PDA

View Full Version : Triple Threat II [IC]

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Sliver
2013-07-11, 09:55 AM
The bullman watches as Milo leaves and lets out an impatient snort. "Follow that man and leave the area, or we will have a different type of exchange." He says and tightens his hold over the greataxe, ready for battle.

Milo looks down the hall and sees a wooden door, about 40ft ahead. Notifying the others of his find, the minotaur doesn't seem to pleased that Milo isn't actually gone.

Archmage1
2013-07-11, 09:58 AM
Still peeking out from behind Airis, Eolande chirps up, somewhat nervously.
"You're not going to attack us, are you?"

Sliver
2013-07-11, 10:02 AM
"Not if you leave." The minotuar growls. "And not just this room, but the entire complex."

Archmage1
2013-07-11, 10:04 AM
Still looking nervous, Eolande tries to explain a bit.
"But... we can't do that. We need to find something before we can leave this world. Can you help us, and then we will leave? Maybe? And not try and hurt us?"
As she asks for help, Eolande seems to recover from her fear a bit.

If you want speech rolls, just ask

Sliver
2013-07-11, 10:05 AM
"I'll ask again, what are you looking for?" The minotaur seems quite impatient at this point.

Archmage1
2013-07-11, 10:08 AM
"Something called a Dream Crystal. Can you help us? Please?"

Sliver
2013-07-11, 10:13 AM
The minotaur straights up, clear look of surprise and confusion in his eyes. He shakes his head, recovering, before the axe in his hands changes to a hammer and he knocks on the walls, creating a large metalic bang.

"Master! Intruders in the complex! Aim to steal the source!"

Nothing.

The minotaur nods and turns back to you, the hammer sharpens itself back into an axe.

"Last chance, leave now."

Archmage1
2013-07-11, 10:27 AM
Quailing, Eolande tries to prevent trouble, and get the crystal.
"Why do you call it the source? I thought it was just a crystal in an abandoned building."

Sliver
2013-07-11, 10:38 AM
"It powers the facilities. Without it, the dream beasts can enter, no light in the halls, the food will rot in the basement... This place won't be habitable for long without it, which is why you can't take it."

Archmage1
2013-07-11, 10:40 AM
Eolande is now a bit confused.
"I thought it was willpower that made these bubbles. Couldn't you use that? Or just come with us, back to those that sent us, and just stay with them? Where does the food come from, anyway... I have not seen anywhere that it could be collected."

Sliver
2013-07-11, 10:47 AM
"The bubbles you seen on your way are created by dreamers." Falkore interjects as the minotaur is about to open his mouth, but seems a bit confused by something he cannot hear, yet stops him from speaking. "Ours is created through a special ritual, which is a bit complicated and wouldn't last so close to the center of the dream scape anyway. There was a reason for the existence of this dungeon in such a risky area, and the dream crystal was required to keep it safe. But as you have seen, the minotuar is wrong. Something about the mechanism that harvests the energy from the crystal went wrong, probably because this Master is no longer around. The halls are dark, the monsters, such as the lions you saw, are entering into the facility... It's only a matter of time. I doubt you will be able to continue on your way without interference from this minotaur..."

Archmage1
2013-07-11, 10:50 AM
"Falkore, you do have a point. Do you have an issue with the minotaur returning to the village? And Smith, he is right. There are dream creatures in the dungeon, and it is indeed dark here. What you believe is going to happen seems to be happening anyway."

Eolande seems a little more relaxed, now that the minotaur is not waving his weapon around quite as much.

Sliver
2013-07-11, 11:00 AM
There is a pause. From both.

"No... If you can convince him, he is welcome to join." Falkore says.

"He...?" The Minotaur looks confused, but shake his head again. "No, you are lying. The facility is running, Master keeps everything functional. Your attempts at deceit won't work on me!"

Archmage1
2013-07-11, 11:03 AM
"If the facility is running, there aren't any lions downstairs, and all the lights are on, right? Why not just come with us, and take a look? If I am lying, you should be able to see that, and if I am not, then perhaps you might change your mind about helping us. Everyone wins. But... Who is this master that you speak of?"

Gaining some confidence in the Minotaur's relative calm now, Eolande steps out from behind Airis, allowing him to get a good look at the beautiful half fey, even as she leaves her hands clearly visible, in an attempt to convey her lack of threat.

Sliver
2013-07-11, 11:09 AM
The Minotaur's eyes the fey as he considers his options. "Fine. If you are lying, your head is the first to come off." He decides. "Dream control override." He says the words and the weapon glows brightly as the room changes around you and you find yourselves instantly at the entrance hall. The lions leap up to their feet and growl at the minotaur.

"WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS?!" He roars at the lions and points his axe at them. The glow of the axe intensifies once more and the lions seem to calm down once again.

Turning back to Eolande, the Minotaur bows. "I apologize for my behavior. This was not... I did not expect it... I can see now... This axe is made of the same essence as the dream crystal and it must have created a personal dream around me, blinding me to the chances that happened around me..."

Archmage1
2013-07-11, 11:15 AM
As the Minotaur threatens to remove her head, Eolande looks scared once more, as she rather likes her head where it is. She starts to say something as he teleports, but as they are shifted, she loses her words, and remains silent.

However, as the minotaur roars, she quails, and once more hides behind Airis, not wanting to be hit by the angry minotaur.

After she has a moment or two to calm down, she pokes her head out once more.
"It's ok, no one was hurt or anything like that. Will you help us now? I think that your axe might be a very useful tool for retrieving the crystal."

Sliver
2013-07-11, 11:23 AM
The Minotaur nods. "I guess the crystal will be of no use around here. What is the reason you are looking for it?" He says as he focuses on his his weapon once more, but nothing happens.

"It is odd... The crystal is probably protected... I cannot call it to me... I would teleport us as close as I can, but that would deplete the weapon of it's powers for the day, and I have a feeling we might need those later on." He motions at the stairs up. "Unless you would want to start rummaging through the other rooms in the facility, we should head back up."

Archmage1
2013-07-11, 11:29 AM
As the minotaur agrees to help, Eolande smiles broadly, becoming a bit more cheerful.
"Thank you! As for the crystal, well, we were asked to find it, in exchange for transport. I think they were planning on using it to shore up their bubble."

"I don't think we want to go through the other rooms, since there are probably more of those horrible tentacle monster things there, and I really don't want to meet another one of those. Can you lead the way?"

As he reminds her of the tentacly horror they encountered earlier, Eolande shudders, clearly not wanting to be reminded of such things again.

If he starts heading out, Eolande will once more speak, introducing the others.
"I am Eolande, and this is Airis, and the sneaky halfling is Milo, the nice one is Opee. The old human is Gaston, the young one is called Octopus, and finally, we have Kalti. Last but not least, we have Jinn, this lovely parrot, who has deigned to grace my shoulder for now."
As she introduces and flatters Jinn, she reaches up and scratches him once more.

dantiesilva
2013-07-12, 12:30 AM
As everyone seems to vanish on Milo leaving him all alone he looks at the door in front of him. Well lets see whats behind door number one. Miloe says searching for traps before entering.

Search [roll0]

Listen [roll1]

Sliver
2013-07-14, 03:02 AM
Milo opens the door and finds a room with four bunk beds, each with two footlockers by their side. At the far end of the room is a single chair in front of a simple wooden table. There is a small, half-melted candle and a spilled ink vial on the table, but the sheet of paper seems to have been spared.

dantiesilva
2013-07-14, 08:35 PM
As Alex enters the room he immediately looks around to see if anyone is inside, and once happy enough he begins searching the room as quietly as he can.

Taking 10 on everything

Sliver
2013-07-15, 01:52 AM
The room seems safe and empty. The footlockers seem to contain little in them besides some spare clothing. Milo finds it odd that there aren't any pouches of savings or anything of value, until he realizes it doesn't mean anything in the Dreamscape. Then he approaches the table and with the light of the sunrod, reads the letter.

Master read the journal today. And to think it was me who found it, but Dox got all the credit. Either he comes clean, or I will make sure he finds Talli, my blade, in his chest.

Our main concern is the meaning behind the journal. Ufil thinks that it's just that, but Tim is convinced there is something more. A quick read reveals nothing special about the journal, but perhaps he's right anyway.

Like all the others, I went that morning down to the kitchens. Victor and Edgar the Minotaur were already there, discussing the next batch of weapons they will be making.

Edgar said that he found some of that dream crystal and going to make a weapon out of it. Effectively, it means the weapon could travel from out of the realm and can be reshaped. This also means that the weapon might have some power over the keep, but Master is not worried over Edgar having such power. After all, he is quite trusted around here, or Talli wouldn't be in his shop right now.

Right now, things seem to be stirring. As a meeting was called with Victor, Edgar left to his workshop duties. Never seen the place so active.

Can't think of much else to write, but the message needs to be understood. Over the head, it must not pass. Victor is getting worried, and I understand why. Either we get the heck out of here now, or...

The rest of the group arrives to the floor and sees the light coming from the room ahead.

AlanBruce
2013-07-15, 02:05 AM
Gaston arrived to the room, thankful there was no need to fend off against a minotaur. And with such a big weapon.

He catches Milo's eyes darting across a ledger, sunrod in hand.

"What are you reading, Milo? Mind if I get a peek into this text?"

Gaston rubs his chin as he reads the letter a second time.

"Unless there are other taurians in this place, our friend Edgar would be the only one here. And if the letter is accurate, it could transfer dreamstuff into the Real World and reshape it. The consequences could vary depending on who has access to this material."

Gaston turns to Edgar.

"Fine smith, do you mind shedding light on who Victor and Dox are?"

Sliver
2013-07-15, 02:46 AM
Edgar takes the letter and reads it over too. "Victor was our resident... Arcane researcher. He was helping Master control the defenses and the power output of the dream crystal. Dox was a scavenger, shady type... I think that Latis had written this, but Nareen, his partner, isn't mentioned either. But it's weird... Most of what is written here is complete nonsense. Master brought the journal, nobody... Found it. And the journal was obviously special, from the start. It was glowing like the dream crystal, but not made of the essence. Brought in from the material plane, but wasn't merely a copy..."

AlanBruce
2013-07-15, 04:48 AM
Gaston listens to Edgar's explanations with much interest.

"Milo, do you mind if I take a look at this ledger?"

Gaston looks at the old book and passes his hand over it as he calls on the powers of Obad Hai to grant him clarity. If any taint of magic is contained within, hopefully it will be gleaned.

Detect Magic

Noticing nothing unusual, he turns to Edgar.

"You mentioned a Master and Victor...who are they? Victor as an arcane researcher..a wizard? But what about this Master you mentioned... is he still here?"

Sliver
2013-07-15, 05:00 AM
"Victor never really cared for explaining his full powers, nor anyone but the Master seen him use them. He might not have any and was just a scholar..." Edgar shrugged. "As for Master... He was just that, the Master. He controlled the facility through the dream crystal and his own powers. He kept us happy and we served him, although the purpose behind this location and his scavenging of the Dreamscape was never known to us. We didn't question him... I don't know if he is still around. The Dream weapon seems to have clouded my mind and I was living in a different... Reality."

Archmage1
2013-07-15, 07:40 AM
Eolande, having followed the others back up the stairs, back to Milo, still sticking closely to Airis, and keeping a wary eye out for tentacle monsters, speaks up at the end of the exchange.

"Edgar... Do you mind if I call you Edgar? Can you lead us to where the crystal was held last you knew? I... I don't want to stay here for long, if I can avoid it."

Sliver
2013-07-15, 07:45 AM
Edgar nods. "It is fine by me, Lady Eolande. As long as you don't call me That Damn Cow... Dox was annoying like that. I wonder what happened to the basta- Right, I'm trailing off." He said and moved out of the room and pointed to the stairs going further up. "This is the way. This hall here" he points to the colored tiles hallway "is basically a trap. Once you get halfway inside, it's effects will tire you out and disorient you, and when you head back you find that the entrance is blocked with a newly formed wall of iron. Victor planned it that way... The other hallway leads up to the training room."

And with that, he heads up the stairs.

Archmage1
2013-07-15, 07:47 AM
Relaxing a little around Edgar now, since he seems to be reasonable, Eolande carefully follows behind Airis as they move up the stairs.
"Thank you, Edgar. Although... why anyone would call you a cow... I don't know. Cows have 4 legs, and udders. Those are cows, right? Anyway, you don't look anything like one."

Sliver
2013-07-15, 07:49 AM
"People don't care for reality when trying to be insulting or annoying. They decide it's close enough and go with it." Edgar said offhandedly, as if describing the obvious to a child.

Archmage1
2013-07-15, 07:51 AM
Eolande just looks at him, stunned.
"But... that's just silly."

Sliver
2013-07-15, 07:52 AM
Edgar shrugged. "People often are."

Archmage1
2013-07-15, 07:54 AM
Eolande, confused by the idiocy of these theoretical people, resumes climbing the stairs, although she is already growing tired of stairs. If only there were enough room to fly, and no tentacle monsters to get her in the darkness.

PersonMan
2013-07-15, 08:57 AM
Airis follows the minotaur wordlessly. She was glad to not need to fight him, and she was curious about the story of this odd place they had come to...For the most part, she was content to listen, and let others do the asking. As they go up the stairs, the duelist notices Eolande beginning to tire again. With a gesture, Airis indicates that she'd be willing to carry the half-fey. She was quite light, and there was no need to tire her out, after all...

"Would you mind explaining the properties of your weapon? As both a former smith apprentice and a duelist, I'm quite interested in it. It's not like anything I've seen before," Airis says to the minotaur. Edgar...odd name. Then again, this was an odd place.

Archmage1
2013-07-15, 09:02 AM
As Airis offers to carry her, Eolande considers for a moment, but, ultimately decides not to, although she does appreciate the gesture, all conveyed with a look, and a small shake of her head.

These stairs must end soon, right? I think I can make it...

Sliver
2013-07-15, 09:03 AM
"Victor researched the material..." Edgar said. "He said it's called Mallyate, but on this plane it had some... Unique properties. Once the material is attuned to the wielder, it can be shaped into many weapons and armors. The stronger the wielder, the better the result... I will..." The Minotaur paused. "As thanks for releasing me from my delusional state, I'll give it to you once we reach the village you spoke of."

PersonMan
2013-07-15, 09:20 AM
"I...thank you," Airis is briefly stunned by the minotaur Edgar's offer. Yes, they had freed him from his odd state before, but to give them his weapon for it? That was indeed a sign of deep gratitude.

As Eolande decides to keep walking, the duelist smiles back at her and nods, happy to see the half-fey pushing herself. Overcoming her physical frailty would be a great step towards making her less vulnerable to the kind of things that had happened in her past.

dantiesilva
2013-07-15, 09:51 AM
Milo is more then happy to hand over the letter, not having found anything of importance inside the room. Sure here you go, most important thing I found in here, the whole place is empty. Milo says handing over the note before following the others. Being warned about the trap Milo smiles knowing it would give himan advantage against it.

lostsole31
2013-07-15, 02:11 PM
Opee quips, "Yeah, confusing you for a cow is a bunch of bull."

Archmage1
2013-07-15, 02:13 PM
Eolande looks at Opee, and shakes her head, dolefully, completely missing the joke.

Sliver
2013-07-15, 02:13 PM
Edgar groans at Opee's comment, but can't stop himself as a smile sneaks to his face.

Normal post after sleep.

lostsole31
2013-07-15, 02:26 PM
"Kalti could make good use of a multi-weapon while still using his girallon arms to slash," adds Opee.

Archmage1
2013-07-17, 08:42 AM
As the party reaches the top of the stairs, Eolande leans up against a wall, resting her poor, weary legs.
After all, she usually flies, rather than climbs.

Sliver
2013-07-18, 06:05 AM
You pass a few more floors, but Edgar continues up each time. After a while, he notes that you are close to the top when the stairs turn into a spiral. You enter a dome shaped room about 80ft in diameter with a 20ft radius circle in it's middle, containing a garden of odd plants. A couple of them had been growing at the entrance to the facility, but you don't really recognize any of them. Their coloring is off for most plants, too, with most are of shades of blue and purple. Some of the plants grow what could be called fruit, but those emit bright light. In the center of the garden is a large tree growing in a spiral shape like the stairs you just came up on and it reaches up and through the ceiling.

A wide table is positioned by the garden with eight chairs around it and it seems to have been cleared after a meal, although not thoroughly, as crumbs and stains decorate it's surface. On the far edges of the room are large cupboards with glass doors, apparently locked, holding though an impressive amount of books. The tree branches out from the garden and from the branches hang empty cages and crystalline lights. On one of the sides of the room seems to be an alchemist table, with flasks, tubes, bowls and the assortment of tools, with a footlocker underneath for supplies.

Finally, there is a small and simple wooden door. Master's room, Edgar tells you. "Beyond his room is the dream crystal. Mater always took great care in it's defense..." He approaches the door and passes with his axe over it. It let's out a glow and the door seems to react to it, glowing with yellow light as well. A few moments later, the door is stripped of it's glow and Edgar lowers his axe. "I removed the trap from the door, but Master has likely other defenses... Likely powered by the crystal, which I cannot effect. Are you ready?"

Archmage1
2013-07-18, 06:26 AM
Eolande, after resting for a couple of minutes, looks around the strange room, a mix of lab and garden and dining room, as well as a library.

"I am glad that climb is done. I much prefer flying. Much more fun. Do you think that those glowy fruits are like the ones in village?"

