PDA

View Full Version : Jump Town IC

Batpope Scott
2013-07-13, 01:56 AM
A New Beginning

In Jump Town, buildings can be extravagant, decidedly expensive, and more than proud of their ability to reach the heavens; the building that stands before you is none of these things. The warehouse is a throwback to older days where the homeless broke into buildings like it. The likeness is vaguely disturbing.

You all arrive, through chance or fate, at around the same time; all holding either a flyer or a private invitation from a man who calls himself Dojo for the start of a new team that he promises will be the best thing since self-slicing bread.

Staring at the entrance, all of you know that the team begins on the other side. The six of you stand amongst a crowd of nineteen hopefuls who all want to be the founding members of a team that will either sputter out quick or become a competitor; it was the way a delivery crew was destined to be.

Rhyvurg
2013-07-13, 11:43 PM
Mike stands at the back of the group, leaning against a street light. Looking around he could see a few notorious faces, some even infamous. They all seemed to have fancy gear too. Mike? He had his knucks, gloves, and a good pair of running shoes.

Theprettiestorc
2013-07-14, 01:31 AM
Raine is almost giddy, as she stares at the building. Bouncing on her feet. She's got her bow. All her arrows. Gear? All on. She's ready to make an impression! Not too terribly athletic-looking, it's a wonder why she's here. But she's not to be underestimated, no sir! She looks around, appraising people. There are some odd ones here and there. Does she stand out? Hopefully not! Doesn't want people to get the wrong idea or anything.

Daywalker1992
2013-07-14, 05:03 AM
Roshin is standing upright near the front of the group, wearing a kimono and overcoat. He got one hand on the scabbard of the sword ready to pull it if anyone among the group would try anything. He standing tall, proud and with a determined look that looks like it could pierce the toughest armor. He take a quick look to determined the competition, but look like he isn't impressed.

Jacior
2013-07-14, 08:49 PM
Tyrian had been one of the last to arrive, coasting in on a pair of customized roller-blades. Wearing jeans, a t-shirt and a hoodie, he didn't appear all that impressive. The only thing that made him stand out were the two big gauntlets he was wearing, half looking like a pair of miniature turbines. Kind of a weird fashion statement, but that was to be expected from some people. He looked around the crowd, not seeing anyone who really stood out to him, maybe the wanna-be samurai up near the front.

bryjhiro10
2013-07-15, 02:43 AM
Flex arrives last skating in on his cool new modded hoverboard, checking over the gear he decided to pack with him.

'Camera, check. Laptop, check. GPS, check.' he mentally checks off his gear.

'Katana, check,' Flex feels the grip of his katana behind his back giving a sigh of relief.

He takes a look around at everyone who has turned up noting quite a few in weird outfits as opposed to his t-shirt and jeans. His eyes are unsurprisingly drawn to the weird girl weilding a bow, why wouldn't it, she looks like an exciting child bouncing on her feet.

'Not too much competition then' Flex reassures himself

Batpope Scott
2013-07-18, 03:04 PM
The crowd, shuffling in anxiety or impatience, stands for several moments before the rusted double doors open up to reveal a lithe man of maybe thirty years with looks that stun. He appears with short brown hair and, despite his rather well cleaned face, stands in cheap clothing which makes him look halfway out of place in the cheap neighborhood. He chuckles a bit and the sound carries itself over the group. "What? Couldn't figure out how the door works? Come introduce yourselves, but get inside first." He absently rubs the stubble that he passes for a beard before adding "And try not to wreck the place, yeah?"

He walks inside and leaves the door open to all of you, revealing that the inside is much more lavish than out.

To Everyone
Please introduce yourselves and give a description of your character when you do so.

