulder. Growing up amoungst bandits he knew how to pack light and he had not had much time to acquire much since Vindala sent him away. I must earn this gift she has given me he thought to himself remembering what Vindalas former master had told him after he revealed the truth of their order to him.

Aiden had tried his best to slide through the crowd that had gathered to see the queen off. He prefered not to touch things that much as items More often than not seemed to break near him and his chain mail armor was not pleasant to brush across. He presented his ticket to the conductor "Aiden Ashenblade. This is quite the nice place you have here.". Aiden was raised a bandit and he couldn't help but see the opportunity for blunder as he appraised what he saw. He saw two fellow passenger and one of then carried a item that clearly had magical properties. There was a code amongst those with gift Vindala had taught him. He would watch these two. If anything Aiden was sure the bag was of value to someone.

Ishikar
2013-07-12, 06:54 AM
Looking at Lemarrah as she commented on the bag Peter focuses for a moment as he follows her onto the vessel. Noting the slight aura about her he merely shrugs and continues on, thinking to himself as he does so.

Well apparently I'm not the only gifted individual on this trip. That should keep things interesting at least, I just hope we don't draw too much attention, it always seems like there's something about our kind that keeps life from just being peaceful.

Jack Arken
2013-07-14, 05:10 PM
As Lemarrah entered the entrance to the vessel, a man in a pristine white conductor uniform brushed into her. "Pardon miss." He said tipping his hat in apology. His face was relatively handsome, with a strong jaw and a thin dark beard that ran along its edge. Smiling the conductor continued on down the hallway to the front of the Gondola and away from the lines of the rich and the famous who were heading the other direction.

Disguise roll (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4130774/) +80+ 40+20 (Having makeup and several hours of prep time)

He killed one of the conductors and has assumed his identity to board the ship.

Lord Raziere
2013-07-14, 11:37 PM
When the conductor brushed up against her, she felt his spiritual aura. Whoa. Ki. how'd did she only notice it when he was literally right next to her? It was like his aura was normal from a distance, but then suddenly became much stronger when they touched.
This tells her a few things:
1. This guy is good at concealing his spiritual energy, therefore ki user.
2. he is evading detection from somebody.
3. this guy has a reason to hide.
Curious and curiouser. First a man with a magic bag, and now a ki user in hiding. Boarding this ship just keeps getting more and more interesting.
"Hey, conductor…can you please tell me the safety rules and practices for an airship in as much as detail as possible? You know, to make sure a passenger like me is safe for the duration of our journey. Surely a man with a spiffy uniform like yours can tell me?"
She started following the conductor. The rich and famous, she could sneak away a few valuables from later, they were parasites after all and she had all of the journey to do that. This conductor however was far more interesting.

Jack Arken
2013-07-15, 03:19 AM
The man stopped a moment, turning around with that same smile. "Well, I would love to do that miss. But I'm afraid I've been called to help the captain. If you like though I'm sure my friend here can help." He said pointing to the other conductor who was greeting the guests as they arrived.

Ishikar
2013-07-15, 10:01 AM
Watching the girl who seemed so intent on his bag spin off so quickly to another tangent Peter shakes his head and turns his attention back to the line of passengers and begins to follow along as guided for the next portion of the trip, shaking his head as he thinks further to himself.

Well maybe she just has some spirit or other type of magic stuck to or interested in her. She certainly seems to lack focus though that could be a ruse. Oh well I'll just keep an eye out for her and things should pan out alright.

Lord Raziere
2013-07-15, 08:11 PM
Dang, the guy waved me off with a plausible lie, she thought. Oh well, I will be seeing him along this journey as well. There is time to be patient.
"Oh, okay! Sorry for slowing you down, Mr. Spiffy Uniform"
She spun around again and walked along with the other passengers. At least she was now walking alongside Mr. Magical Bag. One curiosity exchanged for another then. A fair trade perhaps? She will see soon enough.
"Heh, nice day to be setting off, yes?"
she asked as she put her hands behind her head as she walked along.
"Sunny and bustling, makes one wonder what will see."
Though what she could already see was so interesting. Sometimes she could just get lost in staring at the currents of energy all around her, of the life force flowing everywhere in all its myriad, curious ways, with every movement and impact of a foot upon the ground causing little circular waves in the little rivers like rain constantly dropping in a puddle. At these times she saw the beauty in them like she did in her youth, a beauty she so often forgot for more practical things...

Jack Arken
2013-07-16, 11:49 PM
Giovanni turned about and his smile disappeared. What an annoying woman, he hoped they wouldn't run in again. Though with so few people occupying so small a space... it was more than likely. He walked down the red carpeted aisles of the Air Ship. He needed to act the part and stall for time until the ship took off. Then he would go about ending his target's life.

Ishikar
2013-07-17, 07:12 AM
Glancing at the energetic girl beside him Peter has to shake his head and answer.

Well if my knowledge of geography is correct we'll have an amazing view of the ocean horizon, the odd small islands, possibly Tol Rauko, and then the coastline and our final destination. There may be more but that's just what strikes me at immediate recollection. As he finally get's a closer look at Lemarrah he smirks and lowers his voice slightly.

Though I may be wrong, I've found both through reading and experience that people with special gifts tend to draw a bit more attention from the world than others do, as I'm sure you've seen. The slight emphasis on the last word hints to the girl before he returns to a normal volume.

But as you've said things seem to be quite pleasant now and I think introductions may be in order. I am Peter Olmsted, retainer to Count Holmberg of Lucrecio and a traveling scholar, and you might be?

Lord Raziere
2013-07-17, 02:19 PM
Heh, he knows. This guy knows how to be subtle. Good.
"My name Lemarrah Shuwennas. Unfortunately all I can call myself is the daughter of a once prestigious swords-master, though honestly I'm nowhere near as good at swordsmanship as that implies. But a scholar? I guess I can relate. The curiosity. The need to know. Though I guess I'm less of a scholar and more….."
She frowned a little at this. What WAS she? She could never get that right. I mean there is so much things that she was! and could be. Why did she have to say that she was only one thing? Especially a thing that was to be mentioned in polite company. Which many of the things that she was couldn't.
She decided to make a few fancy hand movements, show her palms to Peter to show that they were empty, then she reached over to his ear and seemingly pulled a coin out of it, then showed it to him
"Well, I'm many things, but for now I'm an entertainer. By the way here is your coin back. And no, that was not a "special gift", just sleight of hand."
She smiled as she put it back in his bag, where she had taken it from.

1d100+40=119, 1d100+30=91 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4136426/)

the +40 is the Sleight of Hand roll, the +30 is the Theft roll, and basically I took a coin from Peter without him noticing, made it look like I pulled it out of his ear, and gave it back.

Ishikar
2013-07-18, 02:58 PM
Peter notes how his new acquaintance handles the coin and herself. He takes a moment to consider and then begins to speak.

An interesting talent you have there, and quite well done to for so attentive an audience. Perhaps if your whimsy should strike you would be interested in meeting my sponsor, there is always a need for entertainment of many sorts throughout Lucrecio. Just a thought should the occasion arise Lem, you don't mind if I call you that do you? I've always been a little uncomfortable standing on high speech even after years of exposure. You can take the farmer out of the fields easily enough but can't always take the fields out of the farmer. I do like the clothes and food though, very swanky and it's always funny to watch some of the snits the other nobles will get into. A low pleasure I'll admit but not everything in life can or should be fully proper.

The last few lines come in a more hushed tone as he finds the girls nature amusing and somewhat disarming. He'd still keep a closer eye on his coin pouch but she seemed harmless enough and it's always better to have the sneaky ones like you so they'll at least reconsider what they'll take. The offer to meet the count was also surprisingly earnest. Sarah was a wonderful singer and Erika could dance amazingly but someone to wander and charm who could also potentially help with the acquisition of certain small items could prove invaluable.