After looking around for a couple of minutes, Eolande turns to Edgar
"Do you know what is up the tree?"

Sliver
2013-07-18, 09:51 AM
Edgar looked up, thinking about it. "Well, I guess it's the outside... I don't really know. It wasn't so big last I was here..."

Archmage1
2013-07-18, 09:54 AM
"Ooh... Can I see?"

Eolande, feeling curious, and not really waiting to hear objections, flies up and takes a look. Cautiously.

[roll0] hide
[roll1] move silently

dantiesilva
2013-07-18, 10:15 AM
As they all get to the top of the stairs Milo being curious about seeing fruits again walks over and takes a bite out of one as he was a bit hungry after almost dieing and not eating in what seemed like days.

Sliver
2013-07-18, 10:21 AM
"Sure..." Edgar tells Eolande as she flies up next to the tree. As he looks down, he sees Milo picking up one of the fruit. "You don't want to do tha-" He doesn't finish his sentence in time though and Milo takes a bite from the glowing fruit. The fruit bursts like a balloon and Milo is covered in glowing liquid, some of it pouring down his throat and some getting into his eyes.

Roll a fort and a reflex saves.

Eolande is oblivious to what his happening down and pokes her head out. The sight is similar to the one she seen outside, but something is different... A few moments pass as she starts getting dizzy and disoriented until she understands that she is actually upside down. Well, half of her.

Archmage1
2013-07-18, 10:28 AM
Made with the assumption that she is sticking her head out, and relative to gravity there, she is upside down.

Eolande, while finding the view entertaining once more, does not like the upside down thing, and takes her head back in.

"Hey, it IS an exit. But it's upside down. Still, fun. Milo, can you investigate that door again?"

As she talks, Eolande slowly drifts down from the top of the tree, smiling, having forgotten, for the moment, the danger, distracted by the beauty of the dream world.

dantiesilva
2013-07-18, 12:39 PM
Just my luck everyone else eats a fruit and gets a power boost, milo does it and gets saves XD

Fortitude [roll0]

Refelx [roll1]

Does thiefs luck come into play here Sliver?

Sliver
2013-07-18, 06:10 PM
Milo manages to divert his eyes in time to not get blinded by the glowing liquid, instead he is merely dazed (one round). But he feels the liquid running through his stomach with fierce burns. Edgar rushes over to him and attempts to ease Milo's pain with his axe's power, but it seems that the fruit grew by the power of the dream crystal and it rejects Edgar's attempts to negate it's effect. Milo takes 7 damage.

dantiesilva
2013-07-18, 08:10 PM
Milo was merely hungry and seeing as no one else had ever been hurt by the food thought he would try the same. To bad for him though he had picked the wrong fruit to eat. Milo falls to the ground unconscious.

-1hp....this is not even funny.

Archmage1
2013-07-18, 09:37 PM
Eolande, managing to descend safely, sees Milo, his eyes rolled up in his head, falling to the floor, a bitten fruit nearby.
After she lands, she slowly walks over to him and prods him, noting his reaction, before looking to the others.

"So... Was the fruit too good for his poor halfling mind to withstand? I didn't think that any fruit was that good!"

Sliver
2013-07-19, 01:51 AM
"The fruit isn't good to eat..." Edgar says as he examines Milo. "He's still alive, but he isn't doing well. Any of you got healing?"

PersonMan
2013-07-19, 02:51 AM
Airis grimaces as Milo falls, a mix of worry and empathy on her face. Not good.

"I...have limited healing ability, but it isn't applicable in this type of situation,"

Archmage1
2013-07-19, 11:24 AM
Eolande looks down at Milo, thinking.

"Well, Opee might be able to do something for him, and there are those fruits that Jace gave us, right? Aren't they supposed to be healing?"

lostsole31
2013-07-19, 02:39 PM
Opee feeds him the potato he had gotten.

Sliver
2013-07-19, 03:08 PM
Opee shoves a potato into Milo's throat and forces his mouth to chew and swallow.

@Milo Roll a stability check d% (1-10 success, otherwise dying and -1 hp)

Also, roll a fortitude check.

dantiesilva
2013-07-19, 03:26 PM
Fortitude [roll0]
d% [roll1]

Sliver
2013-07-19, 03:27 PM
Milo's condition continues to worsen, but he manages to not choke to death on the potato. He's probably not as hungry now as he was when he decided to eat on the glowing fruit, so there's that.

Archmage1
2013-07-19, 03:35 PM
Seeing Milo fail to recover from the miraculous effects of the potato, Eolande asks, perhaps a bit excitedly.

"Can anyone help him? I don't think the potato helped, surprisingly enough. Perhaps a tomato?"

PersonMan
2013-07-20, 02:05 PM
Airis, still confused by Opee's actions, searches for the pouch of goodberries Jace had given the group. Kneeling next to the unmoving form of Milo, she takes two out and presses them past his lips, stuffing them between his molars before pressing his jaw shut a few times. It's crude, but the magic should work even with this kind of "eating".

Airis hopes. She doesn't really know how magic works - magic food, magic items, spells...A few vague ideas and common knowledge, but that's it.

Sliver
2013-07-20, 02:08 PM
The magic does seem to work, but it doesn't seem to be enough. Seeing that it works, Airis shoves another crushed berry into Milo's mouth and he slowly wakes up, feeling an intense burning feeling in his stomach. But at least he feels full now.

PersonMan
2013-07-20, 02:11 PM
Seeing Milo awaken, Airis sighs. "Why is it that when you want to avoid eating something, it's perfectly fine, but when you decide you must have food, you eat some glowing fruit-thing that nearly kills you?" She asks the small man, standing again.

Archmage1
2013-07-20, 02:12 PM
Seeing Milo wake up, Eolande inquisitively asks him a question.
"Milo... What did the fruit taste like? They look so tempting, but it is apparently a bad idea..."

dantiesilva
2013-07-20, 02:52 PM
As Milo begins to wake up and sees Airis over him a small smile goes over his face as he says, I must be dead because I got an angel standing over me. he says with a goofy smile, the magic still working on his body as his senses are all still coming back. Well you ate a talking fruit and said it tasted good, then everyone ate from the place that had rotten food. So this looked most appealing, though now in hindsight I should have waited for Eolande to eat it. After all would have only been a few seconds after I had picked up one if I had not. Milo says with a soft gentle smile as he realizes he is not dead. Thank you Airis for saving me, I owe you. Milo says kindly as he looks to Eolande who was asking him how the fruit tasted. Have you ever ate a poisonous mushroom before? Try that and a burning sensation in your stomach after, I feel like I swallowed acid. Milo says as he holds his full stomach.

Archmage1
2013-07-20, 02:58 PM
"Poisonous mushrooms? I have never found one. They all seem to be ok, but the texture is not as nice. Now, the spotted red ones, those were the best, though."

Eolande looks sad now.

Sliver
2013-07-22, 01:17 AM
Edgar coughs. "Are you ready now?"

dantiesilva
2013-07-22, 01:29 AM
As Milo hears Edgar cough he looks up at him and smiles nervously. Why yes we are, any other things I should worry about before going to scout ahead Edgar? Or should I just stay with the group? Milo asks the minotaur as this was his home at one time, and to a certain degree still was.

Sliver
2013-07-22, 01:30 AM
"I would advise against going ahead. You don't look too well..." Edgar says.

dantiesilva
2013-07-22, 01:36 AM
As Edgar tells him not to go ahead Milo nods before fading into the shadows instead as to be able to not be spotted by enemies with luck, while being able to provide cover fire for his employers if they needed it, after all he owed Airis and wanted to show her he was not completely useless after his embarrassing incidents.

Hide [roll0]
Move silently [roll1]
Spot [roll2]
Listen [roll3]

Archmage1
2013-07-22, 06:18 AM
Eolande, moving cautiously, heads over to the door and investigates it, still feeling sad.

[roll0] hide
[roll1] move silently
[roll2] search

I got a 4

Sliver
2013-07-23, 03:59 AM
Eolande bumps into the door and nothing seems to happen. It's probably a better method of finding traps than what she did following that, so you are reassured that the door is safe enough. After finishing whatever prep you had to do, Edgar takes point and opens the door.

The room is dark at first, but as soon as Edgar steps in, something plops from the ceiling and there is a flash of light, revealing momentarily a brown-green slime on the floor. Suddenly, you feel a pull into the room as gravity momentarily alters it's course. Eolande and Airis seem to be able to keep their ground by quickly taking flight, but they suddenly see magical energy looping around their wings. Fortitude DC 17 or be unable to fly for 12 minutes.

And just like that, all non fliers and those with lost flight, excluding Octopus and Jinn who have battle-immunity, are pulled into the room. Reflex DC 18 to grab to the door frame.

Milo looses his hold of the sunrod, which flies into the room, lighting it up for a second, giving you a quick sight of the plain room that looks to have suffered from acidic burns a bit too much. The sunrod flies into the oozing monster at the center and is swallowed by it, shutting off the light. Only those with Darkvision can currently see. Enough light now.

After falling into the room or being able to grab to the door, the gravity turns back to normal and you fall harmlessly to the ground. Well, harmless for now. Those who fail the reflex save, start prone.

Initiatives!

[roll0]

[roll1] - Modify for lack of Familiar, since I doubt your hummingbird drank back then and it's not an effect you can share with it.
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]

http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/9347/11n8.jpg

O - Ooze - Last known location

M - Milo
A - Airis
K - Kalti
G - Gaston
Op - Opee
E - Eolande
Ed - Edgar

These locations assume that the saves to resist the gravity shift failed. If you succeeded (Airis and Eolande need to pass either one of the saves to not be forced into the room) you can choose either of the greyed out squares to start combat on, or voluntarily fail to start from the square you are on.

PersonMan
2013-07-23, 04:51 AM
Airis feels the energy around her wings, but with a swift surge of power she shakes it off. Feeling gravity return, she calls on her power, manifesting a glowing crimson orb in one palm, preparing to draw her rapier in the other.

"Is this one of the defenses? It looks like the room's suffered by it," Airis looks to the minotaur, hoping for information before she acts. For all she knows, blasting it would make it stronger and impaling it...well, it's a sack of goo. Stabbing a sack of goo and a sack of water generally wasn't all that dissimilar.

Fort: [roll0] DC 17
Ref: [roll1] DC 18

EDIT: Well dang.

Is the room dark for darkvision?

I'll start at C9.

Potential attack

[roll2]

Potential damage

[roll3] + [roll4] or 4

Maybe initiate a maneuver.

None of that yet. For now, I'll see how the others are doing and or what they do.

Either way, Airis is in Martial Spirit.

AlanBruce
2013-07-23, 05:42 AM
Gaston watches the puddle flop on the ground. It's powers affecting everyone

"Why? What is this thing?"

Know Arcana [roll0]

Know Planes [roll1]

Know Nature [roll2]

He then tries to avoid the pull from this strange new life form.

Reflex [roll3]

If successful, Gaston attempts to move towards Milo, hoping to heal him.

CMW [roll4], this healing is done prior to the ooze encounter.

AlanBruce
2013-07-23, 06:07 AM
Gaston grunts as he lifts his frail body off the ground and looks at this blob.

Where is the magic coming from? Gaston does not know.

What is this creature? It may very well be a fragmented dream taken a bizarre shape.

"If magic is going to subdue us, shall we return the favor?"

Gaston dusts off his robes as he looks down at the blob.

"I do not know what you are, but you seem made partially of water. Last I checked, fire is quite effective against beings made of it."

Gaston taps his staff twice on the ground and shuts his eyes as a sphere of scorching fire appears above the blob.

Flaming Sphere, damage [roll0] fire, reflex DC 16 to avoid damage.

Confident the spell worked, Gaston steps 5ft. away from whatever tis creature is.

5ft step towards A4

Sliver
2013-07-23, 06:13 AM
"It might, never seen it..." Edgar says to Airis in the darkness as Gaston casts a spell and a ball of fire lights up the room as it falls into the ooze, causing it to burn, obviously harming it.

Archmage1
2013-07-23, 06:25 AM
Her wings trapped by the strange force, Eolande tries to free them, frantically struggling, but, alas, she fails. Than, just to add even more pain, she feels a strange force pulling her into the room. While she does manage to desperately catch the doorframe in her struggles, she is unable to maintain a hold, as the weight is too much for her feeble muscles, sending her careening into the room, and onto the floor.
She lies there for a moment or two, stunned by the events, before standing, seeing Gaston casting Flaming Sphere, revealing the horror in the room, which she staggers away from(5 foot step back), even as she fires a strange, black ray at it.

"I... I don't like this! What is that thing anyway? It looks mean! And my wings..."

dantiesilva
2013-07-23, 09:22 AM
Just wondering I had it so Milo after being healed went to the opposite side of the room as the door hiding in the shadows and all. Providing "Covery fire" meaning he would have his bow at the ready to lose an arrow if something attacked, want me to lose an arrow as well? Also as this is a trap like effect Milo's thieves luck would go into effect.

[roll0] Reflex
[roll1] Reflex from thiefs luck if first fails

As Milo feels the pulling sensation trying to drag him into the room, not wanting to face off against whatever such a trap would have in store he frantically dives at the nearest thing to hold on to as he places his bow around his shoulder, holding with all his strength to stay out of the room that he was being pulled into.

Sliver
2013-07-23, 10:34 AM
As Guston lights up the room and flames the ooze, Eolande fires off a ray that hits the ooze, although it's hard to discern how effective it was considering it's just a blob of moldy looking jello. Yum.

Milo rushes into the room and runs across it, firing off an arrow into the ooze. Unfortunately, with him being silly and caring to not hit Edgar, Milo's arrow glances on the oddly hard surface of the ooze.

The ooze seems to mend itself partially from the damage it took from the flaming sphere around it.

A blob of goo stretches out from the ooze and strikes Edgar straight in the gut, causing Edgar's muscles to clench and freeze him in place and he falls on his side.

http://imageshack.us/a/img21/7169/5spi.png

O - Ooze

M - Milo
A - Airis
K - Kalti
G - Gaston
Op - Opee
E - Eolande
Ed - Edgar - Paralyzed

Kalti's and Opee's locations are there only if they fail the reflex save. Post in whatever order you want.

Archmage1
2013-07-23, 10:37 AM
Watching Edgar Fall to one blow, Eolande is quite worried for him.
"Edgar, are you all right? Please, get up. Please?"

Sliver
2013-07-23, 10:45 AM
Edgar doesn't react much, but he does seem to be breathing.

Archmage1
2013-07-23, 10:49 AM
Eolande tries one more time, her voice hopeful.
"Edgar?"

At his complete and utter lack of reaction, Eolande can only hope that someone else is able to help him, or that the effect would wear off soon.

PersonMan
2013-07-23, 11:16 AM
Airis, seeing Edgar fall to his side from a single blow, is tempted to simply destroy this thing from the air. Then she remembers that she isn't alone, and doing so would be counterproductive to keeping her allies alive. And Eolande safe. Noticing that the minotaur's chest is still rising and falling, the duelist narrows her eyes at the ooze. Some kind of paralyzing attack, it seemed. That was not good.

Confident in her abilities, however, Airis approaches the ooze from above, her stance (odd as it may be, a dueling stance changed enough to still function as one in the air) clearly defensive...until she seems to step forwards in the air, precise movements of the Maidendance which let her surge forwards, once again becoming a blur of light long enough to rush in and strike.

After her lunge from above, Airis returns to her former stance, rapier raised defensively.

Step to C8 then diagonal move up to C7 (at +5' altitude).

Initiate Steely Strike while fighting defensively. Total attack bonus is one above normal.

A: [roll0]
D: [roll1]

AC 23 until next turn

If I would be hit by an attack, Wall of Blades to replace my AC with [roll2] if it's better.

Archmage1
2013-07-23, 11:22 AM
Having made a decision as to what to do, Eolande casts a quick spell, before heading into a corner, trying to avoid attention, even as the ooze seems to slide around on the grease she conjured

Move to A9, cast grease(dc 16 reflex), getting the ooze, and spreading to the left with the excess area. Just to make it a little harder for the ooze to move around.

dantiesilva
2013-07-23, 12:00 PM
As Milo enters the room he fires off a shot as he ends up in front of Eolande. NExt turn he would have to get to a better spot, he did not lie how close he was to the creature, nor the fact that two targets close together were more appealing then one far away.

this is for my attack in OOC

lostsole31
2013-07-24, 03:28 PM
Opee gets knocked off his feet. He is too wounded to start out at much of a deficit and defensively casts CLW on himself.
Concentration: [roll0]
CLW: Heals: [roll1]

AlanBruce
2013-07-26, 03:08 AM
Gaston watches the mighty Edgar be felled with but a single hit.

"Be wary, everyone! Do not let it touch you."

Gaston's sphere continues to burn on top of the ooze

Flaming Sphere [roll0] Reflex DC 16

Gaston then calls upon The Shalm itself to grant his new allies courage against this poisonous enemy.

casting Bless, Each ally gains a +1 morale bonus on attack rolls and on saving throws against fear effects.

He then moves towards Opee, to see if he's doing well.

Moving to E3, might eat an AoO here

Sliver
2013-07-26, 03:28 AM
As Airis takes a stab at it, the ooze spits out an acidic spray that deals 2 damage to her. Milo stands up and heals himself as Kalti stands up as well and moves towards the ooze. Gaston's Flaming Sphere continues to burn the ooze as Eolande casts a spell, covering the ground underneath the ooze with movement-hampering grease.

