PDA

View Full Version : Planning for Utopia - Genesis

Eddy Jazzhands
2013-07-11, 11:35 AM
In an upcoming campaign I'm going to be playing a Wizard who's endgame goal is to create and rule over a utopian society within a demi-plane of his own creation. I've spoken with the DM about it and he's okay with it as long as I do so strictly RAW. My goal is to make it completely livable and independent of outside help after 2 years in game time, save for imported/exported luxuries.

My current plans include:
1: Convince a Plantation Owner to swear himself and his workers to my rule.

2: Persuade a Druid Coven that Neighbortonia is planning on destroying their forest, and that my Demi-Plane is their only hope for continued safety

3: Steal an entire Castle to rule from.

What I need are some more ideas on how to make this work? Having Genesis Cast as often as possible leaves me with 6318.5 Acres of Plane per year or 2 and 1/3rd Acres per week. Druids give me a means of creating/expanding vegetation, and the Plantation workers give me a means to eat crops and herds cattle but what of Stone and Metal outside of "Wall of Stone/Iron"? Note that this is an END OF GAME Goal that I'll be working towards for most of the campaign on the side. I'll also need tips on actually stealing a castle.

Fouredged Sword
2013-07-11, 12:36 PM
Well, lets get started.

Be a wizard, check. - 1st level

Get access to craft wonderous objects, check - 3rd level.

Get access to the genesis spell, check - some level.

Cast genesis, then build a spelltrap that casts genesis each round.

Disable it when your plane is big as you like.

Get access to the true creation spell -

Build a spelltrap of true creation to build whatever you want for your demiplane.

Start handing out immigration paperwork at a nic port city and screening immigrants.

Sapreaver
2013-07-11, 12:42 PM
Well, lets get started.

Genesis takes a week to cast and you need to cast it for 8 hours each day during that week..

Why noy make constructs for the menial tasks rather than rely on someone for food, you could also use create food traps.

Lyre of Building can help you construct a nice castle and you can get a lot of them, but be sure to find someone to play them(dc 18 perform) also house for people. Greenery can be created with arboreal transformation and a lot of mice. :)

Grinner
2013-07-11, 12:42 PM
Well, lets get started.

Be a wizard, check. - 1st level

Get access to craft wonderous objects, check - 3rd level.

Disable it when your plane is big as you like.

Get access to the true creation spell -

Build a spelltrap of true creation to build whatever you want for your demiplane.

Start handing out immigration paperwork at a nic port city and screening immigrants.

Step 9: Slaughter immigrants and raise them as awakened skeletons.

Gavinfoxx
2013-07-11, 12:46 PM
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aG4P3dU6WP3pq8mW9l1qztFeNfqQHyI22oJe09i8KWw/edit

What do you think of that? And the things which link from that in there... like the airship bit, for example.

SethoMarkus
2013-07-11, 01:26 PM
It really depends on your alignment and how you want to rule over them. If you've become well-known through the world as you level up, and you're fairly Lawful-Good leaning (in that half of the spectrum at least), I don't see any reason why you wouldn't attract settlers naturally through the promise of a better, safer life.

As far as generating a livable space, I was under the impression that the spell automatically created a landscape as per the caster's desires, so dirt/mountains/rock/plains to build on are already present, but I suppose you would have to either sacrifice some of the spell's area to create stone and ores, visit the elemental plane of earth, use creation spells, or import extra metal and stone for construction purposes.

I'm not sure how druids would react to such a demi-plane. On one hand, it isn't "natural" so I could see some druids being against living in such a space, while on the other hand I could see some druids wanting to help nature flourish and grow in the new lands created...

Stealing a castle might be more difficult than it is worth, especially when you can build/create a castle of your own by the levels that you are talking about. Leadership feat with a Warforged Bard cohort wielding several Lyres of Building is the fastest way to build anything. (Or, just hire/befriend/dominate a construct with Perform).

Imported seeds and careful use of the spell Plant Growth can create a fairly dense and vibrant forest over the course of several years, and I'm sure there are other Druid shenanigans to speed up the process. You can also talk with the DM and take a risk with an item like this (http://brightwater.weebly.com/dampd-ultimate-bag-of-beans.html).

All said and done, I'm sure that you'd be able to find plenty of people to willingly follow you into the demi-plane and form a Utopia. I don't think deceit is really needed, as that would most likely backfire eventually, defeating the purpose of the Utopia.

Eddy Jazzhands
2013-07-11, 02:29 PM
My wizard is going to be LE as far as alignment details go.

Castle Theft would probably be more of an exercise of power than a necessity. Due to being in a homebrew setting, Warforged Bards may not be available.

Gavinfoxx
2013-07-11, 02:45 PM
My wizard is going to be LE as far as alignment details go.

Castle Theft would probably be more of an exercise of power than a necessity. Due to being in a homebrew setting, Warforged Bards may not be available.

Did you read the Mechonomicon? My post-scarcity handbook? Tippy's guide to the tippyverse? My airship guide? The cost reduction handbook? Etc. etc.?

mregecko
2013-07-11, 02:54 PM
Just read the Tippyverse posts. It's basically a wizard-controlled Utopia and how to create/run it.

Eddy Jazzhands
2013-07-11, 03:03 PM
Did you read the Mechonomicon? My post-scarcity handbook? Tippy's guide to the tippyverse? My airship guide? The cost reduction handbook? Etc. etc.?

Not many of those, but I did give the link you posted a quick once over, but it's a lot of information to go through. My main focus is creating the basis, and then going for immortality so that I have all the time in the Planes to develop futher.

Any reccomended feats for such a goal? Leadership and Craft Wonderous Item are definitely going to be two of them, but any other necessities in Feats that I should be grabbing?

Gavinfoxx
2013-07-11, 03:14 PM
Craft Construct and Craft Wondrous Items are the two big ones. Also access to Cloistered Clerics, Trapsmiths, Archivists, Druids, etc.

Basically... you have a lot of reading to do!

Chronos
2013-07-11, 06:23 PM
Having Genesis Cast as often as possible leaves me with 6318.5 Acres of Plane per year or 2 and 1/3rd Acres per week.
Not sure how you got that figure-- Subsequent castings give you a linear increase to the radius, not the area. That means that the area grows quadratically, so every casting will give you more area than the previous one. Your first casting will give you some amount of area, then the second one will give you three times as much area as the first one did (bringing you to a total of four times the area), then the next will be five times (total of 9), then 7 times (total of 16), and so on.

Eddy Jazzhands
2013-07-11, 06:58 PM
Not sure how you got that figure--....

Lazy Math.

kreenlover
2013-07-11, 10:09 PM
Didn't pay attention in the Grade 11 Sequences+Series unit