Lord Raziere
2013-07-18, 03:54 PM
"I…..um…"
She frowned as she remembered Leopolds words:
"Remember Lemarrah, if nobles are not actively abusive of their power, they are passively neglectful. Either way they seem not to care for their fellow man.
They must held responsible for the ills of society, for who else can you blame, but the people at the top? You must not trust them, for they are known their power to get anything they would ever want…"
"eeerh…"
Then she remembered Stephain's words:
"Your father was noble in what he believed, I understand that. However, this is entirely your own future in mind. Holding yourself to your morality is one thing, shooting yourself in the foot is entirely another. Your father sacrificed his place in society for what he believed, and you of all people should not emulate him. What skills do you have? thievery? hated. magic? even more hated. Revealing either will make you an outcast to society, and you cannot remain a purposeless drifter forever. Everyone must find their own place in this world, and that includes you."
She couldn't decide which option to choose, whether to say yes or no. Would saying yes, betray everything her father believed in? would saying no ruin perhaps one of the few chances to find her own place?
"I……will think about it. It is….tempting. and heheheh, yea thats my favorite part, the snits, always nice to know that nobles aren't really that different from anyone else, just a man with more stuff to move around. I wonder: when some of their stuff goes missing, how much do they actually notice is gone?"
At voice inside her however wondered whether nobles should be getting into snits at all, if they had such responsibility to the people under their rule.

Khadavla
2013-07-18, 09:27 PM
Deidra Mauser paused before joining the line. The sable skinned young woman wore a fashionably revealing dress of fine indigo fabric, two modst bands coming over her shoulders, covering her breasts, and criss-crossing just above her naval before falling to her hips where it became a full skirt. Her belt was ornamented in copper and gold, and held a few pouches and a peace bonded longsword.

She was a powerfully built young woman, with a tight waist and toned arms, just thick enough to reveal their power without being less than feminine. The breeze caught a lock of her shoulder length, snow white hair as she admired the air ship, ruby eyes going a little wide. She tucked it back behind her ear.

“What a beautiful machine,” she whispered.

Deidra hefted her luggage, a heavy pack that with a little wear and tear would look as at home on the road as it now did being carried to a society vacation. Along with a few changes of clothes and a locked coffer of coins, the bulk of its weight was her armor.

While she stood in line, some of those already aboard might notice her. Clearly of the Daevar ethnicity, passing tall, with a soldier’s weapon at her belt. To those sensitive to such things, she had taken the first few steps to awaken her ki, but didn't particularly know to hide it yet.

When she reached the conductor, she presented her ticket, “Deidra Mauser, glad to be here.”

Lord Raziere
2013-07-19, 06:27 PM
While Lemarrah continues to walk alongside Peter she absent-mindedly looks off to the side, to gaze at the crowd all their souls and essence flowing about.
Of course they are all normal, essence and such is just that: essence flowing through the world in everything, with no particular concentration of one thing or another. This crowd was no different aside from the two other gifted people she saw: a fiery ki aura and an aura of dark reds and chaotic turbulent winds and claws, an aura different but still a part of the rest of the world, still an aura that compliments and works with all the rest in its own way.

she arched an eyebrow. This getting interesting and also a little strange, creepy or scary. To her knowledge there are five people with supernatural people boarding or have already boarded The Lady. She and Peter were two. The strange conductor (who probably wasn't a conductor, cause who ever heard of a conductor who could manipulate his ki?) and two more people whom she had no idea about. Either the first airship in the world attracts people who are out of the ordinary, or something serious is about to go down on this vessel.
"Hey Peter, what would you say if I told you that at least two more…talented people such as ourselves, are about to board The Lady? Not actually a hypothetical question by the way."

Ishikar
2013-07-20, 09:39 AM
Glancing and Lem and then moving his attention back to the line he addresses her.

I'd say you have a useful talent to be able to sniff them out and that there's definitely something more than meets the eye happening here. I'd also say that we should probably make sure we familiarize ourselves with whatever emergency procedures this vessel has. If they're as large a trouble magnet as most of the other gifted people I've met I fear this is going to be a rather unfortunate maiden voyage. But in the meantime let's try to stay inconspicuous, we seem to have started off on a good foot but that's not to say that the others will be as cordial. Let's take our time and gauge them as the situation warrants, if need be we can have you get a better feel for them later while I keep to the wings to cut in if needed.

It really did help having someone else he could be more frank with in these situations, she seemed to have her reservations but that just meant she knew how to measure risk. Despite the rather impulsive nature of the invitation Peter was glad to have met the girl and hoped she would accept.

Lord Raziere
2013-07-23, 04:13 PM
"Seems wise. can't be too careful. Which means I should probably tell you about the third talented one that is already on here. A man hiding as a conductor. Unfortunately he knows how to hide his aura, I myself only know that he is here through pure luck. The only identifying mark about him is his thin beard. So…be careful around that conductor if you see him. real conductors don't have the time to develop that kind of talent, and anyone who is in disguise is probably hiding for a good reason, and approaching him about it could lead to…an incident."
"incident" probably meaning "panicked attempt at killing the person who found them out". In other news, its taking sooo long for people to board! These conductors take so long to process things and get things moving. If this wait was going to be this long, she could've stolen a book for some in-flight reading.
Pass the time, relieve the boredom. But then again its her own fault for getting bored so easily she guessed.

Ishikar
2013-07-24, 11:51 AM
Hmmm... that last one you spoke about should probably be avoided for the sake of our own safety, he hardly seems like the type to be terribly social or appreciate those who are. Of the others you spoke of perhaps the woman may be more open to discussion. She certainly seems practical and straightforward to carry a blade so openly and she seems to make a decent off-set of our skills which could be useful in case of an incident.

With a quick glance to the side at his companion Peter begins to move towards Diedra, as he approaches he introduces himself.

Good day milady, I am Peter Olmstead, a travelling scholar and you happen to be one of the most striking women aboard. At least you certainly seem to be the type to have more to talk about than the current trends of high fashion or who the baron's son was caught trysting with last week and I do enjoy a good story about travels and the wider world. He accompanies the last bit with the wry smile and cheerful disposition of his court persona to keep her just off balance enough to not immediately catch his full intentions right off the bat.

Jack Arken
2013-07-24, 05:00 PM
Peter's introduction was cut short however by a high whistle. "ALL ABOARD! The conductor yelled, pulling a lever near the loading platform that sent the top half of the stairwell they had used folding up to hug the airship and seal the door. The white mustached conductor grinned at the group of strangers, looking quite out of place with the other passengers having left them alone in the hallway. "We'll be lifting off momentarily folks. If you'd like to watch we have an open air viewing platform this way,"he he said pointing to his left. "Or if you're not the sort for the view we have a resteraunt and gambling hall just down the other hall. Past your seats."

cybric
2013-07-25, 01:21 AM
Aiden

Aiden walked through the ship until he finds his room and deposits his gear. He decides to leave his bulky chainmail. It had never fit him well and Vindala had advised him that swiftness was his best defense. His clothes were new, a gift to see him off. He decides to hang on to his long sword. Aiden decides that he should explore the ship probing areas, old bandit habits die hard it seems. There had to be a way that someone with his talents could make his way in this world. He hears the conductors announcement and decides to follow the crowd. If he could meet someone with a connection he could make himself useful to them and earn a place.

