PDA

View Full Version : (Pathfinder w/3.5, Dragon Mech) Rise of the Runelords IC

Starbuck_II
2013-07-11, 07:40 PM
They call it the “Late Unpleasantness” in Sandpoint. A short span about 5 years ago that filled the town with more evil than even the eldest eyes had seen. Murder and fire are the dominant memories, at least for those whose minds unfortunately recall the events of those days. Over a score of townspeople were killed, and several buildings in town, including the church, had burned to the ground. The murderer is long dead, and if the fire was arson, it has not been repeated on such a scale.

Now, five years later, the construction of a new cathedral to replace the destroyed church has been completed, and celebration is in order! It is the first day of autumn, and the Swallowtail Festival is about to commence. The square before the church is quickly becoming crowded as local townsfolk and others from nearby villages or further off cities have come to enjoy the festivities. Merchants can be seen on all sides of the square, selling food, crafts, clothing, and other souvenirs.

Several figures mount a temporary dias in front of the cathedral, and a general cheer goes up as Mayor Deverin approaches the podium there. “My dear friends,” she calls out, her voice magically enhanced to fill the square, “It is good to be in Sandpoint today!” (More cheers) “ For those of you who may not know me, I am Kendra Deverin, Mayor of Sandpoint. I greet all of you, and thank you for coming out in support of our fine town. I was particularly encouraged to see Larz Rovanky, who has managed to tear pull himself out of the tannery to join us!” (General laughter, though any standing near Rovanky notices that he only glowers at the attention). “To our visitors, I greet you on behalf of Sandpoint, and hope that you can take with you the peace and joy of our town. The dedication of this cathedral marks a strong step forward for the town of Sandpoint. It is a symbol of the hope we have in the future of our town. A symbol of our strength in the midst of the surrounding wilderness and the lunar rain in most of the world. As you all Know, 5 years ago, tragedy struck our small town when a fire claimed our last temple, However, we banded together and from the ashes, we have rebuilt! And now, after years of planning, construction, and hard work, our place of worship is once again open to you, the public! Please go forth and enjoy the celebration and keep in mind what this year’s festival stands for. Today marks a day for new beginnings. Enjoy the celebration!

Strong cheers go up, as evidently many townsfolk were expecting a lengthier speech, though all quickly quiet when a large gruff looking man in a uniform strides briskly in to take her place on the stage. His tone is considerably less cheerful than Mayor Deverin’s and he immediately brings the crowd down with his dour mood. Sheriff Hemlock steps up. “As you may know I am Sheriff Hemlock . I have several reminders for you regarding your safety and the safety of the town during the festivities,” his voice booms over the crowd. “Please be cautious around this evening's bonfire. Be mindful of your personal possessions in large crowds or if you have imbibed too much drink. No unsanctioned brawling or other fights will be tolerated by the guard: if you cause trouble, you will find yourself in the lockup.” (No cheers, but a general grumble goes around.) “Finally, I would ask for a moment of silence, that we might remember those who lost their lives in the fire that unwittingly birthed our new cathedral five years ago.” Sheriff Hemlock closes his eyes and bows his head for close to a minute; Except for the occasional cry of an infant or child, the square is silent for a minute. The Sheriff then walks off stage without announcing the next speaker. Mayor Deverin instantly pops up from her seat.

MAYOR DEVERIN: “And now we’d like to welcome one of our towns most famous nobleman and father of our own Ameiko Kaijitsu owner of the Rusty Dragon, Lonjiku Kaijitsu!!!.”

She begins clapping to welcome her. After a moment of waiting she speaks out again,

”Lonjiku?”

After a few moments it is apparent that She will not be coming to the stage for a speech. Mayor Deverin slips back and whispers to her peers standing at the back of the stage, then returns to address the crowd.

”It appears Lonjiku is currently feeling ill at late. Taking his place instead is Sandpoints own Showman Cyrdak Drokkus!”

“Well, now, thank you, my good Sheriff!” a cheerful Cyrdak Drokkus calls out as he leaps to the podium. “Hellooo, Sandpoint! It's a beautiful day we have here, isn't it? I remember a day not unlike this a little over four years ago. Our illustrious – and lovely – Mayor Deverin called a number of us together. Now I probably don't have to tell you, but when you walk into a room with the heads of all the businesses in Sandpoint, you put your back to the wall and grab your pursestrings!” (Laughter.) “But seriously, good friends, all. Hey there, Ven Vinder, I remember you coming in and ….” Drokkus relates several stories of the long process of raising the funds and constructing the cathedral in an upbeat, if irreverent, manner. “.... to get the last of the stone we needed. Who knew that dwarves really can swim?” (Raucous laughter). “At any rate, now we're here, and I'm glad to be sharing this day with all of you. Now, once you all are done recovering from tonight's festivities, come around the Sandpoint Theater for our latest production, 'The Harpy's Curse,' featuring the renown Magnimarian diva, Allishanda, in the role of Avisera, the harpy queen!”

A mixture of cheers and groans go up at the shameless self-promotion, but the mayor simply rolls her eyes and claps politely as Drokkus comes down from the dias and Father Abstalar Zantus steps up to thunderous applause. He waves several times in thanks, then to quiet the crowd “Thank you, thank you. Without all of you today would not be possible. You are the heart of this town, and the reason I rejoice to call it home. If the last five years of worshiping with you in the wooden shacks has taught me anything, it is that you are patient and gracious to your priest, and profuse in your praise of the gods. There is little else I can say that other, more nimble, tongues have already said. Thank you!” The applause resumes, and Father Zantus' acolytes can be seen rolling a large covered wagon to the side of the dias. Zantus waves for quiet once more. “In time immemorial, the goddess Desna fell to the earth. Helpless and in need, she was restored to health by the least among us, a small, blind child. Once restored, Desna turned her aid toward the child, and transformed her into an immortal butterfly, wondrous to behold. Let us share now in the joy of that child as we celebrate our new cathedral!” The acolytes pull aside the cover of the wagon, and a thousand “children of Desna” - swallowtail butterflies – spiral out in a furious storm to a great cheer from the crowd. “Now,” Zantus booms, “Let us feast!”

Crowds move to different stalls and taverns all offering free lunches both as advertising as well as helping to honor the celebration.

At his words, a number of men from the town begin setting up tables around the square for everyone to use. Lunch is free, provided by the local taverns, the White Deer, the Hagfish, and the Rusty Dragon. Each serves its best, and you are able to choose from the main dishes the following:
The White Deer's peppercorn venison, the Hagfish's lobster chowder, or the Rusty Dragon's curry-spiced salmon and early winterdrop mead.
Following your choice of lunch items, you all manage to somehow sit at the same table to eat (even Thoughtflare needs solids and liquids like to refuel his steam engines to power himself: cheapest is coal and water).

The next 'programmed' event will not happen until the sun begins to set: the consecration of the cathedral, with Father Zantus reciting the Prayer of First Dreaming.

There are several games going on as this is a festival: among them 4 stand out-
1) Savah's Armory is allowing interested parties put down a silver coin for a chance to fire a few bolts from Vansaya, the Quadra Fire crossbow that has occupied a place on her shelf for a year now. The weapon is itself a work of art, but the asking price is well out of the range of any eager buyers today. Daviren Hosk, owner of the Goblin Squash Stables, is also on hand at Savah's shooting gallery to take bets and challengers in a target-shooting contest. Hosk is a bit of a local legend as a survivalist and expert goblin hunter, so while few locals are lining up for the challenge, they are happy to place odds on any who might try to beat him. He's rather confident in his abilities to beat any takers, but Hosk won't wager more than a few gold against a single challenger, and then never more than once. “You can't give it all to me this way. Come buy a horse and use it to ride down a goblin or two, and we'll all be happier in the end.”

2) In another portion of the street, a mat has been set down by one of the local monastics, Sabyl Sorn. In between demonstrations of concentration and physical prowess (balancing straight up and down on one hand, for example), she teaches various stretching techniques designed to loosen muscles after hard labor. She also has a standing challenge: Anyone willing to engage her in non-lethal combat can attempt to land a single blow upon her person. The one succeeding will gain access to the House of Blue Stone's library and meditation floor for one week of the winner's choosing. She is charging takers one silver piece for the chance to try, and while many stalwart townsfolk have attempted, she has denied all takers so far.

3) Leaning against the temporary bar set up by the Fatman's Feedbag are several unsavory looking characters, leering at passing women and calling out relatively harmless insults any others curious enough to give their favorite haunt's booth a closer look. On approach, one might be challenged to a drinking competition against the local champ, Reishi Iano, a swarthy, grim faced thug who will wager up to 20 gold and the cost of drinks that he can drink anyone under the table, though he won't take that bet against any dwarf or gnome. “'s unfair, no?” He decries to one scoffing dwarven traveller. "Tough as the stones you eat! No sane man 'd throw his money away fer that.”

