PDA

View Full Version : Let's Survive [IC]

RandomWombat
2013-07-11, 09:22 AM
Elena Greene: You recently won a scratch-and-win lottery ticket, obtaining a promotional trip to see in person the unveiling of a new design by the Oliver-Kendall Automotive Company in Ontario, one they claimed would ‘revolutionize the way people drive’. The event would be on television, but a few lucky winners would get to be there. You remember this included a stay at the Dancing Buffalo hotel, which included a pool and a kitchen known for its excellent homemade meals. Overall, it sounded like a nice (free) distraction. Plus, it would only take a couple of days, so it didn’t include all the usual hassle of planning a vacation. In any case, you are now arriving by car in the town of Linhill, Ontario; hometown of the founders Oliver and Kendall of the aptly named Oliver-Kendall company.

Jonathan Locke: A few days ago, you received a phone call from one Grant Gooden, a man who served along with your father in the war. You vaguely recall meeting him a few times. Grant is suffering from cancer in his lungs, and is unlikely to survive any operations due to his age and health. The dying man claims to have something to tell you, something important related to your father. He is in a hospital in Linhill, Ontario, where he’s lived since his wife died. Since you lack a license, you have traveled there by train. The train is now arriving at the train station.

William Drake: You also received a phone call from Grant Gooden. It seems Mr. Gooden once lived near your family and had your father investigate the theft of a memento from the war. The case was never solved, and the object never found. Now Grant is dying of cancer, and wishes you to continue the investigation based on a new lead he has uncovered. The old soldier said he was at a hospital in Linhill, Ontario where he’s been living for three years. Arriving by bus, you find yourself at a small diner where those getting on or off could wait for their ride here or there and have some coffee.

Everyone: You all remember the town being eerily quiet, with nobody around- except those few who arrived via train and bus along with Jonathan and William, respectively. These are the last things you all remember. After that it simply blacks out. You do not know how long it has been, but each of you awakens in a separate hotel room. Each room contains a double bed against the south wall (on which each of you awakens), a nightstand with a touch lamp, a closet on the north side of the room, a window on the west side of the room with the curtains shut, and a door on the east side of the room.

Elena: In your room there is also a plain wooden chair in the northwest corner, propped against the closet door. Your room’s lamp is turned on at a low setting when you awaken.

Jonathan: The lamp on your nightstand is turned off, and you can barely see.

William: Your lamp is at the high setting, illuminating the room well. There is a yellow sticky note on the inside of the door to the room, though you cannot make out the writing from here.

ra88’s character would have also won a trip to see the Oliver-Kendall event, but he will not be here for now due to IRL interference. He will be introduced when the time comes.

OOC Thread link (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=15590217#post15590217)

bryjhiro10
2013-07-11, 09:59 AM
William gets up off the bed wondering where the hell he is, trying to remember what happened.

Upon noticing the note on the door he approaches it attempting to read it. He also takes note of anything out of place.

Do I need to roll? I'm new to Savage Worlds.

At0m1kSQ
2013-07-11, 10:09 AM
Locke looks around for a bit, letting his eyes adjust to the darkness before getting up. He fumbles around looking for the light. Then attempts to open the curtains.

Ionbound
2013-07-11, 02:23 PM
Elena turns the lamp up, mutters to herself "What the heck is going on here," then moves to the closet door, removes the chair and opens the door.

bryjhiro10
2013-07-11, 02:39 PM
my roll for looking around the room (hope it right) [roll0]

RandomWombat
2013-07-11, 06:03 PM
William: The note on the door reads "keys are in the nightstand stay inside" in penmanship so messy you take a moment to understand what it says. It seems whoever wrote the note was in a hurry. Taking stock of your surroundings, you don't note anything else out of the ordinary.

Johnathan: With the light on you notice something you missed before, a pile of five blue towels in the corner. Upon opening the curtains you see only the darkness of night, lit here and there by dim streetlights. On the other side of the street below there is a convenience store that appears to still be open. You seem to be about three floors up.

Elena: The closet door is unlocked. Inside is a handgun duct taped to the wall, along with a yellow sticky note. Due to poor lighting and penmanship, you cannot read what the note says.

Elena: Lacking a Knowledge skill directly related to weaponry, a Repair check at -2 will tell you what type of handgun it is, reflecting your experience with general machinery and the gun experience your Shooting skill entails.

Ionbound
2013-07-11, 06:30 PM
Elena pull the gun off the wall with some effort and takes the note with her to better lighting.

Repair check to ID gun. [roll0] This was not what I was expecting. More along the lines of "AHH ZOMBIE"

At0m1kSQ
2013-07-11, 06:58 PM
I walk over and inspect the towels.

Ionbound
2013-07-11, 07:54 PM
After reading the note, Elena disengages the clip lock, slides the clip out to check for ammo and pulls the slide back to see if a bullet is in the chamber.

RandomWombat
2013-07-11, 08:06 PM
I walk over and inspect the towels.

Johnathan: The towels are unremarkable.

After reading the note, Elena disengages the clip lock, slides the clip out to check for ammo and pulls the slide back to see if a bullet is in the chamber.

Elena: The note says "note to self: ran out of ammo get more" and proves accurate. The gun is not loaded, and is currently only a marginally more effective clubbing weapon than your fists.

At0m1kSQ
2013-07-11, 11:13 PM
Locke's stomach begins to rumble and he realize he hasn't eaten in who knows how long. He rummage through my things looking for money or a candy bar, scanning over the drawers and the closet for any change to head over to the corner store across the way.

RandomWombat
2013-07-11, 11:24 PM
Johnathan: Searching your pockets, you find some wads of lint. The nightstand and the closet yield much more bountiful results. The top drawer of the nightstand contains a small pocket flashlight with a wristband to prevent it from getting lost, as well as a stack of blank yellow sticky notes and a blue pen. The second drawer contains eight pennies. The closet contains a mop and a wheeled mop bucket, despite the flooring in the room being carpet. There is also a pile of removable shelves from this closet and- judging by the number of them- several others. They're just lying on the floor of the closet for some reason.

At0m1kSQ
2013-07-12, 12:16 AM
Locke pocket the flashlight and pen, then flip through the sticky notes to make sure nothings written on them. He then pockets the eight pennies "Eh, are these still good? I though Canada got rid of the penny. I'll find out soon enough." He says to himself.
He proceeds to scour the closet thoroughly under shelves and litter looking for quarters and the like.

bryjhiro10
2013-07-12, 02:17 AM
William searches the nightstand for the keys the note mentions and anything else there may be.

[roll0]

He then proceeds to open the room door and get out.

bryjhiro10
2013-07-12, 03:51 AM
Double postfor wild card (won't happen again) [roll0]

Ionbound
2013-07-12, 06:57 AM
Elena mutters, "Great. I have a metal club and nothing else. Time to blow this Popsicle stand." She holds the gun by the barrel so the stock is out and opens the door into the hallway.

RandomWombat
2013-07-12, 10:32 AM
Johnathan: You find nothing else of interest in the closet or nightstand. The notes are all blank.

William: In the first drawer of the nightstand you find a ring of keys containing three keys, a stack of yellow sticky notes, and a black pen. In the second drawer you find a box of matches with only three left. The door is unlocked and you exit the room.

Elena & William: As each of you exits, you see one another in the hallway. The hallway is dark, and only the light from your rooms pours into it. You appear to be two rooms apart, with two the doors to two other rooms between yours'. Neither of you know who the other is.

At0m1kSQ
2013-07-12, 10:46 AM
Failing his search Locke heads outside and makes his way towards the convenience store across the street.