Ishikar
2013-07-25, 10:14 AM
Taking a moment to be ushered on by the conductor he shrugs apologetically as he walks. Stopping momentarily by Lem he adjusts his bag and motions towards the open air deck.

While social purposes may be better served by wining, dining, and winning I don't think you'd want to miss the view as the ship takes off. Particularly seeing as it's the maiden voyage and we'll be among the first ever to see it.

He waits with a smile for Lem to step into the passage towards the deck.

Lord Raziere
2013-07-25, 07:03 PM
"….Curses. That is a good argument in your favor. However once we've done that, we're going to the gambling hall. There are probably stupid rich guys there with way too much money and not enough sense, and I aim to win some money off of them."
Probably not legally of course. Cheating at cards was just another way her fancy sleight of hand tricks can be applied. If done right of course, you have to careful on the streets because everyone knows there are people with those sort of tricks, so you can't win too much or they will start pulling out the knives.
She wagered that nobles might be more susceptible and less suspecting, but hey, you never know right? The world was full of surprises, like five supernatural people on the same airship or hats that you thought were too ridiculous to exist being worn in broad daylight as if it were nothing. Strange things like that.
Nevertheless, she followed Peter to look at the first ever take off of an airship, after all, blue-blooded suckers are a dime-a-dozen but who honestly passes up this chance of a lifetime? A Chance, to experience the first thing of a first thing? Chances like this only come in like what? A few thousand years or so?

Time to seize the opportunity. Time to see the first airship takeoff ever.

Jack Arken
2013-07-28, 01:02 PM
As they made their way to the platform they passed several finely dressed nobles drinking and chatting, they all seemed to be excited for someone's name day. "I can't believe her father reserved all the tickets for the maiden voyage. It must have cost him a fortune." A woman said to a silk robed man. "Well, it is her sixteenth. And the Marquis has always spoiled his darling daughter." The woman chuckled, "Did you see the acrobat troupe he hired?" And that was the last you heard as their voices faded, the scent of perfumes gave way to fresh cold air when you walked out onto the platform. It was a half circle on the side of the craft, with high white marble railings interlaced with ribbons of gold. Many of the passengers were huddled around the edge, peering down. A child ran past you, nearly bumping into you as he ran to the rail and knelt. "We're moving we're moving!" And so it was, you began to feel a weightlessness even before you found a spot to watch. The crowd that had gathered to see the airship off grew smaller and smaller as you grew higher, their cheers and waves goodbye disappearing.

Khadavla
2013-07-28, 02:29 PM
The ebony girl met Peter's eyes and she gave a pleased smile. “A pleasure to meet you, good master Olmstead. My name is Deidre Mauser.” She offered her hand.

She didn't have long for the greeting before they were ushered deep within. She stayed with Peter as they traveled. “I too would like to see the take off. This really is an amazing machine.”

She offered Peter's companion her smile and her hand. “Who is your friend, Master Olmstead?”

Out on the platform, she gasped a little and reflexively reached for the running child, but relaxed as she saw the safety rail. Moving out to it, she looked down and grinned. “Magnificent.”

Ishikar
2013-07-28, 03:02 PM
As the noble addresses him and follows Peter masks his surprise in her interest. Taking second to compose himself he addresses the ebony skinned maiden.

This is Lemarrah Shuwennas, an entertainer friend of mine who just so happened to be on the same voyage. Taking a moment to let the two exchange pleasantries and introductions he continues As for the nature of this machine I wish I understood somewhat better than I do. I know that the engineers and architects come from my homeland and that a few of them come from very near my home I sadly never grasped the sciences involved. As the group emerges to the platform Peter smiles at the momentary reflex to help the child as Deidre steps to the rails. With a slight shrug and apologetic smile to his first comrade he continues speaking Though the effects of the applications and the view are quite easy to admire.

As he turns his attention back to Lem he smiles at her earlier complaint and speaks quietly to appease her. There are several nobles who will more than likely be aboard who are more generous than most in games of chance. Even a few who are so to a foolish degree, I'll do my best to facilitate the proper introductions. The last is accentuated with a bit of a smirk and a wink which are quickly subdued before Deidre turns her attention back to the duo.

Lord Raziere
2013-07-28, 05:49 PM
As the ship takes off, Lemarrah sees things…a little differently. She sees the the power of air harnessed within the wind, she sees the rivers of energy around her become rushing rapids, she starts to see the patterns of spirit she always saw, but wider, greater throughout all things below. she looks back and she sees the power of fire and earth and air and water pulsing through the ship's engines, rushing constantly like blood through veins, with a fiery heart in its middle, with pure fire within, it wasn't magic, but it did have the pure essence of fire that made fire magic possible. She looks up into the sky, and sees the constantly flowing essence of air everywhere, how its flow was altered by the ships passing and how the ship remained afloat.

It was very entrancing, so much so that she spaced out for a moment
"Oh hm? sorry uh…was carried away by the sights.Not everyday you see this sort of thing you know? What was your name again?Deidre? Pleased to meet you. I'm afraid I'm not that good of an entertainer, or at least to others, because I mostly like to entertain myself.

As for the airship…yes…quite the marvel."
She kept looking and up and down at the various new flows of essence throughout the ship that only she could see, as if trying to trace where it was all going with her eyes.
"So um….Deidre…what about you? We introduced ourselves…be polite and introduce yourself…er…what do you do?"

cybric
2013-07-30, 12:34 AM
Aiden Ashenblade

Aiden was wondering around the airship testing locks and scouting areas within the ship when he found himself outside as the airship lifted off. More then alittle unease jumped up inside of him as he watched the world shrink before. He looked out at the expanse of the area that had been his world and he realized how small his ambitions were. How down cast his sight had been under the bandit king. There was an entire world to explore. He could be anyone, be anything. He could be more than a bandit just like his master had told him he could be. He was dumb struck by the possibilities that laid out before him but as he was staring he was struck by a absent minded woman who seemed to be staring as well but at sights unseen. He instinctively moved to check his coin purse but found it still attached. His hands were coiled but remained lowered. He realized she didn't mean him harm but be was still learning the was of polite company.

In a grough and but educated voice he says "I'm sorry. It's quite a view isn't it but you never know who's lurking about in shadowy corners or out in bright light do you? Why do I get the feeling your not just looking at the sights?

Lord Raziere
2013-07-30, 06:43 AM
She suddenly look straight at Aiden…as if seeing some strange quality about him she like with the rest of the ship.
"You…are a very observant man. Yes. That is a thing that is true. Peter! Peter! This man is very observant! I'll think I'll have to be careful around him! and look, he has hand near his coin pouch. That makes him smart too. A smart, observant man deserves truth. Yes I am not just looking at the sights. If we limit our definition to what most people think of as sights."
She pondered this a little bit then suddenly realized.
"Oh! Where are my manners."
She shook Aidens hand suddenly.
"My name is Lemarrah Shuwennas good sir, traveling entertainer, that man over there is Peter Olmstead, a scholar, the daevar's name is Deidre, whom I unfortunately do not know what she does for a living yet, I don't believe she has yet answered, though that might be because of my own oddities- oh sorry, tangent.

What is your name? I'm afraid you haven't introduced yourself yet!"

Ishikar
2013-07-30, 08:32 AM
Catching the rather blunt declarations that Lem was making in her excited state the scholar placed a hand upon the girls shoulder and spoke in a comforting manner.

Calm down Lem. You're getting a little over-excited and rather loud in your declarations being too public. He sent a glance at the woman standing at the rail before continuing. While I do enjoy your carefree and straight forward nature you should probably stop to think about what other people may think of what you say. He drops his tone to a conversational whisper I know for a fact that my power can be dangerous and that it engenders a degree of fear in most people who don't know me well enough or have similar gifts. I'd hate to alienate anyone when we'll be on the same ship for a journey with them. He finishes the slight admonishment with a friendly smile and slight squeeze on the shoulder. Maybe less of a companion for myself and the court but more of an enthusiastic gifted younger sibling.