Daywalker1992
2013-07-18, 04:47 PM
Roshin takes the lead and walks inside, once inside he finds some high-ground/platform which he places himself upon. Hes a man in his early twenties, with a premature short boxed beard (like a young unshaven person), wearing a kimono (a male "dress") and normal running shoes. His hair is tied together in a knot on the back of his head, he has a determined look in his eyes.

once everyone is inside and gathered around in front of him he starts talking in a slow calm voice."My name is Aarush Roshin," Taking a deep bow. " but you may refer to me as Photon Edge. I'm trained in the ancient fighting style of the samurai's," He sends a disappointed look at all the people "The honorable way of fighting. I Assure you i'm the best choice for a man on this team; i always do my job, i never leave a team mate behind, and i never fails." Roshin takes another deep bow and jumps down and places himself in the front of the group.

bryjhiro10
2013-07-18, 05:14 PM
Flex waits until 'the man in the dress' jumps down before piping up,

"My names Flex and I'm the son of the greatest genetisist and cybernetics experts. I'm probably the most intelligent person here and thats why I should be on this team." Flex quiets down looking around the room looking for the excitable girl he saw before.

Rhyvurg
2013-07-18, 10:40 PM
"I'm Mike." He doesn't elaborate. Mike is a young man of unspecific age with brown hair, not good-looking but not ugly, dressed in grey clothing. Not cheap, but not expensive either. The only possibly extraordinary thing about him is how ordinary he is. He gives off a feeling like he might fade away entirely if no one's looking to make sure he's still there.

bryjhiro10
2013-07-19, 02:23 AM
Forgot to describe Flex

Flex is an average size young lad with (recently & hastelly combed) brown hair and black/purple rings around his one hazel and one red eye, as if he's not had too much sleep recently.He is just wearing a simple black shirt and jeans but looking quite smart and a watch on his left arm that he keeps checking almost nervously.

meavar
2013-07-19, 07:29 AM
A Guy steps of his motorcycle and walks in wearing a suit that looks vaguely like a wingsuit with a sniper rifle nearly as large as himself strapped to his back. He takes of his mask and awnsers.
"Hi, the name is Taron. And while not having the fancy parents like Flex I am sure that I can be of great use. I have some formal training and some slightly more informal when I lived on these streets as a kid. Thus I am certain that I can be a helpfull addition to any team."

bryjhiro10
2013-07-19, 09:15 AM
"Sorry I mentioned them,"Flex comments, angrily, fiddling with his watch again.

meavar
2013-07-19, 10:55 AM
"No problem, I mend no insult. I am usually not to great at these first impressions." Replys Taron sticking out a hand to shake the hand of Flex.

Theprettiestorc
2013-07-19, 11:56 AM
"Hello! I'm Raine!" Four voices all sound out in unison on the stage, as the girl from earlier just...suddenly appears. Four times over, it seems. Wearing a short skirt, with long stockings and knee-high boots, along with a sleeveless top and bracers, she doesn't seem...colorful. All blacks, and greys. Even her eyes are grey - silver, even. Short black hair...all four seem to have different posture, but they're clearly the same person. On each of their backs is a bow, and arrows - seems like a stun-gun would work much better, for situations, and the Raines don't look to be very physically strong, or in shape. At six feet tall, they're...average. And even somewhat busty. Smooth-faced, not a trace of any blemish on the skin. Each of the four take turns explaining, in girlish, eager, voices. "I know I'm not that smart, or talented, really..." "...but the best team is made up of people who can work together!" "I've got the endurance to go the distance, though..." "...and in this business, if you can't keep up, you can't make the dough, right?"

All of a sudden, they fade from view. And from behind the stage, Raine steps up, smiling. Recovering her head. "So...it's good to meet you all, and see you all here!" She gives a thumbs-up, flashing a wide grin. "I'm sure it'll be fun working with any one of you, and remember...start the day with a smile - buy CheshireCorp products today!" A corporate sellout? Or something else? She hops down, smiling at everyone as she picks a place to sit.

bryjhiro10
2013-07-19, 03:44 PM
"No offence taken, I don't know why I mentioned them anyway. I'm not usually good at first impressions anyway." Flex takes his hand and gives as firm a handshake as he can.

'Interesting, looks like she got some serious tech.' He thinks to himself watching the four Raines fade away and the true Raine appear. 'Not bad looking either.'

Jacior
2013-07-19, 10:58 PM
Tyrian rolls in last, not wanting to get in anyone's way. He's all smiles as he looks around the group. Wearing jeans, a t-shirt and a hoodie, he didn't appear all that impressive. The only thing that made him stand out were the two big gauntlets he was wearing, half looking like a pair of miniature turbines. It didn't really seem that he was the type to want to be a courier, he rather seemed like a slouch.

