PDA

View Full Version : Daemorous's Den

Daedrous Avari
2006-12-09, 02:05 PM
Daemorous's Den
Exterior

http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/6784/signsy3.png
reads a sign outside of Daemorous's Den, the red dragon terror's home. It's warning is correct, for you have just stepped as far as you can get to the gargantuan dragon's home without getting burnt to a crisp.

A few rocky patterns at his mountain den form a path leading to a crystal-like glass door, formed with sand and a dragon's fire. If you attempt to break the glass, whatever you use simply bounces off.
http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/3457/gatescn9.png

The glass door will only open if know the password.

Interior
http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/9434/reddragonkt2.gif
A gargantuan red dragon by the name of Daemorous sleeps on a green gem, with its eyes open, unfortunately. Its eyes will often move around, and it will roll over in its sleep. Moving Silently is a must if you don't want to die in here.

(Daemorous's Listen Bonus is high.)

Daemorous's Gem (The Alzora Gem)
The gem Daemorous cares for is an artifact straight from the volcano of Alzora. He stole it from his mother after killing it. It can do the following:

Armor Bonus: When in posession of Daemorous's gem, you have +4 AC and are invulnerable to Acid and Fire.
(Almost) Indestructible: The Alzora Gem can only be destroyed if it is thrown into the Alzora Volcano or if Daemorous's family's fire breathes upon it.
Valuable: The Alzora Gem is worth 25 million gold pieces at any market, 30 million at the Black Market.
Command: The Alzora Gem can take control of any dragon in Daemorous's family until Daemorous recieves it.
Hidden Effects: The effects of the Alzora Gem are hidden, and can only be learned by a level 30 sorceror (or higher) with the spell Fireball or can be told to you by Daemorous or anyone in his family.
Dark Reunion: The Alzora Gem can summon the entire family including Alzora and Irav to wreak havoc. It is a powerful tool and is often sought after by evil masterminds, wizards, liches and more.
I leave you with one last message: Enter at your own risk!

Daedrous Avari
2006-12-09, 02:06 PM
Daemorous curls up and opens his claw, revealing the Alzora Gem. He rests his head on it and goes to sleep; or so it is apparent.

Epix
2006-12-09, 02:28 PM
Epix stands outside of the door, wondering what the password. He mumbles to himself and flaps his wings.
I wonder what the pass word is, hmmmm. Dragon!!!!!!!! no that's too obvious.

Daedrous Avari
2006-12-09, 02:46 PM
Snores grow loud from beyond the door. The door shakes, but no response to the password attempt.

Epix
2006-12-09, 03:31 PM
Epix starts to think harder. Hes getting annoyed. He suddenly has an idea.
Aha!!! Daemorous! thats gotta be it!
He shouts teh password and hopes the dragon is a heavy sleeper.

Daedrous Avari
2006-12-09, 03:48 PM
The gates slowly open from their closed position, revealing the interior of his Den.

Epix
2006-12-09, 04:06 PM
Epix sees the gates opening and checks over all of his equipment.
Ok, lets see. Glaive: Check. Shield: Check. Sword: Check. Armor: check. Talisman of the Godess of luck and good fortune: check.
Finding that everything is in order, Epix takes flight and flies into the den of Deamorous. He lands on an outcropping of rock and espies the gigantic dragon.
Man, just LOOKING at him makes me feel like i should have stayed home today.

Daedrous Avari
2006-12-10, 07:02 PM
The dragon continues sleeping, the door closing.

Epix
2006-12-10, 07:25 PM
Epix looks behind him to see the doors closing.
Uh oh. That can't be good. Trapped in a cave with a big red dragon. I can think of plenty other ways to spend my day.
Epix starts looking around the cave and smiles.
This reminds me of home. Slightly.

Daedrous Avari
2006-12-11, 03:07 PM
The dragon moves his head slightly off the gem.

Epix
2006-12-11, 04:00 PM
Epix, seeing his goal, shifts closer. He stops, waware that the dragon might be setting a trap. Epix creates an illusion of himself, which heads towards teh gem, slowly. The real Epix starts circling back to get a good vantage point on the next few moments.

Daedrous Avari
2006-12-12, 03:23 PM
The dragon roars and opens its mouth, releasing a jet of flame upon the Epix Illusion. It keeps its left claw on the gem.

Fualkner Asiniti
2006-12-12, 03:42 PM
Fualkner wispers the password and sneaks in. He sees Epix's and decides to help. He wispers in a silky tone and small spiders swarm from all cracks. They crawl in all directions towards the dragon and its gem.