4) Including Goblin Toss by Jodar Provolost: older, balding Varisian man with black hair, a thick black mustache, and a sizeable paunch. He is a mediocre carpenter, but is considered one of the best hunters in Sandpoint. Jodar is friendly, with lots of bad jokes, and particularly likes telling tall tales of his encounters with the Sandpoint Devil.
"Three Goblins have found their way into your house and are tearing it up! Toss them into the fireplace before they can destroy everything."
This game is a simple bean bag toss set up in the middle of Sandpoint’s market square. A board with a row of three holes is set up 10 feet from a throwing line. The closest hole is the largest and the farthest hole is the smallest. There are buckets of beanbags sewn to look like goblins by each of the three stations, and each bean bag has a goblin name printed on it.

Otherwise, it is mid-afternoon, the vendors are in full swing, several musicians are playing competing tunes at different ends of the square, and you can still see children chasing butterflies, always coming close, but never able to catch.

razorback
2013-07-12, 07:20 AM
Aerrin, having arrived at Sandpoint two days previous while traveling with a couple of priests of Desna, 'mendicant' comes to mind as he thinks of their conversations, bid them farewell as he took a room in one of the local inns. He had spent yesterday getting familiar with the layout of the town and earning a few coins gambling at the local drinking establishment.
As he sat back watching the mayor and others speak, he was finally relieved when they finished their speeches and the food was served. Savoring the salmon and mead, he was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food in such a small town, not expecting them to rival the flavors of Korvosa.
"Not bad at all, eh? Mead could use a bit more aging but good none the less." he says as he elbows the hulking half-orc on his left.
"Although" he continues as he looks Grom up and down "They may want to give a few more pints so you get a good taste." With that he lets out a cackling laugh, sounding like an old man even though the glimpses under his huge hat show smooth skin underneath.
Looking around the table he says to no one in particular "And, what about the rest of you all? Interested in any of the games? Me, I'm thinking of taking Verchisix here" he says as he pulls out his well used and well loved bow "End entering in the shooting contest. Possibly even showing that young lass a thing or two. What say the rest of you?" A sly smile can be seen just under the brim of his hat.

Metroid33
2013-07-12, 09:27 AM
As Thoughtflare stood in the crowd and afew people gave him strange looks ignoring them he stood completely still and watched the events. As food became available Thoughtflare pulled one of the venders aside and asked for some coal for fuel. Given this he wandered the tables until he found a table that didn't seem to care what he was. Opening a hatch he inserted the coal and took some water, poring it into a cooling valve.

Looking up at the man now speaking Thoughtflare goes through the process of choosing a game to participate in. Taking in possible rewards, price of entry, odds of success. "I believe that I will take Sabyl for her sparring match, greatest odds of success of all of them, and access to a library is useful for my studies."

Tychris1
2013-07-12, 12:40 PM
Skant began day dreaming, his eyes drifting about and paying little attention to the hustle and bustle going around him. He occasionally looked over the people gathered at the festival, but since no one payed him much attention, he didn't pay them much attention either. Grabbing some pie, he sat down at the nearest table with a vacancy, and began to scarf it down as if it were the last thing he were going to eat.

He raised an eyebrow at the prospect of the different games, and seeing two, most likely more able bodied, individuals sign up for different games he quickly decided to try it out himself. No harm no foul, right? Besides, his grandmother had wanted him to spend more time mingling with the populace as is. Grinning, he looked over at the Goblin toss and muttered "Goblin Toss. Best advertising i've seen around here for a while now." And with that he began to walk up to the stand, hoping to win a second pie for the day.

Deathkeeper
2013-07-12, 01:16 PM
Divine Caster check: [roll0]

Grom, despite his rugged appearance, keeps a small smile the whole time and generally enjoys the atmosphere, although he is mostly bored with the more wordy proceedings. The fact that his smile is vaguely creepy doesnt occur to him; he accepted that he's frightens people a long time ago. Days like this are what men fight battles for, and to be dour on such a holiday is to spit on their memory.
Anyway, Grom goes out of his way to try not to terrify the locals, and thus has left his helm at his belt instead of his head.
He returns the odd man's look, but doesn't respond to his joke besides an amused smirk. Amused because he's pretty much right.
He takes a large bite out of his venison. "Perhaps I will see if I can't beat some humility into those fools by trouncing them at their own drinking game. Not until I watch your contests, though. I am obligated to observe such displays of martial prowess and I would not do so without a clear head to remember them with."

Metroid33
2013-07-12, 03:20 PM
"I do not believe they would allow me into the drinking contest, to easy for a machine to win that." Sitting perfectly still he focused on his powers to those who paid attention a new reddish glow seemed to emanate out of the cracks in his body. Standing up he then walked toward Sabyl and put a silver piece down for her to take.

Used a power point to activate inertial armor giving him a plus 4 armor bonus to ac. This power lasts 2 hours.

Starbuck_II
2013-07-12, 07:50 PM
Sabyl Sorn greets you coolly, as she disinterestedly views the surrounding festivities. "Yes, you wish to try my challenge. Why I agreed to the mayor's request, I may never know, but let us commence. You will stand here, 5 feet from me, and I will stand 5 feet from you, and we will each try to hit each other. Do you understand? Set? Begin!"

Rules:

The goal is to land a single touch attack on Sabyl, no spells allowed, and weapons only if used to deal non-lethal damage. Roll initiative and 5 attack rolls. I will then roll initiative and 5 attack rolls for Sabyl. Whoever lands a blow first, wins (initiative matters to some degree).
She will attack normal AC to make things fair (she allows you to target touch because she thinks herself untouchable).

Jodar Provolost sees the half-elf walk toward him, "Care to save us from some goblins? Only 5 copper Pieces. Aim for the farthest one please."

Rules:

Dex + Bab (basically a normal ranged attack, you are treated as proficient in the bean bags) vs AC 15 (women use 2nd farthest at AC 12; children use closest at AC 10).
You get three bean bags.
Making one shot gets you a small trinket.
Two shots wins a small bag of jerky.
Three wins the pie.

Tychris1
2013-07-12, 10:59 PM
Skant nods his head, smiling as he puts down 5 copper and collects his bean bags. Looking the different beanie bags over, he begins to toss them one by one, and prepares to discretely cast mage hand to "Guide" the bag towards its target if he misses.

1st:[roll0]
2nd:[roll1]
3rd:[roll2]

Can I cast Mage Hand to float them along further if it seems like they'll miss?

Metroid33
2013-07-13, 06:36 AM
Taking a sparring stance Thoughtflare gets ready for the fight.

Initiative:[roll0]
Attack 1:[roll1]
Attack 2:[roll2]
Attack 3:[roll3]
Attack 4:[roll4]
Attack 5:[roll5]

Starbuck_II
2013-07-13, 10:20 AM
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

Sabyrl bows before she springs into action, she flips over Thoughtflare whose initial strike is too slow and strikes where she once was. She attempts to kick him but a strange barrier prevents her: at this point she starts sweating. Thoughtflares next strike is blocked. Then she kicks under the Thoughtflare knocking him prone, and while Thoughtflare flails around himself none hit her.
She places a finger on his forehead, smiles, then replies, "That was a great workout. I'm not sure how I missed you like that. With a little martial arts training you could have won. If you ever want another shot let me know"

If it wasn't for your low Iniative roll or attack rolls you could have won, after all she missed the first strike.

Jodar watches as two bean bags are thrown to the side, but smiles as the last one flies toward the hole then slowly flies before it falls in. If he didn't know better he'd assumed it was magic, but then again with the lunar rain maybe gravity works different today.
"Good throw at the end. But you might want to work on your throwing in general someone could have been hit by your goblin, whahaha."
Jodar gave a great belly filled laugh. He shakes your hand and hands you a bracelet that reads, Great Goblin Thrower.
"Try again anytime now. I change the prize for those who only make one throw so don't be afraid you'll get just get another bracelet."

Deathkeeper
2013-07-13, 10:36 AM
Grom goes over and moves to help Thoughtflare up.
"Your skill in striking needs work. But I'll see if I can't win you the prize in your stead. Truth be told few of the prizes have value to me, but warfare is my business."
He gives Sabryl a bow as he slides off his gauntlets.

razorback
2013-07-13, 12:20 PM
Aerin walks up to Savah's shooting gallery and asks Daviren if he would like to see who can hit the mark.

"I'm guessing a young'en like you might have the physical prowess to accomplish this but let me see what you can do."

Starbuck_II
2013-07-13, 10:46 PM
Grom goes over and moves to help Thoughtflare up.
"Your skill in striking needs work. But I'll see if I can't win you the prize in your stead. Truth be told few of the prizes have value to me, but warfare is my business."
He gives Sabryl a bow as he slides off his gauntlets.