"My name is Tyrian Gale. I don't have the parents like "Flex" does, but I consider myself a bit of a tech guy. I made my blades and gloves." He shrugs. "I'm not a slouch, but I don't know if I can keep up with some of the people here." He hesitates and kocks his head to the side. "Maybe I should be on the team for modesty." He laughs a little before quieting down.

bryjhiro10
2013-07-20, 02:39 AM
Flex walks over to where Tyrian is stood giving him a quick look over, seeing a possible rivalry between them.

"So what makes them so special then?" Hinting at the blades and gloves.

Jacior
2013-07-20, 01:32 PM
"I think we'd all be better off if I didn't use my gloves in an enclosed place. Safer outdoors. But my blades can get me going pretty fast." Flex would notice something that would make Tyrian perhaps even more of a rival as he moves towards him. Tyrian was very, very tall. Even without his skates on he'd tower over most people.

bryjhiro10
2013-07-20, 02:05 PM
"Pretty impressive, I've just got my hoverboard," indicating to the board strapped to his back. Tyrian would also notice at this close Flex's watch looks a little more sophisticated than a normal watch.

Flex turns back to the crowd, looking for the 'interesting' girl with the 'clones'.

Theprettiestorc
2013-07-20, 07:52 PM
Raine is sitting down on the floor, cross-legged! While she checks her bow. It's a strong design, built for close combat as well as ranged. After a moment, she takes her quiver off, a multi-tiered contraption that holds all the arrows she'll need. Different colored rings mark the shafts, and if you get close enough, you can see there's at least six different types. Mostly, she's keeping to herself.

Batpope Scott
2013-07-20, 08:16 PM
Most of the others are relatively unimpressive and you hear a string of names that don't have a promising recruit: Jana, Jack, Lanon, Morgan, Elros, and Ash. The most promising is Ash and he has little apparent combat ability; sadly a large flaw in a courier.

The last one to introduce herself is a small blonde girl with a long braid coming over her shoulder and resting it's tip against her chest. She wears a grey t-shirt and blue jeans with a computer bag resting it's strap on her shoulder. "I am Svetliona, it is quite the pleasure to meet you all." An English accent permeates her speech and she pauses before continuing her introduction, as if she was thinking about what needed to be said. "I handle information. My skills make it hard for something to happen in the city without my knowledge."

Dojo, content as could be, sits himself down on a swiveling chair and smiles widely at how many of these couriers are half his age. "Niiiice. I like the lot of you, but I can only keep, like, eight or ten." The older man lists off you six and then Morgan, Ash and Svetliona as well. He points a finger to one of the doors off to the side. "Drop your stuff off in there if you want; there's bunks for all of you. If you're not ready to settle yet, I have a job already for you all."

The unchosen courier-hopefuls shamble out the door and Svetliona and Ash take no time walking over to their living spaces to check them out. Morgan waits to see what the rest will do before he goes, trying not to be left behind.

Jacior
2013-07-20, 10:17 PM
"Oh, should I have brought stuff?" Tyrian says rubbing the back of his head. "I guess that thought didn't really occur to me." Looking down at his feet and kind of gesturing at himself. "This is all I really brought. I guess I'm ready to do a job, I can grab my stuff on the way back.."

bryjhiro10
2013-07-21, 02:39 AM
"Don't sweat it," Flex says to Tyrian. "I'm just a scientist at heart, come prepared for any situation." With that Flex walked to the living area while fiddling with his watch again.

He's checking anything on Svetliona and Ash so two seperate rolls are needed. I believe its a investigation roll tell me if I'm wrong (1d20+INT+investigation)

1d20+10
1d20+10

Also for my checking on other characters is it up to the players how much I can find out?

meavar
2013-07-21, 03:04 AM
"Well.... I also did not really pack my stuff yet...
But a quick job should prove no problem." Said Taron as he threw a quick glance at the appartments.

When everyone is back in the room. "So what's the package, where is it and where does it have to go?"

Daywalker1992
2013-07-21, 04:49 AM
Roshin walks over in front of Dojo and takes a deep bow "I'm a man of travel, i have no more then i can carry." He sends a look back at the others, especially towards Flex, Svetliona and Ash whom walked in the living room. "I'm ready to take on your delivery task now, but if the others need time to settle in and learn about each other, then i can wait." He takes another deep bow and walk in to check the living room.