Ionbound
2013-07-12, 10:47 AM
Elena shouts to William, "Well hello there! I assume that since you're in these rooms too, you aren't behind this. If you are however..." Elena flips the gun in her hand and gestures threateningly with the barrel, "There will be...consequences. I'm going to open the door closest to me, will you open the the one nearest you?" With that, Elena moves to the door closest to her, flips the gun back into club mode, and opens the door.

RandomWombat
2013-07-12, 10:50 AM
Elena opens the door and is face to face with Johnathan Locke.

At0m1kSQ
2013-07-12, 11:16 AM
"Christ!" John shout upon being face to face with a strange woman holding a firearm and tries to slide past her through the doorway, tripping her through the threshold and trying to close the door.

Not sure what to roll
agility dodge
[roll0]
[roll1]
agility to trip
[roll2]
[roll3]
strength to close the door
[roll4]
[roll5]

Ionbound
2013-07-12, 11:28 AM
Ariana tries to jump the oncoming trip, and says to the man in the door, "Whoa, there. I'm not a part of this, any more than you are. What's your name, maybe we can get out of here. Better to be in a group than alone."

Opposed Agility check to jump John's foot
[roll0]
[roll1]

At0m1kSQ
2013-07-12, 11:36 AM
Calming down but still uneasy"s'cuse me if I'm a bit over reactive when someones got a gun at me" He glances down at the pistol in Elena's hand. "My name's John... Yours?"

Ionbound
2013-07-12, 12:31 PM
"My name is Elena. Sorry about the gun, I found it in my room and since I had no idea what's out here, it seemed useful. You have any idea what's going on?"

At0m1kSQ
2013-07-12, 12:45 PM
"No clue woke up a moment ago in the room I just came out of. All I had in there we're a few pennies a flashlight and some sticky notes. However I can't shake the feeling I missed something." He shuffles back in glances around and does one final sweep, motioning for Elena to follow.

Notice
[roll0]
[roll1]

Ionbound
2013-07-12, 01:34 PM
Elena says, "You go ahead, but I want to see what's in this last door." With that, she moves to the third door, prepares her gun-club and opens the door.

And now for the unknown.

RandomWombat
2013-07-12, 01:57 PM
Johnathan: While searching the room, you accidentally knock over the pile of towels. A small switchblade was tucked between the top towel and the one below it, and falls out onto the floor when the pile collapses.

Elena: It's locked.

bryjhiro10
2013-07-12, 02:30 PM
Sorry rl keeping me busy

"Hey hang on just a second there gotta pick some bits out of this room" William shouts as he turns back into the room to grab the items from the nightstand.

Once he grabs the items he heads back out the door.

"Does anyone have any idea how we got here?" He says to no one in particular.

At0m1kSQ
2013-07-12, 02:40 PM
John flicks the switchblade a couple times before closing it and concealing it in his pocket. "No clue"He shouts back at William. "I was on my way to meet with a friend of my father by the name of Grant something or other."

bryjhiro10
2013-07-12, 02:55 PM
"Grant? His name wasn't Gooden was it? I'm here to meet him too." William says looking around trying to notice anything odd about the passage.

[roll0]
[roll1]

"Do you know a Grant Gooden?" William motions towards Elena, "my names William by the way."

At0m1kSQ
2013-07-12, 02:59 PM
John comes out of the room flashlight in hand and peeks around the dark hallways.

[roll0]
[roll1]

My name's John if you didn't catch that, good to meet you William though the circumstances are less than ideal.

RandomWombat
2013-07-12, 03:09 PM
Everyone: As Johnathan sweeps the hallway with the flashlight, you notice an elevator and entrance to a stairwell at one end, while the other ends in a dead end. There are five rooms on each side of the hallway. On the other side of the hall are 21, 22, 23, 24, and 25. On your side are 26 (Elena), 27 (Johnathan), 28 (Locked Door), 29 (William), and 30. 21 and 26 are near the elevator and stairwell, with 25 and 30 being on either side of the dead end. There are end tables throughout the hallway holding decorative vases, in which flowers wilt from neglect.

William&Johnathan: Both of you realize that the lights aren't out; all the lightbulbs in the hallway light fixtures have been removed.

Ionbound
2013-07-12, 03:15 PM
"I'm Elena. I won a lottery to "See the Car of the Future", so I drove up here from Huntsville. Here, help me knock down this locked door. If there's one thing I learned about this place already, it's that if someone doesn't want you going somewhere, there are usually goodies. My closet door was locked, and behold, a handgun was taped to the wall."

Strength to kick down door.
[roll0]
[roll1]

RandomWombat
2013-07-12, 03:26 PM
Elena: The closet door wasn't locked, it just had a chair leaned against the outside. There was nothing inside that would have needed to be kept inside, and the position of the chair would have been ineffective anyways, so why someone would do this is unknown.

bryjhiro10
2013-07-12, 03:59 PM
"I found some keys, I think maybe we should each take one and try the locked doors." William interrupts before attempting to pass out the keys.

At0m1kSQ
2013-07-12, 07:13 PM
I grab a key and start trying doors on far side 21-25

Ionbound
2013-07-12, 07:26 PM
Elena takes a key, says to William, "Thanks, this might help," and tries the key on the kicked door. If the key doesn't work, she kicks the door again.

Strength, again
[roll0]+1=3
[roll1]+1=6, which means I think I can reroll in the OOC

RandomWombat
2013-07-12, 08:01 PM
Johnathan: Going along the opposite side of the hallway, you try each door in turn. None of them works with your key, however.

Elena: The key in fact works, unlocking Room 28. There are no lights on inside, making it impossible to see anything within.

At0m1kSQ
2013-07-12, 09:54 PM
I see that Elena has managed to open a door and head in flashlight in one hand knife in the other, signaling her to follow.

RandomWombat
2013-07-12, 10:05 PM
With Johnathan lighting up the room, you all find it to be much like those you each woke up in. The power cord of the lamp is pulled out of the plug-in, and another sticky note is stuck to the nightstand. The window is boarded shut, with the curtains discarded on the bed.

bryjhiro10
2013-07-13, 04:18 AM
"You two continue to search the rooms," William passes them the last key, "I'm going to go check out the lift and stairwell."

William approaches the lift to see if it is working and looks around to see if he can notice anything.

[roll0]
[roll1]

"I think our best bet is to get out of here and find this Grant guy since two of us were here to see him" He shouts back.

Ionbound
2013-07-13, 07:27 AM
Elena plugs in the lamp and pull the note off the bed to read in the light.

At0m1kSQ
2013-07-13, 10:55 AM
We should try and get some light in the hallway, all this darkness is too hindering. He exclaims, after the light turns on in the room with Elena. John takes the two light bulbs from his and Elena's rooms, and replaces them in optimal positions in the ceiling lights using a nightstand to step on.

RandomWombat
2013-07-13, 12:48 PM
Johnathan: The light bulbs function correctly, helping light up the hallway a little better.

William: Thanks to the new light, you can see much more easily here. The floor counter above the elevator says the building has four floors and a basement, and that the elevator is currently on the second floor. It appears to be working, but you can't really know for sure from the outside. On the decorative end table at the end of the hall, placed between the door to the elevator and the one to the stairwell, you find a blue cigarette lighter.

Elena: Plugging in the lamp, you light up the room. You can now check around without Johnathan's flashlight. The note stuck to the nightstand reads, in red pen and much better penmanship:
"They are drawn to the light. To whom this may concern, use it sparingly.
~Kendall Singer"

Ionbound
2013-07-13, 01:20 PM
"Hey, guys? We may have a problem. There's a note here that says something is drawn to light."

