PDA

View Full Version : Good/neutral aligned deities with planning domain..

animewatcha
2013-07-10, 06:49 PM
No ToB. There any neutral good or chaotic good deities that have the planning domain? Cannot be of an ideal due to requirement of prestige class. Setting is greyhawk, but might be able to swing other setting deities.

-edit- after re-reading. Alignment of deity can be NG, N, CG, or CN.

mattie_p
2013-07-10, 06:52 PM
According to this source, (http://home.comcast.net/~ftm3/ASMoNM/domains.html) the following deities have the Planning domain.

Planning Domain (Spell Compendium 278)

Core Deities: None.
Forgotten Realms Deities: Gond, Helm, Ilneval, Red Knight, Siamorphe, Ubtao.
Other Deities: Bralm.

And if I'm not mistaken, Bralm is neutral.

Kuulvheysoon
2013-07-10, 07:04 PM
According to this source, (http://home.comcast.net/~ftm3/ASMoNM/domains.html) the following deities have the Planning domain.

Planning Domain (Spell Compendium 278)

Core Deities: None.
Forgotten Realms Deities: Gond, Helm, Ilneval, Red Knight, Siamorphe, Ubtao.
Other Deities: Bralm.

And if I'm not mistaken, Bralm is neutral.

Helm, Red Knight and Siamorphe are all Lawful Neutral, while Gond and Ubtao are True Neutral, and Ilneval is Neutral Evil.

So you could be a LG Cleric of one of those.

Or, you know, take the Heretic of the Faith feat from Lost Empires of Faerun and add the Planning Domain to any diety, so long as you can explain why IC.

Mr.Bookworm
2013-07-10, 07:09 PM
Forgotten Realms Deities: Gond (N), Helm (LN), Ilneval (NE), Red Knight (LN), Siamorphe (LN), Ubtao (N).
Other Deities: Bralm (N).

Tagged the deities with their alignment, for further elucidation.

Bralm is a Greyhawk deity, but worshipping the goddess of insects might not be your thing. Ubtao is basically a jungle god; he's also the god of dinosaurs, which is pretty awesome. Gond is the god of artifice and all that good stuff.

What's the PrC, incidentally?

EDIT: FIxed Ilneval's alignment.

Kuulvheysoon
2013-07-10, 07:10 PM
Tagged the deities with their alignment, for further elucidation.

Bralm is a Greyhawk deity, but worshipping the goddess of insects might not be your thing. Ubtao is basically a jungle god; he's also the god of dinosaurs, which is pretty awesome. Gond is the god of artifice and all that good stuff.

What's the PrC, incidentally?

Illneval is actually NE, making it possible for a CE cleric to have the Planning domain. It amuses me greatly.

Malroth
2013-07-10, 07:11 PM
I'm liking the sound of this "heretic of the faith" feat, while planning domain might not be worth it for some builds i'm pretty sure there's a few builds out there that are worth blowing a feat to gain a paticular domain for especially since worshiping an Ideal has never been allowed at our tables.

Mr.Bookworm
2013-07-10, 07:14 PM
Illneval is actually NE, making it possible for a CE cleric to have the Planning domain. It amuses me greatly.

Random near-pointless slaughter can be made so much more efficient with a few simple steps and minor changes to your daily routine!

Also, fixed, thanks.

Kuulvheysoon
2013-07-10, 07:16 PM
I'm liking the sound of this "heretic of the faith" feat, while planning domain might not be worth it for some builds i'm pretty sure there's a few builds out there that are worth blowing a feat to gain a paticular domain for especially since worshiping an Ideal has never been allowed at our tables.

I'm sorry, I incorrectly stated that it came from LEoF. It actually comes from Power of Faerun, and requires that you switch out one of your existing domains.

animewatcha
2013-07-10, 07:18 PM
Prestige class is the eldritch disciple or whatever the divine class warlock one is. Special ability is the healing blast ( requirement being deity is non-evil ). At first, thought required good. Re-reading it, now just need NG, N, CG, or CN deity that has planning.

Malroth
2013-07-10, 07:20 PM
Ask Your DM if Odin would be appropiate, Thats a Chatotic Good Greater diety with the planning domain if ever one existed.

Mr.Bookworm
2013-07-10, 07:24 PM
Prestige class is the eldritch disciple or whatever the divine class warlock one is. Special ability is the healing blast ( requirement being deity is non-evil ). At first, thought required good. Re-reading it, now just need NG, N, CG, or CN deity that has planning.

Er, Eldritch Disciple's requirement is actually that you have to worship a chaotic or evil deity. This makes either Ilneval or the feat mentioned upthread your only option if you want the Planning domain.