PDA

View Full Version : For Niners: Who was the best First Officer?

SolkaTruesilver
2006-12-08, 10:21 PM
Few people realise that Worf was the Defiant's First Officer from season 4-onward. They just think "Kira" all the way, but na-ha...

so, which First Officer was the greatest of DS9?

Tzekan
2006-12-09, 03:53 AM
Worf was one of my favourite characters, but Kira and Sisko interacted really, really well. so i have to say she's a better first officer. Individually as a character she's not as well developed (Well, Worf has had more episodes than pretty much anyone) but the way she interacts with the other high-ranking officers is interesting. I think of Sisko, Kira and Odo as the Kirk, Spock and McCoy of DS9 (not in that order mind).

call me mad if you wish, but that's what i think

SolkaTruesilver
2006-12-09, 06:08 AM
Indeed.. but how could we have Odo if there wasn't any Quark? Odo and Quark, Quark and Odo...

The same about Bashir/O'Brian... I remember watching an interview where he said that DS9 was a lot about "Male Bonding", such as Martok/Work, Bashir/O'Brian, Jake/Nog...

El Jaspero, the Pirate King
2006-12-09, 10:08 AM
I never got fully hooked on DS9, but I'm going with Kira too. She was just a much more interesting character than Worf, who had so much baggage from TNG that he could barely brush his teeth without setting off a Klingon civil war.

pestilenceawaits
2006-12-09, 12:52 PM
I hated the Kira character from the very first episode. She was one of the most whiny, irrational, and unpleasant characters I have ever seen. Worf all the way. I loved Worf's history and his background with TNG.

bosssmiley
2006-12-12, 12:35 AM
I hated the Kira character from the very first episode. She was one of the most whiny, irrational, and unpleasant characters I have ever seen.

Is it only me who can't tell Kira and Lois Griffin on "Family Guy" apart? :smalleek:

Thought Dax was the XO on DS9?

SolkaTruesilver
2006-12-12, 09:10 PM
Well, Dax WAS the XO (and even CO) of the Defiant when DS9 was lost to the Dominion. But it's because Worf was the XO of General Martok for the time being.

Nightmarenny
2006-12-13, 03:10 AM
Remmember the episode where the DS9 crew met their "possible" decendence's on that planet with the crazy energy field thing? Hated Kira after that episode.

Tharj TreeSmiter
2006-12-13, 05:27 PM
the Kira character never really seemed coherant for me. Some episodes she was gruff, mean, and unpredictable. A few episodes later she'd be compassionate to a fault, and then a few episodes later she'd be happy bubbly and oblivious.

At first I didn't like odo but then he got more interesting. But you gotta love the klingon!