Then, something odd happens. Milo lets out an arrow, which hits the ooze quite well. Suddenly, a flash of light erupts from the ooze, threatening to blind you.

Reflex DC20 or be Blinded for 6 rounds.

For those who can still see, the ooze heals once more as it extends itself and lashes out at Airis. The attack solidly hits her (Blinded or not) and the touch threatens to overpower her.

6 damage and make a fortitude DC16 or be Paralyzed for 9 rounds.

http://imageshack.us/a/img818/5526/8cqp.png

Small G is the greased area.

I rolled and acted for Kalti's first round. Standing up and moving might not have been what Kalti would have otherwise did, but if we don't pick up the pace, the game will die...

AlanBruce
2013-07-26, 03:37 AM
Gaston watches the ooze emit a flash of light.

What is this creature...why won't it die?

Reflex[roll0]

Archmage1
2013-07-26, 06:22 AM
Eolande, blinded, trembling, remembering what usually happens when she is blinded, cowers in the corner, silently, knowing what it only gets worse if she speaks, tears running down her face.

dantiesilva
2013-07-26, 09:11 AM
Refex save against blindness [roll0]

As milo see his arrow hit and go in deep a small grin comes onto his face as he begins to knock another arrow into place to fire at the creature. But just as quickly his survival instincts kicked in as something told him to turn around and cover his head. Sure enough just as he did so a bright light filled the room that was so strong it even flashed through his cloak, was a good thing he closed his eyes to, Milo thought as he quickly spun on his feet and moved 10ft away from where he was originally standing so that he was in a doorway.

PSinger
2013-07-28, 09:37 PM
Reflex save for Kalti: [roll0]Kalti just rolls over from getting landed to see the flash that has him seeing a searing white that he cant close out. His eyes burn and tear up, and an act of will won't clear his vision.

He takes the chance, and stands on his feet.

lostsole31
2013-07-28, 09:49 PM
Opee is much more spry and ducks his head into his arms with his face down as the flash blows over him. He then looks up and begins to concentrate.
Beginning manifesting astral construct II...

dantiesilva
2013-07-28, 10:24 PM
A huge smile crosses Milo's face as he gets in the doorway, bowstring pulled back. No one hurts Airis! Milo says before launching a arrow at the creature as he focuses on his true powers of archery.

Stance of Piercing Rays
Horizon Wind Lancet
Solar Flare Attack

Attack roll [roll0] (thats with -4 and +2 from shotting into combat and one of my feats) damage [roll1] +5 damage from deadeye included

Sliver
2013-07-29, 06:35 AM
The arrow hits true and and the oozes releases another flash of bright light. Reflex DC20 or be blinded for 5 rounds (only those who aren't blinded already)

If anyone can see: The ooze seems to stop moving for a moment, but the wounds partially heal as it leaps out of the greased area and lashes out at Milo. The blinded halfling isn't aware of the attack, but the ooze seems to be too wounded to hit the small target.

The ooze is now at D3-D4, for those who see. You can make a Listen Check vs MS 23 to be aware that it moved, 43 to pinpoint exact location.

Archmage1
2013-07-29, 07:40 AM
Eolande, terrified, and remembering events in a long ago circus, continues to cower in the corner, trembling.

Only thing left that I could do is shield, which seems kinda pointless.

dantiesilva
2013-07-29, 08:05 AM
Milo lets out a cheer as his arrow strikes true, but curses at himself for celebrating so quickly as he tries in vain to get his cloak up in time to hide from the blinding light emitting form the cube of ooze once more. Luck was not on his side though and he cursed to himself as he was blinded. Hoping to try and locate the creature by its sound he listened with all his might, and though he could tell it moved, he had no idea where.

PersonMan
2013-07-29, 01:07 PM
Listen: [roll0]

Hmm...it seems like the best idea for now is to spread out and wait out the blindness. Of course, if it procs each time the thing takes damage, this will take roughly four million years...

If Airis knows it moved, she fires at it. Otherwise she fires at where it was. Either way she 5' steps upwards beforehand.

EB: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]
MC: [roll3] 40-90 misses

"Can anyone still see? Eolande, get into the air if you're not already! Come up towards me. We should spread out and wait for our sight to come back...hit it all at once, try and kill it in a single burst," Airis says from the air, turning towards where she last remembers Eolande to have been as she mentions the half-fey.

Archmage1
2013-07-29, 01:17 PM
That is possibly the oddest way I have ever seen someone do a 50% miss chance. Too much rolling either poorly, or very well?

And... hopefully, this is not too much of a distraction for Airis.

Hearing Airis's voice, Eolande's mind slips back into the present, sort of.
"A...Airis? It's dark, and scary, and my wings are trapped by something."
Her voice seems to be on the very edge of terror.

Sliver
2013-07-29, 10:55 PM
Eolande feels the weight of Jinn lifts from her moments before there is another flash of blinding light. It seems that everyone in the room is blinded at this point, but when Jinn calls out "it's here, it's here!" you swear you can almost see the outlines of the monster through the darkness of your blindness.

Free pinpoint. It is unconscious, but with it's wound mending ability... Make it dead.

PSinger
2013-07-30, 12:50 AM
Kalti springs with claws whipping around!
Hand Claw #1: Attack [roll0], damage [roll1]
Hand Claw #2: Attack [roll2], damage [roll3]
Girallon Claw #1: Attack [roll4], damage [roll5]
Girallon Claw #2: Attack [roll6], damage [roll7]
Girallon Claw #3: Attack [roll8], damage [roll9]
Girallon Claw #4: Attack [roll10], damage [roll11]

Sliver
2013-07-30, 01:03 AM
Kalti follows Jinn's voice, it's claws tearing at the unmoving ooze and bathing the beast in acid. (Damage to Kalti doesn't matter due to fast healing) The blinding flash is released again, although in your condition, it really doesn't matter much in your blinded state. You can hear Edgar heavily standing up. "I'm sorry... That ooze was... Unexpected." He says awkwardly. "You would want to see this..."

400xp to all

After the blindness passes away and you regain your vision, you see what he meant. You are in a large bedchamber. A large and fancy king-sized bed with silky dark blue drapes is located at the far side of the room, almost 70ft away from the entrance, by which you find yourselves standing. Small crystals float in the room, emitting light almost as powerful as daylight, bathing the room in it. Large and colorful runes twist and twirl on the floor and ceiling, covering every inch of it and their power causes you to feel an uncomfortable tingle passing through your body. The runes climb up the walls and seem as if they pass through it.

In the center of the room are steep pyramid-like stairs, climbing 20ft up. 10ft above the top of the stairs, in the center of the ceiling runes, is what looks like an upside-down pedestal with a clawed hold that wraps around a crystal that's about the size of Milo's lust. If his lust was limited to the size of his head.

On the side of the room, the eastern side if you are standing at the southern entrance, is a pedestal with a journal sitting on top. It looks like a few pages bound badly together with twine. The journal emits a purple glow, similar to Edgar's axe.

Let's just say that you don't have the time to read it now and not that it isn't ready yet...

"I don't know what could happen when you remove the crystal, so you should heal yourselves before you attempt to do so." Edgar warns.

"Yeah." Octopus says, entering the room through the door, as the DM finally remembered to include him a bit. Beyond the door he came through you can see the garden.

PSinger
2013-07-30, 01:29 AM
Kalti doesn't take time to read anything particular (in keeping with above), but he might still be curious to look at it because of the pretty purple glow.

dantiesilva
2013-07-30, 01:40 AM
As Milo sees the gem in the clawed like hands his mind starts wondering if this would be part of his payment. After all he had been told that he would be paid good. Slowly and carefully he examined the area surrounding the jewel looking for any kind of traps.

May I take 20 or not enough time? If not Sliver please roll for me as I do not have access to my sheet at this time.

PersonMan
2013-07-30, 01:49 AM
Airis makes her way towards Eolande even before her eyesight returns, reaching the half-fey not long before she can see again.

"Eolande," she begins, smiling at her as she begins to be able to see again, rubbing her eyes before settling a hand on her shoulder. "Do you feel alright? You sounded quite frightened earlier," Airis' concern is clear in her voice, her eyes, still somewhat watery after the blinding light, searching Eolande's expression.

Once that is dealt with, the duelist turns her attention to the room itself, raising an eyebrow at it. Her first thought is that it looks like something Eolande would make. Colorful, obvious magic, bright light, a large...bed. Turning her attention away from that particular object, Airis looks over at the journal. At first she wants to go and read it, but the glow makes her reconsider. She wasn't Eolande, after all, and examining an obviously magical object without testing it first wasn't the best of ideas.

Closing her eyes, Airis turns her focus inwards, gathering herself for a moment. After a brief period of concentration, she opens her eyes again. Her vision is different now, with tones of grey filling everything not occupied by an aura of magic or power. Then again, in this room, she'd expect far more color than anything else...

Detect Magic, including the bed, stairs and journal if I can all at once.

dantiesilva
2013-07-30, 01:52 AM
As Milo is searching the area around the gem for traps a jealous look comes across his face as Eolande gets all the attention. It wasn't like she had saved her after all, he had done that while she cowered in a corner. Milo thought to himself refocusing on the trap ignoring everyone but his employer if he choose to speak up. And of course her, though she had been quite for some time he did feel her brushing up against his mind every now and then.

Archmage1
2013-07-30, 06:34 AM
Crouched in the corner of the room, hugging herself, crying, and trembling, Eolande is a rather sad sight as the blindness ends. As she looks around the room, her horror only seems to deepen as the presence of the bed becomes clear.
When Airis speaks, Eolande starts, and looks around, but when Airis approaches, Eolande hugs her, crying wordlessly, holding on like Airis was a life line.

AlanBruce
2013-07-30, 06:39 AM
Gaston places his hand on his eyes as he rubs them with his fingers, trying to get the itch away, but making it worse.

Once he is able to see, he smiles as Kalti stands over the dead puddle.

"Thank you, Kalti. It proved to be a terrible foe. In fact, everyone did an amazing job. Edgar, what did the creature do to you so it felled someone as big as you?"

Upon reaching the fancy room with the gem, swirling with runes and Octopus convenient late appearance, Gaston turns to his contact.

"Mr. O. What is this place? Where have you been? This was not specified earlier, you know?"

Gaston shakes his head and addresses the gem as he focuses his mind and studies it from a fair distance.

Casting detect magic

Sliver
2013-07-30, 07:03 AM
"Neither of us knew that Falkore will demand something like this in return for information..." Octopus says and simply shrugs at his previous location inquiry.

Edgar scratches his head. "I don't know, but once it touched me, it felt like a jolt of electricity or something of the sort, and all my muscles tensed up and refused to listen to me... Anyway..." Edgar is quick to change the subject. "This is the chambers of Master and that up there is the dream crystal... You can take the journal if you want to read it, but I'd advise against doing it here. The magic it has will allow you to take it out of this plane..."

Scanning the area with your magical sensing eyes you can see that the runes glow with moderate to strong magical aura, while the journal has a faint aura. The dream crystal glows with overwhelming magical power, it's strength is almost consuming everything else in the room.

Milo's searches only find objects of little interest and a surprising lack of traps. He comes across a small chest underneath the bed. It glows with the familiar purple light.

PersonMan
2013-07-30, 11:30 AM
Airis isn't sure what has caused Eolande's condition to worsen after her sight has returned and the enemy is destroyed and simply strokes the half-fey's shoulders, allowing herself to be clung to, even supporting her weight if need be. Looking around the room, she spots something that may have played a part in weakening the resolve of the now-crying Eolande further. Of course, with her past...The duelist feels a fresh wave of emotion at what happened in the past, while she was far afield and didn't even know the name Eolande. Anger, sorrow, above all the strengthened urge to protect. To defend her from anything, everything that could harm her.

The fact that Eolande's condition is a sign of her failure does not slip past Airis, and she feels anger at herself as well. She wasn't strong enough yet...she needed more power, to do what she wanted to do. To become what she wanted to be and, more recently, to protect those she cared for above all others.

Archmage1
2013-07-30, 11:35 AM
After a minute or two of reassuring herself that it was ok by hugging Airis, Eolande lets go, and wipes the tears from her face, and whispers to Airis
"Thank you. I... I don't like to be trapped in the dark. You help me feel better, Airis, always."
Presuming that Airis will then take the opportunity to search the room, Eolande sticks close to her, still looking around nervously, not touching anything.

Hopefully, we will wait for another 10 min or so, so Eolande can fly once more.

PersonMan
2013-07-30, 12:00 PM
Airis wants to assure Eolande that she will never be trapped again, that she would stop anything like that from happening ever again, but can't. After all, she couldn't stop this, how could she stop the next thing? Instead she simply smiles at the half-fey. "I don't think anyone likes to be trapped in darkness, Eolande," the duelist says softly, offering her her hand as she stands up.

"Well, there's nothing much surprising among the magical auras here," Airis says, looking about with her now pulsating crimson eyes. "The crystal is amazingly powerful, the runes are fairly strong, the...book is weak," she summarizes, considering for a second what to call the badly bound pile of glowing paper.

Archmage1
2013-07-30, 12:08 PM
Eolande takes Airis's hand, clutching it like a lifeline, hoping that it will all work out.

As Airis describes the magic in the room, Eolande speaks up, her voice subdued, and sad. Clearly, her terror is still present.
"I... I could try and read the book, I think."

PSinger
2013-07-30, 12:14 PM
Kalti grabs the book, holding it up to show he has it.

Sliver
2013-07-30, 12:33 PM
The "book" is grabbed.

lostsole31
2013-07-30, 12:44 PM
"I have one more healing spell," says Opee, "just one. Party's choice if used on someone now or later."

PersonMan
2013-07-30, 12:49 PM
"I have plenty of power left for Lolth's caress, but if the people who are hurt aren't up in melee with me I can't help them," Airis says. The duelist's ability to spread Aurelian martial fervor among the others was useful, but in this case it was inferior to simple healing magic. Now Airis wishes she had paid more attention to the priestess who had tried to teach her how to channel Lolth's mercy into a more pure form, to heal someone directly.

dantiesilva
2013-07-30, 01:05 PM
I should be fine. Milo mumbles to himself as he continues to search and finds nothing. Until that is the box. A small smile creaps upon his face before he thinks better of opening it himself. Last time he had tried something he almost died. I found a box. Not a single trap though, which is odd. I would be careful. Milo says to the group as he places the box on top of the bed waiting to see the treasures held within.

Archmage1
2013-07-30, 01:39 PM
"I... I think I am ok, mostly, just bruises left by that nasty tentacle thing. Jinn, are you all right?"

Eolande, despite the more confident tone of her voice, sticks next to Airis, holding her hand.

PersonMan
2013-07-30, 01:55 PM
Airis, not wanting to leave Eolande's side, is nonetheless intrigued by the box Milo has found. As long as she is willing to come with her, the duelist will make her way over to it and, after taking some time to read its aura, turns to the small man.

"Looks like you've learned from your experience with the fruit," she says, smiling, her tone light. She was never the type to get bogged down by fighting, so the only thing tugging on her mood was Eolande's fright. With that being dealt with, Airis sees no reason to stay somber. "I'm not sure if it's good or bad that you didn't find any traps. On one hand, if this is the innermost sanctum of the former master of the tower, it would make sense for there to be none. I know I wouldn't trap my bedroom. On the other hand, if he did, then it means they're beyond our ability to find,"

Archmage1
2013-07-30, 01:58 PM
Sensing that Airis wanted to go and take a look at the box that Milo had dug up, Eolande follows, keeping Airis in between her and the bed, looking out from behind Airis to take a look at the box.

After Airis speaks, Eolande speaks up, cautiously, and softly.
"Maybe... open it?"

dantiesilva
2013-07-30, 02:09 PM
As Airis begins walking over to him with Eolande at her skirt tale Milo seems happy at first, thinking she was coming to thank him, but as she talks about the box and how he had gotten wiser after eating the fruit he only says. The two of you ate fruit that spoke from a garden that said don't touch anything, not my fault I saw a dining room table and a tree with fruit on it and that happened to be the only thing with problems. Milo says with a bit of hurt pride as he steps aside letting her examine the box, though trying to stay close to her opposite the side Eolande was on.

Archmage1
2013-07-30, 02:16 PM
Eolande nervously watches Milo shifting around, moving in a vain attempt to keep Airis between both Milo and the bed, and failing. She makes no response to his accusation. After all, it is hardly her fault that he does not have a sense of what is good to eat, and what is not.

PersonMan
2013-07-30, 02:20 PM
Airis sighs."Yes, I'm aware if that, but the fruits we ate were neither glowing nor in an abandoned dream tower. But we didn't come here to discuss that. Personally, I'm curious about what happened while I was blinded earlier. You shouted something," the duelist is very much aware of what he shouted, but something about it makes her uncomfortable directly mentioning it. The thought of a man coming to her defense was, despite all her attempts to adjust to the outside world, embarrassing.

dantiesilva
2013-07-30, 02:27 PM
As Airis brings up the fact he had shouted at the beast he realizes that she had been blinded by it and feels bad for expecting her to have thanked him so rapidly. It looked like it was going to eat you so I went back to my training and fired my bow at it. After that well, as you can see it came at me. Seems I might have hurt it a bit. Milo says as if it were nothing, because to him it was something he would do for anyone he liked. So should we open the box Ma' Komitama? Milo says softly.