Rhyvurg
2013-07-21, 05:19 AM
Mike tosses his fanny pack on a bunk and goes to watch TV.

bryjhiro10
2013-07-21, 05:58 AM
Flex is sat on his bunk watching everyone get comfortable, keeping a close eye on those that 'interest' him (Svetliona, Raine and Tyrian).

"So what did you guys do before here?"he directs at no one in particular.

Daywalker1992
2013-07-21, 06:23 AM
Roshin Rises from his bunk bed and start speaking "Mostly travel, have been living my entire life in a temple, so wanted to see what the rest of the world had to offer, and what about you. he hesitates a little "Flex?"

Jacior
2013-07-21, 10:09 PM
Tyrian blinks at what Flex first says. "What? You're not making much sense." He scratches the back of his head. "I guess we're going to go hang out a bit first." He says, looking at Dojo. Not really what he was expecting. Not even an interview process.

He rolls over to the bunk room and scoots inside. "I can never find a bed to fit." Anyone paying attention will note that he never actually makes a movement with his legs, other than twisting his feet to turn. "I used to do odds and ends, you know, trying to make a living."

bryjhiro10
2013-07-22, 02:34 AM
"Just kinda trying to do anything but being a scientist. Thought here I could use my skills for something entirely different." Flex got up off his bunk and walked around the room.

Batpope Scott
2013-07-22, 03:27 AM
Though he called them bunks, the living area is filled with around twenty twin-sized beds. Each bed has a footlocker in front.

Svetliona looks at Flex after he asks his question and giggles, stating "That happens to be a secret."

Dojo gets out of his chair and starts walking off into a side room that has an opened door revealing what looks like a desk with a computer on top. "Alright. Come get me when you're done socializing, kiddos."

Theprettiestorc
2013-07-22, 03:43 AM
Raine is busy putting away some things into the foot-locker, humming. It seems she doesn't talk a lot...but she does sit on the bed, putting her hands together. And concentrates. Around her, the four clones appear into being, as if suddenly fading in. As if from a painting. She takes off her boots, and lays down on the bed, while the other four limber up.

"I'm just a whole lot of gal."

bryjhiro10
2013-07-22, 07:36 AM
"I don't care much for secrets, part of the price of being a scientists kid sorry."Flex says to Svetliona, "So how real are these 'clones'?"he asks Raine before turning towards the door."I think we're wanted,"Flex states as he walks back out to the room fiddling with his watch again.

Daywalker1992
2013-07-22, 08:12 AM
Roshin gets up and follows Flex into Dojo's office. Silently.

meavar
2013-07-22, 12:54 PM
Taron also follows Roshin and Flex into the office while saying: "Guess there is work to do." to no one in particular.

Theprettiestorc
2013-07-22, 01:55 PM
"As real as you believe them to be." All five adjust their commlinks, and the four follow into Dojo's office. "I mean, shouldn't we be asking how real you are?" "Yeah, I mean...we're not necessarily the real thing..." "But we've got every capability of each other." "We're all Raine!" While they're walking, each is taking out a different color of string, to mark who's who. Tying them around their arms. "Just call us by color, if you must."

bryjhiro10
2013-07-22, 02:37 PM
"As long as your real enough to do the job," Flex says with a smile. "At least your never alone,"Flex laughs as they wait for Dojo to speak.

Jacior
2013-07-22, 05:43 PM
Tyrian rolls his eyes. These people couldn't make up their minds. First it was go into the Bunks and now we're just going onto the job. Not even minutes! It was better than sitting around waiting though. He rolls in, last as usual. "That was a short social."

Batpope Scott
2013-07-23, 01:19 AM
Dojo spins around in his chair to look at the people flooding his office "Whoah, whoah, hold on! You can't all fit in my office like this." After he shepherds you out of his office, he chuckles his amusement and states "I've found my oddballs."

He looks the group over and asks "Are you ready for the job, then?"

Rhyvurg
2013-07-23, 02:07 AM
"I think we'd better have something to do before these kids start to get bored..."