At0m1kSQ
2013-07-13, 03:27 PM
"Drawn to light?" His eyes shift around the room

notice
[roll0]
[roll1]

"What giant 6ft moths? I'm not typically one to listen to scrawled notes but that was before I woke up in some 3rd rate hotel with no memory of the past... however long its been..." John proceeds to remove a single llightbulb. "Think we should get the others?"

Ionbound
2013-07-13, 04:41 PM
Ariana unplugs the lamp and says to John, "Do you really want to risk it? Especially as we have one effective weapon, and I have exactly one clip."

Remember, Elena doesn't trust them and wants to maintain the illusion of being able to retaliate if they turn on her.

At0m1kSQ
2013-07-13, 11:16 PM
"Two weapons" He states flicking out the switchblade "But sure, lets take it down too."
He goes on to take out the second light bulb and get his flashlight to go help William with the elevator and stairs. All the while he continues to nervously glance about.

bryjhiro10
2013-07-14, 01:49 AM
William takes the lighter and when he sees John approaching he turns to him.

"Find anything? Not much here but I think the elevator is working at least."

Ionbound
2013-07-14, 07:44 AM
"Did you find any stairs?" Elena asks, "I don't really want to use the elevator unless we know it's safe."

bryjhiro10
2013-07-14, 08:38 AM
"Yeah there's some stairs over there" William says pointing to the stairwell.

"Lets get out of here and figure out whats going on?"

At0m1kSQ
2013-07-14, 09:56 AM
"Sounds like a plan , come on lets blow this joint." He readies his knife and heads for the stairs door.

Ionbound
2013-07-14, 11:12 AM
"Sounds good. I'll take the rear, since I have a gun."

RandomWombat
2013-07-14, 02:05 PM
Johnathan takes the lead with his knife and flashlight, lighting the way in the dark stairwell. There are stairs leading up one more floor, and stairs leading down to the lower floors. It seems like the consensus to head towards the ground floor to find a way out, so the group walks in a square spiral down the stairwell. It seems to go one floor lower than the ground floor, likely leading to a basement. The door to the ground floor is chained shut, with a padlock on it.

Ionbound
2013-07-14, 08:03 PM
"Damn. Anyone know how to pick locks?"

At0m1kSQ
2013-07-14, 09:00 PM
"Damn... wait let me try the keys" John goes to try the first key when he realizes something. "Wait..." He begins to whisper "Why is the lock on this side that means there's someone else here still... You found this key in the room right?" He says looking at William, but continues to try keys."If that true it means we have two possibilities here. 1 something planted it there hoping we find it and open this door. 2 the key was a fluke and there's someone or thing behind this door and someone isn't wanting to let out..."He continues to try the keys, testing his theory but being careful not to open the door.

"Obviously we're in the hands of some maniac or serial killer. I've worked with these types before, at the mental institute. They sometimes like to play games with their prey."

Knowledge psychology, to discover possible captor's reasoning type.
[roll0]
[roll1]

RandomWombat
2013-07-14, 10:26 PM
Johnathan: You try the key William gave you earlier, and it fits! Careful not to let the chains fall from the door, you confirm the key can open the lock.

After some consideration, you put together the clues from the notes. It seems like whoever left them believes there are bad things drawn to light, and has been using the abandoned hotel as a makeshift fort. Rather than a killer's game, this feels more like a misguided attempt to 'save' you from these imagined horrors.

bryjhiro10
2013-07-15, 02:28 AM
Yeah the key was in my room. If the key works I think Elena should go first with the flashlight since she has the gun"

Ionbound
2013-07-15, 07:26 AM
"Alright, no problem. Pass me the light."

At0m1kSQ
2013-07-15, 11:16 AM
"Alright, here you go." John hands her the light and readies his knife and he follows in behind. Curious to look inside.

RandomWombat
2013-07-15, 01:32 PM
Elena: Once Johnathan drops the chains from the door, you open it and proceed.

Everyone: In the hallway before you are two restrooms, a men's and a women's, one one side. Beside the entrance to the stairwell is the elevator door, but the ground floor entrance to that has been boarded shut. Further down, the short hallway opens up into a lobby. There is a front desk here, with a bell, a phone, a guestbook, and a desk lamp with no bulb. Behind the desk is a chair for the clerk to sit at, and a shelf with numerous cubicals holding the keys to the various rooms. The cubicals are numbered 1 through 38. Also in the lobby are a few wooden benches for waiting around, and some decorative plastic plants. Opposite the front desk is a set of glass double doors leading outside.

Ionbound
2013-07-15, 02:01 PM
Elena looks outside for any clues as to what happened.

[roll0]
[roll1]

At0m1kSQ
2013-07-15, 02:25 PM
John heads over to the wall cubicles and looks over them, inspecting 26-29 first (the numbers of our rooms)."Could you shine that light over here? I think there might be something in these." He keeps an arms length away until he can get some light to look into them.

Notice
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Do i still have the two bulbs?

RandomWombat
2013-07-15, 04:57 PM
Elena: You slip on a bit of wet floor that you missed while looking elsewhere and drop the flashlight.
Rolling d100 to see if the flashlight breaks.
1-40: The flashlight breaks.
41-60: The battery pops out, meaning you have to find them both in the dark.
61-100: The flashlight is fine and you can easily find it.
[roll0]

Johnathan: The light of the flashlight goes crazy as Elena slips, but even in the dark you can tell the four cubicles 26 through 29 are empty.

At0m1kSQ
2013-07-15, 05:34 PM
"Elena are you okay?" Locke turns around, with some worry in his voice to check on Elena.

Ionbound
2013-07-15, 06:08 PM
"Yeah, I'm fine. Patch of wet floor is all. Light's still good too."

Let's try that again, shall we?
[roll0]
[roll1]

RandomWombat
2013-07-15, 06:22 PM
Elena: The lights in the parking lot are out too, and you can barely make anything out in the dark, but you can tell there are cars out there. Whoever did all this was pretty thorough in his removal of light sources, in any case. Even if you use the flashlight, it doesn't reach far enough into the parking lot to tell you much. There are some dim streetlights going, but they don't do much.

Johnathan: You see out the glass doors as well as you go over to help Elena. The exit must not be on the side of the building you saw the corner store across from, because there are no lights across the street.

Ionbound
2013-07-15, 07:18 PM
Elena grins at seeing abandoned cars and says, "So then. Who wants to jack a car?"

At0m1kSQ
2013-07-15, 09:21 PM
"Well seeing as how this either feels like a page out of The Langoliers half of me wants to say yes. But the sane half says its a bad idea. Regardless there's a corner store on the other side of this block. Wanna see if there's anyone where who knows whats going on? Or maybe there's something we could use there." Turning to William, "You've been rather quiet this whole ordeal, any input?"

bryjhiro10
2013-07-16, 02:04 AM
"Sorry just trying to figure this out." William says looking around. "The corner shop does seem like a choice" He turns to Elena, "You definitely know how to use that?" he says hinting at the gun.

Ionbound
2013-07-16, 11:05 AM
"Yup. I'm from Alabama, though you wouldn't guess it from my accent. Learning how to use a gun there really isn't a matter of choice. As for the corner shop, I'd feel safer if we went in a large metal box on wheels."

At0m1kSQ
2013-07-16, 12:03 PM
"Alright then lead the way. If the doors looked just use the key, never know when we could use a few inches of plexiglass for protection..."

Ionbound
2013-07-16, 12:46 PM
Elena takes the keys from Johnathan and tries to open the glass doors. If this fails, she mutters, "Here goes nothing," and attempt to smash a glass panel with her gun to make an opening to step through

Strength check to smash glass if necessary [roll0]
[roll1]

RandomWombat
2013-07-16, 01:21 PM
Elena: The key does not work, but the doors are not locked.