Daedrous Avari
2006-12-12, 05:14 PM
[ How does Faulkner know the password? ]

Epix
2006-12-12, 06:19 PM
Epix smiles as his illusion is blasted from existence. He shakes off a couple of spiders that are on his shoulder. Epix readies his glaive and jumps from his hiding place. He pumps his wings to gain altitude, then drops toward the dragon, his glaive held before him like a lance.
Hey, red-head, up here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fualkner Asiniti
2006-12-13, 07:15 AM
[ How does Faulkner know the password? ]

Spiders are everywhere. If there is a spider nearby, he knows what's going on.

Fualkner thinks about his history (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17658&page=3). And you somehow read his mind.

He casts improved invisiblity and hides, waiting to see what happens.

Daedrous Avari
2006-12-13, 03:26 PM
[ Interesting power. ]
The dragon forms a grin upon his face. His eyes glow a hideous red, his wings beginning to pump. He flies to the side, then makes a gliding attack upon Epix.

Fualkner Asiniti
2006-12-13, 04:29 PM
Fualkner quickly casts a wall of force around the dragon. He then wispers to the spiders. They start swarming the gem and slowly start to move it. Some split off to protet Epix with a spider-y suit of armor.

((Keep in mind he's still invisible for... 49 more rounds. Thanks for the compliment, I really love spider-recon alot.))

Epix
2006-12-13, 05:59 PM
Epix, seeing his intial attack fail, spits lightning at the red dragon. Hiding behind the glare, he dodges the attack from the red. He sees the spiders dragging the gem away.
Hey, get that back here!!!!!!!!!!!!
Epix whispers a word of power and his glaive EXTENDS, and with a swipe sends the gem flying into a corner.

Fualkner Asiniti
2006-12-13, 07:22 PM
Fualkner scribbles something onto a peice of paper. He folds it into a paper airplane and throws it to Epix.

The letter reads:
Greetings. I am Fualkner Asiniti. I am not interested in stealing this treasure from you. I would like to share it. Split it if possible. Sorry about not telling you my intentions.

Sincerely,

Fualkner Asiniti.

Epix
2006-12-14, 04:18 PM
Epix catches the plane and reads the message, all the while dodging attempts from the dragon to mangle him.
Sure thing!!! But first lets try to stay alive and get the gem, preferably in that order!

((by the way, how do you do spoilers? never really got the hang of them))

Daedrous Avari
2006-12-14, 04:19 PM
The gem is too heavy to lift, killing the spiders in the process. Daemorous flies down in protection of the gem, breathing a large jet of flame.

AmberVael
2006-12-14, 04:22 PM
((You places the word 'spoiler' in brackets, type in whatever you want, and then place '/spoiler' in brackets after the text. Quote this for an example:
Spoiler!
See?))

Fualkner Asiniti
2006-12-14, 04:38 PM
The spiders climb onto the dragon as he lands. They spread all over him, biting him as they go with poisonous fangs. Larger spiders start to crawl into the area, heading towards the dragon. Fualkner throws a ball of webbing onto the wall near the gem, and tries to swing over the dragon.

Epix
2006-12-14, 05:22 PM
Epix, seeing the dragon falter, charges and starts hacking at the hide of the dragon with his glaive. He calls forth many lightning bolts that fly at the dragon.
Eat lightning, scale face!!!!!!!

Daedrous Avari
2006-12-14, 07:51 PM
The lightning bolts jounce off the dragon's scaled armor. It roars a mighty cackle of sorts, then proceeds to release a jet of flame at the spiders, then another one directed at Epix's face.

Fualkner Asiniti
2006-12-15, 07:27 AM
Fualkner flies over the dragon. He tosses a fabricated gem that looks exactly like the real gem next to the real thing. His body covers up the real gem. He turns over, groaning. The jet of fire is spreading towards Epix and some spiders. Suddenly, blue-and-white spiders appear and try to knock them out of the way.

(Sorry, is this better?)

Daedrous Avari
2006-12-15, 04:49 PM
[ That's godmodding, technically. ]

Fualkner Asiniti
2006-12-15, 10:11 PM
(Sorry, tried to fix it.)

Reptilus
2006-12-16, 12:08 PM
"Daemorous," Snake says, using telepathy to read the password from any of the minds in the vicinity. As the gate swings open, he activates his stealth suit and turns incorporeal. The stealth blocks all of his incorporeal form contained within it from the visual spectrum, and the lack of a physical body removes it from other forms of detection (no heat, et ceteras). Floating in to the lair, he realizes that guns (aside from being very hard to use incorporeally) won't help him in this situation, uses his telekinesis to pull at both of the gems, reaching out with telepathy to Faulkner's mind to see if he can determine which gem is real.