Theprettiestorc
2013-07-23, 02:23 AM
All five speak at once. "Hey! I'm twenty, you know!"

bryjhiro10
2013-07-23, 02:56 AM
"Speak for yourself." Flex says to Mike.

"Just out of curiosity how long can you four stay around for?" Flex asks the four clones, feeling like they don't like being referred to as clones.

When Raine's spoke Flex is gonna run an investigation on cloning so I believe its d20+INT+Investigation. If its alright with you Batpope we'll leave it to prettiestorc how much he finds out since its her tech.

[roll0]

Is it fun playing same character 5 times over prettiestorc?

Daywalker1992
2013-07-23, 04:39 AM
"As ready as this bunch can be..."

Jacior
2013-07-23, 02:40 PM
"How can anyone be ready for the unknown? But I think we're prepared to try and do the job, to say the least."

Theprettiestorc
2013-07-23, 07:29 PM
"I...don't know. How long can we stick around?" "For as long as there's a central resonator going." "Pretty much, as long as there's a concentrated effort!" "...but we're still copies, regardless..."

Only if the four weren't drastically different in personality! :smallamused:

In any case. I would say that Raine's technology would involve the use of a form of nanobots. Ones that could reasonably reconstruct a whole person, gear and all, in seconds, using the abundant kinetic and potential energy in the air. I'm not sure if we're saying that she retains the memories of her duplicates, or not.

Batpope Scott
2013-07-23, 07:57 PM
"Alright it looks like a lot of you are wired for sound; You've got more than enough energy for something like this."

Dojo walks back into his office and grabs a PDA off his desk. He looks at the group again and states "The job we have as a test is a pretty simple 'Point A to Point B' deal. The tricky part is that there are other teams who want the support of our employer just as much as we do and they've been given the same chance. There's at least one team that will try and knock us out of the running by making sure this..." he holds up the PDA "...doesn't get where it's supposed to." He hands the PDA to Raine with a mumbled warning "Don't drop that, yeah?" before looking at the group and continuing "This is supposed to get to the next district over in a warehouse like this one."

He would continue, but Svetliona cuts him off "The warehouse is in Sector 5, Designation B358. It's been used as a drop point for Olympus Corp a total of thirteen times."

Dojo looks past the group at her before continuing "...riiight, and Olympus Corp happens to be our current employer." He looks over at Morgan and Ash and states that "You two will be running something else while this is going on. Hope you boys have tagged before." The two vocalize acknowledgement and become quiet to let Dojo continue.

He thinks for a moment before deciding that he doesn't have anything else he needs to say. "Any questions?"

I would say that you know that her tech is rather recent on the market. Cloning is tricky business for most people and cost exclusive to someone that's outside a major company. Flash cloning is, by comparison, a technological marvel. It's really no wonder she's a walking advertisement for Cheshire Corporation.

bryjhiro10
2013-07-24, 02:33 AM
Thanks prettiestorc for letting me find out about it.

I suppose memory retention could be a possible upgrade at a later date.

"So whats on the PDA anyway?" he asks Dojo before turning to Raine. "If you cloned while holding that PDA would the PDA clone as well."

Theprettiestorc
2013-07-24, 11:12 AM
"Quite probably, and with all of the data. Policy states that we not clone a drop, though, for the sheer fact that there should only be one object in danger of getting lost." They all flick on something in their ears - commlinks. "Are you carrying it?" "Yeah...sure..." Miss Orange carefully takes the PDA, and shifts a moment, tucking it in the safest place on her: between her cleavage. With the amount of wrappings needed to keep her in, as judging by shape, it won't get jostled at all.

Batpope Scott
2013-07-24, 04:03 PM
"Just to make this clear, the data is not to be read by anyone who isn't one of us or the guy at the drop site. If one of the other teams can tell the company what was on our PDA, we're out of the running. So, uh, don't make more of 'em?"

Dojo points at the PDA to answer the first question "And if you really care, you're allowed to read it. It's just a historical reference."

Jacior
2013-07-24, 06:21 PM
"We should be able to handle this. It's not a far trip." Tyrian says quietly. "And there's certainly enough of us to protect one little PDA."

Rhyvurg
2013-07-24, 07:27 PM
"I think we should get some look-alike packages and all carry one so other runners don't know who to target."

