View Full Version : Psionic Multiclass Question

DoppelgangerMan
2013-07-12, 10:57 PM
Since Erudite is a variant of Psion wouldn't it be possible to do a build of Psion with a level of Erudite to obtain the Bonus Feats to trade out for StP and maybe another Discipline and then level up only as Psion and as long as your using your powers through your Psion levels (I admit that the second Discipline might be restricted by the Unique Powers per Day limit)

DoppelgangerMan
2013-07-12, 11:45 PM
Or am I completely mistaken, I cannot seem to find anything saying you could not take a class for Multiclass if it was a variant, especially since this is very clearly a separate class.

Rubik
2013-07-12, 11:46 PM
Sorry, but you can't take the same level of the same class twice, and erudite counts as psion for this purpose (since it's a variant psion).

If you want the spell-to-power option on a regular psion, the only way I know of on how to do it involves taking three levels of illithid savant and eating the brain of an erudite to graft that ability onto yourself. Note that you don't get the UPPD limitation this way.

DoppelgangerMan
2013-07-12, 11:48 PM
I know they call it a variant psion.. but since things like Wilder are so darn similar, does that mean someone could not make a Psion/Wilder?

Psyren
2013-07-12, 11:52 PM
I know they call it a variant psion.. but since things like Wilder are so darn similar, does that mean someone could not make a Psion/Wilder?

You can do Psion/Wilder, but Wilder is not a psion variant so that doesn't say much about the original question.

DoppelgangerMan
2013-07-12, 11:54 PM
Darn I would love to have a Doppelganger Psion/Erudite due to their telepathic desires.

Rubik
2013-07-13, 12:01 AM
Darn I would love to have a Doppelganger Psion/Erudite due to their telepathic desires.Again, illithid savant from Savage Species will do it. Grab Metamorphosis to qualify and start eating braaaaaains... For less LA, go changeling. For telepathy, the 5th level ACF for telepath. Then take the Mindsight feat, in Lords of Madness.

DoppelgangerMan
2013-07-13, 12:06 AM
Ok how do I get the Metamorphosis ability to qualify? Would Illithid Heritage work to qualify?

Rubik
2013-07-13, 12:29 AM
Ok how do I get the Metamorphosis ability to qualify? Would Illithid Heritage work to qualify?Metamorphosis is a power in the XPH. You can grab it via going egoist (or by taking the changeling egoist ACF, which requires being a changeling egoist, of course, but it grants you automatic knowledge of the power), Expanded Knowledge, independent research, the Natural World mantle, or paying a psion with both it and the Psychic Chirurgery power (also in the XPH) to teach it to you.

Illithid Heritage doesn't count, according to the text of the feat. If you can convince your DM to let it qualify you, it should be fine.

DoppelgangerMan
2013-07-13, 12:38 AM
I actually think I am gonna homebrew a race based off MindFlayers but strongly influenced by the Wraith from Stargate Atlantis.

If anyone wants to PM about help with that I would be grateful.