Times I wish I had sense motives and maxed like 98% of my other characters.

Sliver
2013-07-30, 02:30 PM
Opening the chest reveals a small pile of gold and platinum (600gp total) as well as two vestments, one of white leather with silver lining and matching silver buttons and the other made from green fur with gold silver trim, and a pair of green dragonhide gloves.

Archmage1
2013-07-30, 02:35 PM
When Milo brings up the bit about fighting the ooze, Eolande looks at him with surprise in her eyes.
"You... you tried to help Airis?"

Eolande, in the interest of impatience, and timeline, opens the chest, looking at the shiny contents with wide eyes, before running her hands over the white leather vestment, and the gloves, wanting to feel them.

PersonMan
2013-07-30, 02:37 PM
"I'm hoping the 'as you can see' bit is a joke. I'm no healer - during my training as a priestess, I just barely made it through, and only because of my training in anatomy for dueling purposes - and I haven't been staring at you all day. I can't tell which of your wounds are from what and I certainly couldn't tell what that thing did after you shot it," Airis replies, smiling again. Her words may sting a bit, so she keeps her tone jovial. Like she's joking with an old friend...although, in her experience, Milo doesn't take to jokes very well. At least not the kind she likes.

"What does Ma Commit am A mean? I'm afraid it's nothing I've encountered in my travels outside Aurelia so far,"

Sliver
2013-07-30, 02:41 PM
Edgar looks as you group up by the chest. "You'd want to keep those inside, if you want to take them with you. The chest will allow the items to be transported out of the plane, but they will be lost if you take them out of it when you leave."

Archmage1
2013-07-30, 02:43 PM
Eolande is a bit confused by Edgar, and turns her attention away from the chest
"But... if they vanish when removed from the chest, why not enjoy them now, while we can, since we could not use them in the real world?"

Sliver
2013-07-30, 02:45 PM
Edgar looks at Eolande, confused. "Are you replying to me? Because it's... It's not what I said..."

"She does that sometimes." Octopus remarks with a smirk.

"I said that you can take the items with you and out of this plane, if you keep them within the chest. If you take the items out of the chest and then leave the dreamscape, you will lose to items." Edgar tries to explain himself.

PersonMan
2013-07-30, 02:46 PM
"I think he means we can take them back with us if we keep them in the box," Airis clarifies. She doesn't pay much attention to the actual contents - while she enjoyed being wealthy and the clothing could be magical, she was more interested in weaponry or other obviously helpful things. Still, she focuses her gaze on the clothing, peering at it until the auras (or lack of them) become apparent.

dantiesilva
2013-07-30, 02:47 PM
As Eolande speaks up surprise in her eyes he looks at her the same way he had the first time, admiring her beauty and trying to forget all the trouble she had put him through so far. Yes I did, I would have done the same for someone else to if the chance presented itself. Though I would not try to drain myself so much I think. Milo says sweat clear on his brow from all the power he put behind the shot he had fired.

It was indeed a joke Airis. Milo says kindly to her, standing on the opposite side of Eolande, though closer to the bed then Eolande was. After all both were good looking, and a bed was fun. Though hearing her say she was not staring at him all day did make him know who she had her attention on the whole time and he gave a quick look towards Eolande. Sure she had said it kindly enough but he knew what the words meant.

Ma Komitama means....well its a bit complicated, perhaps when we have time later I can tell you. Milo says uncomfortable at being asked to explain what the word meant infront of Eolande.

Sliver
2013-07-30, 02:48 PM
Make a spellcraft check to ID the aura.

The box glows with a faint magical glow similar to the journal while the white leather vestment glows with a moderate magical aura.

Archmage1
2013-07-30, 02:53 PM
@Edgar
"Ah, now I understand. Thank you."

@Milo
"Thank you." Eolande smiles briefly, before turning back to the fascinating box. Before long, she closes it, and places it into her bag, before experimentally trying to flap her wings, trying to learn if the binding is gone.

Sliver
2013-07-30, 02:54 PM
The energy is still wrapped around Eolande's wings, preventing her flight.

dantiesilva
2013-07-30, 02:54 PM
As the box is opened his eyes instantly go to the money and the vestment with green fur with gold silver trim. That looks beautiful. Milo says getting ready to pick it up before hearing Edgars words. Thanks for the warning Edgar, happy your on our side now.

Archmage1
2013-07-30, 02:57 PM
Having packed away the chest, Eolande turns to the others, having been calmed down by the reminder that she is not alone now.

"Can we try waiting for a bit, so I can fly again? That ooze thing did something."

PersonMan
2013-07-30, 02:58 PM
Uh...10. I'm untrained, so it won't get any higher, and I'll just take 10 to avoid the risk.

"Oh, that's how it's pronounced? Mah Commet...bah, forget it. Languages were never my thing. I'm just lucky I can speak outlander well enough to talk with you all," Airis says, smiling. Her failure to learn other languages was something she had no problem pointing out. She had never been good with them, after all.

"Draining yourself? I don't have much experience with a bow - although the story of how I ended up using one in a club fight is a good one, I think - but I've never heard of a technique that requires a burst of effort or anything especially draining," now Airis' interest is piqued. Martial techniques are entirely within her area of interest.

Noticing Eolande's discomfort, but not knowing how to deal with it - she doesn't want to break off their conversation or let Eolande go - Airis considers a solution for a few moments before coming to the obvious one. As she speaks and listens, the duelist slowly moves away from the bed, pulling Eolande and, if he wants to stay in comfortable talking range, Milo into a slow walk away from it.

Airis: 1, Bed: 0

Archmage1
2013-07-30, 03:00 PM
Eolande is glad to move away from the bed, and, as a result, is almost normal again. Well, as normal as she gets. She even loosens her death grip on Airis's hand.

dantiesilva
2013-07-30, 03:00 PM
As Eolande puts the box away and asks if they can wait a bit as she could not fly still Milo is reminded by how fragile and weak she was, not something made to survive in the wild. It would be hard keeping up his end of the deal of keeping her alive he thought as he looked to the crystal and then to Airis. Might as well do what would keep her happy for now, he thought brushing his hand against hers trying to see what she did as he placed his bow back onto his back making it seem like a simple mistake. Still not sure what to take from Eolandes random thank you.

seems the nija got me this time

As Airis questions him about his technique he thinks for a few minutes before trying to explain. Well think of it like as if it were you fighting with your sword. When you try to pull of a fancy kind of attack thing, sorry I am not good with any type of blade besides a skinning knife and mean no offense, do you not have to use more then a normal amount of focus and concentration to make sure you do each step perfect? Milo asks intently.

Trying to show the effect of manuevers nothing more, no hidden things promise. just seems odd they would have no effect on us. Later on the weaker ones would be easy for us, but our stronger ones would make us work more the way I look at it. and thus tier us more.

PersonMan
2013-07-30, 03:07 PM
Body language is very important to a duelist. Your own, and your enemy's. As someone with intensive training into that topic, Airis can see that Milo's movements are measured in a way a normal accident wouldn't allow for. Was he still chasing after her? An odd thought, as she considered herself rather in a relationship, but then again...well, before Eolande came along she would have found this situation to be positively divine. A duelist, with at least two, depending on how long Edgar stayed with them, potential suitors and two men competing for her attention? The stuff legends were spun from.

Airis says nothing in response to the small man's brushing of her hand, but relaxes her eyes a bit, the rush of power fading and the color becoming less intense.

"If we're waiting for everyone to return to full mobility, could you explain this May Comiterm thing to me? It shouldn't take that long, should it?" She instead asks.

Archmage1
2013-07-30, 03:09 PM
Eolande, taking the chance, uses her other hand to scratch Jinn, trying to see if he has been injured.

PersonMan
2013-07-30, 03:12 PM
"Ah, you mean the Maidendance. No, I've been trained and conditioned enough that using it doesn't especially tire me. It relies more on grace and power than on physical exertion, though, which may be different from your own bowmanship," Airis replies, bringing up one hand to hold her chin thoughtfully. "Don't worry about not knowing the names of my techniques. I couldn't really take offense at such a thing while mangling your own mother tongue,"

Sliver
2013-07-30, 03:17 PM
Eolande notices that Jinn has a strange, yet familiar, eldritch glow to his eyes. It quickly subsides though.

Archmage1
2013-07-30, 03:19 PM
Glowing eyes? Maybe he can detect magic as well? Or else that wizard is possessing him again. Poor Jinn, he does nothing to deserve such treatment...
Eolande makes no comment on the glowing eyes, and nothing indicates that she even saw anything.

dantiesilva
2013-07-30, 09:34 PM
As Milo brushes his hand against Airis and watches to see a reaction he is happy to see that at least there was not a negative one. Well if you want me to tell you in front of your shy friend I guess I can. Milo says with a charming smile. It means Graceful maiden, or beautiful maiden. Milo says hiding its true meaning though only slightly.

And saying i got now ranks in bluff she will see right through that one, lets just hope she catches on that he rather not say exactly what it means infront of eolande.

As she explains that her powers come more less from physical power Milo thinks he understands as he nods. Well as you may know, each bow has a certain amount of pull to it, and to pull it back to fulldraw you must have the strength to do so. You must also have the endurance to hold it there as you line up your shot and fire. Which after a while begins to make you tired as it uses all your upper body strength to do so. Milo says calmly explaining it to her and whoever else cared to listen. Well that is the basics of archery. What I do goes even deeper into that, it also relies on the power of the very air around you to charge it to slice threw it and propel it at greater speeds if you will. Forcing its way through your enemy. As such it requires a lot of concentration and a lot more patience. Though not as beautiful as sword play, it can be just as deadly if done properly. What I did to the wizard was nothing but me using my normal skills with a bow. Though I must ask you, when we get some free time do you mind helping me with something? Milo says almost sheepish as if afraid she would say no or Eolande would take her away from him. As for my native tongue, I think you are doing a great job for just learning it still. Perhaps in time you could teach me yours so it would make you feel like you were at home, at least for a little while hearing your own tongue? Milo says gently hoping to make her happy and that Eolande would not try and join in again on his thunder.

Archmage1
2013-07-30, 09:53 PM
As Milo tries to charm Airis, Eolande frowns slightly, wondering how Airis will react to the fairly obvious charm attempt.
As he describes the fine arts of archery and swordsmanship, she looks even sadder, not really liking such talk.

However, as he offers to try and learn a language, Eolande brightens, smiling as she looks at him.
"Milo! That is a great idea! Why don't we all get together, and teach each other languages? We can start with Aurellian, if Airis is willing, and then we can try one of mine, and then one of someone elses! It would be a great way to spend some evenings!"

dantiesilva
2013-07-30, 10:03 PM
As Eolande chirps in about everyone learning a new language Milo looks at the woman as if he was going to kill her. And his mind was thinking of all the ways he could as well how annoyed he was.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IeTWYv5zus Just trust me watch it

Sliver
2013-07-31, 01:15 AM
After a few minutes, the energy around Eolande's wings disappears and releases her.

PersonMan
2013-07-31, 02:29 AM
So it meant beautiful maiden. What an odd way of saying something so simple...Airis realizes after a moment that Milo was trying to compliment and potentially charm her without Eolande noticing. She also recognizes the slight twist of truth he put into what he said. For now she decides to ignore it. At first, Airis is simply going to ignore it, but she noticed Eolande seeming to have her gaze on her, and realizes that the half-fey is expecting some kind of response. Of course.

"That's very nice of you, Milo, but I'm not sure that I'm the best target for such compliments. Eolande is more of the beautiful maiden type, I prefer a description like 'heroic duelist' or similar for myself," the Aurelian says after a few moments of thought. She enjoyed the compliments, even if they weren't really her type, but didn't want Eolande or Milo to get the wrong idea. Driving Milo away or offending Eolande, both was a path Airis didn't want to go down. Especially with the small man being more capable of discussing martial techniques. Kalti...wasn't really the best conversation, she had found, and none of the others had the right appreciation for such things.

Airis frowns a bit at the reminder of Milo's shooting the wizard, but as the small man continues talking she focuses more on the present."What is it you would need my help for?" The duelist asks, curious. His skill set was entirely different from hers...did he plan on expanding it to include the dueling arts?

When it comes to languages, Airis raises her eyebrows. Learning Aurelian to make her feel at home? Somehow the thought is a very odd one. That would require her to teach them...and, as Eolande adds herself to the mix with her usual enthusiasm, she realizes she would have to teach them both. Not missing the angry look Milo gives the half-fey, Airis decides to end the whole thing before anyone gets their hopes up.

"I hate to ruin someone's fun, but I don't think that would work. By the time I could even pronounce Me Commitera properly we'd all be a hundred years old at least. I'm...also a very bad teacher as far as languages are concerned. I don't have patience for mistakes, I'd just snap at you both all the time," Airis admits. It was true; when she had briefly been assigned to teach an outlander Aurelian, it only taken three hours for her to storm out of the room in annoyance. Teaching Milo and Eolande would be a catastrophe, since she'd be calmed enough by her lover to keep trying until she ran out of patience entirely.

AlanBruce
2013-07-31, 02:37 AM
Gaston listens unavoidably to teh exchnage between Airis, Milo, and Eolande.

Not wanting to pry, but finding himself in the same room, he taps his staff on the well polished floor.

"There are many languages in the world. Not all are meant to be learnt. That is, of course, unless one has the drive and dedication to do so. I have not had a chance to hear Aurelian, but would like the ooportunity to hear at least a phrase, if possible."

Gaston then walks up to Milo and places his hand on the halfling's shoulder.

"Ma...Komeytamaa? It has a nice ring to it."

PersonMan
2013-07-31, 02:45 AM
"An example of Aurelian? Hmmmm...Das wichtigste brim Tanz Sind die Hüftenbewegungen, die bringen das gesammelte Kraft aus der Körper in die von dir angezielte Richtung, um den Schlag durchzuführen," Airis says. "I'm not surprised you haven't heard it before, it isn't spoken much outside the red mountains,"

dantiesilva
2013-07-31, 02:55 AM
Dam not having he right books on me at this late hour to actually call her exactly that.

As Airis tries to divert his attention towards Eolande he smiles before replying. Though outside she may indeed be beautiful, to a warrior of any kind we both know what is real beauty. Milo says to her, as even though he was not a mighty warrior like herself, he considered himself skilled enough with a bow to consider himself at the very least more dangerous then Eolande. I will remember that next time duelist of Lolth. Milo says showing that he had payed attention to what she had told him about her religion. And though her exact title was just out of reach right now showing her just that he remembered even a small part would hopefully earn him extra points.

Milo looked from Airis to Eolande wondering if the half fey would try and throw her self into this as well before saying. I was wondering if you could try to show me some of your techniques. In turn I could try to teach you some of mine. I am not rally good at melee combat, but I rather at least know something in case something like that monster from earlier gets me and a bow is no use. Milo says hoping that the half fey would be to fragile to want to do the same.

Milo does not miss how quickly Airis turns down the whole teaching them her language thing as Eolande chirps in which makes him wounder if her answer had been different if she had not been around. Perhaps he could catch her alone sometime when it was just the two of them. Milo thought, hoping Eolande was not always on her leather pants like a scared little child. I understand Airis, just if you change your mind please let me know. I would like to help you feel more like at home and at easy if I could. he says trying to let her know he was there for her if she needed someone to talk to that understood at least something besides beauty care. something he was sure the woman did not need or cared for.

PersonMan
2013-07-31, 03:13 AM
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder," Airis replies. There was certainly a beauty in a duelist's dance, or a knight's defense, but it was something unlike Eolande's. They couldn't simply be compared and judged against one another.

"Teach you the Maidendance? Well, I could try, but it takes quite a bit of practice to get it right. Especially the hips," Airis says.

"I'm not sure I'll change my mind about the languages. They've never really been something I've found myself keen to learn. Don't worry overmuch about making me feel at home, if I wanted that I never would have left Aurelia,"

PSinger
2013-07-31, 03:20 AM
"Das wichtigste brim Tanz Sind die Hüftenbewegungen, die bringen das gesammelte Kraft aus der Körper in die von dir angezielte Richtung, um den Schlag durchzuführen," says Kalti with perfect dialect as if right from Airis' home neighborhood.

He follows it up, "It means [add exact and literal meaning here.]"

He looks at Milo and shakes his head and then to Airis. "As far as 'Ma' Komitama,'" which he likewise says with flawless dialect, "it simply means 'My Precious.' This particular use is something an intimate lover says to another."

"And," he adds, "I have no need to learn languages."

dantiesilva
2013-07-31, 03:23 AM
Milo could not agree more to Airis fact as he looked at her and Eolande next to her. Sure Airis was taller then he was among other things, but she was exactly what he needed. Not someone who could not survive a day alone in the wilderness never mind a week. With no food or water. No shelter, no help. No Eolande held physical beauty, but that was all, something that always left with time. A warriors heart never changed though.

Milo can not help but laugh a bit as Airis mentions the hips. I am sure if I watch you long enough I will pick up on something. And I will try my best not to ware out your patience to much. Is there anything I could do though in return? Milo says kindly to her, happy for once there was silence from her other half.

As you wish fair handmadien of the eight armed goddess. Milo said thinking he had gotten it right this time. I shall respect your wishes, shall we move along now? I think we are starting to get a crowd. Milo says as Gaston comes over and asks if he could at least hear her speak in her native tongue. Its so beautiful, no wounder your people have such a graceful style of sword play. Much like the elves in the forest I live in, but so much different at the same time. Milo says mesmerized by her language and wishing she would be willing to teach it but not wanting to push the matter.