Ionbound
2013-07-16, 05:43 PM
"Well, lucky us. Open exterior doors." After she says this, Elena looks around the lot for cars to "requisition"

Notice Check
[roll0]
[roll1]

At0m1kSQ
2013-07-16, 07:03 PM
John steps outside to help the search.

[roll0]
[roll1]

As he steps outside he breathes deep trying to enjoy the fresh air.

bryjhiro10
2013-07-17, 03:00 AM
notice roll

[roll0]
[roll1]

RandomWombat
2013-07-17, 03:16 AM
Elena&William: There are about three average mid-sized cars of various kinds scattered around the parking lot. One is yellow and black, one dark green, and one white. There is also a motorcycle chained to a parking lot lamppost- from which the light has been taken. The chain has a simple lock not unlike the one from the door, but the bike would only fit two people comfortably.

Breaking into a car would be a Repair check at a penalty (due to lack of tools), unless you come up with a creative solution. The lock on the bike is a Lockpicking check, likewise at penalty (and I believe untrained for all of you) unless you come up with a creative solution.

Johnathan: You see everything the others did. You also note someone in a dark blue track hoodie kneeling near one of the streetlights. From the body shape, it looks to be a woman. She does not appear to have noticed your group.

At0m1kSQ
2013-07-17, 04:16 AM
Locke whispers to the group "... guys don't freak out, but there's someone else here. It looks like there's a woman kneeling by the street light... I don't think she sees us" Locke behind to make his way towards something to hide under

Stealth
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Ionbound
2013-07-17, 07:14 AM
Elena whispers, "Really? Maybe she can tell us what's going on."

Stealth, untrained. I'll roll a card for now until someone tell me how to deal with that.
[roll0]

At0m1kSQ
2013-07-17, 07:31 PM
"i dont think so, Ive got a bad feeling about her...."

bryjhiro10
2013-07-18, 03:05 AM
"Considering the state of the place and our situation I say leave her alone for now. Lets just quietly go check out this store. They may have maps of the area or at least supplies."

Ionbound
2013-07-18, 07:55 AM
"Alright. Back to carjacking it is." Elena then moves over to the dark green car and attempts to enter.

Rolling Repair to break in.
[roll0]
[roll1]

RandomWombat
2013-07-18, 12:38 PM
Elena: Messing around with the door makes some noise, but thankfully there is no alarm. The woman at the streetlight looks over your way. Thankfully, yourself and Johnathan are hidden well enough in the dark that you avoid detection.

William: Stealth check to see if she spots you.

bryjhiro10
2013-07-18, 12:42 PM
I believe you said it a 1d4 for untrained so...

[roll0]
[roll1]

RandomWombat
2013-07-18, 01:33 PM
The woman does not notice William in the dark and faces the streetlight once more.

bryjhiro10
2013-07-18, 01:42 PM
"Could I take the flashlight and check out in here," William says quietly as he heads over to the others.

"I would ask for the gun as well but you might need it the way she's going," hinting at Elena

Ionbound
2013-07-18, 03:23 PM
Elena mutters to herself, "Balls to it," then attempts to smash the window with the long side of her gun, using the iron sights as a point of impact

Strength, I guess?
[roll0]
[roll1]

Stealth to avoid making too much noise
[roll2]
[roll3]

RandomWombat
2013-07-18, 03:46 PM
Elena: You rear back and brutally smashes the window with the handgun. The breaking and scattering glass startles the woman at the streetlight and she jumps up with a start, looking to the green car. The light from your flashlight is shining up, right into your face, and illuminating it.

Everyone: The woman starts walking towards Elena, reaching out with one arm. The strange woman's stride is shaky and uncertain, her other arm grasping her side as though she were in pain. You can't see her facial expression in the dark, but the blue irises of her eyes seem unnaturally bright. She stops after shambling about twenty feet and cringes, holding herself with both arms and shivering.

At0m1kSQ
2013-07-18, 03:53 PM
"STOP" Locke shouts at the woman. "We're armed!"

Notice check: Can I discern anything about her?
[roll0]
[roll1]

Aces?
[roll2]
[roll3]

bryjhiro10
2013-07-18, 05:22 PM
"Elena get that gun ready. Don't point it but make sure if we need to its ready to use." William turns to the woman. "Are you alright?!"

Ionbound
2013-07-18, 06:54 PM
Elena mutters, "I'm going to regret this, aren't I," then moves towards the woman saying calmly, "It's okay. I'm just going to see if you're injured and if I can help"

At0m1kSQ
2013-07-18, 07:17 PM
"... Oh great... Mam stay there, I'm a trained medical expert, if you need aid I can help you. But you must remain calm" Elena could you hand me the flashlight?

Ionbound
2013-07-18, 07:23 PM
"I don't have the blasted flashlight, I think William had it last."

At0m1kSQ
2013-07-18, 08:13 PM
"Did you check your left hand?" Locke says sarcastically.

Ionbound
2013-07-18, 08:53 PM
Elena looks at her left hand sarcastically, and to her total shock and surprise she's holding the flashlight. As she hands it to Johnathan she says, "Ehehehe, my bad."

At0m1kSQ
2013-07-18, 09:24 PM
Keeping a good distance Locke shines the flashlight on the ground and raises it up to the woman's chest to see if she's clutching a wound, then to her face.

notice
[roll0]
[roll1]

Aces
[roll2]
[roll3]

RandomWombat
2013-07-18, 09:51 PM
Johnathan: As you shine the flashlight on the woman, she begins to move staggeringly forward again. There don't seem to be any wounds, at least that you can see through her track hoodie. When the light shines in the woman's face you only briefly see that her face appears withered and wrinkled, and the dark blonde bangs hanging down over her forehead have bits of grey in them. The woman suddenly lunges towards the flashlight, trying to grab you.

This is a surprise round. The woman gets no bonuses since she is not undetected, but you will not roll initiative yet. I'll let you know when to do so.
Fighting to grapple Johnathan: [roll0]
The woman is not a wild card, and gets no wild die.
If the Fighting check beats Johnathan's Parry of 2, he must make a Strength check to shake her off. Otherwise, he avoids the grab.
Opposed Strength: [roll1]

Johnathan: The woman grabs ahold of your arm, her hand pale and cold. You feel a shiver run down your spine at her touch, but it isn't you she's focused on. You manage to shake her off and pull away as she grabs desperately at the flashlight with her other hand.

Everyone: Roll Agility for initiative. No Wild Die on this, just flat Agility, but it can still ace.

At0m1kSQ
2013-07-19, 12:01 PM
After breaking away from the woman John steps away from the woman turning off the flashlight. He readies his knife to fend her off should she come closer. "I think shes trying to go after the light, remember that note? Quick turn on the headlights on the car, see if she goes for them."

Ionbound
2013-07-19, 01:43 PM
"As good a plan as any." Elena then slips into the car via the now open window and says, "Hold on, it'll take me a minute to hotwire it"

Repair check to hotwire
[roll0]
[roll1]

RandomWombat
2013-07-19, 04:07 PM
Johnathan: The woman grabs at you again as you try to move away. You wave your flashlight to distract her, but it only seems to agitate her more, and she just barely has a chance to snag you.

Fighting: [roll0]
Opposed Strength if hit: [roll1]

RandomWombat
2013-07-19, 04:08 PM
Damn you, forum dice roller.
Fighting [roll0]
Strength [roll1]

Johnathan: The woman's pale grip clamps down on your arm again, forcing you to struggle against her.

bryjhiro10
2013-07-20, 02:19 AM
Think I understand it.