He takes a moment to stand after the brief aside to his companion.

I feel I must apologize as well for forgetting my manners. As my younger companion has said my name is Peter. I hope we have not proven to be to disruptive of your enjoyment. It is an easy thing to get carried away in moments like these, especially when you have no prior expectations from other accounts.

Lord Raziere
2013-07-30, 02:53 PM
"ack, sorry sorry sorry. I hate it when I get carried away. Yes that was carried away of me. I don't know what came over me. But then again there have been those times…sigh…those times never ended well."
She frowned as she remembered the time she described the soul of an apple merchant to that merchant. She was overexcited in how she described his soul and apparently so accurate that he accused her of being a witch and threw an apple at her. She of course caught it and then remembered she was supposed to stealing an apple from him and not talking to him, but this worked to. but then the second apple bonked her in the head and she remembered that she was supposed to be running now. but not before catching the second apple before it hit the ground, I mean who wastes apples like that? Aside from that merchant over there, who should really know better than to throw his products at people.

Curse these wandering thoughts, the point is that being overexcited is bad. At least for her.

cybric
2013-07-31, 01:28 AM
Aiden smirks as the boundless ball of energy shaped like a girl talks. She's so full of life this one. Aiden had never meet someone like her or Peter before. Most of the new people h meet were scum or people his band were attacking so either way getting to know someone was hard. This was getting very fun.

"A pleasure Peter. You can call me Aiden. I can't blame your companion for being excited we are traveling in a airship after all. This place is a wonder and I'm intent on enjoying if as much as possible before something happens to it. Not to say something will...all things break after all...some more quickly than others." . Aiden can tell by the way Peter speaks and moves he's at easy here amongst the luxury liner. Such a man could be just the person to open all kinds of doors for him if he hangs around long enough. "As I said Peter this place is a wonder and it is my belief that wonders are multiplied when in good company. However I don't know anyone other than you two on this ship at the moment. Care to share the wonder together? I'm a sellsword by trade or as close as that as is important."

Khadavla
2013-07-31, 10:04 PM
Deidre smiled softly as she backed away from the edge. “The city looks like some kind of fantastic model,” she marveled.

The the ebony girl turned to Lemarrah and offered her hand again. “It's good to meet you. I... I suppose I am a sell sword now as well. My father is a knight in Remo. As I am his only child, he instructed me as his heir. It's not a very popular idea for women to inherit in that part of the world these days.” She said the last dryly. “So I can't even call myself a knight errant.” She shrugged. “Forgive me, good neighbor, I didn't mean to cast aspirations on our trade.”

Ishikar
2013-08-01, 02:52 PM
As both the new acquaintances introduce themselves Peter glances at Lem with a cocked eyebrow to indicate if these were the other "hypothetical" guests she was speaking about earlier. After her affirmation he turns back with a thoughtful look on his face and glances at both of them.

Perhaps we could use the additional companionship. I can't see Lemarrah or myself needing your skills on this part of the voyage but it would be a good time to get to know each other and see if there could be further potential for shared travel across less safe roads and country. Now that the city seems to be nearing the horizon and we have significantly less of interest to see we could move inside. I believe Lem said she was interested in a few games of chance and I arrived somewhat late from my travels and could stand to see what they have on the buffet in that area. Perhaps you could join me while we watch Lem as to not distract her during the game. He winks at Lem assuming that her skills may lead her to a less than honest methodology and by keeping their new companions at a further distance he could deflect their suspicion or interference.

As he takes Lem's hand and begins to guide the procession inside he muses partially to himself and partially to his younger companion. I wonder if Count Erinburgh is here, he's always good for a brief discussion and if he sent Thomas as his proxy then you'll be thrilled to find a somewhat generous fool at the card table, assuming he hasn't learned his lesson by now or had his stipend curtailed...

cybric
2013-08-01, 04:59 PM
Aiden

Wonderful! Not only had he meet some interesting new people that didn't seems to overtly wish him harm but they were just the sort of people to help him with his employment predicament. He might as well make some coin while he makes his way to brighter days.

"That's very kind of you. Ill take you up on your offer most assuredly. It's always good to have someone around when walking unknown roads. From my experience they are often dark and full of danger.

Turning to Deidre. "it is good meet met another of my craft. We should spare sometime."

Lord Raziere
2013-08-02, 02:23 AM
Lemarrah frowned, she wished she could tell the other two about the suspicious conductor, but she couldn't find a way without being too blunt again.
Oh well, time to focus on cheating. like a fox, or a cat, if you'd prefer.
"Lets go on then, sounds like a nice day for some winning…."

She walked into the gambling room and looked for anyone playing any games of cards, she discreetly joined a table.
"Why hello gentlemen, I do so hope I can join you in a game, this lady is feeling the need to risk things don't you know? Take a chance. I'm feeling particularly risky today boys, so risky that I want to deal, y'know shuffle some cards, pass out all the hands. Surely handsome gentlemen like you will allow a lady like me to do such honors for her first game on this good vessel…"
She said laying down the sweet talk as picked up the deck. She then began to shuffle her own special kind of shuffling. Cheating at cards was doable as long as you knew how to manipulate the cards. If you could set up the hands just right for every round of a game, you can make it seem like the whole thing is random, but in actuality is setting up the whole situation so that at the end your the one who wins. You only need to win once in the right way to get all the money. Winning every time is too suspicious y'know? Keep up the illusion that your a normal player who just got lucky at the end, and no one suspects a thing.
She shuffles and passes out the cards each round, making sure that most of the money gets to another person, then make her suddenly win the last round and get all that money.

Sleight of Hand:
1d100+40=87 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4157717/)

Jack Arken
2013-08-04, 06:03 PM
The gambling hall was quite opulent, fine furniture and fine tables that would be hard to find outside of the halls of chance for the nobility. Servers navigated their way between boisterous patrons and gamblers, with trays of drinks and food. Though there was no buffet I am sure Peter wouldn't mind the tasty hors d'oeuvres they offered to him.

At the table Lem would find the dealer in his buttoned vest quite upset as she took the cards from him, "Excuse me miss, this is a dealer table if you don't..." A large rotund man sitting at the table places a hand on the dealers shoulder. "I don't mind. As long as you gentlemen don't?" He said looking around at the other nobles, each one dressed in fine regalia but quite outshone by the man who's gemstone encrusted hand lay atop the dealer's shoulder. The other nobles laughed and shook their heads. "Its about time we had a dealer with a pretty face. I was getting tired of looking at all of yours." One said, eliciting laughs from the others. So they sat down and began playing, the dealer leaving the table to complain to his boss. "I hope you have the two thousand gold buy in miss? Else I'm sure we can come up with some other way of paying us?" One said, eyeing her up and down.

Ok the cards go your way for awhile Lem

Meanwhile in the far side of the room, the white attired conductor slowly scanned the faces in the crowd. There, the fat man in the corner. Lord Marramount, the man would regret not paying his dues to Harran. He was probably using his ill gotten gains from their import scheme to pay for this luxurious trip. How ironic that Giovanni would be sending him on his final trip to the underworld. Scanning the room his mind came up with a thousand ways to murder the man, simple was always reliable. He spotted one of the servers heading into the hallway and followed him.

Lord Raziere
2013-08-04, 10:21 PM
She quickly evaluated her options: first always take into account what happens if you lose. If one of these lords won, well she had no intention of following through, and she always had illusions to distract him, she just had to find a way to pull off the ol' switch with her illusionary double trick and evade his…attentions.

