PDA

View Full Version : Mob template replacements?

Tvtyrant
2013-07-10, 07:23 PM
The mob template is completely borked, as the grapple DC is amazing and it is otherwise useless. Watch as it auto-pins the melee characters and grinds them out of existence!

However I want to run a mob of human zombies for my E6 campaign (because zombie fights take forever and are boring otherwise.) I was thinking of using oozes and refluffing them as zombie mobs instead of using the mob template.

Would this work well? Is there a better mob system out there?

Edit: I am specifically using the G. Cube as the ooze, because the Engulf ability is what I think the mob should have. Acid damage would become bludgeoning.

nyjastul69
2013-07-10, 08:56 PM
There is a Horde from World's Largest Dungeon, but that's d20 not official D&D.

Tvtyrant
2013-07-10, 10:08 PM
World's Largest Dungeon is that one where the forcewall appears when you walk in right? Is that still for sale?

nyjastul69
2013-07-10, 11:10 PM
World's Largest Dungeon is that one where the forcewall appears when you walk in right? Is that still for sale?

Ummm... yeah. I never said it was a good product. Just that it had a slightly different take on swarms. I'm currently DMing it. Hordes are one of the better things it offers IMO. It doesn't seem to be for sale from AEG anymore but it's available on the secondary market. My reading of their product identity precludes me from posting the Horde description. It's a lot like a mob. I was just trying to point you to an option. Whether that's a good option I leave to your capable hands.