PDA

View Full Version : Converting a non-d20 character to Pathfinder

Dusk Eclipse
2013-07-11, 05:54 PM
I have a character in Anima Beyond fantasy whose fighting schtick is to fight apparently unarmed; but as he is about to strike he projects his Ki, increasing the damage done.

Anyway as I was reading Pysren's Guide to the PF Soulknife, I thought it would be cool to try and re-create this character within the PF ruleset hoping I can use it in the near future (either in a PbP or hopefully a real-life campaign).

Now I am not that versed in PF and since the handbook hasn't rated feats yet, I would like to hear some opinions.

So far I am thinking on going pure SK with the Nimble Knife Archetype and focusing on TWF. While I know it might be sub-optimal I have decided to avoid the Gifted blade archetype, because it looses psychic strike and thus Knife to the Soul (I have this awesome mental image where the character grabs his enemy's head and projects his soulblade directly into his mind, rending apart his psyche).

So any thoughts on this?

Psyren
2013-07-11, 08:20 PM
Nimble Blade is pretty good because you become basically Dex-SAD, particularly since you get the Agile property on both weapons. Free Pirahna Strike is great too. You can certainly go for a Psychic Strike-KttS build - you'll be solidly T4, doing damage on par with a barbarian, but having a few extra tricks.

Feat-wise I won't be too much help I'm afraid - I haven't gone through them all yet.