Theprettiestorc
2013-07-24, 08:18 PM
"It's, like...a handheld thing, though. Why would we carry anything in a big, obvious package?" She seems genuinely puzzled by this. Orange is still a bit apprehensive about the whole thing, Green has her arms crossed, and seems nonplussed about it all...and Yellow is bouncing up and down on her feet. A job! Ajobajobajobajob!!!

meavar
2013-07-25, 12:39 AM
"Well let's have a look at the route we are going to take?
We can just rush to the warehouse or take a possibly safer but longer road? "

Then with an evil grin at miss orange bosom Taron adds:
"If some others also had the same chance can we knock some heads together and take their PDA's. But at least our PDA is safely packed, with shockdampers and all."

bryjhiro10
2013-07-25, 02:34 AM
"I say we take the quickest route and get it done."[COLOR="Blue"]Flex says before turning to Talon,[COLOR="Blue"]"pervert."

"Just as long as it kept safe," Flex looks at Raine

Daywalker1992
2013-07-25, 06:31 AM
"That PDA is as safe as it can be, now that i'm here"

Batpope Scott
2013-07-26, 02:49 AM
Dojo sighs before saying "If you're done trying to make me feel better about how safe the package happens to be in Raine's shirt, you have your objective; I'd get to it before it gets dark out."

Svetliona walks past the group and sits herself in Dojo's chair before he can object. "I'll manage the mission from here. I'll keep an eye out for anything you runners would find useful."

bryjhiro10
2013-07-26, 06:49 AM
"Well sounds like fun anyway," Flex begins fiddling with his watch.

Bringing up a map of Jump City

"We need to plan the route," he directs at Svetliona.

Theprettiestorc
2013-07-26, 10:55 AM
"I'll be here with Svetliona - I have plenty of communications experience, with coordinating multiple targets and objectives. Between the two of us, we should be able to get you where you need to be." The hell she does - Raine Prime just stands behind Dojo's chair, commlink up and running. All five are getting out their cell phones. The four each press a button, before putting them away, and Raine, satisfied, checks the map.

Using the GPS feature of her cell phone - tracking all of the alternates.

"Now, the girls can run at a full sixty miles per hour while completely concealed - one-twenty, if they're out in the open. Darkvision, enhanced reflexes, and resistance to many forms of attack. I say we send O-Rainge in secret with someone who can similarly conceal themselves, and send them to the objective. G-Raine, B-Raine, and Y-Raine would be obvious choices, but they're also excellent decoys." "Hey, why does she get a nickname...?" Raine slumps a bit - why is she the only one with a different nickname? "And regardless, we should be moving as soon as possible. Cannot sit around all day."

bryjhiro10
2013-07-26, 11:31 AM
"Well I can keep up with that," Flex grabs his hoverboard, "I'm not the stealthiest but I probably have one of the best memories here so the directions won't be a problem. Plus I'd love to see how capable these clones are"

Daywalker1992
2013-07-26, 01:18 PM
"I can go with one of the decoys on my motorcycle in a different direction. I stick out like a sore thumb anyway."

meavar
2013-07-26, 11:20 PM
Well then I will join another of the decoys?

Walking towards the map and looking it over. I think we should all keep close enough together that if trouble finds us we can help each other out? Maybe 1 or 2 streets apart, If we go to far away it might be to obvious that we are not going to the right place or do you think that being that close would make the decoys useless?

Jacior
2013-07-27, 02:19 PM
"So each of us takes a Raine? I think the fastest should go with the one who has the PDA. Mostly because it seems stealth is a lacking trait amongst most of us." Tyrian says, still kind of hovering around in the back of the group.

Theprettiestorc
2013-07-28, 10:41 AM
"...hmm. Three decoys might make it obvious." "On the other hand, so is going with the fastest person. Perhaps it is best if we only have one or two of us showing for now - going on the motorcycle may be obvious, but if that's the fastest route, there would be no choice but to attack that group first." "The less anyone knows of us, the better. And I don't doubt the prowess of a samurai, to spearhead a charge." She's thinking critically here. "Two groups would be easiest to manage. We have multiple forms of transport. It may be easiest if everyone states how fast they can travel, and if their mode of travel includes room for a passenger. Roshin has a 'cycle, which would be the fastest so far, and can carry one person. But let us do this quickly, so we can get moving."