Sabyl Sorn greets you. "Yes, you wish to try my challenge. That Bulky armor might weaken your fighting abilities, but then again maybe that is how you like it.
Let us commence: You will stand here, 5 feet from me, and I will stand 5 feet from you, and we will each try to hit each other. Do you understand? Set? Begin!"
Rules again:

The goal is to land a single touch attack on Sabyl, no spells allowed, and weapons only if used to deal non-lethal damage. Roll initiative and 5 attack rolls. I will then roll initiative and 5 attack rolls for Sabyl. Whoever lands a blow first, wins (initiative matters to some degree).
She will attack normal AC to make things fair (she allows you to target touch because she thinks herself untouchable).

Aerin walks up to Savah's shooting gallery and asks Daviren if he would like to see who can hit the mark.

"I'm guessing a young'en like you might have the physical prowess to accomplish this but let me see what you can do."

As you step up to the temporary shooting range, Daviren Hosk greets you: "Welcome, young'un! You look like you're in a mood to try your aim. Here's how this works:
AC 20 is bulls eye (30 points). (Each band has AC 2 below it (worth that much points), Nat 1 is out of bounds is nil)
It has 9 wedges, a bullseye, then the out-of-bounds surrounds all. You'll take 4 shots, and add up the total.
Now, Ms. Savah wants to keep this fair, so we're both going to use these two light crossbows, but if you are up to try out Vansaya it will be quicker as it will shoot at all 4 shots at same time.

Now, a lot of folks will tell you right away that it's less fair that way as light crossbows, as the crossbow is my favorite way to skewer the little green devils out there in the hills, but that there is a block of wood, not a goblin bent on wreaking havoc on the outlying farms. So, I'll let you take your shots first, then I take mine. I'll let you wager up to 5 gold coins. You just let me know how much you want to wager, take your shots, then I'll take mine. Easy as cuttin' ears off. Ready? Then point it THAT way, and pull!"

Rules:

Vansaya is a modified heavy crossbow (proficiency as well so monks are proficient) but shoots 4 bolts at same time each time it is fired.

AC 20 is bulls eye (30 points). Each band has AC 2 below it (worth that much points: AC 18 is worth 18 points, AC 16 is worth 16, etc), AC 1 or Nat 1 is out of bounds is nil.

Deathkeeper
2013-07-13, 10:54 PM
"My armor is as much a uniform as it is my protection. I would not fight without it, even an exercise. Except the gauntlets; clearly I can't use those." The aforementioned spiky gauntlets are set aside as Grom readies himself.

initiative: [roll0]
Attacks:
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

Makiru
2013-07-14, 02:29 AM
Silas had spent much of his time in Sandpoint trying to find anybody either willing to take hom on their mech crew or sell him a one man unit at reduced cost. After being laughed pff by the few crews attending the festival, food didn't seem like such a bad thing. After all, ever since the Crafters installed that kinetic engine into him to power his prosthetic arm, he had been needing to eat more often. Maybe he could try rigging up some kind of nutrient drip to alieviate that...

So lost in thought was Silas that he barely noticed the menagerie that had formed at the table he had chosen to partake of his stew. Even after he finished, Silas found himself following this group around on autopilot like a lost grease lizard. Maybe growing up in the Asylum Stone had made him just drift towards more diverse groups rather than the rest of primarily-human Sandpoint.

Upon reaching the target range, Silas found himself absentmindedly touching the barrels of the steam gun slung across his back and jolted back to reality.

"After this gentleman has his attempt, I wouldn't mind trying myself."

Starbuck_II
2013-07-14, 10:52 AM
"My armor is as much a uniform as it is my protection. I would not fight without it, even an exercise. Except the gauntlets; clearly I can't use those." The aforementioned spiky gauntlets are set aside as Grom readies himself.

initiative: [roll0]
Attacks:
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

Sabryl bows again, both Grom and Sabyrl spring forth but neither strikes true. Again, Sabyr tries flipping over Grom, he quickly turns blocking her kick. Then punches her with his free hand. He had won. She bows and smiles:
"I know when I've been beaten. Your armor helped you as much as luck. I'd be honored if you ever wanted to visit."
She hands Grom the pass to House of Blue Stone's library and meditation floor.

razorback
2013-07-15, 08:10 AM
Aerrin makes a small sneer across his face at the prospect of firing the crossbow. Setting Verchisix down, he picks up the unwieldy weapon.

"I suppose any child can fire one of these things, but this thing would seem to be more suited for someone who has been drinking and knows not which target is real and which is from the drink."

With that, he hefts the monstrosity and, with a bit of a shaky arm, fires off the four quarrels.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Tychris1
2013-07-15, 09:07 AM
Looking down at the bracelet, Skant smiles and puts it into his pocket. Worming his hand further into his pocket and pulls out 5 more copper. "I'm game." He says with a smile on his face, determined to get that pie, no matter the odds. As he looked over the beanie bags, he squeezed them tight, and put all the force he could into propelling it straight towards its target.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Same cheating if he gets close enough :smalltongue:.

Starbuck_II
2013-07-15, 10:21 AM
Daviren looks toward Aerrin, "you forgot your wager," he says without looking at how good you did. "I never shoot before the gamble. Don't ridicule Vanasya, she is a beauty." He laughs cheerfully as he says it.

Jodar replies to Skant while palming the coin, "Well, you are doing better, two in the hole. Next time you might even make three. Here is your bag of jerky, enjoy it. "

Metroid33
2013-07-15, 01:10 PM
"Congratulations on getting the pass" Thoughtflare said to the man who just beat Sabyl

Deathkeeper
2013-07-15, 02:02 PM
Grom bows to Sabryl and turns away, picking up and reattaching his gauntlets.
"I am comfortable in my mind and my knowledge for now. You can take it, the fight was of more use to me."
Grom offers the ticket.

razorback
2013-07-15, 02:08 PM
Scratching his bald chin, Aerrin says "Well, now that you have seen what I can do, what do you say we try again, this time for some coin?Unless you don't think you can match me, boyo. I'd understand if you were afraid to go and play, seeing as I hit the mark. No shame in not wagering, firing that beast of a mechanism."

Metroid33
2013-07-15, 02:19 PM
"Well thank you kind sir, this will hopefully prove useful in my studies of the ruins" Thoughtflare points to the west to indicate what ruins he is referring to.

Starbuck_II
2013-07-15, 11:47 PM
Scratching his bald chin, Aerrin says "Well, now that you have seen what I can do, what do you say we try again, this time for some coin?Unless you don't think you can match me, boyo. I'd understand if you were afraid to go and play, seeing as I hit the mark. No shame in not wagering, firing that beast of a mechanism."

Daviren smiles, "Fine, watch me score more in my test shot" as he loads and fires Vanasya. "Now how much do ya want to gamble?"

Your score is 63 and mine appears to be 67: I barely won.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

razorback
2013-07-16, 06:44 AM
Aerrin, grumbling and making other noises quietly but not quite to himself, reaches into his visible coin pouch and pulls out a couple of gold coins and deposits them on the counter.
"Like you said, I failed to make a wager but it would have been that. I don't know many people that can outshoot me, although I would have prefered ole Verchisix here " as he pats his trust bow "but, fair is fair, and here is the coin you deserve. Good luck with earning a few more."
With that he nods to the man and turns, walks around to see what other distractions he can find for himself.

Starbuck_II
2013-07-16, 12:36 PM
Evening---
The day eventually winds along, and the sun begins to paint the top of the cathedral a glorious rose colored hue. Most the games have been put up and many prizes have been won even a pie. It's that time of day when the children can barely chase the butterflies anymore, and most are more than ready for the bonfire to get underway so they can get home for dinner.

One can see a cheerful Father Zantus make his way through the crowd, shaking hands and giving thanks, but looking quite like most of the children in his eagerness for the day's duties to be done. Taking the central dias to begin the consecration, Zantus pulls something small and round from one of his pockets and throw it skyward. A sharp retort, like the crack of distant thunder, slices through the excited crowd as the sun’s setting rays paint the western sky. A stray dog that has crawled under a nearby wagon to sleep starts awake, and the buzz of two dozen conversations quickly hushes as all heads turn to face Father Zantus.

He clears his throat, takes a breath to speak, and suddenly a woman’s scream slices through the air. A few moments later, another scream rises, then another. Beyond them, a sudden surge of strange new voices rises—high-pitched, tittering shrieks that sound not quite human.

The crowd parts and something low to the ground races by, giggling with disturbing glee as the stray dog gives a pained yelp and then collapses with a gurgle, its throat cut open from ear to ear. As blood pools around its head, the raucous sound of a strange song begins, chanted from shrill, scratchy voices.