Milo really was not prepared for what Kalati had to say as his mouth dropped and all he could seem to say was "But" Over and over again as he pointed at the man both confused and embarrassed he had said what it truly meant and the fact he knew it.

PersonMan
2013-07-31, 03:32 AM
"Indeed," Airis says, looking at Kalti. "Remind me to not believe Opee next time he tells me something about you. You seem more than capable of communicating. I must admit I am quite curious - your abilities are either something you keep hidden as much as possible, or they change. After all, you did not call upon lightning in this fight, nor did you fly into a rage as far as I could tell. Yet now you speak flawless Aurelian, whatever Milo was speaking earlier and outlander as well,"

With the four armed man's latest revealing of talents, Airis' attention has turned entirely to him.

It means 'the his movements are the most important part, they gather the power from your body intot he direction you are aiming at'.

PSinger
2013-07-31, 03:43 AM
"I couldn't call on lightning. I barely had time to react and then was blind. This place of dreams has given me greater access to the spirit forces which I bind to me and they have strengthened my mind even as they loosened my tongue and tuned my ears. Opee did not lie. I could always speak, as you could tell from my shamanist songs. I merely chose not to. There is usually no need, for people rely too much on excess noise."

lostsole31
2013-07-31, 04:18 AM
Opee ... is ... floored. But for now, he says nothing and binds Eolande's and Milo's wounds with normal healing.

Archmage1
2013-07-31, 06:46 AM
When Airis compliments her, Eolande smiles with pleasure, and moves in to gently hug her.
"Airis, you are a beautiful heroic duelist, never doubt that."
As Airis goes to refuse to teach Aurelian, Eolande looks sad, but not too sad.
"Aw... are you sure? I could teach you mine first? It might help."

On the subject of dancing
"Maybe we could all learn a few dances? It was a lot of fun on the ship, after all."

As Kalti reveals his linguistical talent, Eolande is floored. She never expected anything like this. She looks to him with wide eyes, stunned.
[in a mix of Elven, Sylvan, Infernal, and Draconic]
"You... you mean that you can speak any language? Any at all? That's amazing."
[in common once more]
"So that's what Ma Komitama means! You are precious, Airis, although I think that if you are anyone's, you are your own, no one elses. I... I wish I could be like that, some times."
Eolande, of course, pronounces Ma Komitama perfectly, as Milo did.

When Opee goes to bind her bruises, Eolande smiles, and thanks him.

Really amusing thing about Milo's certainty that Eolande could not survive a week alone in the wilderness... She has done exactly that in the past, before being captured by those that more or less broke her.
Kinda ran out of time here.

Archmage1
2013-07-31, 07:36 AM
During the prolonged conversation, Eolande slowly guided Airis to be near the dream crystal, subtly, and carefully. After her response, she calmly cast a couple of spells, giving a hint as to what she was going to do, before she reached for the dream crystal, wanting to get a better look at it.

Sliver
2013-07-31, 08:35 AM
Climbing up the stairs, the room lights up in different colors with each step, as well as bell chiming, deeper with each step. As far as you can tell, it's merely a dramatic effect created by a bored wizard, and none of the magical auras in the room changed or anything. So Eolande continues and reaches out to the dream crystal.

At first, it resists a bit, but with a tug and a pull, Eolande manages to release it, even with her strength. The claws draw into the pedestal and it rises, vanishing into the ceiling, at the same time as the stairs Eolande stands on lowering.

As the stairs vanish into the smooth floor, the colorful and lively colors of the room instantly change into deep bloodlike red. Edgar and Octopus rush forward and to Eolande's side, motioning for the others to do the same.

The door slams closed as suddenly a giant spectral image raises through the ground. A man covered in crystaline armor, with a short groomed beard, green tinted glasses and a long staff stands above you, glaring threateningly.

"Master!" Edgar calls out in fear. "It... It must be the last defense..."

The image slams it's staff into the floor and cracks begin to spread, tearing through the runes and killing off their glow, causing magical vapors to be released into the room as the cracks continue their advance towards you. Master opens his other hand and aims his palm at you and it begins to glow.

"Potato attack!" Edgar shouts and hurls a potato at Master, which passes through him harmlessly. "Ah, heck with it. We're leaving!" He says and stands between you, raising his axe. A bright glow surrounds you and you quickly reappear in the entrance of the facility. The lions look at Edgar, puzzled.

Before you can hurry and run towards the exit, runes creep into the room in circular and twisty motions. A large earth elemental, paired with two smaller ones, appear and surround you,

http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/8660/jj9.png

Initiative:
[roll0]

[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4] Adjust to lack of familiar
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]

Eolande, Milo and Airis, then Lions, then Kalti, Opee, Edgar and Gaston, then Earth Elementals.

Lions will delay so everyone can act together, don't worry about initiative order.

Archmage1
2013-07-31, 08:59 AM
As she ascends the stairs, Eolande is quite surprised by the changing colors, and the bell tone, performing a brief dance, accompanied by music on the way. Before long, however, the siren call of the sparkly crystal calls her, and she collects it.
When the mage appears, she blinks at him, surprised by his sudden appearance.
"Oh, hello, I was just looking..."
And then the potato flies, and teleportation happens.

Once in the foyer, Eolande smiles.
"Hey, it's those lions again. I wonder if they are still sleepy and happy? Can we leave them alone?"
However, despite her cheery tone, she sticks with the others as they try and leave, only to be surprised with earth elementals. Mean looking Earth Elementals.
Almost immediately, she makes a brief gesture, and speaks a word in a strange language, prompting ghostly purple spiders to weave a riot of webs, entrapping the large Elemental within the webs, anchored between the throne and the wall.
They are, of course, very colorful spiders.
While the spiders distract everyone, She takes off, ascending 30 feet, and scattering some of her dust over the group as she does so.

Web, centered at the top left corner of D5. Reflex dc 18, or the usual nastiness

PersonMan
2013-07-31, 09:43 AM
Kalti talk

Airis smiles. "I don't believe that he lied, only that he doesn't understand you as much as I thought he did,"

Eolande talk

Airis smiles at the returned compliment, although the turn towards the dark that she takes concerns her. "If you don't mind me stumbling over every little thing, you can try," she says.

Milo ohsnap

Airis is not happy with what Kalti revealed about what the small man said. She didn't have a problem with him continuing to run himself into a brick wall trying to get her, but this was beginning to cross a line. For now, though, she says nothing...especially with Eolande taking the crystal.

There isn't much time to react, but Airis draws her rapier and steps to defend Eolande as the massive figure appears. The teleportation confuses her slightly, but when the elementals appear she reacts instantly, stepping in just as the oddly colored spiders finish their web, wings extending as she runs up and towards the elemental.

Elementals...ugh.

Step to F8+, 5' off the ground.
Initiate Stone Bones.

If I hit, I get DR 5/adamantine for 1 round.

Archmage1
2013-07-31, 09:50 AM
Airis Talk
Eolande smiles, and hugs her again, before leaping up and briefly kissing her
"Thank you, Airis. It should be fun!"

I, alas, am unsure as to what language should reflect sylvan, so...

"Now...gražus Pojedynkujący"
"That means "Beautiful Duelist.". Mostly. More like beautiful blade dancer, but it is close."

dantiesilva
2013-07-31, 10:42 AM
As Opee comes over and binds his wounds Milo is still so stunned about Kalati telling her what it truly meant, sure he would have told her. But more when they were alone. He does acknowledge what Opee had done and did say the closet thing to a thank you he could as he stood in horror at what had been revealed.

After that everything seemed like a dream, Eolande kissing Airis, Taking the crystal, the wizard. All of this seemed to play in slow motion to him as they teleported into the entrance where the lions were. The elementals rising from the ground meant nothing to him as he tried to think about what happened, it was almost as if he was stunned.

Milo is just holding his readying his action to aim at one of the elementals that get into melee with someone else so I can use deadeye.

lostsole31
2013-07-31, 12:37 PM
Opee attempts to draw on as much knowledge of the natural world as he can, including the scions of the very building blocks of the world itself.
Knowledge [Nature], incl 1 IP [roll0]
"Eolande, Airis! Take to the air! They depend on a connection to the earth between themselves and their target and will have a lot of trouble fighting you there."

Opee brings about a briefly wavering field of something in front of him before nothing more is seen.Manifesting force screen, ending the one round of preparations.
As creatures taken from the ethereal, Opee looks to help from the astral and begins concentrating.Start manifesting astral construct.

AlanBruce
2013-08-01, 05:18 AM
Gaston hears Eolande speak in a lot of different languages. A poetic seamless stream of words echo in his ears.

In elven, he addresses the fey.

"Your expertise and mastery of different tongues is most impressive, Miss Eolande. One can only guess you have traveled extensively before ending in this Dreamscape."

As Edgar seems to panic at the crystalline being in front, Gaston raises an eyebrow.

Hmmm...

Know. Nature [roll0]

Know. Planes [roll1]

Spellcraft to ID spell [roll2]

The creature Edgar refers to as master is quick. Too quick, as the entire group is sent back to the throne room.

"Edgar, proud smith. Is that your master or his last mode of defense against intruders? Formidable...oh. Oh no."

Once the elementals burst into scene, with their cracked bodies and painfully jagged appendages, Gaston steps back twenty feet and looks at them.

"Creatures of stone and gravel! Wrought in the deepest demesnes of the Plane of Earth, home to the cruel Dao and once abode of the exiled Gulgar, heed my words. I beseech thee!"

Gaston brings his walking stick down hard on the floor and gives the barely sentient embodiments an authoritative look.

Command Earth elementals

Command check: [roll3]

Command "Damage" [roll4]

Archmage1
2013-08-01, 06:34 AM
As Gaston compliments her, Eolande flashes a smile at the old man, please by the compliment.
[in Elven]
"Thank you, Gaston. They are fun, aren't they?"

Sliver
2013-08-01, 11:32 AM
Opee

They are the familiar earth elementals wizards like to summon so much, but just bigger than what you might usually encounter from wizards you would encounter. You heard that the bigger ones have much stronger... Shell, able to withstand much more punishment than their smaller counterparts

Gaston

You realize that the Master you just saw is likely a figment, perhaps part of the trap that is meant to demoralize the intruders so they are too shocked to escape with haste. The cracks might have been caused by some stone controlling power that Master put into the trap.

Airis flies up and lunges at the large elemental as Eolande sends spiders to wrap it and the immediate area around it in silky webs, trapping the beast. Milo waits for the perfect moment and sends an arrow that cracks at the stone at the same moment as Airis, but it seems both attacks aren't as effective as they would be against a more fleshy foe.

Gaston emits a light that seems to cause the large elemental to flinch, but the smaller ones can't withstand it and crouch, cowering from it and unable to move.

Opee begins the manifestation of an astral construct as Edgar's weapon changes slightly, his axe gaining a red glow as it moves to stand above one of the smaller elementals. He looks at the two lions and roars. "What are you looking at, you oversized winged felines. Destroy that thing!"

They recoil from the sudden command and take to the air, one charging at the large elemental and the other flies gracefully above the webbing and attacks at the large one. The large elemental takes a few solid hits from the lion's claws and teeth, but the smaller one takes only a glancing blow from the second lion, who seems to be more confused about why it attacks pieces of rock.

The large elemental attempts to swing at Airis and the flying lion, but their airborne nature prevents the attacks from connecting.

http://imageshack.us/a/img692/6259/yml.png

W - Webbed areas.

Archmage1
2013-08-01, 11:38 AM
Eolande, seeing Airis rush in, decides to try and help her, sending a cascade of dust(mixture of Violet and Gold coloring) from her wings down to coat the elemental, potentially blinding it. Somehow, empowered by Eolande's unique magic, it passes Airis by, not leaving even a fleck of dust on her, but on the elemental, it practically glows.

When Edgar commands the lions, and they obey, her face lights up.
"See? They are nice lions after all."

Glitterdust(warlock), dc 19 will or blind

dantiesilva
2013-08-01, 11:45 AM
Milo lets lose a small smile as the half fey tries to blind the earth elemental in a fight with Airis as he knocks another arrow into place, holding until the right moment once more.

Ready action to fire an arrow at large elemental once Airis attacks it.

Attack [roll0] Damage [roll1] + [roll2] DC15 refex for half damage on last roll

PersonMan
2013-08-01, 12:20 PM
Airis ascends further, striking at the elemental just as her moving is complete, making sure to do it all while it is busy with one of the lions to avoid creating an opening. It was annoying, always fighting elementals...especially ones that resisted her attacks more than normal.

Still, for now she had to rely on the Maidendance to wear it down.

5' step up, swing with Steely Strike

-4 AC against other combatants for one round.

lostsole31
2013-08-01, 05:41 PM
The same silver disc appears, but this time next to Airis and the large elemental. The glistening humanoid form has wings this time and its fist goes to slam the elemental.Slam [roll0], damage [roll1]

Medium Construct
HP: 31
Speed: 40', fly 20'
AC: 18 (+2 Dex, +6 natural), touch 12, flat-footed 16
*** flying vs earth elemental = AC 22
Slam: as above
SQ: Darkvision 60', LLV, construct traits
Str 17, Dex 15, Con --, Int --, Wis 11, Cha 10
AL: N
Opee then says, "Every entity has a mind."

The power of his psyche reaches out, trying to find the large elemental's alien mind and then override it with pain.
Mind thrust, full burn.
Untyped [roll2] damage, Will save DC 16 negates

PSinger
2013-08-01, 06:15 PM
Kalti points to a spot above the large elemental and lightning bears down upon it.
[roll0] electricity damage, Ref DC 16 for half.

Sliver
2013-08-01, 06:38 PM
Eolande sprays her glitter at the large elemental, which blinds him. Unfortunately, the lion is caught in the spell as well and is blinded too. Airis and Milo time their attacks, followed by the bash from the silver humanoid Opee summoned and the following mental attack. The elemental is filled with cracks and the lightning that appears out of nowhere is enough to finish the job.

The second lion claws and bites at the elemental, destroying chunks of it and it's barely remaining whole.

Edgar takes a swing at the elemental cowering to his feet, destroying it's legs and forcing it to crash into the ground as a second blow comes, cleaving the elemental down through it's center.

To save time, the last elemental crumbles into dust out of pure shame.

350xp for everyone.

Archmage1
2013-08-01, 06:48 PM
Seeing that she had accidentally gotten the lion as well, Eolande looks sad.
[in sylvan](hoping that the lion vaguely understands)
"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to blind you. Here, this might help."
Eolande casts prestidigitation, hoping to clean the lion, and help him see again sooner.

dantiesilva
2013-08-01, 06:53 PM
As the last elemental falls Milo lets out a breath of relief, if they kept on fighting things like this his skills would never be put to use with their stone skins it seemed his arrows could not punch threw far enough, even with his maneuvers to do much damage. Looking over to Eolande and Airis he let a small smile escape before it turned back to his somber expression. You both did great. Especially you Eolande with blinding it. Milo says keeping his promise to be nice to her to Airis as he then looked to her, And your blade never missed, if not for you, I do not think my arrows would have been able to get through its tough hide., Thank you. Milo says before looking at the remains of the other two elementals. Wow, talk about making pebbles out of them, what were those things by the way? Never saw one in the woods before. Milo says gaining a new respect for the man who could call on thunder to smite his enemies it seemed.

Archmage1
2013-08-01, 06:57 PM
Eolande turns to Milo, wondering what prompted the vicious little man's change of attitude, but none of that shows on her face, and she seems to smile with genuine pleasure.
"Thank you, Milo, All I did was distract it though, Airis and yourself are the ones that handled it."

Assuming the lion has recovered from his accidental blinding
"So... Can we leave, now?"

AlanBruce
2013-08-01, 06:58 PM
Gaston is amazed at the sheer amount of power displayed in the rhrone room: Bolts of lightning, fey glitter, webs of sheer magic.

Yet it was the giant that made itself of dream stuff that intrigued him the most.

He turns to look at Octopus and smiles.

"In retrospect, it wasn't such a terrible idea to come here, Mr. O. This is a very capable group. Congratulations."

Gaston then moves 20 ft down and taps his cane twice on the ground as his skin hardens, adopting a wooden texture.

Barkskin

dantiesilva
2013-08-01, 07:01 PM
But without your distraction it may have ended differently. Milo says with a smile. Before heading over towards the exit ready to leave this place.

Archmage1
2013-08-01, 07:02 PM
Eolande frowns, speaking softly, before flying slowly towards the exit.
"Maybe..."
She sounds rather doubtful.

lostsole31
2013-08-01, 10:16 PM
"Great teamwork," says Opee. "But it's time to exit now."

PersonMan
2013-08-02, 01:03 AM
Airis smiles. It seems that Milo was going to play nice with Eolande after all. That was good, she didn't want to have to deal with a jealous scout bickering with the half-fey all the time.

"Thank you. The timing on your attacks was very precise as well. I just hope we don't end up fighting more...those were elementals, big, annoying things that you can't properly impale and are hard to take down with a normal weapon," the duelist replies, pulling her hand along her rapier's blade to free it of dust from the elemental's internal...earth.