Daywalker1992
2013-07-28, 03:18 PM
"As you said my cycle can have an extra passenger and have a upper speed limit of 120 mph"

meavar
2013-07-28, 03:50 PM
I also have a motorcycle, but my driving speed limit in the city will be lower.
I can also glide from buildings at speeds equalling the motorcycle. While I might have to regain some height sometimes, I think with all these buildings around that should not be a problem.

bryjhiro10
2013-07-29, 04:56 AM
Speeds are pending approval from Batpope.

"Well this beauty can travel up to 60MPH, which I'm quite impressed at but it has also been modded to allow full Flight at about same speed." Flex is looking rather impressed with himself.

Rhyvurg
2013-07-29, 10:20 AM
"Getting the package there safely is as important as getting it there fast. We shouldn't travel to far from each other in case we're attacked."

bryjhiro10
2013-07-29, 10:55 AM
"I agree, but its good to have the speed if needed."

meavar
2013-07-30, 01:25 AM
"What will the plan be if we are attacked. We just fight and if it goes well no harm done, and once it turns sour the package will be delivered as fast as possible while the rest tries to keep the attacking gangs busy? Or will some of us delay them while some go with the package?"

Jacior
2013-07-30, 02:32 AM
"I think I could run interference for a couple people if we need it. I'm good at making a distraction. The better question is what we do if Raine loses the package or gets caught. But I'm tired of standing around, let's get going."

bryjhiro10
2013-07-30, 03:35 AM
"We could use someone up high on lookout," Flex give Svetliona a look."Unless your that good you can watch the enemy as well."

Rhyvurg
2013-07-30, 04:25 AM
"What ever happened to punching the other side until they gave up?"

Batpope Scott
2013-07-30, 04:42 AM
Svetliona smiles back at Flex and says "If I had cared enough, I could have figured out what you had for breakfast this morning when I was surveying likely candidates for this team."

Dojo gives her a quick glance before remarking "Great, now I'll have to hide the piggy bank better..."

"I agree. Your mattress is lumpy enough without a suitcase under it."

Daywalker1992
2013-07-30, 05:57 AM
"I'm with Mike or what-ever-his-name-is on this one. When we are attacked, we should stand our ground and fight until we are victories. Then and first then we can continue moving the package."

bryjhiro10
2013-07-30, 01:05 PM
"Glad we got another genius on the team," Flex smirks. "Unfortunately due to the modifications I've made, although its big enough, it can't hold anyone else, just one thing I'm hoping to improve." he says giving his board a look over.

meavar
2013-07-30, 02:14 PM
"Ok, fighting it is. So then what are we waiting for."
Says Tarin while he starts walking to the exit.

Theprettiestorc
2013-07-31, 10:49 AM
"Hmm...alright. So we have two fliers, which bypass traffic...and the guys on the ground can move quick enough to keep up. I would say we have a flying group, and a 'running' group. The fliers are air support, and scouts." Eheheh. "Unfortunately, I don't know how to drive a motorcycle, even if you do have the spare. And about the only way that package is getting lost is if they kill the right one." Raine
starts to shake a bit. Ohgodno what's she gonna do they want to kill her now an-URK. Raine gives her a reassuring hug. It's alright, really!

"Ready to move, in any case."

bryjhiro10
2013-08-03, 03:48 AM
"Well lets head off then," Flex says turning for the door.

Rhyvurg
2013-08-03, 05:12 PM
Mike kind of moves with the group, like an animal in a herd.

Daywalker1992
2013-08-04, 05:31 AM
Roshin leaves the room with the rest, once outside he saddles up on his motorcycle.

Jacior
2013-08-04, 12:40 PM
"I wonder exactly what we've gotten ourselves into." Tyrian says rolling out last behind the others. "It's going to be interesting to say the least."

meavar
2013-08-05, 12:11 AM
Once most people are outside Tarin scrambles up a building, seeming to stick to the wall without any effort. There he waits till everyone seems ready to be of.