Goblins chew and goblins bite.
Goblins cut and goblins fight.
Stab the dog and cut the horse,
Goblins eat and take by force!

Goblins race and goblins jump.
Goblins slash and goblins bump.
Burn the skin and mash the head,
Goblins here and you be dead!

Chase the baby, catch the pup.
Bonk the head to shut it up.
Bones be cracked, flesh be stewed,
WE BE GOBLINS! YOU BE FOOD!

Vocals: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7zTUIYQVpY

As the voices fill the air, the goblins can be seen emerging from all sides of the square, flooding in among the buildings chasing townsfolk and animals alike, causing tremendous panic. Two of your keen eyes spot the one that killed the stray dog hiding over by the butterfly wagon, and several of his friends running up to join him!

For the song voices, think Justin Bieber.

I pre-rolled Perception checks to see the goblin by the butterfly wagon: Grom, and Aerrin spotted him and have a surprise round to go after him and the other approaching goblins.

MAP: Let me know if can't access and I'll fix:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AoNhAVlr5CymdGNPTlF4OVBfX2NScHVKNnBja1lrU 2c#gid=0

G1-G6 are goblins.

Initiative thus far: (I roll Block Initiative remember and their team won: but individual Initiative adds to your first hit as damage)
Surprise rd:
Grom
Aerrin
Goblins
PCs
Goblins

(Time to roll those dice)

Deathkeeper
2013-07-16, 01:15 PM
"Goblins from the North side! Gorum! To battle!"

Grom draws his heavy blade and moves to square J11, using the wall to minimize chances of being flanked.

razorback
2013-07-16, 09:21 PM
Hearing the chanting and massive half-orc yell out, Aerrin looks over and sees goblins and makes a noise of disgust.
Yelling out to no one in particular "Keep them occupied and away from those fleeing anyone who can help!"

With that he shifts his position while drawing his bow and two arrows in a swift motion, sending the missiles in whistling as he mutters "By Irori, fly true" that is drowned out by the noise and commotion.

5 foot step to L13
Flurry of Arrows #1 at G3
[roll0]
Crit confirmation, as necessary
[roll1]
Damage
[roll2]

Flurry of Arrows #2 at G6
[roll3]
Crit confirmation, as necessary
[roll4]
Damage
[roll5]

Starbuck_II
2013-07-16, 10:28 PM
Grom rushes toward a table so his back isn't easily attacked. While Aerrin fires an arrow at a goblin, luckily for the goblin it was ducking down to pick up a chicken leg.

The goblin G1 rushes up on the table at Q1 and starts stuffing a plate of salmon down his pants for later.
Goblin G3 is still eating his chicken and his now duel wielding his slicer and a chicken leg, greasy pits all over his face.
While goblin G6 moves toward Grom and attacks (assuming your AoO no kills him). Edit (assuming no AoO) He slices through Groms armor, his blades filled with red-like ichor dripping on the floor making a mess.
Goblin G5 moves to K 8 and throws his weapon at the archer, mutter something like two can throw things. Edit: The dogslicer sticks in Aerin's shoulder.
Goblin G4 crawls under the wagon hoping no one notices him.
Lastly G 2 climbs table beside Grom (I-12) kicking plates and silver ware on the floor while laughing.

Not tactical geniuses, but there numbers can be fearsome.

Map: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AoNhAVlr5CymdGNPTlF4OVBfX2NScHVKNnBja1lrU 2c#gid=0

Combat:
[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

PCs turn now.

Deathkeeper
2013-07-16, 10:33 PM
Okay, rolling AoO first:
[roll0]
[roll1]

Deathkeeper
2013-07-16, 10:37 PM
Well, that sucked. Real attack, then,
"Shut UP, you blithering twits!"

[roll0]
[roll1]

Tychris1
2013-07-16, 11:59 PM
With a sneer Skant aims his crossbow, stepping to the side in order to get a clean shot to one of the Goblins, and letting a bolt fly through the air. "Great. The goblins show up when I don't have my eidolon, just my luck." He grumbles under his breathe.

Skant moves to 14 K and shoots at Goblin 5 (G5)

[roll0]
[roll1]

Tychris1
2013-07-17, 12:01 AM
Oof. That'll leave a mark.
Crit Confirmation:

[roll0]
[roll1]

Metroid33
2013-07-17, 09:44 AM
Thoughtflare moves to (M,11) and seeing G1 he taps the engraving on its shoulder. Focusing on it Thoughtflare sent out a surge of energy at it.

Move Action: Moves 15 feet north to (M,11)

Standard Action: Activating one of my mind thrust Tattoos
Damage:[roll0]
The goblin gets a will save and has to surpass a 15 to take no damage.

Starbuck_II
2013-07-17, 10:35 AM
Grom's with one fell swoop of his sword, the Goblins head comes clean off and rolls away...

At the same time Grom is releasing the goblin of his head, Skant's crossbow impales the goblin through the eye, the creature screams in agony for a brief moment, before slumping over dead.

While this happens Thoughtflare's tattoo's glow and out shoots a wave of mental energy. The Goblin had just finished stuffing the salmon down his pants. Suddenly, it grips his head screaming but it doesn't die, it just looks angry and a little woozy.

Aerin and Silas's turn then enemies turn.

Map: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AoNhAVlr5CymdGNPTlF4OVBfX2NScHVKNnBja1lrU 2c#gid=0

It failed its will save but is barely standing alive.

Makiru
2013-07-17, 06:01 PM
Finally snapped into action, Silas pulls the steam gun off his back with quick, mechanical precision while moving up next to the tik'tok at N11. Taking careful aim at the goblin clutching his head in pain, he fires a shot from the top barrel.

Shooting G1
[roll0]
Damage
[roll1]

Starbuck_II
2013-07-17, 10:46 PM
Silas fires at the wounded Goblin with Salmon down its pants. But it hits the table and not the goblin.
Aerin 5 ft steps to beside Thoughtflare and Silas. He then releasing two arrows, one at the goblin Silas fired at and one wizzing toward one hiding under wagon.

He said it was okay to play Aerin so I'll do it tonight to keep game moving.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Starbuck_II
2013-07-17, 10:54 PM
Neither of Aerrin's arrows hit their mark.

The goblin beside Grom tries to avenge his fallen friend by striking at Grom from atop the table. But his weapon can't find a chink in Grom's armor.
The goblin who was stuffing Salmon down pants pulls it out and hurls it at Silas. But it lands at Silas feet to no effect.
The goblin under the wagon crawls out and stands up.
The Chicken leg goblin moves toward Grom throwing the chicken like an improved club. But it is deflected by Grom's blade as it is barely a weapon.

[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

[roll4]
[roll]1d4+

PCs turn.

Tychris1
2013-07-17, 11:12 PM
Turning on the spot, Skant loads another bolt into his crossbow, and in on le fluid motion lets it fly towards yet another goblin.

Firing at G2 (Goblin 2). Not moving.

Attack:[roll0]
Damage:[roll1]

Metroid33
2013-07-18, 06:12 AM
Seeing the Goblin on the table getting what's coming for him thought flare shifts his priorities to a healthy goblin. Moving forward to (M,10) Thoughtflare looks at the G3 goblin and utters a few words. A second latter A ray of fire leaves the palm of his hand.

5 foot stepping to (M,10) then manifesting energy ray, augmenting it with one power point to add a D6, because it is fire energy it deals one additional damage per die.
Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [ROLL]2d6+2]/ROLL][

Deathkeeper
2013-07-18, 07:16 AM
"Your high ground means nothing!" rumbles Grom as he attempts to impale the goblin with his greatsword
[roll0]
[roll1]

razorback
2013-07-18, 08:13 AM
Aerrin, visibly frustrated by not hitting any of the annoying little creatures, fires off, splitting his attacks between the two creatures moving out of the area.
"Try to keep them contained." is all the time he has to yell out before letting more arrows fly.

Starbuck_II, thanks for running Aerrin in my absence.

Aerrin
AC ~15; Current ~ 15
HP ~ 15; Current ~ 12

Free ~

Full Round Action ~
1st attack against G1 to try and finish him off
[roll0]

Confirmation (if necessary)
[roll1]

Damage
[roll2]

2nd attack against G1 to try and finish him off if the first doesn't, otherwise attack G2
[roll3]

[roll4]

Damage
[roll5]

Effects~
Point-Blank Shot - +1 to hit and damage withing 30ft

Starbuck_II
2013-07-18, 11:02 AM
Skant's bolt hits the table instead of the goblin.
Thoughtflare's fiery ray hits the floor near the goblin sparking but dealing no damage.
Grom's sword impales the goblin like he was butter.
Aerrin's arrows hit their mark: they finish off the goblin G1 and G3.