((He has made no noise, holds no visible form, and has given no hint telepathically as to his identity; he hasn't sent a telepathic message, he's looking through the heads of those he telepathically interacts with.))

Epix
2006-12-16, 12:46 PM
Epix dodges out of the way of the jet of flame, and circles back toward the dragon. he sees the gems heading toward a certain area and casts Glitterdust at the intended target. He then ports in front of the gems and scoops them up.

Reptilus
2006-12-16, 02:09 PM
Snake pushes the dust away with a small amount of telekinesis, dispersing it around him as if he were simple air and holding it together so that it appears to outline part of a dragon to the left of where he is. The pull continues on the stones, growing stronger as Epix's hands latch around them.

McBish
2006-12-16, 02:27 PM
((Hm... we have magic/psionic transparency, maybe we should start to have tech/magic/psionic transparency for all you future people.))

Reptilus
2006-12-16, 02:32 PM
((Well, it wouldn't theoretically matter; a spell that camouflaged you, rather than made you invisible wouldn't be affected. In D&D terms, think of it as getting an infinite bonus to hide. I'm not invisible, just impossible to see, if the difference makes sense. I could also have just telekinetically dispersed the actual dust of glitterdust so it didn't work or teleported to a slightly different part of the room.))

McBish
2006-12-16, 02:34 PM
((Well gliterdust gives minus 40 to all hide checks due to being covered in giant glittery dust. Not that it really matters to me. Just musing.))

Reptilus
2006-12-16, 02:41 PM
((-40 doesn't really bring "infinite" down to "possible." I'll telekineticalyl solve the problem, anyway, just to make it absolutely safe from free-form ruleslawyering. Thanks for the advice, McBish.))

Epix
2006-12-16, 03:42 PM
Epix tucks the Gems into an extra dimensional pouch. He tries to fly back toward the dragon and Fualkner.

Reptilus
2006-12-16, 04:09 PM
The telekinetic pull switches to the pouch, pulling with even greater force (enough to easily lift 400 pounds) towards Snake.

Epix
2006-12-16, 05:15 PM
Epix wraps himself around the pouch, determined not to let the gems get away.

Reptilus
2006-12-16, 06:24 PM
((How much does Epix weigh?))

Epix
2006-12-16, 06:51 PM
(( Nowhere near 400 lbs. Just over 140lbs. Im guessing that Epix will be stuck for a while.))

Reptilus
2006-12-16, 08:25 PM
Snake pulls on Epxi with enough force to arrest his motion, but not life him anywhere.
My name is Plasma Snake. This artefact is too powerful for anyone to possess; it should be destroyed unless it falls into the wrong hands or its power corrupts either of you.

Fualkner Asiniti
2006-12-16, 11:29 PM
Fualkner lifts himself off the ground. He sees snake trying to steal the gems. He opens his mouth to speak for the first time in a while.

Ooh, no. Not while I'm here. Those gems are for Epix and me, you freeloading bum!

He blows a whistle hanging around his neck. The floor rumbles, and a utterly gargantuan spider bursts through the floor. It sprays a huge amount of webbing towards Snake. An invisible ripple flies through the air and lands on the spider's back. A needler is drawn and fired toward Snake.

Face the wrath of Cruthamire, you theif!

Thri-Kreen_DK
2006-12-16, 11:35 PM
(Daemorus:Deamundus:Deadrous.... Hmm....)

Epix
2006-12-17, 12:45 PM
Epix laughs at Snakes decree.
To powerful, you must be joking!!! This is for me and Fualkner.
Epix keeps on struggling with the pouch of gems.
Let go, you foolish whatever you are!

Fualkner Asiniti
2006-12-17, 01:07 PM
Epix is right. You are just a man with specail abilities. You cannot possibly think that we remotely believe that you will actually destroy the gem. If you are so confident it will corrupt us, then why not you? Epix and I will keep each other in check. But you... You will corrupt. And don't think your invisiblity trick will work. With engough spiders, anything is possible.

Fualkner directs the spiders to find Snake and swarm him to give a visible outline.

Rainspattered
2006-12-17, 01:40 PM
((So, let me get this straight; you've seen something that does not appear on any visual spectrum, and has no corporeal body to possess scent or sound or taste, and are now shooting web at something that has no corporeal body? Something that can just use telekinesis to move the sipiders in an outline around something else? Faulkner, your plan has a few holes, just so you know. . .))