Now for her success plans: she could use illusions to make it look like she pulls
diamonds worth 2000 gold out of her sleeves like sleight of hand, but that would probably prompt questions of where she got them from, which she could not afford. that and it doesn't actually ensure success, it only makes sure that she won't be providing "special" services if she loses, which she already has a plan for anyway, so all in all this sort of plan is actually a pretty bad one, especially if people see through them somehow.

Now for a real success plan: use her illusionary cards trick. She simply needed to cast an illusion on the cards while shuffling and voila, it wouldn't matter what cards she dealt, they would only see the cards she wanted them to see, sure they'd still be holding the same cards, its just that the images on the cards would be changed to what she wanted them to be. She didn't need to speak to cast her spells after all, and she had figured out long ago how to disguise the hand gestures she makes as fancy card shuffling while casting.

Sure, her life was high risk, but little did her high-risk life know that she does not take risks, she cheats.

While she picks up the cards to shuffle-cast, she responded.
"Why yes my good lords, there are many services I can provide for your pleasure. Simply name it when I have lost, and it shall be granted. However, if we truly are to go into this realm of betting, I politely ask that I have my own choice of gold or services from one of your female servants of equal beauty if I win from each of you, you are of course allowed to choose between gold or services from one of the other lords female servants of equal beauty if you win from each of the other lords as well, fair no?"
She said as she dealt out the now illusion-altered cards.

Visual Illusion
Cost: 40 Zeon
820 Zeon remaining.

plus whatever maintenance cost it takes to sustain it for the whole card game.

Jack Arken
2013-08-07, 07:50 AM
The Lords looked to one another in mild surprise. One of them shrugged, "Alright then. Go ahead and deal." The lord Marramount chuckled and waited for his cards

The conductor followed the server into the bathroom. Seeing no one he quickened his pace, closing on the man and wrapping his arm around the man's windpipe before he had a chance to yell. Applying just enough pressure Sforza brought him to the ground slowly as he passed out. Glancing around he dragged the man's body to one of the privy stalls. A few minutes later the exact double of the server exited the bathroom and headed to the kitchen.

Lord Raziere
2013-08-07, 05:35 PM
OOC: Yea I think I already know whats going to happen: Food is brought in, Lord Marrowmount is going to get poisoned, or if this the DM being evil, poisoning Lemarrah since she has a poison vulnerability. Maybe even both, and either way Lemarrah is not going to get a single gold from this game. Oh well, I don't care dude, Lemarrah's doing this for funsies, not greed.

Marrowmount is a dealt a hand that is high but not too high.

As Lemarrah dealt all the cards she noticed the scents and sights of the food here. Wow! such luxurious food. She wondered if the people making it ever actually tried the food they served. It would be so tragic if the people here were surrounded by such food but unable to taste it! To think of what torture that would be….she shudders.
but then again did she really know what food tasted like on here? Perhaps it was intentionally horrible to make the nobles look tough for eating them or something. After all what did she know about any of this? Her cuisine used to consist of apples and bread, not always acquired legally.

cybric
2013-08-10, 12:46 AM
Aiden

Aiden was learning so much about his new companions. This lemmarah was a risk taker. The bet seemed lop sided to Aiden but he had seem con men talk people out of much more with much less than she had. What scam was she running? To Aidens surprise she looked as if she was about to start dealing with out setting the trap all the way. He almost interjected but stopped as he noticed magic begin to flow into the cards. The bet was indeed lop sided but tilted toward her. She would win of course but it was a risk none the less. Aiden looks to his other companions to see if they are aware or her magic as he is and receives glances from the others that tells him they already know. This game was dangerous so he takes up position near the table and waits to see how this plays out.

Ishikar
2013-08-12, 08:03 AM
Peter tried very hard to contain the grimace at the high stakes that Lem had set before the gambling table. He knew several of the men at that table from court calls and visits during his tenure under the count and many of them were more shrewd than they let on, or more desperate to cheat themselves in the circumstances put forward. Knowing that stepping in now would be foolish at best he put his mind to work quickly for a solution should the situation turn bad, his thumb absentmindedly worrying the gold ring he wore on his finger that seemed to pulse brighter as if it felt some sort of anticipation. After a moment of noting the habit he caught a passing server with a tray of drinks and helped himself to one as he thought.

I'd hate to lose access to Pyre's services for the time it would take to recall him but he would wind up in a far less dire situation than Lem would should this go bad. I also want to make sure Lem gets a proper audience with the count because I think her talents could be useful even if they are as unfocused as they seem to be at present. I probably shouldn't be so invested so quickly but that's just another point in favor of my argument, she certainly can weave herself into a group or person's heart.

Jack Arken
2013-08-12, 11:24 AM
The lord Marramount smirked slightly and took the thick marble markers that they used as chips and slid a few forward into the center of the table. "Raise." He said. One of the other nobles at the table rolled his eyes, letting his cards drop flat down on the table he raised his arms. "I withdraw." The others did as well. "Too rich for my blood."

Meanwhile a young server leant down next to Marramount and took his goblet, replacing it with a new one full to the brim. The man silently turned and made his way through the crowd with the silver tray tucked under his arm.

Khadavla
2013-08-12, 04:28 PM
Diedra responded to Aiden with a smile. Her eyes lit up at the idea of traveling harsh roads, and more so at the idea of sparing.

"I'd like that, thank you."

She followed the others into the room where the rich men were gambling. The stakes at the card game were staggering even to her. She aquired a plate of food and looked for an out of the way place to eat while still observing the game.

Lord Raziere
2013-08-13, 02:04 AM
The lord Marramount smirked slightly and took the thick marble markers that they used as chips and slid a few forward into the center of the table. "Raise." He said. One of the other nobles at the table rolled his eyes, letting his cards drop flat down on the table he raised his arms. "I withdraw." The others did as well. "Too rich for my blood."

Meanwhile a young server leant down next to Marramount and took his goblet, replacing it with a new one full to the brim. The man silently turned and made his way through the crowd with the silver tray tucked under his arm.

She looked at her hand.
Yes, she had made sure it was higher than the rest.
"Call."
She slid a few chips forward as well.

Jack Arken
2013-08-14, 05:41 PM
The rotund lord, bedecked in jewels and the finest furs and silks, laid his cards on the table. Somehow he had gotten a higher hand than she had dealt to him. "What's wrong girl? It's just beginner's luck." He chuckled softly to himself before she showed her hand, taking a sip from the goblet and setting it down beside him.

Lord Raziere
2013-08-14, 10:48 PM
She said nothing.

What.

No seriously what. She made sure she had the highest hand with her illusions.

This didn't make any sense.

This was impossible!

No wait…no….it was possible. there was another Gifted around? One that got past her Sight? There was magic for that. and there was someone using magic to fool with hers. She looked around frantically. But why influence the outcome of a card game with magic like thi-?

No.

She focused on Marrowmount.

No way.

THAT GUY!? He was the Gifted one who influenced the cards with his own illusions? Darn it!

…But she couldn't say they he was cheating. She would have to explain how. Which would mean they would both get killed at the very least. No, she just had to implement the back up plan in case all else failed, but with a modification or two…
"Very well….when would milord like to claim your winnings? and might I suggest before you do so, we take a tour topside alone, perhaps enjoy the fresh air and the view of the ground below? I promise this diversion will be short for you indeed."
She said with a fake smile as she set down the cards.