Silas turn then Goblins.

Makiru
2013-07-18, 11:12 PM
Frustration and ridicule pressing him forward, Silas reloads the top barrel, setting the steam engine to charge, while taking aim at the remaining goblin and firing the bottom barrel.

Move action reload/recharge, firing other barrel at G4

Damage: [roll1]

Starbuck_II
2013-07-18, 11:44 PM
The goblin charges with mad fury his weapon toward Aerrin swinging his goblin cutter. Edit: The Goblin performed light slash across Aerrin's chest.

Charge: -2 AC, +2 Hit.
[roll0]
[roll1]

Deathkeeper
2013-07-18, 11:47 PM
Grom takes a step towards the last goblin, chopping down with his sword. "Enough!"

5 foot step right.
[roll0]
[roll1]

Deathkeeper
2013-07-18, 11:48 PM
Crit threat!!
[roll0]
[roll1]

Starbuck_II
2013-07-19, 11:21 AM
Chaos has engulfed Sandpoint! Goblins are engulfing the town, dozens of them run through the streets singing, grabbing at scraps, chasing children and pets with ill intent. The town guards are moving in coordinated pockets, but they cannot cover the entire town, and most citizens are seeking the safety of their own locked doors. Tents and merchant stalls go up in flames when the goblins run past.
A brief moment passes when no goblins are threatening you directly, when suddenly a great bloom of fire goes up to the south of the festival grounds. It appears the goblins have found the cart of fuel for the evening bonfire. Within moments, a small pack of goblins runs in from that direction, spots you, shriek in delight, and charge at you, 4 waving torches and one shrieking a song at the top of it's lungs. They look better prepared for a fight than the last group you just vanquished.

OOC: Before the second wave of goblins attack, you have one uninterrupted round. If you wish to take any actions that fit into that round, such as healing, post below: this free round would be before they attack and after previous goblins are dead.

When ready let me know and actual battle begins.

Deathkeeper
2013-07-19, 11:28 AM
Grom takes the moment's respite to cast Shield of Faith.

Metroid33
2013-07-19, 12:49 PM
Thoughtflare will take the moment to cast inertial armor on himself.

Makiru
2013-07-19, 05:58 PM
Frustrated at his gun's lackluster performance, Silas reloaded the bottom barrel before replacing it on his back and pulling the buzzknife off his hip. The low shaking of the blade caused by the teeth spinning helped restore his calm.

Starbuck_II
2013-07-20, 11:25 AM
The goblins surround the fuel cart holding fuel for the bonfire south of festival grounds. One of the goblins has a tube like backpack and is holding a small nozzle in your direction; the rest are armed with torches.

There are scattered fires here and there. The tube backpack goblin is still singing the goblin song.
Torches:

In case you need a refresher on a torch dangers.
They deal damage like a gauntlet (1d3 med [1d2 small] +Str + 1 fire)
They are improvised unless you have one of those feats like Fire Hand that give proficiency.
If they deal fire damage, you need a Reflex save DC 15 or catch on fire (deals 1d6 fire damage), but can Reroll each round (same damage if fail). Once he succeeds on his saving throw, he’s no longer on fire.
You can drop prone (to stimulate rolling) as a free action for +4 save.

Goblin 7-10 are torch wielders, Warchanter has the flame nozzle and whip

Goblins move slowly forward, trying not to be surrounded. The warchanter casts a spell on Silas (DC 13 Will save, Confused 1 rd if fail).

PCs turn.

razorback
2013-07-20, 11:39 AM
Aerrin, turning as he is pulling out a couple of arrows, hears the goblin chanting some ditty that the goblins likes, nocks his arrows back and yells "Chant this!" as he lets loose.

Aerrin
AC ~15; Current ~ 15
HP ~ 15; Current ~ 12

Free ~
Yelling

Full Round Action ~
1st attack against Warchanter
[roll0]

[roll1]

Damage
[roll2]

2nd attack against Warchanter to try and finish him off if the first doesn't, otherwise attack G7
[roll3]

[roll4]

Damage
[roll5]

Effects~

Starbuck_II
2013-07-20, 12:00 PM
Aerrin's 1st arrow strikes true bypassing the warchanter's buckler and striking it in the shoulder but not downing the goblin. The second arrow is caught in the buckler stuck in it, but not passing through to hurt the warchanter.

Still PC Turn.

Tychris1
2013-07-20, 12:21 PM
Bolt knocked and ready, Skant stands next to Aerrin and unleashes his own bolt towards the Chanter.

Moving to N 12

Tychris1
2013-07-20, 12:22 PM
Crit Confirmation:

Makiru
2013-07-20, 07:11 PM
Will save [roll0]

Makiru
2013-07-20, 07:13 PM
Confusion roll [roll0]

Makiru
2013-07-20, 07:17 PM
The anger in his clouded mind only driving him to move more decisively, Silas rushes forward towards the closest goblin, knife brandished to tear through the wretched creature's skull.

Charge attack at G9
[roll0]

Starbuck_II
2013-07-20, 10:41 PM
The Warcaster fires a few flames in the air with his nozzle setting the wooen stand on square N-18 as the bolt hits him. He falls dead. The singing ends with his death.

Silas knife cuts deep and fells a ear but doesn't kill the goblin who now roars with anger back.

Warchanter was buffing goblins too; :smalltongue:

Still PC turn: Grom and Thoughtflare

Deathkeeper
2013-07-20, 10:45 PM
Grom charges to M14, roaring a challenge.
[roll0]
[roll1]

Metroid33
2013-07-21, 11:08 AM
Thought flare moves to P 12 and uses a mind thrust tattoo on G8
[roll0]

Starbuck_II
2013-07-21, 03:41 PM
Grom's challenge rushing to the goblin was fearsome, but he skipped over a rock and his sword hits the ground instead of the goblin (G9).
Thoughtflare's mind turns into a deadly weapon as his tattoo glows before the head of the goblin (G8) is bleeding and it collapses.
The Goblin (G9) Grom missed swings its torch at Silas. Missing as well.
The Goblin behind G9 step lightly toward Grom and swings its torch: burning him lightly (Roll a DC 15 Reflex save or you take 1d6 Fire damage from being set on fire).
The Goblin, beside the one Thoughflare killed, moves to P-13 throws its torch at Skant. But the Torch hits the ground beside Skant instead.

Mind Thrust: they either die or are perfectly okay. I'll roll this one with my dice. Dead...

[roll0]
[roll1] +1 Fire

[roll2]
[roll3] + 1 Fire

[roll4]
[roll5] +1 Fire

PC Turn

Tychris1
2013-07-21, 10:53 PM
Continuing the crossbow onslaught, Skant unleashes a bolt at G7.

Crit Confirm:[roll2]
Damage:[roll3]

Makiru
2013-07-21, 11:47 PM
Letting his artificial arm rotate in a full circle at his shoulder, Silas goes for another swing.

Makiru
2013-07-21, 11:51 PM
Crit confirmation
attack: [roll0]

razorback
2013-07-22, 07:37 AM
Seeing the goblins dropping, Aerrin continues to his bow with a grim grin on his face. He targets the ones being attacked by the two huge warriors as he fires between them with a practiced shot.
"Once these are down, we need to move and find the rest of them that are attacking those that can't protect themselves and we have to get those fires out!"

Aerrin
AC ~15; Current ~ 15
HP ~ 15; Current ~ 12

Free ~
Yelling

Full Round Action ~
1st attack against G10
[roll0]

[roll1]

Damage
[roll2]

2nd attack against G10 to try and finish him off if the first doesn't, otherwise attack G9
[roll3]

[roll4]

Damage
[roll5]

Effects~

Starbuck_II
2013-07-23, 12:23 PM
Skant's bolt impales the goblin in the chest stuck in the ground, it briefly tries to pull it out, fails, then dies.
Silas mechanical arm slices the goblin in half.
Aerrin's arrows take out the last goblin threatening the team. There are still goblins in the background, but none close enough. One goblin leaps of a building toward a civilian, but lands off on its neck. Doesn't look like he is getting up. A goblin throws a torch on a fleeing child but instead hits another goblin setting him on fire. But all around them they can see the goblin raid disintegrating.
(Grom is possibly still on fire [still need that DC roll].)

Father Zantus runs over to help put the fire out with a create water spell. He cast a channel energy to help all the living heroes apologizing that he can't help Thoughtflare this day (didn't prepare mending).

Much of the crowd scattered in all directions during the raid. Father Zantus had ushered people into the Temple. The Mayor of Sandpoint, a Kendra Deverin took note as well, wondering why her own town guard was nowhere to be seen. But Mayor Deverin did not realize the extent of the raid. The town guard and its leader, a Sheriff Belor Hemlock, were busy fighting Goblins elsewhere in the town. Many of the town’s citizens here and around the plaza now stopped to watch the heroic efforts of the five.

