PDA

View Full Version : Any way to bypass Paladin's Code of contact?

Kerilstrasz
2013-07-11, 09:20 PM
not sure its called that way... that rule that he looses paladin-hood if he do 1 evil act...
i know about the variants.. paladin of freedom etc etc..
but i m looking if there is a way to create a LN or NN paladin without homebrewing or asking DMs permission...
so..

is there a way???

The Trickster
2013-07-11, 09:25 PM
There is a paladin PrC called the greygaurd. I beleive it is in the Complete Scoundrel book. It allows some leniency on the paladin code. Let me see if I can find a link for you.

Edit: This should do it. You are still LG, but you can get away with some "bad things" if you believe it is for the "greater good". At the very least, it can give you and your DM some room to talk about what parts of the conduct can be bent.

http://dndtools.eu/classes/gray-guard/

CRtwenty
2013-07-11, 10:16 PM
Heh... a Holy Warrior defending Neutrality? I hate those filthy Neutrals. With enemies you know where they stand but with Neutrals, who knows? It sickens me.

Anyway, I don't think there's anything like that. You could go Divine Crusader for a Neutral Deity or something, but that's a prestige class.

Drachasor
2013-07-11, 10:21 PM
Heh... a Holy Warrior defending Neutrality? I hate those filthy Neutrals. With enemies you know where they stand but with Neutrals, who knows? It sickens me.

Anyway, I don't think there's anything like that. You could go Divine Crusader for a Neutral Deity or something, but that's a prestige class.

If you ever commit a good, evil, lawful, or chaotic act, you immediately lose all class abilities and must atone.

Maginomicon
2013-07-11, 11:24 PM
I talk about a number of "unorthodox" paladin variants in my Real Alignments Handbook (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=283341). The paladin variants do not require using Real Alignments (as in the handbook I just talk about them), but personally I'd recommend your GM use Real Alignments anyway because it gives a far more realistic approach to codes of conduct (among many other reasons).

Hecuba
2013-07-11, 11:50 PM
not sure its called that way... that rule that he looses paladin-hood if he do 1 evil act...
i know about the variants.. paladin of freedom etc etc..
but i m looking if there is a way to create a LN or NN paladin without homebrewing or asking DMs permission...
so..

is there a way???

Take leadership. Buy a Fanatic's Collar. Use it to be dominated by your LN cohort. At least once every 17 days, have them command you to willingly activate the item to renew its effect.

Metahuman1
2013-07-12, 12:06 AM
Play a suitably aligned battle cleric or a suitably aligned crusader or a grey guard or a paladin of a different alignment using the UA variants, or any combo there of.

That's really all I've got for you.

dspeyer
2013-07-12, 12:10 AM
Some of these builds (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=252932&page=2) might help.

Lord Haart
2013-07-12, 01:17 AM
Heretic of the faith feat from Powers of Faerun. I so wish i had discovered it a bit earlier. Also good for legally playing LE clerics of Pelor.

Devils_Advocate
2013-07-12, 01:56 AM
Overuse of "..." is itself overused, in my opinion. Unless the several times I've seen that have all been from the same person. It's not like I've been keeping track. Regardless, I can't say I care for it, but hey, that's just me.

Off-topic, I know, but hey, blame the requirement of non-quoted text for that. Blame MS Paint Adventures (http://www.mspaintadventures.com/) for the subject matter. (I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be critiquing someone's typing quirk if not for Homestuck.)

Anyway,

3 sources :

LG : Paladin (Core)
NG : Sentinel (DR310)
CG : Avenger (DR310) OR Paladin of Freedom (UA)
LN : Enforcer (DR310)
NN : Incarnate (DR310)
CN : Anarchist (DR310)
LE : Despot (DR312) OR Paladin of Tyranny (UA)
NE : Corruptor (DR312)
CE : Anti-paladin (DR312) OR Paladin of Slaughter (UA)

[Some names might be wrong, i don't remember them all]