Ishikar
2013-08-15, 06:53 AM
Noting the apparent panic and not pleased at all with the lord's overly confident manner Peter begins murmuring the words of a spell softly to himself while his hand retains the wine glass he acquired. Masking his mouth with the opaque liquid he finishes the spell and takes a drink as he pours his scrutiny over the table.

Casting Magic Detection.

Magic Appraisal: [roll0]

Open dice potential: [roll1]

Jack Arken
2013-08-15, 01:51 PM
Marrowmount chuckles heartily, his chin wobbling. "Of course of course." He glanced around at the other nobles who had been playing. "Well, if you gentlemen would excuse me I-" He stumbles and barely catches himself on the table. His face is wracked with pain as he clutches at his heart. His face turning a bright red he gasps and collapses to the floor. "My god. What happened?" Someone said. The room erupted into gasps and loud murmurs while one of the nobles knelt beside him. A few moments and he looked up, "He is dead." His eyes fastened onto the card cheat, "You killed him! Guards!" He said yelling the last. Already some of the security were making their way through the gawking crowd.

You don't sense any magic, he was most likely cheating normally.

Ishikar
2013-08-15, 04:35 PM
At the sudden collapse and rapid accusation of his traveling companion Peter frowns and speaks up.

I cannot see how you could accuse her of this when she touched nothing but the cards that he did. She had no contact with any food, drink, or any part of his considerably large person. Is there a physician here who could identify a cause of death? It is entirely possible that he merely passed away from a natural cause at a rather unfortunate time. Even if it is foul play I find the timing of his collapse to be entirely too coincidental for her to be the culprit, it is more likely that another of the Lord's enemies planned this in some manner and left another to be accused in their stead.

Peter moves forward as he speaks and stands in front of Lem to protect her from the fear this event has wrought and the animosity that spreads as the shock and numbness fade away.

Oh dear lord what am I doing? I really do not want to have to use Pyre but if this is the type of situation I'm going to be trapped in I may not have a choice.

Lord Raziere
2013-08-15, 06:10 PM
"Why would I want to kill him? Now that he is dead, the bet is off, and I couldn't have known he was going to win until right now. I have gained nothing from this, heck, I don't even know this guys name or why anyone would want him dead."
Y'know aside from the womanizing tendencies but come on that is a jerk trait probably common to many nobles. Her plan was to push the fat jerk off the side of the ship while no one was looking, but hey this worked to, even if it wasn't her style. Only problem now was to figure how not to go to jail for what she didn't do, even if she didn't exactly disapprove of it.

She thought: who could've killed this guy? Hm, there was that ki guy in disguise, it was plausible that he could've done it, he had the powers to evade her detection so, yea, possible. But then again there might be any number gifted people who got past her essence sight. if one guy could do it…there is a good chance that other people could to.

As for the others among her new friends…nope. Peter? nah. Aiden? too much a strong-arm type, and Deidre? eeeh, probably not.

So yeah disguise guy. Probably the only lead. Problem: No evidence, and she didn't see him anywhere. Assuming he isn't hiding somewhere where he doesn't even know any of this is taking place. that and the ki-hiding power. Problematic. No one even knew he was on the ship so, and she didn't have a name, so…no way to even voice it as a possibility, at least not right now.

So yeah. This wasn't how she was planning to spend her day.

cybric
2013-08-17, 11:54 PM
Aiden

This was getting out of hand quick. Aiden had seem how panicked people lead to ruined situations more than once and mob justice was such an ugly thing.
"hold on hold on everyone just calm down. There's no way she did it we were all watching and she didn't do anything unusual so why don't we all just step back and take a moment yes? No need for ugliness on such a wonderful maiden voyage...yes?. While Aiden has been speaking he has been moving towards their group. Hands coiling slowly into fists and muscles tightening as the tension grew. His master had trained him in the ways of their order so he knew that he needed no weapon to be effective however he didn't know how the others could handle themselves

Khadavla
2013-08-23, 11:25 PM
Deidra’s face went pale and her mind raced. He touched the cards, but so did everyone else. Stabbing him would leave sign on the body. Even just a prick to deliver a venom. But…

The wine?

Do poisons even act that fast?

The sable skinned girl looked back and forth for the serving man who’d delivered the drink to the wealthy business man. Then she quietly began to weave through the crowd in the direction he’d gone, trying not to draw too much attention to herself.

Jack Arken
2013-08-25, 12:18 PM
The security there wore crisp blue coats that hung past their knees with a breastplate strapped over it. They looked ceremonial, but the swords at their sides did not. "Everyone remain calm. We have the situation under control." Said one who wore an insignia of rank on his breastplate. He approached Peter and the woman he protected. "Sir, we need to take the woman into custody. If she isn't the killer then she -is- a witness. And we'll all have it sorted out when we land."

Diedra on the other hand was lucky, as she cleared the crowd she saw the back of the servant as he turned the corner into the bathroom once again. When she followed him in though she lost track of him, one of the men inside who was using the wash basin recoiled. "Madame this is the men's room..."

Lord Raziere
2013-08-27, 07:55 AM
Hrm. Best just go along with it for now. Resisting being taken into custody would be suspicious. She was technically a criminal, which means there might be a risk of them finding out, but she highly doubted that they had any records of her, or any criminal on board, if there were any records of her kept at all. She forgot if they did that. Now to just sliiiightly tweak her story and….yea, she could totally work this. Technically she didn't even have to lie. She liked to shuffle cards sometimes, just to keep herself calm as a fidget tool, so it would all be plausible. Tell the truth (omitting a certain brand of cheating) and all will work out.
She wore a businesslike smile and roguish gaze as she responded:
"Very well officers, I will cooperate with you. It is within everyone's best interests that we get to the bottom of this mystery after all. Find out who murdered whats-his-face, and bring the murderer to justice for his crime."

Khadavla
2013-08-28, 07:55 PM
The ebony girl pulled up short arched a snow white eyebrow. For a moment, she ignored the man who addressed her and looked around the bathroom.

If she didn't see anyone else, she turned to look the other man in the eyes. A flex of her muscles told her the comfortable weight of her sword was still ready on her hip. “Begging your pardon, good sir. Did you happen to note a blue-liveried servant entering here?”

She stood in the door, highly suspicious but keeping a pleasant pose, determined not to let this man out just yet.

Ishikar
2013-08-30, 08:26 AM
Peter's ire rising at the rather pointed attention that his new companion was gaining was something he'd seen before, he'd even lived it when his scholarships had elevated the schools he attended before he had received his patronage and it still sat poorly with him. Suppressing the strain of anger he began to speak once more.

I don't see why you would assume that this young woman was any more or less culpable than any of the other dozens of witnesses here. She did not know Lord Marrowmount and only had the few minutes of interaction. If you want to assume poison or an assassin nearly anyone here could be culpable in some fashion or another from a bribed server or an admirer who wanted to offer the Lord a special vintage of wine he may enjoy. I can hardly assume that you are going to arrest everyone present and it makes a mockery of the law and spirit of justice if you simply take someone of lower birth and whisk them away as the "culprit" while whoever is truly responsible for this monstrous act just walks away in anonymity without reprisal to kill again. Peter takes a moment to calm himself before continuing, regulating the volume he had reached and taking a breath before continuing in a more even tone.

If she must be detained then I would ask that she be remanded into my custody. He reaches into his bag and pulls out a folded document bearing a pair wax seals and signet ring matching one of said seals. As a retainer to Count Holmberg of Lucrecio I will give my word of honor that I shall keep this young woman under watch and shall, on pain of death, remand her to the custody of an appropriate authority should she be found guilty of this murder by a fair and honest trial. Peter's eyes fall to the lead guard and with a resolved look waits for him to take and check the documents, keeping careful control so as not to let any of the panicked thoughts running through his head play across his face.