The sounds of Goblins and fighting now echoed away from the plaza where the festival was held. The five looked around at the dead Goblins, and saw some townsfolk on the ground too.

You can loot the bodies if you want (just post you want to)
(you have a 2 rounds before next trouble)
Channel Energy [roll0]

Deathkeeper
2013-07-23, 12:29 PM
(Sorry, I was waiting on which goblins died from other player so I knew who to stab)
[roll0]

Tychris1
2013-07-23, 01:04 PM
Skant begins to breathe heavily, not use to the strenuous motions of combat, and lowers his crossbow. Sitting down, he looks over the quiver of bolts he has left, and after having a cursory glance at the mayhem that is being wrought around him he soon realizes that the goblins would seize this town. Raze it to the ground, burn all who lived in it, and tear apart whatever shreds remained. They would take everything from him, strip him of what he had earned, and murder his own grandmother. His body shuddered as his anger came to a crescendo as he began the ritual to summon his most faithful of companions. His eidolon, Cassiel as Skant had named him, would be able to defend his home. Whatever the costs.

Going to take these 2 rounds to begin the ritual, which will take 10 rounds in total to complete, so 8 rounds of sitting around.

Metroid33
2013-07-23, 01:48 PM
Thoughtflare walks over to the men he now saw as allies. Reaching into it's backpack Thoughtflare pulled out his psicrystal, taking moment to focus, the crystal gained spider like legs and moved onto Thoughtflare's shoulder. "Keep an eye out for me."

razorback
2013-07-24, 07:47 AM
Aerrin, after a nod of the head to Father Zantus, walks over to a few of the goblin with bow out and checks to see if it is alive.

Turning back to the priest but addressing everyone still alive, he says "Do any of you know why they would have attacked? Has this happened before?"

Knowledge:History check?
[roll0]

Metroid33
2013-07-24, 08:06 AM
Knowledge history and local
History: [roll0]
Local: [roll1]

Starbuck_II
2013-07-24, 03:38 PM
Both Aerrin and Thoughtflare only know the details of the terrible Late Unpleasantness. A murderer known as Chopper over the course of one month killed one victim a day. "Each was found in the same terrible state: body bearing deep cuts to the neck and torso, hands and feet severed and stacked nearby, and the eyes and tongue missing entirely, having been
plucked crudely from each head."
He had claimed 25 victims, eluding traps, police pursuit, and even killed the last-sheriff Sheriff Avertin. Then Chopper took his own life later according to police after chase.
But that wasn't the last bitter event. A month later, a fire struck Sandpoint, this burnt the church to the ground while claiming the last Father, Ezakien Tobyrn and his beautiful daughter Nualia. Other parts of the city like the White Deer Inn but only the church was utterly lost.

Father Zantus, "Sighs, no, while they have always been trouble... attacking caravans or people, stealing our trash, cattle, and other livestock. But they have never been so bold as attacking the town. This is most troublesome.
He looks at the destruction the goblins have caused.
"Now, we usually leave them maintained as we see them as wildlife. If we got rid of them other creatures might move in. But this attack can't go unpunished I fear. I don't see what provoked them..."

Suddenly, there is a cry for help and barking to the north.
"Please go see what or who needs help, I've still have to check on the rest of the town. There are likely those who are dying or wounded I must tend to. Please see me when they horrible day is over." Father Zantus says as he runs off.

Do our adventures check out the trouble in the north?

Deathkeeper
2013-07-24, 04:02 PM
Grom starts to head in that direction.
"We ought to handle this for these people. But someone should stay with the Mage so he doesn't get interrupted with whatever he's doing."
After that speech from the Father there likely isn't much time left of the ritual, but Grom doesn't know that.

Makiru
2013-07-25, 06:30 PM
The flame nozzle the leader had been carrying caught Silas's attention. How a goblin had gotten his hands on something that advanced was quite beyond him, but he wouldn't be needing it anymore in his current state. Carefully removing it from the corpse and checking the fuel levels, he turned to the others.

"I'll watch the mage; it'll give me time to properly calibrate this steam weapon to use against any further threats. Move out now and we'll catch up when we can!"

Yeah, so if it wasn't obvious, I'm looting the flame nozzle. Yes, I am proficient.

razorback
2013-07-26, 10:43 AM
After listening to the priest, Aerrin digests what he hears.

Looking at the others, he says "It seems as if this party may just be getting started. If the rest of you young men are done lollie-gagging about, we should move out and see if there is anyone else who may need our help."
With that he heads towards the nearest sounds of distress or commotion.

Starbuck_II
2013-07-26, 12:28 PM
You round a pair of houses and come upon the front of the White Deer. The noble figures of two expertly carved deer create an eerie backdrop to the scene that you now face: a goblin, riding on the back of a hideous beast that appears to be a fusion of a rat and a dog, is squared off against a fiercely barking dog.
Nearby, you can see a man cowering behind a rain barrel, and while he appears desperate to get away, you can tell he is terrified for his dog. Behind the goblin rider, a number of goblins can be seen staying as far from the dog as they can, while not completely running away. Within a moment of your arrival, the rider brings his polearm down on the head of the dog. As soon as he does he changes from polearm to bow.

As the dog crashes to the ground, a general cheer goes up among the goblins, and all turn as one toward the man behind the rain barrel, who screams again in terror. In their fixation on the slaying of the dog and their new target, they do not see you approach.

Skant if you wished to finish summoning the Eidolon, you'll appear on 1st rd after the surprise round on square Q-18 with eidolon on square Q-19. Silas R19.

You have a surprise round against this group of goblins
Map: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AoNhAVlr5CymdEFQNVZZMW0zUWxKbWZ1OUJsTlg4Z lE#gid=0

razorback
2013-07-26, 04:26 PM
Aerrin, seeing the man in trouble, looks to his new-found companions in arms, and whispers
"Big man, take the one on that... dog... rat... thing. The Rest of you concentrate on the ones to the left. I'll try to take the two nearest the man."

Holding his shot until the others either in position or the goblins are aware of their movement

Aerrin
AC ~15; Current ~ 15
HP ~ 15; Current ~ 15

Free ~
Whispering
5 foot step to R-16 if Thoughtflare doesn't move or after he moves.

Surprise Round Action ~ Firing at G1
[roll0]

[roll1]

Damage
[roll2]

Effects~

Deathkeeper
2013-07-28, 12:45 PM
Grom nods and readies himself before surging forward.
Charge in a straight line to S13.
[roll0]
[roll1]

Deathkeeper
2013-07-28, 12:46 PM
Nat 20!
Confirm crit:
[roll0]
[roll1]

Metroid33
2013-07-30, 02:18 PM
Aiming at G5 thought flare shoots out a ray of fire energy.

Metroid33
2013-07-30, 04:58 PM
Confirm crit: [roll0]

Starbuck_II
2013-07-30, 09:18 PM
Thoughtflare's ray burst out in a blast hitting the goblin in the chest, he bursts into flames and dies.
Grom rushes forth and slices at Commando, the Commando doesn't notice anything wrong at first, suddenly a cut in his forehead starts spreading straight down and he splits into dead.
Aerrin's arrow hits the barrel awakening the goblins to the threat behind them. They look scared at the destruction you caused... except the dog-rat it looks angry at you killing its owner.

Grom is moved to S14 since you must attack as soon as you close enough when you charge (I assume you are attacking the Commando not G5 as Thoughtflare killed him).

Your guy's team win initiative so go first as well.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AoNhAVlr5CymdEFQNVZZMW0zUWxKbWZ1OUJsTlg4Z lE#gid=0

razorback
2013-07-31, 07:46 AM
Thoughtflare can here some unsavory and worldy words come out of Aerrin's mouth as the man brings his bow to bear again on the assembled goblins.
...ungodly, unclean, dung eating,...

Aerrin
AC ~15; Current ~ 15
HP ~ 15; Current ~ 15

Free ~
Grumbling to himself about not being able to make easy shots against unaware targets while taking a 5 foot step to R-15.

Full Round Action ~
1st attack against G2
[roll0]

[roll1]

Damage
[roll2]

2nd attack against G2 to try and finish him off if the first doesn't, otherwise attack G5
[roll3]

[roll4]

Damage
[roll5]

Effects~

Deathkeeper
2013-07-31, 07:55 PM
Grom makes another swing to take out the goblin dog before it gets a chance to go for his throat (or any other part of him).
[roll0]
[roll1]

Metroid33
2013-08-01, 08:15 AM
Taking a five foot step to (S,17) Thought flare channels one of his tattoos, a small crystal formed in its hand. Raising its arm over it's head Thoughtflare Makes a fluid movement and throws the crystal at G5.