"I agree, Opee. I'm not sure if that was the entirety of the defense, but either way we should go,"

As Gaston changes his skin, Airis goes over (or up) to Eolande, smiling. "That was new. Thanks for the support and...how did you do that thing with the dust? Normally it would have hit me. Is it just that you have a very fine control over it?" The duelist asks, her rapier once again at her side, as always turned so that it's further from her than the hip that isn't bearing steel.

dantiesilva
2013-08-02, 01:16 AM
As Airis compliments him as well Milo only nods, not wanting to seem egotistical to her as well. Elementals....Well lets hope there are no more, I am running out of arrows. Milo says worried he may not have time to pick up more. Should I pick up any special kind of arrows to deal with them? Does a certain material work better then others? Milo asked worried as he makes his way over to the exit, staying close to Eolande and Airis, but letting them both know he was respecting there personal space.

PersonMan
2013-08-02, 01:20 AM
"I heard that there's...eh, I'm not sure what it's called in Outlander, but it's an incredibly hard metal that helps with things like that. It can go through walls of stone or monsters of stone just as easily," Airis says. "You can't recover the arrows you used here?" She asks after a moment, looking over at the pile of rubble that was once an elemental. "Although that could be rather difficult..."

Sliver
2013-08-02, 01:44 AM
The ground underneath you begins shaking and you realize that gathering up arrows may not be a wise idea at this point. As you leave to the surface, you notice that the elemental storms that you saw at the distance are now closer. Dangerously close.

More earth elementals begin to form behind you and you know that if you don't find a way to delay them or hasten yourselves, you could get caught between the storm and the elemental.

dantiesilva
2013-08-02, 01:52 AM
As Airis informs him that they are outlanders and that hard metals should be able to work against them milo nods. I will try to be better prepared next time, as for retrieving my arrows.... Milo says as the whole building begins to shake. Ok what was that! Milo says beginning to Panic, forgeting all about his arrows for the moment, they were probably destroyed after hitting the creatures anyways.

As Milo runs to the exit trying to get out he sees the storm and runs back inside. It looks like our exit is cut off, the storms are closer then they were before... Just then he sees the earth elemtnals forming behind them. and looks to Airis scared for the answers. He did not like feeling trapped like a rat, especially against things his arrows could not hurt.

PersonMan
2013-08-02, 04:00 AM
Airis is not happy with the situation. Instead of shutting down the defenses of the tower, taking the crystal seems to have unleashed a horde of elementals. Meanwhile, a storm was raging nearby, making direct exit...very difficult. Turning towards the still-forming elementals, Airis draws her rapier once more and, just as she inhales, calls forth a crimson light in her palm. Extending her arm, the duelist sends a bolt of focused energy at the elementals while they form, hoping to either stop the process or at least slow it down.

Worst case scenario, she'd at least soften them up a bit.

"We seem to be in a bit of trouble here. Do you know how many of those are coming? If it's only a few, we can fight them and hole up in here for the storm, otherwise...

What happens if we wake up? Will the dream crystal just sort of fall over? What about you, do you have a waking body?"

Airis asks and speaks without turning from her targets, simply firing again and again as long as the group doesn't have a plan.

Uh...not sure I need attack rolls.

A: [roll2]
D: [roll3]

A: [roll4]
D: [roll5]

AlanBruce
2013-08-02, 04:03 AM
Gaston shakes his head at the fallen elementals. although not from their plane, he knew they were servants to Obad Hai, or anyone that could muster the strength to call them.

However, his spell selection for the day was running short and to face more denizens from the Plane of Earth may be a bad idea.

"The storm can be bad, but you know what they say: lightning never strikes twice in the same spot. We could venture forth outside or head back in and not have to deal with the stone people. I have a spell that may ensure that, but I would require a consensus."

Gaston looks at Airis shooting at the reforming elementals.

No...that isn't the answer, child. But what can we do. Think Gaston. This is a ...dreamscape. Of course!

Gaston takes a few steps outside, looking at the incoming storms that would obliterate this place and all within.

Holding on to his trusty cane as the wind blows his grey hair upward, Gaston shuts his eyes for a few seconds.

Then, matter is molded from nothing. The wondrous properties of the Dreamscape respond to Gaston's wishes. After al, the villagers had it, why couldn't us?

A large square bubble with round corners pops into existence. The strain on Falcore's Reality too much for the aged cleric to handle as he coughs some blood on his hand.

He then turns at the rest.

"It is our only chance! This is a projection of the self. We can mold this place if need be..."

Gaston lets his cane drop as his legs shake. The strain too strong.

"G..go. What are you waiting for. It...it should be able to move."

the old man kneels on one leg as he reaches his trusty cane and wordlessly points again to the purple bubbly cube.

Sliver
2013-08-02, 04:45 AM
Airis shoots into the facility, causing some of the forming elementals to crumble. But more and more form and you know that it barely put a dent into their offense. "No, you must bring the dream crystal!" Falkore's voice is heard. "You can't take anything with you by waking up so far from the point of origin, and you could suffer massive backlash from trying to. It's too dangerous as anything but last resort."

And then Gaston concentrates, the knowledge he gathered from his stay at the village flowing into his mind as he extends his will outwards, forming a protective bubble around you, very much like a small version of the one back at the village. The first of the earth elementals reach you, but it seems that they are unable to cross through the threshold of the bubble. They stop at it's edge, unable to will themselves inside.

You begin moving away from Master's home, Edgar examining the shielding bubble with much interest, and some burning rocks from the elemental storm that is approaching fly towards you. As soon as they touch the border of the bubble, the fire dies out and the stone glances off, falling harmlessly a few feet away from it.

Gaston is clearly tired from keeping it up, but he manages to hold the bubble strong and solid. Sometimes it flickers and wobbles, but the elderly scholar manages to hold it nonetheless.

I'll give you a bit of time to respond and then we'll move back to the village.

1200xp reward.

+100xp Gaston
+80xp Eolande

PersonMan
2013-08-02, 05:15 AM
Yay, level up!

As Gaston creates the field, Airis looks at the man differently from before. It had been obvious, based on what he had done so far, that he was some sort of mage, but now she had more respect for him. Clearly he was more than the somewhat useful philosopher he seemed to be before. He had more power than that.

Offering the man support - the strain of keeping up the bubble must have been great, especially on one with a frail body - Airis looks to the others.

"Someone help him stand, I'm going to try and buttress the field," she says.

Once that's taken care of, Airis focuses, concentrating on the field around them and her own aura. Gathering her energy, all of the power she can muster and, inadvertently, her wings, the duelist presses her will outwards, attempting to reinforce the field. She lacked the experience the old man had gathered while in the dream world, but Airis hopes to take some of the burden from him and test her limits in the art of dream-bubble formation.

Sliver
2013-08-02, 06:08 AM
Airis concentrates, attempting to bend the Dreamscape to her will just as Gaston did. She soon feels the pressure building up as the Dreamscape threatens to force itself into her, consume her into the chaotic plane. She manages to pull out, barely, and the failed attempt shows. Clearly, Gaston is taking a tramendous task unto himself, one that you cannot mimic through simple observation and force of strength. And then you think of the huge protective bubble Falkore constantly maintains.

Airis is exhausted.

Archmage1
2013-08-02, 06:33 AM
When Airis flies up, and asks her about the dust missing her, Eolande smiles, happy to have helped Airis, and answers softly.
"Thanks, Airis. It is just a little bit of magic, really. Anyone could do it."

As the elemental swarms begin approaching, Eolande looks worried.
"That's... That's a lot of elementals. Maybe we could just run?"
She sticks close to Airis, trusting in Airis to save her, should the swarm of elementals reach them.

However, when Gaston summons a bubble of his own, Eolande looks on in amazement, surprised that any of them had the ability to mold this place. She then moves with Airis into the safe zone, and looks at Gaston, worried that he might kill himself with this.
"Gaston... How... This is amazing. Could you show me, later?"
When Airis tries to support the field, she looks on in awe. However, when Airis winces as the effect backlashes, Eolande forgets any ideas of helping Gaston, and flies to her side, hoping to help.
"Airis? Are... Are you ok? That was amazing, but..."

PersonMan
2013-08-02, 06:43 AM
Opening her eyes, panting heavily, Airis wonders how she's already sweating after just a few moments of exertion. Certainly, this task was beyond her power.

...For now.

As Eolande comes to her, the duelist smiles, exhaustion clear on her face. "I'll be alright, I'm just...fairly exhausted, actually. No danger, but don't challenge me to a race any time soon," Airis' reply is confident, if tired, and she seems to find humor in her situation. "Looks like that's beyond my reach at the moment. I think it's time for some introspection, one moment..."

Again closing her eyes, Airis this time turns her focus inwards, wings closing back into her form as she meditates, examine not only her most recent failure but also everything that had recently occurred. This is a good time to do so, the duelist feels. Despite the sudden exhaustion that she can feel deep in her bones, there's an undeniable current of power beneath it. Once again, Airis feels crimson energy flow through her, not repairing the temporary damage the plane of dreams had done, but solidifying her gains. Every battle comes before her mind's eye again, and she feels the slightest sway in her hips as she realizes the mistake she had made against the elementals. Steps of the grand dance suddenly attain new meaning, Airis sees connections between them that had evaded her before...

This time, as she reopens her senses to the outside, Airis wonders how much her perception could change. It felt not like moments, but almost like hours, within her mind, endless strength flowing from within her. That moment was over, but in its wake she felt stronger. Perhaps not in body, still weakened by her exertion as she was, but in her spirit. Smiling, seeming greatly refreshed despite the effort she needs to force her body to move, Airis stands from her cross legged sitting position. The others, Eolande especially, can see in her posture that something has renewed her strength and vigor, despite the clear fatigue.

Airis nearly asks a question of Gaston, but remembers the crushing force in her mind and decides to wait. Her respect for the man deepens after having felt the power of this plane. Here, at least, he was a titan in ways she could not hope to compare herself in. This man, and Falkhorn, possessed skills she hadn't even been aware of. Clearly, while she had just experienced, for the second time in her life, a glimpse into the infinite well of her potential that brought with it astounding breakthroughs, she had much to learn.

Luckily, Airis had always enjoyed a challenge like this.

Archmage1
2013-08-02, 07:47 AM
Now, that is a nice description of leveling up. Alas, I don't have time to do something similar, at least, not to the same level of awesome, anyway.

As Airis explains that she is fine, just tired, Eolande looks relieved.
"Can I help, somehow? I might be able to carry something for you."
Eolande moves in closer, meaning to try and help Airis move. Sadly, as they go, Airis does not really notice much of a difference, as Eolande is not really strong enough to make much of a difference.

As Airis mentions introspection, Eolande's mind, almost involuntarily, follows suit, perhaps helped by the magic of this place, but she can see the shapes of several new spells, and she wonders how she could have missed them before. New tricks flow into her mind, and her wards strengthen with new-found power, enhancing them considerably.

Looking at Airis, she sees something has changed. Some new wellspring of strength, perhaps? Eolande looks her over, slowly, liking what she sees.
"Airis? You look... different."

PersonMan
2013-08-02, 08:22 AM
Of course Eolande would be surprised. This would be the first time she had seen it, Airis thinks. In the past, she had considered it the best feeling she was capable of experiencing and, although it now had some competition from the half-fey's ministrations, it was obvious why. Even with the residual damage of the plane's effects, Airis feels wonderful. So wonderful, in fact, that it takes her a few moments to shake herself out of the warm glow of her own empowerment and back to the reality of Eolande's question.

"Yes, I probably do. This is...well, I don't think there's even a word for it in Aurelian, but it's something wonderful. It may not really kick in until I have time to rest up and recover from what trying to make the bubble did to me, but I'm stronger now. Permanently," Airis says, positively glowing as she speaks, in an amazing mood. Everything seemed so simple now. They would head back to Falconlore, give him the crystal, head off again to the real world and then press deeper into the continent. It would be easy to find whatever it is they were looking for and then...well, then she would have a whole new continent to explore, as if the Outlands weren't already large enough.

A small part of Airis knows that she's being incredibly optimistic, but stays quiet, content to let her bask in the glow of happiness.

Archmage1
2013-08-02, 08:30 AM
Eolande thinks to herself:
Hey... it looks almost like Airis is enjoying the afterglow, but... we didn't, I don't think...

At Airis's explanation, Eolande smiles, glad that she is happy.
"Airis, you look... happy. Tired, but really, really happy. Its nice to see."
Eolande hugs Airis, trying to demonstrate how she feels. However, when that fails, she jumps up once more, and kisses her.
"And good."

PersonMan
2013-08-02, 09:26 AM
Airis is dealing with a bit of internal conflict when Eolande jumps onto her.

First off, there's the aspect of how public the display of affection is. This is still the sort of thing the duelist is shy about, especially with the rest of their group being right there.

Second of all, Airis has been wanting to try and avoid creating a schism between Milo and them. A group split internally would be much weaker to outside threats. Part of this, seeing as the small man seemed to be interested in her, would be first stabilizing his opinion of Eolande and then finding a good way to turn him down nicely, but firmly, if need be.

Having Eolande jump onto, and kiss, her was not really helpful towards that goal.

Thirdly, there are Airis' feelings for the half-fey, which leap to the forefront at her touch, and of course the combined feeling of joy in the wake of her breakthrough in addition to that which such an act brought. In the end, it's this force that overpowers the duelist's intention of avoiding such obvious displays until the two had found somewhere more private.

As that is the case, Airis' response to Eolande's jump-and-kiss is to briefly reciprocate, before the half-fey pulls away to speak. For a few moments, Airis holds Eolande, one arm around her shoulders and the other beneath her thighs, but the exhaustion of her body becomes apparent when her muscles begin to ache.

"Unfortunately, although I still feel greatly refreshed, my earlier exertion is sticking with me," Airis says, letting the slim half-fey down. "I guess this is what it's like for you...it's been ages since I've lifted something and thought about how heavy it was," she says, grinning.

dantiesilva
2013-08-02, 10:27 AM
As Gaston formed one of those bubble things Milo looked on in shock and surprise. How could the old man do it, Milo woundered as he went to his aid immediately as Airis asked someone to help him. Sure he was not the strongest, but she did not ask anyone to carry him, only help him. And that was exactly what Milo did as they walked.

And as the silence soon grew Milo looked over towards Airis and noticed though her eyes were closed her body seemed to be changing, a red light seemed to be working its way from the inside out, and in moments Alex watched as it seemed she had failed at doing whatever it was she had tried, worried about her safety he gets ready to go over to her, but Gastons familiar weight reminds me that I could not go to her and so instead I had to deal with Eolande going to help her. Are you ok Airis? Milo asked a bit concerned after all without Airis would they be able to stand up to an enemy if the bubble were to fail? Milo thought to himself.

After some time Milo once again took a look over at Airis and Eolande, and he had to admit from back here Eolande looked just a bit more appealing then Airis. But she was to weak, she would not survive in his world, not like Airis. He told himself as both seemed to glow with an inner strength which only seemed to attract his attention more. Soon though they were kissing once more and Milo was brought back to reality grumbling, no longer remembering the sway of the half fey's hips. I don't think now is the time for that you two....Something about Gaston may not be able to hold this up all day, and still a long way to go until we reach our destination. Milo says trying to disengage them from kissing, hiding his jealously behind Gastons pain, though in his mind he was not sure what he was jealous of at this time.

AlanBruce
2013-08-02, 02:04 PM
Gaston, relieved that his plan worked and with everyone safe inside, coughs once more and then takes a handkerchief and gently cleans his mouth. The strain had nearly cost him his life, but at least, for now, everyone was safe.

As Milo helps him up, the old cleric uses his own feeble strength to get up with the aid of his cane.

"Thank you, Milo. I did what was necessary. To fight more elementals and face these... Dreamstorms. Well, the answer came after much deliberation. This is a Reality molded by the will of its inhabitants. Some have a higher will than others, but even that does not guarantee success. This was mere luck, nothing more. Although, I think we should all practice this once we are back at Falcore's, in a safer environment, should a situation like this one arise again."

Gaston watches from the corner of his eye as Eolande and Airis embrace and smiles internally.

Ahhh...youth. I had forgotten already.

dantiesilva
2013-08-02, 02:36 PM
As Gaston thanks Milo he simply nods his head. I don't think I will be able to do it, but I can try when we are there. Milo says.

Sliver
2013-08-03, 03:05 AM
After a while, you enter the field of dreams. Travel becomes more chaotic, but now Falkore's amulet is enough to shield you from the hazardous effects and you are able to focus on helping Airis and Gaston traverse the harder bits. After a few hours you see the village in the distance. Falkore meets you at the entrance.

"I am sorry, but... Circumstances changed." He says and turns to Edgar. "It's good to meet you, Edgar. I'm sure you will be a valuable addition to our village." Falkore shakes his hand and turns back to you. "Please take the crystal with you and give it to the Wizard..." He says and places his hand on Milo's head. Both their eyes begin to glow as Milo finds a rush of new information coursing into his head, marking itself on Milo's internal map.

"I have honored my end of the deal. Are you ready to leave?" Falkore asks and motions at a small magical circle made of crushed pearls.

"Wait." Edgar says and turns to the group. "Here, as I said, I want you to take it with you. It's power won't be as impressive in the real world, but once you tap into it's abilities, you will find that the material grows stronger along with you." He hands his large greataxe to his rescuer, Eolande, but it turns into a light club. It's purely white and looks like clay, but still hard to the touch. Eolande can feel some warmth radiating from inside. "It will take a day to attune. You don't use weapons, but you are the one who saved me. I'm sure whoever you choose to give it to will be worthy of wielding it."