Well you've finally done it now Peter. Always were one to get too involved and now you've just put your life on the line for someone you've only just met. The count will DEFINITELY hear about this latest incident and if things go poorly I may lose my life or position even if I am able to pass Lem to the authorities should she be found guilty. To think I did all of this just because of what happened with Sarah He barely suppresses a twinge as he thinks of the name ... and it's probably better that I not think about her until I have time on my own to re-sort those feelings once again.

Lord Raziere
2013-08-30, 11:25 PM
Lemarrah scrutinized Peter. Hrm. Why did he do that? He only just met her. But then he kind of made sense. Why DID they single her out from the crowd? Just because she didn't fit in? Because she was the one who was playing the fat man last? Guess she was lucky that she had someone to stand up for her. Nevertheless, some help for him might be in order…
"I agree with this here chap in front of me, whoever he is, and would like to further point out that if you were to arrest people just because of their proximity to the crime, I would just like to point out that its far more likely for the two nobles on either side of Lord Morromont to have poisoned him, because they could've been quick enough to put the poison in while he was focusing on the game, or any of the nobles playing the game, they could planned to pass the poison around or something to kill him.

But that would be ridiculous and jumping to conclusions. We don't want people arrested just because of how close they were to Lord Marramant, am I right?"
She looked at the nobles near Marrowmount with a mischievous glance, to hopefully make them spring to their defense and support Peter from fear of being arrested themselves. She replied to any attempts to correct Marrowmount's name with "Whatever."

Jack Arken
2013-08-31, 10:53 AM
The officer smirked and shook his head. "We will take down the names of these nobles. As we said you will have a trial, however we can not allow the most suspicious individual here to wander the ship unhindered. We will escort you to your room, under guard, and collect the statements of the witnesses." The man glanced to Peter, "No title I am afraid can interfere with the Prince's justice, stand aside sir." The captains eyes flashed dangerously as his hand went to the hilt of his sword, the two other guards flanking him.

Giovanni panted slowly in the stalls, the ability of his to change his body at will was tiring and consumed massive amounts of energy. He heard someone speak outside. "Madame, this is the men's room." Someone had followed him in, was it the card shark? He quickly gathered up the bits and pieces of his disguise and hurriedly applied them to himself. If he was undisturbed for a minute he would exit and head to the washbasin to clean his hands, eyeing the ebony skinned woman in the reflection of the mirror.

Lord Raziere
2013-08-31, 09:30 PM
Well that was less than useless. As for the so-called "justice"….if enough witnesses say that she was responsible, that was it. People have a way of convincing themselves that they saw something that they actually didn't, especially when their memories are of shocking incidents like these and are looking for someone to blame. Yeah, on second thought, allowing them to arrest her might not be the best idea, her "trial" would probably be a bunch of people swearing that they "always knew" that she was suspicious and they "saw" her doing a bunch of things she did not.

What were her other options? fighting was right out. not only would make it seem like she was the culprit, it would potentially harm the innocents around her. problem is if she didn't do something fast, the fight would break out anyways.

take Peter hostage? No! Peter was her friend. that and how would it accomplish anything? she would be committing a crime and would be earning a real trip to the slammer.

These men don't sound like the corruptible cop type, so thats out.

Use Magic? Hrm. She didn't want to use her power to solve all her problems. Become too dependent on it and you die once it fails you. The real problem is that doing it front of all these people could be more suicidal than just plain attacking them….unless. Oh yeah, this idea could work. She just needed a plausible way to mask the spell.
"Oh before I go with you big strong men of the law, can I shuffle this deck one more time? It won't take a moment, I assure you and it relaxes me so much."
She grabbed the deck and began shuffling the cards, enjoying the way she manipulated and mixed them, enjoyed the interplay of illusionary and normal energy that flowed through her fingertips as she shaped the spell, expertly woven and weaved together- then when she slammed the deck of cards down, it was cast.
"Done now I'm-"

"AHAHAHA, FOOLS!"
Suddenly everyone turned around to see the conductor Lemarrah encountered earlier (aka conductor-disguised Giovanni), clearly holding a vile of sickly green poison for everyone to see.
"It was I! I confess, I was the one who killed Lord Marrowmount! I enjoyed every moment of it! And you foolish guards can never hope to catch me! Your Prince's justice is weak and meaningless! Mark my words, he will only be the first!"
He then runs out into the hall way, cackling. Lemarrah smiled internally as she watched the guards chase after him. Now that her illusionary version of that conductor guy has confessed to the crime, there was no need for suspects. and therefore no need to arrest her. Now to figure out if he was really behind the crime or not...

OOC:

Create Illusory Being
Cost: 60
760 Zeon remaining.

Marius
2013-09-06, 02:41 PM
Standing against the wall Zekio watches with amusement the events in the gambling room. "And I thought this was going to be a boring ride!"
He's wearing simple and loose clothing but of good quality and a fur coat. His long black hair hangs in a single braid. He has a few days worth of beard but it suits him. His hand is nursing a half-empty glass of wine, the other hand hold a bottle of the same.
He doesn't get why everyone is so upset, fat guys die all the time. He can't blame them for enjoying the good life but it does tend to shorten your life expectancy. Maybe those guards know something he doesn't. They could be waiting for it to happend or they had something to do with it. Ethier way now they needed a scapegoat. He shouldn't meddle, he knows he shouldn't but he can't avoid it.

He smiles when the "conductor" makes his confession. "So heavy handed!" He moves closer to the girl, empties the rest of his glass in one gulp, and whispers: "I don't know how or if you did that, but that won't buy you much time."

Lord Raziere
2013-09-06, 04:28 PM
AAAAAAAH KI GUY! She whirled around. Was this man the same man who she bumped into earlier? He had also had a ki aura…..and the guy was good at disguises. Could he disguise himself as this guy? Was he intentionally not hiding it to get close to her and thus hide where she should would least expect it: right under her nose? But his voice was kind of different, but then it could be good voice acting or something, maybe ki? could ki even change peoples voices?

Whoever this guy is, she did not trust him. Was he the real guy who killed Marrowmount? Was there two or one ki guys on this airship? Worse, he saw through it. He is especially untrustworthy. however he WAS right….that probably wouldn't buy much time. but if she wasn't here when he was gone, that would be suspicious. However they are going to scapegoat her anyways so….time to hide! But first…

She whispers to Peter:
"Don't trust the ki guy in the fur coat!"
Then she quickly walks away, when she is out of sight of everyone she tries to find the best place to hide, going towards one of the bathrooms. nice and private!

Ishikar
2013-09-09, 09:47 AM
Recovering from the shock of the rather blatant abuse of his new companion's use of illusion magic Peter took the full measure of his control to not let his thoughts show on his face.

Did she really think that an illusion like that so suddenly wouldn't arouse suspicion? That the corny dialogue straight out of a third rate play wouldn't hurt the illusion instead of help it? Perhaps worst of all that if anyone put two and two together that such powers could be used to mask just the kind of murder that had occurred with Lord Marrowmont?

After the onlooker whispers between the pair and Lem whispers her warning before darting off something inside Peter just seems to snap and he begins to speak.

Well it appears that a more viable suspect has appeared to gloat over his vendetta against the nobility. I for one would feel significantly safer if we were to find and capture this man before he can inflict such a grisly fate upon another.