Batpope Scott
2013-08-05, 09:29 AM
As the group saddles up and gets ready to move, Svetliona says over each of your cell phones, or comm links, "I'm set up in here with Raine. Head south up Kingsley road before going up the fast track ramp. Be careful, this area is filled with the Street Kings. If you run into them, you're going to have to fight your way out; they don't take well to intruders in this part of their territory."

"Heh, yeah. That's why this property was a cheap as it was. I saved a bundle!"

Theprettiestorc
2013-08-05, 09:14 PM
Raine looks critically at Dojo, shaking her head. "...you are a horrible, horrible man."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Sure thing!"

Rhyvurg
2013-08-05, 11:49 PM
Mike gets on the back of the motorcycle.

Batpope Scott
2013-08-06, 05:00 AM
Svetliona sighs her agreement with Raine audibly. "Awh, come on, it was a really good deal..."

"I would get going if I were you, team. The sooner we're paid, the sooner we can spend it."

meavar
2013-08-06, 03:24 PM
`Well let's get going then.` Says Tarin while gliding to a nearby building.

Jacior
2013-08-07, 12:21 AM
"You guys have never had to scrape for a place to live then. Sometimes cheaper is worth the trouble." Tyrian crouches down and plays around with his skates a bit. Within moments, they were audibly humming from something contained inside the wheels. "There we go. Ready when you are."

Daywalker1992
2013-08-07, 07:19 AM
"lets get going then" says roshin as he start driving up Kingsley Road.

bryjhiro10
2013-08-11, 09:27 AM
Flex just sets off on his hoverboard following Roshin, looking for a jump to gain enough altitude to enable flight.

Theprettiestorc
2013-08-11, 12:03 PM
The Raines, fully concealed, run beside and behind Roshin, legs pumping quickly and powerfully. Cardio's essential to any good deliverer!

meavar
2013-08-13, 04:15 AM
Tarin glides above Roshin. Somtimes diverting to some of the larger nearby bouldings climbing a few meters so he stays somewhere between 15-30 meters above the street.

I asume with 15 meter Tarin wil be well above the height of ordinary houses. But still enough larger bouldings to keep the height.

Batpope Scott
2013-08-15, 12:09 PM
As is the usual in the city, the radio host working for U.P. DJ's, is at her best to let everyone in the city know what's going on.

"Helloooo, Jump Town! It's a splendid 9:15AM, mostly because I didn't want to wake up early enough to do a nine, and we've already got things going down! It seems that we've got five new courier teams on the move and they're all worked up and ready to roll with our regulars. Keep an eye out for 'em on your way to work because they ain't stopping for anybody!"

JOB 1: KINGSLEY AND BEYOND!

"Kingsley road is a two-lane going up one of safer neighborhoods in the city. The area is presided over by two gangs, who split it down the middle along Garland street, who are both full of oddballs. The first gang, the Street Kings, believe they're going to bring back some class to the streets. The second gang, the Rippers, are well known for targeting couriers specifically to make sure their packages don't get delivered. You better try and avoid both."

As gives that last piece of advice, you all spot a group of "Oddballs" as Svetliona put it. A group of three young men, parking their hot rod hovercars, are standing near the hoods of the center vehicle. The center vehicle is decal'd with flames and the ma sitting on it is in a white shirt and blue jeans, his hair slicked back in a pompadour. The other two have similar hairstyles and both are wearing jackets; one leather, one jean. They're off to the side of the road, under a street lamp plastered with new courier ads.

The group doesn't seem to notice you and you could probably detour around, but the group isn't large and you'd likely have to go through an alley or side street to get to your destination.

Jacior
2013-08-17, 02:42 AM
Tyrian kept up, to the side of the motorcycle. "We going around or straight through? That guy's hair irritates me." He grabs onto his gauntlets. "Tell me now, these things can be fiddly."

meavar
2013-08-18, 06:37 AM
Tarin swerves to the left side. Climbing to the top of one of the larger buildings there he looks down into the alley and the street beyond.

"I will have a quick look at this street, if possible I prefer to evade contact. No need to waste time confronting them even if there are only a few guys. Or do we prefer to eliminate the treat now there are only a few of them? At least let's make sure that they have not holed up in nearby alleys before we confront them? I will check the left side can you have a look on the right?"