[roll0] (Fighting roll to pull her off)

[roll1] (Fighting roll to keep hold of her)

I was assuming a second roll would be needed to keep hold of her.

William goes to pull her off John and restrain her. "Hang on John."

RandomWombat
2013-07-20, 11:23 AM
It would be Strength to keep hold of her, but you have d6 Strength anyways.

William: She is focused on Johnathan's flashlight as it waves around, and you manage to grab a hold of her from behind. The woman struggles against your grip.

Strength to resist: [roll0]

William: Because she was already focused on her previous target, you are able to pull her away for now. However, it will be more difficult to keep a hold of her in the future.

Elena: Thanks to your experience with much more complicated machinery, you easily speed through the process. The car will be yours' soon.

Johnathan: William has grabbed the crazed, possibly sickly woman off of you. Hopefully he can keep a hold of her while you make a break for it.

It is now the woman's turn, and she will struggle against William (opposed Strength).

I rolled in a die roller to avoid double posting and she got a 4.

bryjhiro10
2013-07-21, 02:38 AM
"Hurry up and do what your gonna do, I don't know how long I can hold her." William is physically struggling to hold onto her as she is thrashing around.

Roll for Strengh

[roll0]

Ionbound
2013-07-21, 08:37 AM
As she's working Elena shouts, "You want to try then? Because believe me, I'm only going this fast because I've worked on much bigger stuff!"

RandomWombat
2013-07-21, 09:06 AM
William: Even though she struggles with all her might, you manage to keep a grip on the woman. You hold her arms so she can't grab at Johnathan as he retreats.

Johnathan: Thanks to William, the woman is no longer grabbing at you. You are now free to retreat.

It is the players' turn again.

bryjhiro10
2013-07-21, 11:23 AM
William looks around for anything they could use to restrain her.

Not sure whether it investigation or notice roll but luckily they both d8 except investigation gets a +2

[roll0]

wild card(if i get it)
[roll1]

If he sees something then he'll draw Johnathan's attention to it.

RandomWombat
2013-07-21, 11:58 AM
William: One of the cars is plugged in to a power outlet on a post. The extension cord could be used to restrain her.

bryjhiro10
2013-07-21, 12:15 PM
"Johnathan there's an extension cord over there, lets restrain her before she breaks loose." William tries to draw Johnathan's attention to the cable without losing his grip on the woman.

"Elena, hows it going with the car?!"

Ionbound
2013-07-21, 05:36 PM
There's a bzzt sound and a blue flash as Elena shouts, "Almost there!"

At0m1kSQ
2013-07-21, 08:23 PM
John makes his way to the cables picking them up, replacing the flashlight and then tries to tie the woman up.

Not sure how many of these I can do in one turn, what do I roll for tying someone up?

RandomWombat
2013-07-21, 10:31 PM
Johnathan: You will be able to try tying the woman up next turn.

Elena: The engine starts up and the dashboard lights come on. You have successfully hotwired the car.

It is now the woman's turn.

William: The woman continues to struggle against you, trying to move towards the flashlight.
Strength: [roll0]
Remember, you have an extra wild die of d6 on almost everything but initiative and the joker roll. Joker roll currently at 11. She just doesn't get them because she's an extra.

Ionbound
2013-07-22, 08:35 AM
"Alright, turn off the light and let her go! I have a plan!" Elena shouts as she rests her foot on the gas pedal and puts the headlights on maximum setting

bryjhiro10
2013-07-22, 08:58 AM
"This better work!"William shouts.

Once Johnathan has turned the light off William will let go and move as far away as he can.

At0m1kSQ
2013-07-22, 09:28 AM
John makes his way to William and the woman and tries his best to bound her at the chest.

Untrained?
[roll0]

RandomWombat
2013-07-22, 10:31 AM
Elena: The maximum brightness headlights turn on. The woman's attention instantly turns to them. Once William releases her, she turns her attention towards the car.

Johnathan: But then you grab her and start working with the extension cord. It's difficult with her struggling.

Your Fighting succeeded even untrained, opposed Strength now. Remember to roll for Jokers everyone, even if you have no action this turn, or I'll assume it failed from now on.
Strength: [roll0]

Ionbound
2013-07-22, 12:30 PM
Elena shouts, "Johnathan, if you let her go, she's going to sit right in front of this car!"

Elena readies an action to floor the gas pedal as soon as the woman is in front of the car.

At0m1kSQ
2013-07-22, 03:31 PM
"Wills got to let her go I've just got her tied at the chest. Call her attention while I block the light."

John makes his way to the flashlight and tuns it off when he has the opening.

RandomWombat
2013-07-22, 03:54 PM
Johnathan: William let her go and you're already in a grapple with her.

At0m1kSQ
2013-07-22, 11:26 PM
John lets go of the woman, hoping she turns towards the car headlights.

RandomWombat
2013-07-23, 11:12 AM
Everyone: And she does, running in front of the car and kneeling down as she was under the streetlamp. Elena and William can see her face better now. The woman is wrinkled despite her otherwise youthful appearance, and her hair is beginning to grey. In fact, her skin looks strangely colorless as well. It's more apparent in the bright light.

Ionbound
2013-07-23, 12:44 PM
Elena whispers, "Please forgive me," and pushed down the gas pedal.

Are there even rules for this?

RandomWombat
2013-07-23, 01:04 PM
I can't find any, so I'm gonna go ahead and use the stats for getting hit with a cannonball.

Elena: The car lurches forward and the woman barely even reacts as it slams into her.

Damage: [roll0]
Contingency Aces:
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
Edit: Forgot to separate. Using the first three contingency rolls for the damage instead, making it 16.
She super dead.

Everyone: The woman slams against the front of the car, and is dragged under one of the wheels since she was in front of the headlights. She now has an appearance resembling roadkill.
While you all recover from the shock of the situation, the three of you feel a growing chill in the air.

Notice checks.

At0m1kSQ
2013-07-23, 04:50 PM
"Holy... Is is she dead?... I didnt mean to for you to kill her, Just distract her with the light is all... S**t"

RandomWombat
2013-07-23, 06:34 PM
Everyone: The cold air seems to be coming from the direction of the street. When you turn to look, you see at least ten more people illuminated by the dim streetlights walking towards the parking lot from across the street. Their bright blue eyes are fixated on the flashlight on the ground, and on the headlights of Elena's car. Among them are both men and women, most in casual clothing and some in night clothes. They have the same shambling gait and uncontrollable shivering as the woman before them.

Johnathan: It's difficult to make out in the dim light, since it goes down rather than up, but you make out a pair of blue eyes above one of the lights across the street. As if one of those people was... perched on top? How one would get up there is anyone's guess. Even more worrying, they aren't looking at the lights. In fact, you could swear they're meeting your own gaze.

It is the players' turn again.

Ionbound
2013-07-23, 07:19 PM
Elena's eyes widen as she turns off the lights and says, "Guys. Get in the ******* car. Right now."

At0m1kSQ
2013-07-23, 07:23 PM
John hops into the car's passenger seat as quick as he can.

bryjhiro10
2013-07-24, 02:39 AM
"You don't have to tell me twice," William says as he jumps in the backseat. "Can't believe you killed her"

Ionbound
2013-07-24, 07:30 AM
Elena replies to William, "Obviously you've never seen "Night of the Living Dead". These people are obviously zombies. Killing them is a favor to who they once were." She then turns the car and says, "To the cornerstore, right?"

