PDA

View Full Version : Belkar will be saved by the flumphs!

pendell
2013-07-11, 07:23 PM
Yup. Calling it now. In 899 one or more characters , but most especially Belkar, will be saved by our favorite white cushions. It's been a long time since we've seen our favorite running ... er, floating ... gag.

Also, the explosion will throw up a vortex into which giant sandworms will be caught, resulting in a wormnado, which will hit the capital of the Empire of blood in a dramatic orgy of violence.

What ? Predictions have to be reasonable? :)

Tongue-in-cheek,

Brian P.

warrl
2013-07-11, 07:58 PM
This will happen in 899? That page came out a few hours before you posted this prediction.

You didn't predict the past very well. :smallsmile:

Vinsfeld
2013-07-11, 08:11 PM
This will happen in 899? That page came out a few hours before you posted this prediction.

Because mispredicting the future is too mainstream. :smallbiggrin:

Yendor
2013-07-11, 09:22 PM
Yup. Calling it now. In 899 one or more characters , but most especially Belkar, will be saved by our favorite white cushions. It's been a long time since we've seen our favorite running ... er, floating ... gag.

Nuh-uh. Belkar will be killed by a falling flumph. :smalltongue:

Klear
2013-07-12, 03:33 AM

Gasp! He's a past psychic!

Killer Angel
2013-07-12, 07:41 AM

Also, the explosion will throw up a vortex into which giant sandworms will be caught, resulting in a wormnado, which will hit the capital of the Empire of blood in a dramatic orgy of violence.

What ? Predictions have to be reasonable? :)

Tongue-in-cheek,

Brian P.

They don't have to, but in this case it would be very anticlimactic.

GreatWyrmGold
2013-07-12, 08:25 AM
They don't have to, but in this case it would be very anticlimactic.
I'm suspecting that he's parodying the crazy theories that people try to use to explain why Belkar won't die.

137beth
2013-07-12, 09:44 AM
I'm suspecting that he's parodying the crazy theories that people try to use to explain why Belkar won't die.

I suspect he's parodying the crazy theories people use to explain why Belkar has to die in this book (where "this book" refers to DstP, which was the book people insisted Belkar had to die in.) Ya know, mispredicting the past.

pendell
2013-07-12, 10:01 AM

Darn straight. And I'm only sorry my well of silliness has run temporarily dry. Otherwise I'd build on that to make something even more crazy , but software is breaking me at the moment :).

Respectfully,

Brian P.

Killer Angel
2013-07-12, 11:56 AM

:smallredface:
...Well, every thread needs some poster that misinterpret the OP...

littlebum2002
2013-07-12, 02:20 PM
Here's my prediction: Belkar sacrifices himself to save the OOTS. They say their goodbyes, he is redeemed as a character, it's assumed he's going to die in the explosion. Explosion happens, he's inexplicably saved by falling on a flumph, mentions how incredibly unlikely that is, and how he's so happy to be alive, then something funny falls on him and kills him. Maybe V's body? I don't know, I'm not good at writing humor.

Tiktik Ironclaw
2013-07-12, 03:12 PM
Gasp! Pendell must be Captain Hindsight! So that's where he's been hiding!:smallbiggrin:

Reddish Mage
2013-07-12, 03:16 PM
Way to spoil the perfect 900th strip :smallyuk:

F.Harr
2013-07-12, 04:44 PM
That was fun.

What could also be fun is that TE secure the last gate before the OotS'ers get there and then they liase with Lien and O-Chul and there is a race to wrest the gate from them before TE compleat the rituatals. the thing is, no one knows how much time is left. There could be a countdown clock in the bottom-right-hand corner.

Yes, I've said this before. Sorry.

pendell
2013-07-12, 05:48 PM
Gasp! Pendell must be Captain Hindsight! So that's where he's been hiding!:smallbiggrin:

Nah, I've been hiding in a corner under a lot of sheets so I wouldn't have to come here and see little friendly messages in the PM box saying things like "You have received a shrubbery in Giant in the playground ..."

I still don't know what exactly the shrubbery is for, or what precisely I'm going to do with it.

I suppose it's barely possible the quantum universe theory is true, and I'm getting PMs from some alternate-universe OOTS mods. One where all the mods are giant green things with teeth and give small plants to people who transgress the rules, whatever they may be.

Or I could simply be raving mad.

but whatever. I'm here now . For the moment :D.

What could also be fun is that TE secure the last gate before the OotS'ers get there and then they liase with Lien and O-Chul and there is a race to wrest the gate from them before TE compleat the rituatals. the thing is, no one knows how much time is left. There could be a countdown clock in the bottom-right-hand corner.

Actually, this would be a neat guest strip by the guy who does MS Paint adventures. The Giant's never struck me as Flash-savvy but Andrew could do the countdown clock easily.

Tongue-in-cheek,

Brian P.

Klear
2013-07-12, 08:35 PM
That was fun.

Yes, I've said this before. Sorry.

I find it pretty obvious that since the gate-controlling ritual takes several days (weeks?), Team Evil will have a chance to begin it. Elan would not approve of destroying them before the ritual is almost complete.

pendell
2013-07-12, 08:40 PM
More seriously, thanks to Serini's diary Xykon knows exactly where the 5th gate is and no reason to delay any longer. So if he isn't inconvenienced by being blown into his phylactery a second time I would expect them to return to Gobbotopia, spend a day or two regrouping and re-planning, then teleport directly to Kraagor's Gate. Do not pass Go. Do not collect $200.

The order has no knowledge of where the gate is and no access to teleport. So unless Xykon and co. are seriously inconvenienced by the explosion in some way, they have no way whatever of beating them to the next gate.

Respectfully,

Brian P.

IW Judicator
2013-07-12, 08:56 PM
You could always get another shrubbery and set it up next to the other one on a slightly higher part, forming a nice little pathway down the middle.

And it's totally possible for the OotS to beat Team Evil to Kraagor's Gate. It's not particularly LIKELY, but the explosion from Girad's Gate could blast all those in the nearby area into...say...the stratosphere...which concludes with Team Evil rocketing back to the ground in Gobbletopia, the OotS landing in the middle of the Dwarven lands, and Team Tarquin/Linear Guild landing...oh, let's say...in the demi-elemental plane of ranch dressing. Just because.

137beth
2013-07-12, 09:24 PM
More seriously, thanks to Serini's diary Xykon knows exactly where the 5th gate is and no reason to delay any longer. So if he isn't inconvenienced by being blown into his phylactery a second time I would expect them to return to Gobbotopia, spend a day or two regrouping and re-planning, then teleport directly to Kraagor's Gate. Do not pass Go. Do not collect $200.

The order has no knowledge of where the gate is and no access to teleport. So unless Xykon and co. are seriously inconvenienced by the explosion in some way, they have no way whatever of beating them to the next gate.

Respectfully,

Brian P.

The order does have a general idea of where the gate is, from the coordinates Soon got from Serini. Also, even though Xykon is likely to reach the outside of Kraagor's tomb before the order, the defenses are still significant. TE has had serious trouble with the defenses of every gate so far except for the one whose defenses were already destroyed by the possibly most powerful mortal spellcaster ever (Haerta).

WindStruck
2013-07-12, 11:07 PM
I would say, "Brilliant! Belkar will cast Summon Nature's Ally!" Except his wisdom is far too low for that. :smallbiggrin:

Killer Angel
2013-07-13, 04:15 AM
I would say, "Brilliant! Belkar will cast Summon Nature's Ally!" Except his wisdom is far too low for that. :smallbiggrin:

Of course, there's always Owl's wisdom (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0058.html)! :smalltongue: