PDA

View Full Version : Old Deadlands: Hell on Earth, junker shenanigans

ArqArturo
2013-07-12, 06:12 PM
After a few problems, my junker lost his rifle, a NAM-42 (His pride and joy, and more importantly, his belonging), and well, now that we're in Junktown (plus I've built and added a lost arm and used a cybernetic one), I want to build the junker version of it, only that instead od dealing 5d10, I want to do 5d12.

Yes, I know, it's nuts. But we're facing big critters, and the marshal already has some automatons attacking the town, so we'll need all the firepower we can get our hands on.

I'm guessing that the TN of the rifle, just as the TN of the bullets, will be pretty high (from my last calculations, it could be 16).

Kaun
2013-07-15, 05:28 PM
While this post interests me, i am not really sure what you are looking for?

hiryuu
2013-07-15, 06:49 PM
Wow, your GM gives you enemies that can be killed with just straight damage? Lucky stiff.

You're probably better off cooking up 5d12 ammo and either miniaturizing it or fiddling with components so that it fits into a rifle than trying to build a gun that does that.

Can you show me the math you did for the Gunsmith power to get that TN?

Trekkin
2013-07-16, 12:18 AM
It probably will be; that is one heck of a damage code you want.

hiryuu is right about using Ammo, since as I recall you have to anyway; I can't think of a stock weapon in HoE that does 5d12, off the top of my head.

May I ask what ROF you want on it? 5d12 is actually not so bad for, say, shoulder mortars or something, but for something where you want multiple bullets per round it can get bulky.

EDIT: After some monkeying, it looks like you can do a frame size 5 belt-fed 5d12 slugthrower with ROF 3 and range 20. That'd be TN 10.

ArqArturo
2013-07-17, 08:42 PM
Wow, your GM gives you enemies that can be killed with just straight damage? Lucky stiff.

You're probably better off cooking up 5d12 ammo and either miniaturizing it or fiddling with components so that it fits into a rifle than trying to build a gun that does that.

Can you show me the math you did for the Gunsmith power to get that TN?

Ah, forgot I was also going for Armor Penetration (about three levels), since we've been eating through our armor-piercing rounds (eight of them).

Basically, I want that gun to be a junker of an anti-materiel rifle (ROF 1, I don't need rapid fire since what I essentially do is aim for the head, fire, reload, hit it again).

Well, I also have the Ammo power, and miniaturization, so that'll do.

hiryuu
2013-07-18, 09:52 AM
Ah, forgot I was also going for Armor Penetration (about three levels), since we've been eating through our armor-piercing rounds (eight of them).

Question about straight damage still stands, it's Deadlands, most of the enemies we fight that matter have Immunity: All and a kill condition T_T

ArqArturo
2013-07-18, 11:07 AM
Question about straight damage still stands, it's Deadlands, most of the enemies we fight that matter have Immunity: All and a kill condition T_T

Yeah, I guess I need to spend on Spirit Weapons.

Well, we have a templar and a doomsayer for those (we used to have a psiker, but he had a job offer in Texas, so he's AWOL for now) cases, in which I just stand by and apply and use stimpaks (which makes the Doomsayer happy because mutations), and in case of a gore storm (we only fought one and we were creeped out), the soldier of the group started to lob grenades.

Oh, and we have a pickup truck that randomly plays songs. My guess is that the truck is haunted.

hiryuu
2013-07-18, 12:11 PM
Yeah, I guess I need to spend on Spirit Weapons.

Well, we have a templar and a doomsayer for those (we used to have a psiker, but he had a job offer in Texas, so he's AWOL for now) cases, in which I just stand by and apply and use stimpaks (which makes the Doomsayer happy because mutations), and in case of a gore storm (we only fought one and we were creeped out), the soldier of the group started to lob grenades.

Oh, and we have a pickup truck that randomly plays songs. My guess is that the truck is haunted.

Well, no, what I mean is stuff like a hangin' judge, which HAS to be hanged. Or the fat monster from Leftovers, which literally cannot die unless you force-feed it diet pills.

That's the sort of stuff our group runs into most often >_>

ArqArturo
2013-07-18, 12:42 PM
Oh, yeah. That. We have a ghost draining our chips that the only way we can kill it (or make it leave) is that we have to go to Canada, and bury his body (FFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUU...), and then there's the creepy thing that I can't recall his name that chases you during the night to eat you like spaghetti.

And then there's Stone, who marked our Storyteller. Fun times for all.