Drive check in case it's necessary
[roll0]
[roll1]
Wild
[roll2]
[roll3]

At0m1kSQ
2013-07-24, 11:35 AM
"Regardless I think we've got bigger problems. I swear I saw one of them sitting ontop of that street light, and it was watching me I know it. Maybe they aren't as mindless as the woman's actions might imply."

RandomWombat
2013-07-24, 11:46 AM
Everyone: Thankfully, without the headlights on the shamblers go straight for the flashlight and ignore all of you. The downside is that driving at night in near pitch-black with no headlights is pretty difficult.

Elena: You're able to manage well enough for general driving, but where are you going? The little path leading from the parking lot to the street is crowded by the shamblers, so unless you're going through them you'll need to go off-road. One side is blocked by the hotel, and the other two have curbs to get over that might damage the car.

Ionbound
2013-07-24, 03:19 PM
Elena mutters, "To hell with it," then pull as far away from the entrance to the path blocked by shamblers, accelerates, and tries to slam through the mass.

RandomWombat
2013-07-24, 04:00 PM
The car slams through three of the people in the way.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]

Two of the men are crushed under the car, but one of the women is only knocked aside. The crowd of shamblers seems confused. As the car passes through the crowd, you all feel an intense chill. The windows of the car begin to gather a layer of frost.

Everyone: Something lands heavily on top of the car as it reaches the street, slightly denting the roof above William's head.

Ionbound
2013-07-24, 07:26 PM
Elena grits her teeth and keeps her foot on the gas pedal.

At0m1kSQ
2013-07-24, 07:39 PM
John buckles in and prepares for Elena to stomp the breaks.

RandomWombat
2013-07-24, 10:07 PM
Everyone: The car speeds down the street towards the intersection north of the hotel. The shamblers do not follow, too preoccupied with the flashlight in the parking lot. Gradually as you move away from the crowd, the chill fades and the frost on the windows begins to melt away. However...

Elena: A pale white hand with long, untrimmed nails reaches in through the broken driver's side window. It grasps around inside the car, attempting to grab you.

Fighting to initiate grapple, penalty for being unable to see: [roll0] (needs to beat 2 to hit)
Opposed Strength if hit: [roll1]
A Driving check will also be needed if successfully grappled, to avoid losing control.

The hand grabs you by the hair and starts pulling.

Ionbound
2013-07-25, 01:37 PM
"Gah! Get off my head, zombie!" Elena smashes the hand with the butt of the gun while trying to keep the car under control

Driving:
[roll0]
[roll1]
Wild
[roll2]
[roll3]

What do I need to roll to smash the hand?

RandomWombat
2013-07-25, 02:55 PM
Elena: You try to even out the car as the hand yanks on your hair, but overcompensate and swerve towards the side of the road. The car bumps up over the curb between the road and the grass along the side of the hotel.
[roll0]
1-20 the car gets stuck at an angle on the curb where its wheels don't touch the ground.
21-60 the car sustains some damage along the bottom as it scrapes on the curb, and starts leaking fuel.
61-90 the car ramps right over the curb onto the grass and continues going straight towards the side wall of the hotel.
91-100 the car doesn't actually go over, and is stopped by the curb. If this happens, everyone (including the creature) will need to make an Agility check not to be thrown forward by the sudden stop. Except Johnathan, because he buckled in.

Everyone: The bump slows the car enough there is no worry of crashing into the wall, but now it is leaking fuel. It is now the players' turn.

Elena: Another Strength check to break free.

At0m1kSQ
2013-07-25, 04:11 PM
Johnathan tries to stab into the ceiling hoping to hit the creature above.

Fighting (untrained)
[roll0]
[roll1]
Wild*
[roll2]
[roll3]

Ionbound
2013-07-25, 04:13 PM
"Pass me the damn knife so I can stab this bastard in the hand!"

More dump rolls, yay!
[roll0]
[roll1]
Wild
[roll2]
[roll3]
Screw you too, RNG.

RandomWombat
2013-07-25, 04:56 PM
Elena: You break free of the hand's grasp, but doing so uses up your turn.

At0m1kSQ
2013-07-25, 05:24 PM
Jack hands the knife to Elena

bryjhiro10
2013-07-26, 08:45 AM
William, snapping to his senses after the bump, hangs out the window attempting to pull the person off the roof.

I think it would be agility for hanging out window

[roll0]

wild

[roll1]

I imagine it would be strength to grab and throw but fighting also d6 so it doesn't matter. I'll roll twice one for the grab and second for pull.

[roll2]
[roll3]

wild

[roll4]
[roll5]

--EDIT-- I think I did it on wild

RandomWombat
2013-07-26, 11:59 AM
Everyone: William rolls down his passenger window and climbs half out.

William: On top of the car is a nearly human figure. Its humanoid form is covered in pale skin, visible in the light of the streetlight as they pass by onto the grass. It would be human if not for the glowing blue eyes glaring at you and the fangs bared in its mouth. Wrapped around its body is some sort of white and grey half-cloak, but it stops before the arms. A ragged mane of pale white hair falls about its head.

You grab it by the arm braced against the car, and pull with all your might. With the arm stabilizing it pulled out from under it, it easily topples over and you fling it off the car onto the grass. It is dragged along the ground by William as the car slowly moves forward.

Everyone: The 'cloak' unfurls, revealing itself to actually be a pair of large white moth wings with a mottled grey pattern scattered across the surface. The creature is otherwise wearing only a pair of blue jeans.

It is the mothman's turn now, and it flies up off the ground, though still being dragged through the air by William. It attempts to remove its arm from William's grip.

William now makes an opposed Strength check to maintain the hold, if he chooses to do so.
[roll0]

Ionbound
2013-07-26, 12:42 PM
"JESUS CHRIST!" Elena then smells gas and mutters, "Godammit, we busted a fuel line." She then asks, "Anyone got some duct tape?"

At0m1kSQ
2013-07-26, 12:57 PM
I'm sure the store has some. But right now we have bigger problems like. 'what the holy **** is that thing!?!?

Ionbound
2013-07-26, 01:01 PM
"I'm going to make a run for the store. Here's the knife back, try to keep that...thing distracted."

Stealth, yay!
[roll0]
[roll1]
Wild
[roll2]
[roll3]

I think I did untrained skill rolling right.

At0m1kSQ
2013-07-26, 02:27 PM
"Knife?! Just give me the gun or shoot the goddamn thing!"

John gets ready to attack the creature with his weapon when it comes in range.

Ionbound
2013-07-27, 05:09 PM
Elena has already run off and can't hear you.

At0m1kSQ
2013-07-27, 08:08 PM
"****! Alright Will take this, I think you can use it better." John hands William the knife and gets ready to gang up on the creature when it comes near.

bryjhiro10
2013-07-28, 01:53 AM
William takes the knife and gets it ready to use while approaching the creature

Strength roll

[roll0]

RandomWombat
2013-07-29, 04:38 PM
Elena: You start running towards the other side of the building, using the streetlights' positions to guide where you're going in the dark.

William: You pull the creature down by its arm, barely overpowering its attempts to escape your grip. While it's off guard, you stab it in the side the twist the switchblade in the wound, leaving a heavily bleeding gash. The creature shrieks in pain, and three other shrieks answer it in the distance.

Everyone: A shout comes from above, in one of the hotel windows, "Get back inside! You'll be swarmed out there!" None of you can see in the dark who is shouting. There are no lights on inside the room he's calling from. The voice is distinctly male, however.

The creature is still struggling to break free. Another Strength check from William when he's around.

At0m1kSQ
2013-07-29, 06:42 PM
John reacts to the call by looking around for a door to enter or someplace to take refuge.

Notice
[roll0]

"We need to get out of here, and get inside." John says to Will.