AlanBruce
2013-08-03, 03:40 AM
Gaston bows to Falkore.

"I had hoped I could stay in your village and learn more about manipulating this reality. Alas, I believe it is time to leave. Thank you, sir, for the opportunity to visit such a wondrous place. I will be happy for now, however, if I do not have to deal with these storms for a few seasons. Congratulations, by the way, on maintaining this enormous field around the village. The one I conjured to shield us from the storms nearly killed me."

Gaston makes his way to the edge of the crushed pearl portal and sighs.

What a strange dream this has been...

He then turns to the rest, looking at Milo.

"I believe you are, once again, our guide, Milo. After you."

dantiesilva
2013-08-03, 10:08 AM
After a few hours of being inside the buble seeming to be just waiting for eternity Milo took the time to sharpen his arrows when not studying what Eolande was doing for Airis, making small mental notes of what seemed to work well. In time though they finally came to the entrance to the town and Falkore seemed to be meeting them at the gate. Odd I thought he had to stay in his room and concentrate to keep this barrier up. Milo said to himself as he walked inside the bubble, happy to be safe again.

Milo is happy that all the attention is not on him and as he turns around to speak with Eolande and Airis once more, and to thank Gaston he feels a hand from behind grip his head and then a searing pain as information seems to fill his brain forcefully as his eyes let out an erie glow. All he can see though is the internal map he had inside him of all the areas around his home. When Milo is finally able to open his eyes again it is clear the pain was great, someone forcing their way into his mind to place something there, he only hoped it had not caused any lasting damage. as he backed away to hide behind Airis as the man let him go, speeding away like an arrow fired from his bow.

You could have given me a warning or something. Not just grabbed me from behind. Milo says his voice shacky as he speaks from behind Airis. Though the pain had subsided the image remained, like a X being marked on a treasure map. telling him where they needed to go.

Archmage1
2013-08-03, 10:39 AM
Having made it back to the village, Eolande looks at the strange place one last time, trying to fix it in her memory, not wanting to forget such a strange trip.

When Eolande is passed the greataxe, she braces herself, expecting to be knocked over by the weight, but it transforms into a light club, which she was not expecting.
She looks to him, surprised.
"T...thank you, Edgar. I will try to find one that is worthy of it."

Sliver
2013-08-03, 10:43 AM
Falkore looks at Milo with a frown. "Odd. I have never encountered someone who felt pain or discomfort from the process. Most people enjoy the feeling of a rush of knowledge..."

To Gaston he returns the bow. "It has been our pleasure to have you for the last couple of weeks. May the skills you gained here be helpful in your quest."

PersonMan
2013-08-03, 02:30 PM
Airis is a bit disappointed that she can't practice forcing the dream plane to her will, but at the same time happy to be embarking on the next leg of their journey. It would be good to get back to the real world. Wandering a plane of dreams while her body was comatose was...somewhat disturbing. The faint fear that something has happened to her physical form nags at the duelist.

As Edgar gives Eolande the axe, Airis turns to him and nods, looking the minotaur in the eyes. "I hope you find your new life here to be fulfilling, Edgar," then, growing less serious, she winks at him. "Just try to avoid those ooze things, eh? You don't seem to fare all that well against 'em,"

As Milo runs around behind her, Airis is for a moment struck by the memory of herself, doing the same thing, long ago. Of course, this was different, as the small man was a man despite his stature. It seemed like the experience of having a map burned into his mind had not been a pleasant one. Airis would have considered asking to have the same knowledge, just in case something befell their scout, but in her condition, further mental strain was not a good idea. Well, probably. She wasn't an expert in dream planar mental-physics health.

Airis follows the old man to the circle, waiting for Milo to follow and, she hopes, take the lead. It would be no good for their trap checker to turn into a scared child.

Archmage1
2013-08-03, 03:22 PM
Eolande follows Airis into the ring, trusting that she would protect her.

dantiesilva
2013-08-03, 09:31 PM
Most people also normally know what they are in for, not something forced upon their mind. Milo replies watching Airis begin to walk away. Quickly he makes a beeline towards the circle and jumps in wanting to take a bite out of his golden apple and see if it was still golden and not black like on the dreamscape.

Sliver
2013-08-04, 01:14 AM
As you turn to leave, Gaston looks back at Falkore and apparently has a change of heart. "I believe I still have much to learn from you, and I already have learned some of this art of dream shaping. I wish to stay with your people, Falkore."

Falkore looks between Gaston and Octopus and shrugs. "If you are sure, we can always use the help." He replies and smiles.

Octopus gives Gaston a hug. "Farewell, old friend." He says and after you exchange farewells, you begin to enter the runic ring. As you enter, each of you vanishes out of the Dream World.

Falkore grabs at Octopus' hand before he is about to leave, keeping him for a moment as the rest of you are gone. "You should know... When I shared the knowledge with the halfling, there was resistance. It is why he felt the pain. His mind and soul are not synched... He is not alone in there."

Octopus nods. "I know."

You wake up around the same table, as if you never left. Airis feels better, although fatigued, and it seems that besides the expanded magic, you are exactly as you were before entering the realm of dreams. At least physically, as some of you feel empowered from the experience.

On the table is a feast. An assortment of fresh and salted meat and fish, water, milk, juices and alcoholic drinks, fruits and nuts. The stuff. A large layered cake sits in the middle of the table.

"Eat up. You weren't there for long, but the trip is quite taxing. Don't worry, it's not explosive, corrosive, poisonous or harmful in any way..." The Wizard says with an innocent smile, winking at Milo.

You notice that among the food a few items sit. The Dream Crystal, the journal, the white clay club and a small chest.

The Wizard turns to look at the crystal and picks it up. "I believe that is for me." He says. "Once you have eaten, you are free to leave." You hear a button is pressed and a part of the wall behind the Wizard opens, revealing the outside. It is dark, but the light of day begins to shine through.

Octopus slides some cooked beef, eggs and honey to him, as well as filling himself a mug of elven scented ale. He pours some honey on the beef and begins to eat. "We'll leave the city tomorrow, following the directions in Milo's mind. For now, enjoy. You'll have time to shop and stroll in the city if you want, but make sure you get a good night sleep."

dantiesilva
2013-08-04, 01:33 AM
As The old man Milo had helped back to the village says he will be staying behind Milo waves to him. May the shalm guide your path. before vanishing when he steps foot in the circle.

As he opens his eyes he is surprised to see a feast before them, but knowing better from last time he looks at the wizard who happily says it is ok to eat. With eager hands, and an empty stomach, unless you called what almost killed him food, he began piling all sorts of food onto the plate before him, lastly he goes into his bag searching for his apple.

As Milo reaches his hand into his bag and finds it empty of everything he had grabbed he looks at the wizard now understanding the wink. Has anyone seen my apple? It seems to have gone missing, and it would taste really good with this boar. Milo says staring directly at the wizard knowing he was the only one here.

Sliver
2013-08-04, 01:47 AM
The Wizard shrugs. "I guess I have enjoyed your visit less than I enjoyed the others' and decided to randomly punish you. My house, my rules." He says with a smile, as if daring the halfling.

dantiesilva
2013-08-04, 02:22 AM
Seems fair enough to me. I hope we have a visit at my house some time, I would love to teach you my rules. Milo says not happy his suspicions were confirmed. Though that did not stop him from eating the rest of the food that was infront of him, tasting a bit of everything.

Once he was full he looked over to Airis and Eolande. Airis I was wondering if I could borrow Eolande for a little bit. he says before turning and smiling at the half fey. I wanted to properly apologize to you and as a sign of that I was hoping I could perhaps get you a new dress, or maybe even a pair of shoes. Milo says kindly to her.

PersonMan
2013-08-04, 06:51 AM
"Well, you'd have to ask Eolande herself about it, but I'd have no problem with you two heading off for a while. There's something I'm going to get, which would work better if Eolande doesn't come along. You know, metal and all that," Airis replies. She doesn't like lying to the half-fey, even indirectly, but keeps her words about surprises in mind. Then, turning to Octopus, she asks something that's been on her mind since he mentioned sleep.

"Do we have a designated meeting place or anywhere specific we're staying the night?" With this off her mind, Airis takes large portions of food, especially the meat, already hungry after their dream escapades. She pauses briefly when taking something to drink, but after a moment she searches for any water or similar and takes some of that, avoiding anything alcoholic.

dantiesilva
2013-08-04, 07:37 AM
As Airis seems to be ok with him asking Eolande to go out with him for a small amount of time he turns to her beautiful body, paying a bit of attention to her violet hair, as he gets lost in her eyes before asking her. Well Eolande, would you allow me to apologize properly and come with me? I promise I will do everything in my power to keep you safe while you are in my care.

Archmage1
2013-08-04, 10:58 AM
As Gaston chooses to remain behind, Eolande is surprised, but she turns to wave goodbye, smiling, sad that the nice old man was choosing to go, but accepting of it.

After waking up, Eolande looks around, noticing her hunger, and the full table. When The Wizard makes his offer to them, she looks at him, and smiles.
"Thank you! It looks delicious."
However, she had more important things to do first, and she collects a handful of nuts, slowly feeding them to Jinn, before she reaches for some apple juice, some bread and honey, and several pieces of strange fruit, enjoying her meal. For some strange reason, an additional piece of fruit seems to vanish from the table when no one is looking.

When she finishes, and the sneaky hummingbird, and Jinn both finish, Eolande stands, collecting the club and the chest, and taking a brief look in the journal collected from the dream world. She places the club and the chest back in her bag, which had returned to her upon leaving the dream world.

When Milo and The Wizard have their little argument, Eolande mostly ignores it, but when Milo asks Airis if he could borrow her for a bit, Eolande looks to him in surprise. As for when he offers to get her a dress and shoes, she looks stunned. And pleased.
"A dress? For me? Really? Of course!"
She seems quite excited.
"Airis? Can you come? At least to the dress shop? It would be fun!"

dantiesilva
2013-08-04, 11:29 AM
Milo is pleased with himself as the look on Eolandes face shows both her being pleased and stunned, this would surly make Airis happy with him he thought as he listened to the half fey speak. I seem to have offend you the most so fr, and only wish to show my senserity in my apology, and as it looks like you need a new dress and shoes it seemed most fitting. Milo said looking at her tattered dress. And I also need to get a sunrod for the one I used and lost to repay my debt. he said looking and bowing his head at the large man known as Kalti.

Archmage1
2013-08-04, 11:50 AM
Eolande nods, still looking at Airis, not really wanting to be walking in a strange city, alone, except for Milo.
"You tried to kill Jinn. It was quite mean of you, to want to harm a poor, defenseless parrot, especially one as beautiful as he is. But... A new dress would be nice."

Archmage1
2013-08-04, 03:04 PM
Eolande then looks back to the wizard, as though she just remembered something.
"Wizard... Do you know what Raven Cove is? It was mentioned in a message."

PersonMan
2013-08-04, 03:37 PM
Airis mentally slaps herself on the forehead. How could she forget such a simple thing? Of course Eolande would love something like that! It was certainly a better idea than what her surprise was...Still, the duelist wants to complete her plan, if anything just to see whether or not the half-fey will like it. No matter her response, she could use it for other things as well.

Outwardly, Airis simply takes a sip from her now mostly empty mug of water, until Elande suddenly turns to her. Again, she wonders why she hadn't expected exactly this response. Going out to find a dress and dragging her along was perfectly within her normal behavior. Listen to me...'dragging me along', as if she isn't just asking Airis thinks, feeling guilty about how she had formulated her previous thoughts. Just because I have trouble saying no to her doesn't mean I should blame Eolande for it when I end up doing something I don't normally like. Who knows, maybe it'll end up being better than I expected? Through this line of thought, Airis comes to imagine what the trip will be like, if she is there and if she isn't, eventually coming across a thought she hadn't considered before. Wait, what if...ooh, if Milo intends to use this as a chance to...well, he does seem to be that type.

With this thought, and the accompanying surge of possessiveness, Airis' decision is sealed. Not that it wouldn't have been simply by Eolande begging a bit. The duelist ends her considerations with a nod before she speaks.

"Ah...sure, I guess I could come along, if you'd really like me to. At some point, maybe after we find a place to spend the night, I need to take care of some things you can't really come along for, but apart from that there's no problem," the duelist says. Just as she finishes, Airis realized that this would mean that she could end up being pressed by Eolande into trying on such clothing.

The things love can bring me to do... she thinks, resigning herself to potentially finding herself wrapped in a silken dress or similar. Hopefully it would be over quickly. Sure, seeing Eolande wearing something new would be quite nice, but Airis would be happy with simply seeing her new finds after the fact. Still, she wasn't about to go back on her word once she agreed to accompany her.

Archmage1
2013-08-04, 04:31 PM
When Airis agrees to come along, Eolande smiles in delight, very pleased that Airis was coming. She almost looks like a child who's mother agreed to get ice cream for her.
"Yay! Thank you, Airis. It will be fun, you'll see!"
She turns to the others, eagerness in her eyes.
"Can we go now?"

Eolande would hug Airis, but Airis is not nearby, alas.

PSinger
2013-08-04, 04:38 PM
The silver bubble's formation likewise has an effect on Kalti. Internal, snaking lines of silver energy pierce into him every now and then.Think of a van de Graff...His muscles seem taut all over ... not as a warrior taking joy in the flexing of them ... but the pain of someone suffering muscle-fatigue Charlie horses all over. His breathing likewise becomes tight and labored (though not loudly so as he refuses to indulge in the pain). The fastest land-mover now lopes with his extra arms no more quickly than Milo.

People will likely try to assuage his pain, but he holds back his wounded animal nature enough to wave them off. The pain is too much for him to speak, and physical contact might make him lash out ... and he knows it.Also, because the turbo-IC was so drastic that there needs to be some way of reconciling a lack of interaction, and this is the best plan I can cook up.

When it is time for Gaston to go and there is no longer need to walk, Kalti simply nods while going into a crouch more reminiscent of a standing fetal position.

"Soul energy from dreams ... too much. Better back home." This is all he can muster.

But when the group wakes up, he is better. But better doesn't mean well. It just means better. He definitely seems to be a man in pain, though not drastically debilitated. His gorgon mask and girallon arms, however, are incredibly bright as if looking directly at torches. At the table, he looks to the wizard. "Please ... let me touch the crystal. The conduit might .... send this excess ... back to where it came from."

PersonMan
2013-08-04, 04:49 PM
Airis, now not as caught up in her own exhaustion, takes some concerned glances at Kalti after they awaken. Having no real skill with healing and infinitely less at dealing with an excess of soul energy(?) as well as little to no understanding of the strange man, she lets him fend for himself. After all, she had been in a very similar situation earlier...no doubt he wouldn't want to be coddled when he seemed to know precisely how to solve his problem.

As Eolande expresses her desire to leave immediately, Airis wonders again how the half-fey can retain such a joyful demeanor after what has happened to her.

"Sure, I don't see an issue with going now," Airis says, seeing as she has probably received a reply to her earlier question in some until later unspecified time before the present. "Just...refrain from public displays of your affection, please? I don't really feel comfortable with that, especially in a huge city," she requests.

Archmage1
2013-08-04, 05:14 PM
Eolande looks to Kalti with concern, but, alas, has no idea how to help him, and is distracted by the excitement of going clothes shopping, something that she has not been able to do for years.
"Ok, let's go then!"
Eolande moves to collect Airis, trusting Milo to follow along, before stopping abruptly.
"Um... does anyone know where a nice dressmaker's is?"

Eolande will be quite scared while walking through the city, as a warning

lostsole31
2013-08-04, 07:02 PM
Opee is horrified (seems to be happening a lot lately) at Kalti's condition, but can't help marveling at Gaston's power and the dream bubble. Still, he turns to the group and says, "Stay away from Kalti. I'm not sure what's happening, but this probably has something to do with Kalti's connection to soul energy and binding powerful spirits."

He stays as close as he dares to his poor friend as they travel. "This is beyond simple pain and exhaustion. It seems that the energy that was held off by unconscious will was lensed by Gaston's bubble. Dreams are a part of the soul's own detritus that is shed by a sentient; we need dreams to keep our souls - and our minds - rejuvenated. Dreams are a means of 'pruning the tree' so to speak.

"Kalti's abilities depend on soul energy no longer used by the original counterpart, and the binding of very powerful spirits. The Dreamscape's function is a container for most of this energy that otherwise would run rampant in the world - a kiln for a hot fire, vice a forest.

"Well, guess what ... the soul energy of this plane that seeks a different container has found one thanks to Gaston's otherwise helpful evocation. That container is Kalti.

"Gaston, thank you for everything. This last great ability saved everybody, but now it's time to save the one. People, not a moment to lose. Once we get back we'll sever that connection and he'll be able to recover with rest.

"Otherwise, his mortal body won't be able to hold the energy. He'll die ... Horribly."

Once back at the banquet table, Opee looks over at Kalti. He nods to him as Kalti seems much better. Short-lived relief as Kalti's incarnum melds begin to grow bright - much brighter than they should; bright enough to show that this is Wrong.

Opee looks at a loss. "It's .... it's some kind of overload. I don't know what-"

[Kalti pleads as below...]

Syreth, protect him ... and maybe us.
Back to you, buddy. Our turn to briefly turbo post.

dantiesilva
2013-08-04, 10:23 PM
Milo listens to Opee as they are all warned about Kalti, after all he did not want to become food.