The crystal shard is a ranged touch attack.

Also inertial armor is still in effect so my ac is an 18

Starbuck_II
2013-08-01, 04:50 PM
Aerrin's first arrow misses the mark, but the second arrow hits the goblin in the eye and he falls.
Grom's sword barely hits the goblin-dog but the dog evades accidently into the blade instead of away. Its' head rolls away from the body.
Thoughtflare's crystal wounds the goblin, but it doesn't kill. but it leans on one side as you badly wounded its' side.

Without Dexterity the Goblin Dog's AC sucks.
Still waiting on the other two: When is the Eidolon acting?

Map: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AoNhAVlr5CymdEFQNVZZMW0zUWxKbWZ1OUJsTlg4Z lE#gid=0

Makiru
2013-08-01, 07:31 PM
Rushing forward, too small tank of spirits on his back, Silas made his way forward to the group of goblins left. Thinking of a quick one-liner as he engaged the pilot light, he spat out, ["Go back to the fires that spawned you, vile beasts!"

going to S13, fry all three gobs, start at top left and go clockwise, vs touch
1dd20+1
[roll0]
1dd20+1
[roll1]
1dd20+1
[roll2]

Makiru
2013-08-01, 07:35 PM
Did the attack rolls wrong...
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

EDIT: figures...

Tychris1
2013-08-02, 12:09 AM
Standing beside Skant was a hulking beast, wreathed in shadows and fire. A mane of flames rolled down its back, its eyes burning with hatred, and a fiery maw of teeth that glowed like hot metal. The very traces of wings born of shadows outlined its shoulders, fading in and out of sight. Its tail was like a cat of ninetails, writhing and swaying through the air back and forth. It heaves its black greatsword onto its shoulders, lightly tapping against one of its two curved horns, and gently pawing at the faintly glowing whip at its side. It was Skants eidolon, and it was ready for blood.

Glancing over to Skant, the two exchanged several mental messages in the blink of an eye, and provoked the Eidolon to action. Charging, it released a mighty roar as it gripped its greatsword with two hands "I WILL DASH YOUR CORPSES AGAINST THE ROCKS OF DEATH ITSELF!" It screamed. As it moved, Skant spoke an enchantment and bathed the Eidolon in further power. Already hulking over the thin and frail Summoner, the Eidolon began to grow in size, and roared all the mightier for it. Greatsword in hand he attempted to decapitate the first Goblin it could.

It's just a special summoned creature, so it would go at the same time as me, right? It is for almost all intents and purposes a summoned creature, unless stated otherwise for certain effects, and it never contradicts the creature turn order either.

Anyway, Skant casts Enlarge Person on the Eidolon. Mental communication is a free action, and the Eidolon charges G5 (Taking a 5 foot step around Thoughtflare if need be).

To Hit:[roll0]

Crit Confirm:[roll2]

Starbuck_II
2013-08-02, 11:17 AM
Skant's friend was fearsome in its appearance but luckily for the goblins; its aim, was off.

The goblins aren't really into this fight anymore with their commander dead so they flee.

Yes, it goes on your turn.
You can take am AoO on G5 while he flees if you want. Otherwise, battle over.

The Cowering man gets up, brushes himself off, and waves. "How can I thank you all for saving my life. I am the noble Aldern Foxglove. Especially, you, (looking at Grom) the way you killed that riding goblin was so amazing. You are quite the warrior.
I'll be at the Rusty Dragon Inn for a few days. Please come see me soon when you get the chance so I can properly thank you with a reward."Aldern said before walking away toward the inn.

The battle in the city seems finally over. The few surviving goblins flee in droves. Some even dive off the cliffs off Junker's edge rather than risk capture. While several of the munchkins were caught nothing was offered up much use. They were ordered to burn the town, their leader was using them as distraction to search the graveyard, but the one thing of note: their leader "was one of you longshanks" was interesting.

As Sandpoint recovers from the attack and buries its (few thankfully) dead, citizens try to get on with their lives. The cathedral is consecrated the next day during a much more subdued and indoor ceremony, but by the end of the week, the goblin attack is remembered mostly with chuckles.
Now that the terror is over, the memories of the goblins accidently lightning themselves on fire, getting stepped on by horses, or drowning in rain barrels that were half fully render the raid memories in a more comical note.
But one thing not forgotten by the locals is their new heroes.

Where will your group take a rest?
The Rusty Dragon offers you two days worth of free rooms. The White Deer offers free drink for two days. And the Hagfish offers free food for two days.

XP: 541 XP each for all those battles
Gear: If you looted the commander you get a masterwork small Horsechopper and a masterwork small shortbow. And a small spattering of coins equaling up to 2 silver.

Tychris1
2013-08-02, 12:34 PM
Still angered by his failed attempt at disemboweling the Goblin, the Eidolon tries again. Looking over the others, Skant begins to stroke his chin before finally going over to the Goblin Commander and looting his body.

To Hit:[roll0]

Crit:[roll2]

Deathkeeper
2013-08-02, 12:39 PM
Grom nods and lets the Mage do his looting, even though it was totally his kill.

Metroid33
2013-08-02, 12:51 PM
"I believe the Goblins have dispersed, I have no need of a real place to sleep, or any 'real' food so I leave our lodgings up to you."

Tychris1
2013-08-03, 12:16 AM
"I have plenty of money for food and drink, but storage for Cassiel," He pauses, jerking a thumb to his Eidolon "The big scary thing, will be harder. I say we go to The Rusty Dragon. Collect our reward, stay close to a potential client, and pull what strings we can from a noble."

razorback
2013-08-03, 10:28 AM
Aerrin looks surprised when the rest of allies in the fight invite him along.
Looking at the puffed up noble, he doesn't bow but looks the man in the eye as if an equal.
"Mr. Foxglove, it would seem we will be seeing you there and I, for one, and I'm sure some of the rest of us, will be taking you up on your offer." With that he brusquely turns and makes his way with the others to the Rusty Dragon, although he is unsure of such a mercenary outlook from his new elven looking companion.
"I don't know about the rest of you, but I could use something to fill the hole in my belly right about now. Being on the coast, I hope somewhere around here has a good fish dish. Last few town I was in was nothing but beef and mutton, which is ok but not every day for months. I remember this one time I was down in Korvosa..." as he spins a yarn that the others realize must but a handed down story or joke as he is referring to people a hundred years dead, some known for their sagacity but that Aerrin refers to as 'foolish youngsters'.

Makiru
2013-08-03, 05:15 PM
Silas turned off the fuel pump and hung up the wand with a sigh of relief. His weapon training had been meager at best before starting out. His thought had always been that the mech would be his weapon of choice if his goal of wiping out the lunar dragons would ever come to fruition. Not that he would ever forget; looking at that gaudy metal arm would always be reminder enough.

"Fish would actually be a fine change of pace for me. Real food rather than the 'mystery meat' the caulborn would cook up back home. I need somewhere to work if I want this thing to work like it should anyway", Silas muttered to nobody in particular.

Deathkeeper
2013-08-05, 12:51 PM
Grom watches the proceedings silently as he cleans off his blade. He doesn't care much where he stays or what he'll be eating, and from his face that's probably obvious.

Metroid33
2013-08-05, 02:11 PM
"Then it is decided let us go to the Rusty Dragon" Thoughtflare begins to walk through the alleys toward the Rusty Dragon, in it's brain a series of ideas and notions streak through it's processor. His brain looking something like this.

Thoughtflare's thoughts (https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1dZTaH31PBF143qL-C6Q-KKgPRXKlhKs4iQIfLcIZSJs/edit?usp=sharing)

Starbuck_II
2013-08-07, 12:14 PM
Darkness fell upon Sandpoint, and the lights of the town began to illuminate the streets. The group meets in front of the Rusty Dragon's swivel doors. They had decided to take the Rusty Dragon on its offer and get free rooms. Though Thoughtflare was insistent that he didn't sleep; he relented that he needed a place to stay he guessed.

They entered the Dragon to the sounds of singing and dancing. There they noticed some tavern people dancing to the strums of an instrument and the voice of an Ameiko Kaijitsu, the proprietor of the Rusty Dragon.

When Amieko noticed the PCs enter, she smiled, "Welcome, Heroes. I prepared a room for each of you upstairs, normally a gold piece a day, but for you nothing for two days. If you continue after that I'm sure you can afford it. Please enjoy yourselves, come see me for your keys when you get tired or want to see your rooms."

Aldern waved the party over to his table. He had two armored goons standing beside him likely for protection.
"Over here, my heroes". He yelled over the din of the music.