I just can't have nice simple situations anymore can I? Erika and Christine warned me that women were always trouble in some form or another and the Count said that I really should be more discreet about who I involve myself with. Perhaps it's a trial I'm to overcome or some twisted punishment for interfering with the lives of other beings his ring grows warmer against his finger as the thought passed through his head, Pyre apparently amused by the turmoil his master was feeling. and for another thing just HOW does Lem keep finding these people? Does she have some sort of pathological need to make things more complicated? Maybe I should just find some sort of leash for her, I'm sure I read somewhere about discreet magics for just such a purpose, based off of a lovely silver chain he was certain nobody would guess what it was for. Maybe ask Diedra to keep an eye on Lem in the meantime... It was at that point Peter just noticed the other woman's absence as well. With a controlled breath he walked over to Aiden and addressed him.

Perhaps it would be best if we joined the search for our killer, Lem seems set on clearing her name and Diedra left somewhere along the line and may not know everything that happened, we should make a quick search of the ship and regroup.

Peter continued to think to himself as he began his search.Yep, just can't have nice things, the fates apparently have decided that some measure of fortune or ability I have earned me their ire along the way.

Jack Arken
2013-09-11, 11:22 PM
The leader of the guards narrowed his eyes at the Illusionist. "We will detain this man. However do not think you can escape, this ship is floating hundreds of feet in the air." He holds up his plated fist and the guards run off down the hall to apprehend the illusion. The Captain turned, his blue cape billowing out behind him. Already the murmurs had died down in the game room, and had begun to be replaced by the sound of dice rolling and money being lost and won.

As the guards and the captain made their way through the hallway, pushing passengers out of the way, the captain blinked once as the Conducter seemingly disappeared. "You fools! It's an illusion!" He turned to look back down the hallway where the girl had ducked into the washroom. "She is a witch. Detain her immediately. If she resists kill her." The two guards nodded, drawing their short swords and making their way after her. Despite the screams of the women inside. "Really! This is so inappropriate." Said a voice from inside the washroom as the Captain stood outside.

Yeah he beat the MR of that spell. Now you look super guilty. xD
Also for those exploring the ship. Here is a Map (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0By10mHQOiJbCdWdmdENtZXVydFU/edit?usp=sharing)

Lord Raziere
2013-09-13, 08:35 PM
Ok. Maybe that wasn't the best idea. And they know what illusions are? Huh, weird. She thought that the people of Gabriel didn't believe in magic. Maybe these guys were particularly devout guards or something. Now how to get out of this situation without harming people? She guessed they were just doing their jobs, and doing more magic or fighting might cause more harm, but she really didn't want to be used a scapegoat. Was fighting these guys ok if they were going to scapegoat her even before they knew she was a witch? Wait…she had an idea…
"Ok, ok I know this looks bad, but trust me, I'm not the poisoning type. Or harming much in general. its kind of a thing I have, but you guys were trying to scapegoat me before, so I can't trust you to not kill me now. So I ask, do you really want to fight me where there is innocents around and could get hurt? I really don't want them to get involved with anything here, and I don't think you want to either. You don't strike me as the type to harm upstanding honest citizens like these women around you. Sooo…are you going to say "then allow yourself to be detained, criminal scum!" or try and kill me? because I don't really want either to happen. I guess I'm kind of being selfish trying to find a third option here, but the first third option didn't pan out just now. So decisions, decisions. Do I go quietly, sacrifice my freedom so that others are safe or fight and potentially harm innocents? Oh look a vent! None of the above."
She drew her sword…and used it to pry the vent on the ceiling open then jumped upwards, grabbing a hold of its edge then hauled herself inside the ventilation ducts.

Don't know what to roll for that….

Jack Arken
2013-10-13, 12:54 AM
The captain shoved the pointy end of his sword into the ventilation shaft, but she was already making her way around the bend inside. "Damn! Spread out and find her! And someone get me someone who knows the layout of this ship." He said, his pale face red with anger as he stormed out of the washroom.

Meanwhile in the Dining area...

"Oh father, you really did spoil me this year." The young blonde noblewoman said, leaning over to speak to the balding man on her left. The Dining area was packed with nobles of every shape and color, though the Marquis' colors of gold and blue were hung high on the walls and decorated the tables. Between the feasting nobles, acrobats dressed in matching harlequin outfits demonstrated their agility and skill. At one table a man swallowed daggers, and another a woman in a laughing mask performed summersaults. It was Collinas' sixteenth nameday and her father the Marquis of Raun was, as always, going to the farthest expense to impress his peers. Having bought up nearly all of the tickets on the Airship's maiden voyage, he had spared nothing of his grand fortune. Even hiring a professional acrobat troupe that even now delighted the party goers.

The captain and the crew disliked that the man had turned their voyage into a circus. But no one could argue with the man's gold. And so Giovanni found himself resting against the wall of the marble dining hall and pulling on the kerchief on his pristine white uniform and exhaling softly. Something had gone wrong, someone had used his face to frame him for the murder he had actually committed. But who could have known it was him?

cybric
2013-10-14, 05:46 PM
Aiden

Aiden moves trying figure out where his swift friend would come out and eventually finds himself in the dinning hall

Malixe
2013-10-17, 10:19 AM
Micca stood by, watching the party's proceedings with a hardened gaze. So far, people had been treating her like staff. She supposed, at least, that was better than some ways she could be treated. The woman looked it too, her regalia was reminiscent of the guards. She wore a military cap colored navy blue with black visor, and her short brown hair stuck out at off angles from beneath its brim. It was something seen quite often on the security officials in Remo. Perhaps that was part of the reason people had been bothering her about a murderer in the next compartment. She could hear the shouting, too, just faintly.

But Micca wasn't terribly interested in that right now. That's what the 'actual' security was for. She wasn't supposed to be doing any fighting on this trip, and for the record she was trying quite hard to commit to that idea...

Finally leaving the wall, she decided to patrol a little bit; taking wide arcs around the nobles tables-though not quite so with the performers. Micca found them interesting, if only because she was curious to their secrets. Her eyes focused for a time on the masked woman bounding across a nearby table. That mask made half of her act, in Micca's mind anyways. It dehumanized her. Were her face bare, it would have been difficult to simply stand and watch.

Jack Arken
2013-10-20, 01:10 AM
Sforza glanced around the room, no guards, well that was a blessing he supposed. But there was a woman in armor, how odd, and the other looked like a retired fighting man of some sort. He brushed past the woman as the lead troubadour himself wearing a pensive mask with horns hopped onto the center table. "Ladies and gentlemen. LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!" He said raising his voice until the chorus of voices was but a murmur in the ears. "Might I say it has been a pleasure performing for such hallowed guests as yourselves." He paused a moment to allow the self congratulatory cheer to pass through the room. "And to our most generous host. The noble Marquis and his darling daughter." He turned on his heel and bowed low to them both sitting on their chairs at the dais. "But I am -afraid-." He said straightening. "That it is time for the final act." He plucked a few chords on his leer. "If you would be so kind..." The man said as the acrobats began drawing daggers, knives, and weapons of all sorts from their clothing and under tables.

Khadavla
2013-10-27, 01:38 AM
Deidra Mauser

The ebony girl chewed on her lower lip nervously as she headed down to the dining room. She’d been to confused by what she’d seen in the men’s privy to stay close as the commotion grew. She was sure she’d seen a man with two faces. It had made her too nervous to stick around when the guards were rampaging all over creation.

The opulent meal soothed her, and she started to relax and enjoy the spectacles. Just when she’d stopped wishing she were wearing her armor instead of her stylishly revealing dress, the jugglers and other entertainers began producing small weapons from all over. Deidra groaned and settled her hands on her weapons. Her foot idly rose to the edge of the table, getting ready to kick it up for cover. These thugs were fools. They couldn't simply rob these rich men and run out the door. They’d have to seize the entire vessel—which meant killing any one they didn't decide to ransom.

This was going to get ugly.