I think I still have one attack action, if I do I'm gonna try kicking the thing while its down. Rolling in OOC

bryjhiro10
2013-07-30, 03:06 AM
Strengh

[roll0]

wild
[roll1]

William looks around to see if he can see anything else coming

[roll2]

wild
[roll3]

"I think your right, what should we do about this?"William says referring to the creature.

RandomWombat
2013-07-30, 10:45 AM
William: The creature breaks out of your grip and flies away, landing on one of the streetlights. It lets out another shriek. When the answering shrieks come, you can tell one is from the parking lot, another is from the direction of the convenience store, and the last is somewhere off in the distance away from the hotel.

Ionbound
2013-07-30, 10:53 AM
Elena keeps running for the for the store, all pretense of stealth gone.

Full move action to the store. No more stealth checks.

RandomWombat
2013-07-30, 11:11 AM
Elena: You barrel around the corner, and see the light of the convenience store across the street, the door of which has been propped open with a chair. At this angle, you can see what couldn't be seen from the window above; it is full of shamblers, kneeling and basking in the light. Exiting the store as you approach the street is another mothman, who takes to the air and flies towards you. It lands on a streetlight on your side of the street and glares at you.

At0m1kSQ
2013-07-30, 12:05 PM
"Will, we need to get inside, there's an entrance nearby." John makes his way to the nearest entrance available.

bryjhiro10
2013-07-30, 12:52 PM
"Don't have to tell me twice."William runs for the same entrance as John.

"What about Elena?"

At0m1kSQ
2013-07-30, 01:51 PM
"She left us to deal with the mothman and took the only working weapon. She can fend for herself."

John is angry after being left to fight the creature with little to nothing for defense.

bryjhiro10
2013-07-31, 02:31 AM
"I'm sure she'll be ok and I'm sure whoever shouted to us knows shes out there too." William says as they get into the building. [COLOR="Blue"]"Lets go find him he'll know whats going on."[/COLOR

Ionbound
2013-07-31, 12:53 PM
Elena stops dead as soon as she sees the walkers and attempts to remain unseen

Come on, no Whammy and stop!
Stealth
[roll0]
[roll1]
Wild
[roll2]
[roll3]

RandomWombat
2013-07-31, 01:08 PM
Elena: You duck behind a decorative shrub and remain still. The creature narrows its eyes, looking around. Eventually it flies over you and around the building, towards the injured one. Unfortunately they're in the way of the safest route back inside; the alternative is climbing the fire escape and going in a window.

John&William: In the parking lot, you see a group of the shamblers fighting over the flashlight. A mothman overseeing them looks up as the two of you hurry to the door. The injured one behind you is also joined by two more, although they do not immediately pursue. Fortunately, you make it inside before any collaborative effort is made to chase you, but you aren't sure the glass doors will hold if they decide to try breaking in. The lobby is as you left it, but a man comes out from the hallway to the elevator and stairwell. His features are difficult to make out in the dark, but he gestures for you to follow and goes back into the stairwell.

At0m1kSQ
2013-07-31, 02:10 PM
John looks for a way to close the hotel door behind him before following the strange man into the stairwell.

RandomWombat
2013-08-01, 12:05 PM
John: The doors can be locked from the inside, but it would need a key. The front desk is fortunately not built into the floor, and could be pushed against the doors to hold them shut, but it would take more than one person.

At0m1kSQ
2013-08-01, 01:41 PM
Will, help me with this desk, would you? I don't trust those doors. John begins to budge the desk to get an early start on Will.

RandomWombat
2013-08-01, 07:49 PM
John: Even under stress (or perhaps thanks to the stress), you summon up reserves of strength you didn't think you had. Bracing your feet against the floor and pushing with all your might, you slowly begin to move the desk along on your own. It makes an awful scraping sound and makes marks the floor, but you manage to get it to where it blocks the double doors from opening.

The glass windows might still break, but anything coming in that way will take time, noise, and effort. Not to mention having to climb through broken glass.

At0m1kSQ
2013-08-01, 08:49 PM
"Phew" John says trying to catch his breath. "Well that was fun. Come on we're burning day...lig... Do you have any idea how long we've been up? Or what time it is?" He says quizzically. "I wonder whats gonna happen to those creatures once the sun rises..."

Using DarkOrange now because Dark Green is almost the same as green (Which suddenly started appearing pale and unreadable on my new monitor)

Edit: This has been edited a few times because I cant find a color thats easy to see and doesn't burn my eyes.

bryjhiro10
2013-08-03, 03:46 AM
"Dunno, obviously night but being knocked out ruined my internal clock so I can't guess how late it is.

William looks around for some kind of clock or sign of what time it is.

"I think we should head after him," William starts to head to the stairwell.

At0m1kSQ
2013-08-03, 04:02 PM
John follows William into the stairwell. Glancing behind himself to the outside through the glass.

RandomWombat
2013-08-05, 07:42 PM
Elena: You are still hiding behind a decorative shrub behind the hotel.

John&William: When you enter the darkness of the stairwell, the man begins putting the padlock and chains back in place. "The girl still out there? They're going to be all over the parking lot soon, so she'll just have to find another way in." He locks the setup with his own key and sighs, "If she climbs the fire escape we'll need to open a window for her. This way." The mystery man begins walking up the stairwell to the second floor.

At0m1kSQ
2013-08-05, 10:28 PM
John follows the stranger up the stairs asking questions as they walk towards the second story "Hey wow, can you tell what exactly is going on? and what are those things? We might actually be able to help if we knew what we we're up against. My uhh... colleague here almost killed one of 6ft moth people."

Ionbound
2013-08-06, 11:24 AM
Elena mutters "Screw it," and runs for the fire escape, leaping at the end to go as high up the ladder as she can.

Agility
[roll0]
[roll1]
Wild
[roll2]
[roll3]

bryjhiro10
2013-08-06, 12:52 PM
"Yeah what the hell was that and what is going on with everyone?"

RandomWombat
2013-08-06, 01:01 PM
Elena: You jump up onto the ladder. The impact makes some noise, but the creatures have by now gone around the building towards the front, chasing after the others. The fire escape passes by windows on the second, third, and fourth floors. There is no roof access. The windows also seem to open only from the inside, unless pried open with proper tools.

John: The man takes something off of his belt and clicks it on, revealing itself to be one of those older, clunky flashlights. It doesn't do much, but the group doesn't have to feel its way up the stairs anymore. "My partner and I have no idea what's going on. We found you all on a supply run and brought you back, but we had to barricade the tunnel in the basement. The creatures spotted us and followed us back. Too bad, it was our best asset." He opens the door to the second floor hallway, where the lights are on. The doors are closed so the light isn't visible through any windows, and by the door at the end is another man. Both can now be clearly seen.

The man leading you has short, dirty blond hair and no facial hair. The second man has messy black hair and a bit of stubble. Both are wearing business attire, but are wearing only the black suit jackets and pants, having discarded the white undershirts. "All we know is the twitchy things like lights and bright colors. Ollie, the girl might need to come in through the window."

"Right man, got it," the second man turns off the lights in the hallway and enters the room at the end.

Elena: The window opens from the inside of the dark room after you see some movement. "Hey. In here, quick."

Ionbound
2013-08-07, 09:28 AM
Elena slides in and says, "Thanks. My name's Elena. What were those things? Zombies?"

RandomWombat
2013-08-07, 01:32 PM
Elena: "I don't think so. Or, not movie zombies, anyways. You don't need headshots. C'mon," the man leads you back into the second floor hallway.

With the door shut again, the hallway lights are turned back on. The three of you are gathered there, along with the other two. The black-haired man seems nervous, while the other is more confident. All the same, it is the nervous one who starts the conversation, "So, uh, I think introductions are in order. Name's Oliver Collins.