Metroid33
2013-08-07, 01:20 PM
Walking over to Aldern, Thoughtflare wondered what the guards were for, why would this man need them, and why weren't those two with him in the streets.

razorback
2013-08-07, 10:55 PM
Aerrin bows to Miss Amieko "Hoping my brothers in arms don't mind me speaking for them... Well, even if the did, young miss, I wouldn't mind them, but it was our pleasure.". Seeing Aldern waving them down, he shakes his head in irritation then bows to Amieko again. " I am sure we will speak again, lass." with that he moves with the others to Aldern's table.
"How be you this fine evening, young lordling?" he says with an obvious look of disdain at the bodyguards.

Starbuck_II
2013-08-08, 11:55 AM
Amieko curtseys back to Aerrin, "Ah, a gentlemen, even the nobles rarely remember their manners to bow."

The two warriors are rather portly, but the muscles on their arms can be seen through the unarmored parts of their breastplate. They have a big axe on their back and dagger hilt sticking out of their boots.
"Now gentlemen, I'm sure you are wondering why the guards. I had them before the attack, but in my foolishness I let them go have fun thinking nothing would happen at the festival. But I was fortunate that you arrived when you did. Those monsters were likely to have been the end of me."
Aldern said causally.

"They are twins Ford and Nord, big strong lugs, not the brightest but tough and durable. They begged to play at the fair so I relented. But enough of my helpers. You came for my promise of reward?
Aldern said with a smile.

Metroid33
2013-08-09, 05:08 PM
"Yes I believe you said something about a reward."

razorback
2013-08-09, 05:47 PM
Aerrin smiles smugly at the two large men gone to seed. As he walks past them to shakes hands with Aldern, he slaps one in the gut lightly as he whispers loudly enough for anyone nearby to hear "Lets suck'em in, boys."

Nodding in agreement with Thoughflare, Aerrin follows up with "Yes, but I hope we speak of the same types of reward. Some speak of the knowledge of a job well done as it's own reward. Others see it as bag of gold coins, ready for the taking. Which do you speak of?"

Starbuck_II
2013-08-09, 11:46 PM
"Yes, ah, you know I don't agree that job well done is its own reward. A reward that can be held is better. Now I'm from Magnimar, lovely town might I add, not that Sandpoint isn't nice, but it is no Magnimar. Here," he hefts a large bag on the table. "50 gold pieces as thanks for saving me. Please stop by my home if you ever visit the town. I'm planning on going on a Boar hunt tomorrow evening in the Tickwood woods, I'd love if you would accompany me. Meet me here at the tavern if you do I'll be waiting.

razorback
2013-08-12, 03:05 PM
Aerrin smiles back at the unctuous noble.

"I have never hunted boars before. Is that a past time around here? I would imagine a boar spear would be in order?" with that he cackles at some memory from the dim past. "I, for one, would like to accompany you, if nothing else, to see your skills."

Makiru
2013-08-12, 05:17 PM
Silas stoically stared at Aldern. "My future ventures shall require a significant overhead, so I would be more than willing to accompany you with your hunt, once this goblin weapon has been repaired for the purpose of good."

Starbuck_II
2013-08-26, 11:17 PM
(Sorry again for the wait)

Sounds good; be here tomorrow night and we shall have the hunt of our lives. Or at least a good one. Haha.
Aldern said. "Please enjoy the gold, however you wish. Sit and drink with me or not. Tonight I party."

Suddenly in runs in haste a grim looking Sheriff Hemlock. He tops his hat at Amieko Kaijitsu before moving toward the group. He gestures them to move a little aways from Aldern Foxhole first before whispering,"Look, I am glad you were there protecting the festival grounds while I helped the other parts od the town. My men are still scouring the town for hiding goblins so I am alone. But I'm not happy about vigilante justice, so since I might need help on a task I'm temporarily deputizing you all. "
He waits a bit to guage your reaction before telling you the details (next post).

Deathkeeper
2013-08-26, 11:27 PM
Grom raises an eyebrow and says simply, "Very well."
Who was he to question the place's law? Well, question it for no reason, at least.

Tychris1
2013-08-27, 12:14 AM
Skant raises both of his eyebrows in surprise, slowly resting them down as he strokes his chin and says "Deputy? Excellent. I needed something to wave away Cassiel's appearance to the common folk anyway." He pauses, drumming his fingers against the table as he thought "I'm guessing we won't be getting payed?"

razorback
2013-08-27, 07:03 AM
"What kind of task, sheriff? I take it, since your regulars are busy with the riff raff, this is a rakshasa of a different stripe?" he says, his interest piqued.
Turning back towards Aldern he says "It looks like our celebration with you may have to wait for another day. Depending on what the sheriff has for us, I plan on meeting you in the morning for the hunt. I don't suppose you can bring an extra boar-spear for me? I didn't bring one on my travels."

Starbuck_II
2013-08-27, 10:34 AM
"Ah, Aldern understands you busy people. But don't be late tomorrow evening around 5. We hunt before dark but not too early, I need me beauty sleep." With the two guards move back beside the noble as he starts feasting again.

The Sheriff whispers "Pay? Fine, 10 gold each minimum per task I require. I'll increase the amount depending on how much danger the task turns out to be. I'm not a wealthy man and I'm hoping there shouldn't be too many side jobs I need you to perform anyways.
But on to the task at hand. There seems to be a disturbance at the Sandpoint Boneyard, the local cemetery. Naffer Vosk the groundskeeper will guide us when we get there. Follow me please"
With that he walks toward the Boneyards.

Tychris1
2013-08-29, 01:21 AM
"Fair enough." He says with a smirk and a shrug, picking himself up from his seat, and following in line behind The Sheriff.

razorback
2013-08-29, 07:44 AM
Nodding the Aldern, he Aerrin proceeds to follow the sheriff out the door, pausing to bid Amieko a good night and her generous offer of a room.
"Hopefully, whatever yon sheriff has planned for us won't keep me from collecting this. A warm bed after so many nights on the road is a welcome comfort." With that, he sketches her a bow and walks out the door.

Deathkeeper
2013-08-29, 08:24 AM
Grom nods to Aldern and follows the rest silently.

Makiru
2013-08-29, 02:44 PM
Hefting the flame nozzle over his shoulder, Silas followed at the rear of the procession.

Starbuck_II
2013-08-30, 12:34 PM
You soon all arrive at the gates to the Boneyard. Naeffer Vosk (a Vareisian human male) hobbles over, his right leg limping holding a torch with one hand.
"I noticed that the door to the tomb for the village priests is ajar. Father Ezekayl Tobyn, who took me in, is interred within, and the thoughts of someone disturbing his remains is horrible to me. Please come along quickly."

"Don't worry none, these 'heroes' helped save the town so if anything is still they I expect you all can deal with it."
As they walked to the tomb the Sherrif asks the group who are his temporary deputees before they came to town.
While the group pondered their answer you can see that the ground around the tomb is torn up.
Perception check: DC 13

You can tell that six goblins and one medium humanoid climbed the wall then approached the vault.

razorback
2013-08-30, 06:09 PM
As Aerrin walks forward, his eagle eyes catch some tracks. Squatting on his haunches, he looks at the tracks.
"I'm glad you think so highly of us, sherrif. I hope we don't disappoint. In the meantime, it looks like a handful of goblins and another, larger human-sized creatured scaled that wall" he points to the wall where the tracks begin "and enter the vault there. I don't see anything that tells me they left, so my best guess is that they are still in there." Standing, cracking his back like an old man, he straightens and pulls his bow and loosely knocks an arrow.
"Who's ready to find out if they are still in yon vault?"

Starbuck_II
2013-09-12, 06:23 PM
Figured someone else would post before I went further :smalltongue:

"Well, no time like the present, " Naeffer says as he limbs to the door and opens it.

As he opens the door, a fleshy decayed hand grabs Naeffer and throws him into a nearby tombstone. He is hurt but still breathing.
Slowly out of the tomb two seven foot zombie shuffle toward the group.

PCs go first.
Map is just a base idea for area.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AoNhAVlr5CymdGhUS2ZlOVR4NGhNMjR6N0pocTlpT 0E

razorback
2013-09-13, 08:05 AM
Aerrin

Aerrin grits his teeth as he takes a step back while setting his bow loose.
"God-blasted undead... figures... should have remember that from Korvosa... getting to old for this..." he mumbles as he lets two arrows fly to the one on his left.

Aerrin
AC ~15; Current ~ 15
HP ~ 15; Current ~ 15

Free ~
5 foot step back while drawing bow

Full Round Action ~
1st attack against zombie ogre in front of Skant
[roll0]

[roll1]

Damage
[roll2]

2nd attack against zombie ogre in front of Skant to try and finish him off if the first doesn't, otherwise attack other zombie ogre
[roll3]

[roll4]

Damage
[roll5]

Effects~