PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Best Druid Animal-Shaman Archetype

JeenLeen
2013-07-11, 03:57 PM
In a Pathfinder game we're doing, one character is making a (probably half-elf) druid. I'm helping her build her character. As a new player, we decided it's best if she not have an animal companion for ease of play (plus we don't need the druid more powerful), so we're taking a domain instead.

When looking at the ACFs/archetypes available for druids, the ability the different animal shamans get at level 2 (Totem Transformation) look really good, but I'm having a hard time weighing which is the best given that it makes it how you wild shape better into forms affiliated with your totem. I'm looking at Eagle Shaman because it can give flight as a totem transformation. Between the domain limits, a favored shifting type, and what the transformations give, can anyone give me advice on which ones are better or which are just bad?

(Also considering just a normal druid with the Eagle Domain, since that gives Fly as a level 3 domain spell.)

Drothmal
2013-07-11, 05:06 PM
I don't know much about the subject, but it is my understanding that Saurian shaman is one of the best options since dinosaurs are the only animals that have high CR entries (most other non magical beast animals cap around 8-10, so with your +2 to that specific wildshape, you have reached your best form at lvl 6-8)