"And I am Kendall Singer. Once everyone is situated, I'll explain what we know," states the brighter haired man.

At0m1kSQ
2013-08-07, 02:19 PM
"Johnathan Locke, is everyone okay? I'm a medical professional if anyone is in need of help."

Assessing mental state of the two of them.
Knowlege psych
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Wild
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

Ionbound
2013-08-07, 07:36 PM
Elena asks, "Does anyone have any ammo? I'm a crack shot, but rather dry at the moment."

bryjhiro10
2013-08-11, 09:24 AM
"Names William, could you just let us know whats happening?"

RandomWombat
2013-08-11, 11:52 AM
John: Your analysis shows that Kendall, the stoic man, is in fact more shaken; he's just better at hiding it. You can see it in his expression that it's taking real effort to remain calm and under control. The other man just seems naturally absentminded and jumpy.

Elena: "Nope. Sorry. We couldn't find any ammo for that gun on our last run, and since then we've been barricading the basement."

Everyone: "According to my watch, it has been three days since this happened. It's impossible to tell time, because since this started the entire town has been in perpetual night. I don't know how, so don't bother asking. Trying to leave just makes you wander back in from some other direction," Kendall paces back and forth down the hall as he explains, "We don't know how the people out there ended up how they are, but they seem to be looking for sources of light. Around the largest groups of them, you find those... mothmen."

Oliver cuts in to add, "I think the moths are shepherding them together. It's not that you don't see them without a big group, it's that you don't see big groups without them."

"In any case, that's all we know. And we've got bigger problems to deal with. When we found you three unconscious in the street and dragged you back here, some of the mothmen followed us. There was a tunnel between the basement here and the cellar of one of the houses nearby. We were using it for supply runs, but now we had to barricade it to keep them out. And now this place has their attention. We're going to get out of here soon, or we'll be boxed in." Kendall turns to face all of you. His stoic expression is visible worried, now. "Any ideas?"

bryjhiro10
2013-08-11, 02:23 PM
William thinks for a moment about why he was there in the first place.

"The Hospital. How far is the hospital from here? Would it make a good place to hideout."

He looks at John "Maybe the guy who called us here knows something."

Ionbound
2013-08-11, 05:48 PM
"Great. Just ******* great. I'm the one person with a gun in the ******* zombie apocalypse, and I don't have ANY ******* AMMO!" Elena sighs and calms down. "I just hate feeling useless. I never got into any fights as a kid, never really learned how to throw a punch. I guess I can drive and pick locks, but how useful are those against zombies?"

At0m1kSQ
2013-08-11, 10:50 PM
"Eh never know, if what you guys say is true we can just get a fast car and drive down a street at 100 miles per hour, stick a light on the road, and just run them down as we drive and get teleported to another street." He chuckles at his own joke to lighten the mood.

RandomWombat
2013-08-14, 12:49 PM
William thinks for a moment about why he was there in the first place.

"The Hospital. How far is the hospital from here? Would it make a good place to hideout."

He looks at John "Maybe the guy who called us here knows something."

"It has several entrances. That could be good or bad depending on how things work out. Plus, we might need to clear it out. But, if we get it, we'll have food from the snack machines and access to medicinal supplies," Kendall leaned against the wall of the hallway and crossed his arms, tapping a finger on his elbow.

"Great. Just ******* great. I'm the one person with a gun in the ******* zombie apocalypse, and I don't have ANY ******* AMMO!" Elena sighs and calms down. "I just hate feeling useless. I never got into any fights as a kid, never really learned how to throw a punch. I guess I can drive and pick locks, but how useful are those against zombies?"

Oliver raises a hand, "Um, I have an old coat pistol, but only a couple bullets. My father was a collector. His house was looted pretty early after this all went down, but we could look there."

"Eh never know, if what you guys say is true we can just get a fast car and drive down a street at 100 miles per hour, stick a light on the road, and just run them down as we drive and get teleported to another street." He chuckles at his own joke to lighten the mood.

"That would clear out plenty of the shamblers, but every moth in the city would be all over us." Kendall pushed off the wall and returned to pacing, "Whatever we're doing, let's decide fast. While they're focused on the other ways in, we can get out using the fire escape."

At0m1kSQ
2013-08-14, 03:17 PM
"I say me make out way to your father's house and arm up. After that let's try and take the hospital."

RandomWombat
2013-08-15, 11:47 AM
"We'll definitely need weapons if we want to survive out there for any extended period of time. Ollie, can you go grab our remaining supplies? We'll need them wherever we're going."

Oliver gives a mock salute and leaves via the stairwell. Kendall examines all of you, "You mentioned someone at the hospital? If you have any information about what's going on, I'd appreciate sharing."

Ionbound
2013-08-15, 04:45 PM
"In the fire escape, out the fire escape. Let's go. I don't want to be anywhere near here when these things break through."

RandomWombat
2013-08-16, 07:53 AM
The group waits while Oliver brings back two backpacks full of supplies, which he and Kendall put on. Kendall nods and turns out the light, then opens the door into the room at the end of the hall.

Group: Who will go down the fire escape first?

Ionbound
2013-08-17, 03:15 PM
"I'll let the guys with the knife go down first. Like I said, I'm pretty useless in a melee"

At0m1kSQ
2013-08-17, 10:36 PM
Don't look at me I'm unarmed, and I'm worth a whole lot of nothing in a fight.

RandomWombat
2013-08-21, 10:25 AM
Everyone: William leads the group down the fire escape with his knife, reaching the ground first. The rest of you follow suit. Oliver and Kendall state that the hospital is past the convenience store, and Oliver's house is along the road to the left of the hotel entrance. If the group is going to the house to equip themselves, they'll need to avoid attracting attention from the moths in the parking lot.

Two minute map to illustrate what I mean. There are some other buildings in the blank areas that aren't marked as the soccer field, but nothing specifically important right now.

http://s18.postimg.org/kmgrt9lnd/map.jpg

At0m1kSQ
2013-08-21, 06:10 PM
"Alright Oliver you and William want to lead the way to your father's place?"

Ionbound
2013-08-21, 07:00 PM
"The people who know where they are going should take the lead, whoever they are," Elena says while looking around for another car to jack.

Notice [roll0]

RandomWombat
2013-08-21, 07:03 PM
"I know how to get there, but I can't see in the dark, yeah? I think we should take the scenic route and avoid the fuss by the parking lot."

"Or we could use the dark to our advantage and sneak straight there."

"I dunno, those moths have pretty sharp eyes..."

It seems one of you will need to make the final call about what tactics you're using to get there.

Elena: There are no parked cars along the street nearby. You know there are more in the parking lot, but, well, yeah.

At0m1kSQ
2013-08-22, 07:04 PM
"Whatever gets us away from those things is best for me. I say the scenic route"

Ionbound
2013-08-25, 11:29 AM
"I vote scenic route. Those moths don't mess around, and without a ranged weapon it's pretty suicidal to try to fight one."

RandomWombat
2013-08-25, 01:00 PM
Everyone: With a group consensus for taking the longer route and avoiding view of the parking lot completely, Oliver and Kendall lead the way. The street northeast of the hotel leads east, in the direction of the more residential area. Though it is difficult to see far in the dark, the periodically placed streetlights provide a sufficient guide, and the buildings they pass by seem to be mostly small businesses right now.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Everyone: Make Notice checks. Remember a d6 for the wild die.

Ionbound
2013-08-28, 12:00 PM
Elena looks around and whispers, "It sure is creepy out here"

[roll0]
[roll1]