I am ready whenever you two are. As for a nice dressmaker, I know where to find nice clothes. Hoping that would help.

Sliver
2013-08-05, 12:20 AM
The Wizard looks at Kalti with intrigue, but as the man requests for the crystal, he frowns. "It's a source, not a conduit. I doubt you have more energy than it does. The energy will overpower you and who knows what would happen to you next. I'm not too curious to kill you for the sake of finding out." Without a word, he stands up and walks through the curtains and out of the room.

lostsole31
2013-08-05, 06:07 AM
Co-piloted plot written by Paul and I, green-lighted by Sliver, and posted by myself.
Opee is momentarily taken aback by the Wizard's quick exit. Perhaps the Wizard was right, but to walk out blithely was to let him die.

The energy in and around Kalti gets enough out of control it begins to affect the environment. A strange thrumming sound begins to crescendo, platters and tableware clatter, the chandelier shakes violently, and bright light flashes with something like an energy vortex centered on him. As the sounds of energy get to be so loud as to force any speech to be a shout, Kalti's melds screech away into the vortex surrounding him. Blue blasts of energy lick about the room, blasting bits of wall, food, and the chandelier is shattered. The turkey is splattered everywhere.

Kalti screams horrifically, again and again, and it looks as though his arms and legs - all at maximum extension - are going to be ripped out of his body.

Opee looks over towards to Eolande as the flashing is nearly blinding and the now thunderous roar is unbearable. Opee opens his hand and shouts to concentrate through the storm and the white club zips into his hand, propelled towards him by an unseen force. No sooner does it go into his hands then he stabs forth in the opposite direction and nails Kalti right in the chest.

There is a tremendous air-sucking sound as a vacuum is temporarily created at that part of the room and all of the energy suddenly rushes into Kalti with no persistent effect. A bench smashes and the ceiling and the nearby wall buckles even as Opee slams into Kalti. But that event is brief and there is one sound of a metal platter on the ground, rolling flatwise on its edges. Roll ... roll ... roll ...rollrollrollroll-clatterclatterclatterclatterclatter.

Opee looks up to Kalti, and Kalti down to him. Both are panting heavily from the exertion and stress of the situation, and in that silence Opee is almost ready to pull away ....

FA-WOOOOOM!!!!

A sudden blue-energied concussive blasts out from the epicenter of the two of them. The violence of it is phenomenal (and likely throws everyone back and prone). Kalti smashes through a marble pedestal with the pottery on top shattering it as the pedestal is snapped in half, and he continues to hit the stone wall with an incredible cracking noise even as a large tapestry falls atop of him to cover him.

The only sound heard at this point is the clattering of a wooden club that rolls towards Eolande. Following this is the hissing of the heat on it going from white to yellow to orange and red and finally the hiss goes away and the white club is normal again.

There is a groaning sound from the opposite side. Opee seems to have been smashed through a wooden cabinet. His hands are visible at first as he pulls himself through. What comes next is a baleful sight. Opee exits with a large, splintered piece of the cabinet door sticking right through the halfling's chest. He looks at the long jagged piece of wood in his chest (that extends well past his back).

"That isn't right..." he says as his face, mixture of pain and curiosity, play across his face. He stumbles cross-footed towards the group for a few steps, wobbles for a second or two, and then slams into a genuflection on his left knee. His mind is long beyond normal comprehension, and for about two seconds he looks up and his arms seem to move as if he were swimming.

Then he falls on his left side, eyes open.He is at -1 hit points. The challenge, can you save him before he dies, without actually killing him yourselves?

Any healing magic or spell would only give him time, but he would immediately hit -1 hit points the round after putting him 0 hit points or above as the wood is through his lung and heart. If brought to consiousness for one round, he still won't have the strength to cast spells. Obviously, maneuvers or the like won't work. You have to remove the piece of wood first before you can heal him.

Only two people can help in a given round (any more would get in the way) - one to Aid, and one to perform the actual effect. The way to save him is as follows:

1) Heal DC 25 to manage to remove the shrapnel with no damage.
*** A Heal DC 20 removes the shrapnel but does 1 hit point of damage to him in addition to round-by-round bleeding.
*** A Heal DC 15 does not remove the shrapnel, and does 2 hit points of damage from agitation.
*** A Heal DC 10 does not remove the shrapnel, and inflicts a whopping 4 points of damage.
*** A Heal DC of 5 or less kills Opee outright.

2) Another way still involves a Heal skill check for the primary. There's no way around that. This is surgery, not luck. But the person Aiding can using the following flat Ability score rolls (no skills except Heal, as above):
*** Strength, to be able to pull the wood out with force since it is stuck inside of him. Trying to just pull the piece of wood out with brute force will kill him outright, but doing so steadily might help.
*** Dexterity, to be deft of hand and hand-eye coordination. No, Sleight of Hand doesn't work.
*** Intelligence, to be able to figure out how to guide it out analytically.
*** Wisdom, which is really the same as saying an untrained Heal check.

An Aid roll of DC 10 provides the normal +2, and a DC 20 Aid provides a +3 Aid benefit.

Again, the primary has to use Heal, but the Aid can use Heal or the ability score check. Trying to destroy the wood is a bad idea, because it only destroys the exposed pieces and the wood inside now becomes trapped. This increases all DCs by +5.

It is only after the wood is removed can steps be taken with Heal checks (no longer any other ability score checks) to stabilize Opee, which means yet another round. Again, only one person can Aid the main healer.

I'm pretty sure that Airis is the best healer, but then again I don't know about Milo. Eolande's WIS is a nose-dive and I'm pretty sure she has no ranks in it. However, I'm also pretty sure that she has a higher DEX than Milo, and it is higher than her INT. This means that the best combo (barring surprises from Milo) is Airis as primary Heal, and Eolande with DEX.

Once (if) the wood is removed, it is straight-up DC 15 stabilization check (or some other standard ability such as magical healing). At this point - as I'm sure Milo the Scout has a better WIS than Eolande (and possibly ranks in Heal) - the half-fey should step back and let Airis and Milo work.

Though we'll keep a numbered total, IC you'll know that you've lost when you smell excrement and urine as Opee voids.

Welcome to the stress of combat triage and field surgery. Be careful not to turbo post over each other.

Begin! :smallredface:

Archmage1
2013-08-05, 06:41 AM
Seeing the Wizard refuse Kalti's request for the dream crystal, Eolande feels a sense of mounting disaster, and, sadly, she was right.
As Kalti explodes, Eolande looks horrified, and tries hiding behind Airis, which is almost enough, at least, until the final detonation, which throws both of them back, and Airis lands heavily on her, causing her to cry out in pain.
As the club rolls towards her, glowing red hot, Eolande tries to get Airis to stand once more, but she seems to be stunned by the blast. She can only watch in horror as the club rolls closer, and closer.
However, when Opee comes out, her eyes go wide as she sees the splinter.
"Opee..."
She whispers, horrified that the injury done was so severe, and she runs over to him.
"No... no... no... We need to get this wood out, and soon! I can help guide it, but... So much blood..."

Eolande will use INT, for aid another, as her int is higher than her dex(and equal to her cha, but meh)
[roll0]

dantiesilva
2013-08-05, 09:02 AM
Milo has no ranks in heal, and only a +5 modifier in dexterity...Looks like this is all up to Eolande and Airis.

It was short burst of thought but as Milo saw the wizard leave the room he began to slowly move, as Kalati began to scream, whether it was between a rage or pure pain Milo was not sure, nor did he want to find out as he tried escaping the room. To bad he had not moved quicker as his body was propelled into the nearest wall getting hit in the head by a few odd objects before falling down. Seeing what had happened to Opee after his eyes cleared he looks to Airis and Eolande. I can't help, maybe the wizard.... he says running out of the room in search of him.

PersonMan
2013-08-05, 02:13 PM
Airis shakes her head, hoping to clear the ringing from her ears and the blurring from her vision. Sitting up, she realizes that her body is mostly numb and, standing slowly, she then notices that Eolande is doing something. The duelist shakes her head again, then closes her eyes briefly, pulling her energy together in the briefest of meditative trances. A moment later, her eyes reopen, once again focused. What they see is...well, much worse than what Airis had expected. Luckily, what seemed to be blood was turkey and sauce, so she was reassured that the explosion had not been Kalti's body erupting. Unfortunately, Opee seemed to be, well...almost dead.

Seeing Eolande, with her usual amazing speed, rush into action, Airis follows, noting Milo's hurried statement and his departure. Wishing now that she had spent more time on the healing arts with the small man that now lay dying, she rushes to him, mind flashing back to what she had done before...Of course! Jace's gift to them would, it seemed, come to be useful once again.

Hurriedly opening the pouch, not noticing that the two goodberries she had used before were back, Airis presses one between Opee's lips and works his jaw. That was, based on how it had saved Milo, enough for the magic to work and keep him from dying.

Now...well, now came the hard part. Simply stuffing the small man with further magical healing would probably eventually shove the wood from his chest, but Airis is wary of doing so. What if a piece broke off inside him and became surrounded? It would be a terrible fate for him. So, instead, she carefully puts her limited experience to work and tries to extract it, following Eolande's advice exactly.

Unfortunately for her, working on instinct and following instructions don't mix well. Airis releases a surge of syllables that, if Kalti is still conscious, the man would recognize as intense swearing. "Give me something to hit and I can heal him fine! I'm not a medic!"

Yay, goodberry!

Opee is healed for 1.

Heal: [roll0]

EDIT: Crap.

Sliver
2013-08-05, 02:24 PM
Well, the goodberry doesn't buy much time, since by the time Airis tries to heal, Opee is at -1 again and now he is at -5.

As Milo runs through the curtains, he almost crashes into The Wizard, who seems to hold a deep bowl covered in magical runes as he rushes back to the room. "What happened? I was bringing this to drain the warrior of excess energy..." He stops and looks at the mayhem that happened, speechless.

Octopus stands up, somewhat rattled yet still keeping a calm demeanor, and moves closer. "That was unexpected..." Octopus says as he looks at the hurt Milo. "Eolande, allow me? Airis, now do your best to follow my instructions."

Aid another for Octopus, the intelligence option, +1 extra for every 5 beyond 10. He is that good of an instructor.

[roll0]

Well, not his best. +5 to the Heal check.

Archmage1
2013-08-05, 02:28 PM
You know, if he has an int of 50, he could probably do something more useful...
Eolande, grateful to be able to not be near all the blood, her skin tingling painfully where she had gotten some on her, backs away, keeping an eye on Airis, and finding some clean tablecloth to wipe her hands on.

dantiesilva
2013-08-05, 02:36 PM
AS Milo runs out the curntain and almost crashes into the wizard he quickly explains what was going on and that he could not help but maybe the wizard could. Thats when he saw his employer go down and replace Eolande to help. Not wanting the fey to see what was going on he was sure Milo went over to her and tapped her to on the shoulder. Want to go see the animals? Or go play in the garden? He asked softly doing the only thing he knew he could do, which was keep Eolande out of the way.

Archmage1
2013-08-05, 02:41 PM
Surprised by the touch on her shoulder, Eolande jumps, and whirls around, even while she darts away. After a moment, she recognizes Milo, and relaxes. Slightly.
"Milo? You scared me."
As he offers to take her to play with the kittens, Eolande is sorely tempted, but, after a few moments, shakes her head.
"We were going to go shopping before this happened. What if something like this happens the next time I am feeling hopeful, and looking forwards to something?"
She seems rather subdued, especially compared to what she was when the possibility of dress shopping came up.

PersonMan
2013-08-05, 02:42 PM
Airis begins to panic...for a moment. Then she slips into her duelist's calm and all emotion is washed away for the time being. Now was time to act. Opee's life hung in the balance. Again, the duelist does her best to follow precisely the instructions given, this time by Octopus.

This time it works, and she pulls the wood free, hands covered in his blood. "You...you should become a field medic," Airis says to Octopus, surprisingly calm for the situation, reaching into the goodberry pouch with her slightly less bloodsoaked hand.

No matter the result, she feeds the bleeding halfling another goodberry.

Heal: [roll0] + [roll1] (if result is high enough for it to help...man, PbP makes these rules so weird)

Sliver
2013-08-05, 02:46 PM
Airis feeds their healer another goodberry, not realizing that his wound is bleeding at about the same rate that the berry is healing. But she attempts to follow Octopus' instructions as best as she can and she manages the pull out the splinter wooden stake and causing only minor scrapings as she does so.

At least you know Opee is probably not a vampire.

Opee is at -7 or -8.

[roll0] 1-10 stable at -7, otherwise dying at -8.

lostsole31
2013-08-05, 02:52 PM
Opee's stabilization check. 1-10 is a success. [roll0]

PSinger
2013-08-05, 03:09 PM
With the high-stress of the life-saving efforts of the team, a different stimulus takes place. On the other side of the room, there is the loud, deep growl of a great cat. It is not a sound that a human voice could possibly make, at least not at that volume for the rumbling.

A creature comes blasting out of the wall, shredding the tapestry with its two claws. A great indentation in the wall where a body was throw into the mid-height of the wall and was stuck there. Something akin to what Kalti looked like jumps forward with a great leap into the center of the room, giving a great roar like a gorilla. He thumps his chest with large hands, and then "WHUMP!" the fists get slammed into the ground, causing great cracks.

It is Kalti. He still has his face brand/tattoo of shame (gray glutton), as well as his various other tribal tattoos and brands. His white shock no longer exists in his black hair, which itself is now an absolutely reflectionless black. Instead of 5'8" and 200 pounds, he is now an incredibly muscled 6'7" and 280 pounds. His black skin is now a deep, deep shade of midnight blue. With "black" being more of a descriptive term than a actual color for his people, it is important to note that his skin is actually darker than before. The faintest silver traceries and lines are seen, only on closer inspection, upon his tattoos and brands (but not his shame mark).

He currently has no incarnum meld. (So, no hair shirt, girallon arms, or gorgon mask).

So changed is he, it is as if he is a creature no longer of this world, but one of the Dreamscape or some other realm brought forward.

Archmage1
2013-08-05, 04:53 PM
Hearing the sound of rumbling coming from the wall, Eolande quails, and backs away as far as she can. She is still moving when the strange creature appears. Not knowing what it is, Eolande tries to back away, but, alas, has nowhere else to go, and so, she tries to become a wallflower. As she fails, she, at long last, recognizes Kalti, and wonders what happened to him...
But, so changed, she was not going to approach the changed man.

dantiesilva
2013-08-05, 10:01 PM
Seeing the creature that was Kalti and Knowing Airis could not help them Milo quickly stepped infront of Eolande. Sure he would not be able to do much, but he could at least buy time if it tried to attack. Inside Milo was full of fear, but on the outside Milo was a trained marksmen, hand on an arrow behind his back, and his bow pointed down, showing no threatening movements unless Kalti was to charge.

Milo will fire if he thinks him and Eolande are in danger from Kalti.

Sliver
2013-08-06, 03:26 AM
The Wizard ignores the damage Kalti further delivers to his home. "Fascinating..." He says and examines the monstrosity in front of him.

Airis quickly shoves another berry into the halfling's throat. This time, his wound seems to clot and stabilize. "He is still in a bad condition..." Octopus notes and stands up, turning to Kalti. "Do you understand that? Your friend is injured and we don't have the ability to treat him." He prods, looking for a sign of realization from Kalti. "You have to take him to get treated..." "Jinn can lead you." The wizard interjects. "Right... Can you do that? Follow Jinn so Opee can be treated?"

PSinger
2013-08-06, 11:05 AM
Kalti stands straight up to his full height (wow) and walks towards Opee, heedless of the soft halfling and half-fey if they don't get out of the way. He's not charging, he's just not moving around. At least if they don't move themselves, Kalti will give just a little shove.

He scoops Opee up even as Kalti's girallon arms reform to help. His hide shirt and gorgon's mask are next.

He nods to Jinn. "Lead the way."

Kalti's voice was a bass-baritone before, but now it is a basso-profundo, with a deep resonance and a strange undercurrent of a rumbling. It is as if part of his voice is channeled from somewhere else so much as all coming from him. Something about the undercurrent, which you sense more than necessarily hear, reminds you of something elemental that you can't quite pinpoint.

Sliver
2013-08-06, 11:44 AM
Jinn flies up from Eolande's shoulder and Octopus, noticing the cue from The Wizard, throws a pouch that the parrot catches in his talons. "Follow!" He sqawks and flies off, Kalti at his back with Opee.

"Well... That was interesting... Is there anything else I can do for you?" The Wizard asks as he looks at his ruined chambers.

dantiesilva
2013-08-06, 11:47 AM
As the giant man stands to his full height and begins walking their way to get to Opee Milo slowly moves out of his way, always keeping himself between him and Eolande. Airis would blame him if she got hurt after all he was sure of it.

After the giant man leaves with Opee Milo lowers his bow, visibly trembling as he puts it back on his back. What the hell was he thinking, he would not have even slowed him down if he wanted to get by. Milo thought as his mind was in utter chaos that had happened. It seemed he could not even talk how scared he was, though he had not soiled himself this time.

Archmage1
2013-08-06, 11:49 AM
As Kalti leaves, Eolande relaxes, moving towards the table, stepping carefully to avoid getting the mess on her shoes, and retrieves the journal that was left behind. She then looks to the wizard, and asks the question on everyone's mind.

"Um... Do you have any idea why Kalti changed, and exploded?"