PDA

View Full Version : Looking for resources: Using blood as a weapon.

Sintanan
2013-07-11, 08:33 PM
I like the idea of the Blood Magus, but I want to see if I can take the idea of blood is your weapon a step further. Without delving into homebrewing stuff, I was wondering if there are any classes, PrCs, or races that manipulate blood to win the game.

I know there's some sort of dwarf-ish creature out there that scars itself for natural armor, or some such. But outside blood magus, those things, and the rare spell, I'm not sure on other things that use blood.

So, fellow playgrounders... Do any of you know of classes, races, feats, or more that use blood?

Note: Yes, vampires, but that's cliche and over done.

Karnith
2013-07-11, 08:53 PM
If you're interested in spells, the Burning Blood spell (in Complete Arcane) makes a creature's blood deal damage to it. The spell Fire in the Blood (in Heroes of Horror) makes your blood deal damage to opponents when they hit you with a slashing or piercing weapon. The spells Avasculate and Avascular Mass (in the Spell Compendium) makes an enemy's blood vessels explode out of them.

The hooded pupil and half-vampire templates (both from Libris Mortis) give a living creature the ability to benefit from drinking blood, though they aren't really very good templates (at LA +4 and LA +2, respectively). LM also has the Vampire Fangs graft, which cost 25,000 gold and give you the ability to drain blood as a vampire.

If you can get a character able to Rebuke Undead as a 20th-level cleric, you could control a Blood Amniote (from Libris Mortis), which is basically a giant ghost made of blood.

It's very, very difficult to get into as a PC (and so far as I know, impossible pre-epic), but the Bloodscaled Fury prestige class (in Draconomicon) makes dragons rage so furiously that blood seeps from their scales, which provides them with supernatural protection.

Qwertystop
2013-07-11, 09:29 PM
There's an item set (Instruments of the Blood Gift, or something like that) that boost casting at the cost of health, and is blood themed. It's in the MIC.

Karnith
2013-07-11, 09:34 PM
The maho-tsukai (Oriental Adventures), tainted sorcerer (Unearthed Arcana), and tainted scholar (Heroes of Horror) prestige classes are all kind of cheesy because they rely on the easily-abused taint mechanics, but they let you spill your own blood to substitute for material components of spells, boost your caster level, and/or get free metamagic. Tainted scholar gets the choice of a number of other blood-themed abilities, too.

Flickerdart
2013-07-11, 09:58 PM
Blade of Blood (and its wholesome Paladin variant, Divine Sacrifice) augments your weapon's damage with your blood.

The Viscount
2013-07-12, 11:18 AM
Death Master can extract blood from living creatures and use it as material components or to enhance spells.

Blackhawk748
2013-07-12, 11:52 AM
Spells and Spellcraft from Legends and Lairs has the spell Bloodblade, its a Scimitar made of Blood that you are automatically proficient with, and it inflits 1d4 bleed on a failed for save.