PDA

View Full Version : Baibai chrome

Ashtagon
2013-07-11, 02:09 AM
Seems the latest update has removed the --no-new-style-menubar tag functionality, so I am forced to have extra-wide white context menu bars if I am to use chrome. That's a deal breaker for me. That may be the best way to make a touch-screen interface, but I do not touch my screens.

noparlpf
2013-07-11, 07:12 AM
Seems the latest update has removed the --no-new-style-menubar tag functionality, so I am forced to have extra-wide white context menu bars if I am to use chrome. That's a deal breaker for me. That may be the best way to make a touch-screen interface, but I do not touch my screens.

Uninstall it and dig up an older version you like better. I keep the installers for programs in case updates ruin everything, and turn off automatic updates where possible. (I have an Adobe Reader 9 installer from around 2009 and a CCCP installer from 2011, for example, although I'm using a newer version of Media Player Classic now. I'm also apparently still running Firefox 19 and they're on 22.)

Grinner
2013-07-11, 07:56 AM
Uninstall it and dig up an older version you like better. I keep the installers for programs in case updates ruin everything, and turn off automatic updates where possible. (I have an Adobe Reader 9 installer from around 2009 and a CCCP installer from 2011, for example, although I'm using a newer version of Media Player Classic now. I'm also apparently still running Firefox 19 and they're on 22.)

See, the problem with this is that it presents a huge security hole. Yes, those programs might have the functionality you're familiar with. They also have all of the vulnerabilities, and all of which are probably listed in vulnerability databases.

If you open the wrong PDF or webpage, it won't be long before you'll be paying to get a rootkit purged or reinstalling the OS.

thubby
2013-07-13, 05:07 AM
one of the reasons i like firefox is that if you dont like the new interface, someone will have created an addon that gives you the old one, going back to the dawn of the program.

Weezer
2013-07-14, 04:39 PM

Please don't take this advice. Running 4 year old adobe and 3(!!!) version old Firefox is the internet security version of going to a plague hospital and kissing every patient. It's a way to seriously compromise your computer security.

Ashtagon
2013-07-15, 01:13 AM
Don't worry, I'm definitely not going to use an old unpatched program. Firefox is the one for me.