Reptilus
2006-12-17, 02:05 PM
The webbing strikes the telekinetic barried used to simulate the outline of a dragon, where the glitterdust is also caught. Similarly, the army of spiders is intercepted by the now-clearly-drawn outline of a Dragon like the one on the floor below.
I won't be corrupted because I don't intend to let this gem to leave the Cave, Snake telekinetically explains, I'm going to destroy it before any of us leave. Give me the Gem peacefully before the two dragons kill all three of us and keep the stone for themselves!
Snake teleports a hand grenade below the giant spider and detonates it as soon as it takes corporeal form, before anyone can tell it was a hand grenade; it appears in the world already an explosion.
It's invisible mate's already attacking! Snake adds, hoping the grenade's explosion looks enough like a Fireball spell to convince them. If not, it'd probably still make a terrible mess of that spider.

Daedrous Avari
2006-12-17, 03:43 PM
Ahem. The password changes after three uses.

The mighty dragon hisses, flying towards Snake and Epix. He lands in the middle of them, throwing a large jet of flame twentyxtwenty feet.

He lands next to his gem, pushing Epix off and placing it on it's chest, a strange adhesive keeping it on. He flies into the air, roaring loud.

[By the way, if you do destroy the gem, the cave will be destroyed, so you might want to take that back.]

Reptilus
2006-12-17, 03:49 PM
((Incorporeal. If they die from their greed, it's their own fault, as far as Snake's concerned.))

The flame rolls over the shape of a dragon that Snake is still using as a force-shield ((think of it as a shaped wall of force all around him)), and the invisible spy once again pulls at the gem on the dragon's chest, starting with a force of four-hundred pounds, once again.

Daedrous Avari
2006-12-17, 04:10 PM
The invisible spy does not manage to pull the gem from the chest. The dragon looks down, showering himself in flame.

[I'm immune to flame damage, so you're toast.]

Reptilus
2006-12-17, 04:12 PM
((Telekinesis; I'm nowhere near you and, even if I were, still have no body to be injured as of right now. Didn't you just hit the gem in your own flame, though?))

Fualkner Asiniti
2006-12-17, 05:41 PM
Bah! Your telekinese is a cheap parlor trick. You can't trick me. I grow tired of your annoyances. I believe it is time to teach you a lesson in trickery.

He pulls 2 scrolls out of his pockets. One he uses on the dragon, turning it etheral. The second is also used, though it has no obvious effect.

((Both are epic spell. Hasa la vista, Snake, have fun with that dragon.))

Admiral One
2006-12-17, 05:51 PM
Salner walks up to the doors and kneels in front of them. He concentrates hard and he begins shifting through the sounds around him. Slowly passing from vibration to vibration, he eventually comes across the word he is searching for.

"Daemorous"

As the password has changed, the doors do not open. He frowns as he realizes that his skills are about to be tested. He looks up at the doors and reads the words upon them.

"Its been a while, but...dragon's...strength?"

Reptilus
2006-12-17, 06:30 PM
((So, now its attacks will just go through me and the attacks I did not make against it will not harm it, because neither of us has a body? I fail to see how that's worthy of quotation. I also fail to see how simply saying your scroll works upon the Dragon isn't god-modding, but that's another matter.))

If you knew a single synonym for "Trick" I might be afraid, Snake says condescendingly into Faulkner's head, dispelling his dragon-shaped shield for a much simpler psionic sphere around himself.

Fualkner Asiniti
2006-12-17, 06:46 PM
Fualkner quickly catches the hint of Snake's mind. He speak telepathically.

Shouldn't have done that... Psions know the mind all too well. Now, let's make this breach bigger.

He tries to rip a larger breach into his mind.

((I kinda figured that the dragon would like to go and attack the only guy who is currently trying to rip away his gem. Kinda logical, is it not?))

Reptilus
2006-12-17, 06:58 PM
((Neither of us has a body to take physical harm, so I doubt it wishes to lose the ability to harm you and Epix, really.))

I was genetically engineered to be the best psionic, don't even try it. I can control men like you control Spiders and have to wear a headband to block out the thoughts of those around me from going into my head when I'm not even trying to read someone's mind. Snake replies, resisting the takeover and using his telekinesis to apply eight-hundreds pounts of pressure all around Faulkner's ribage for just long enough that he can feel it without being actually crushed to death, then stops the assault. I don't like to use my psychic powers unless I absolutely have to, and this gem is too powerful for a mortal to possess. The fact that you will not relinquish it's power for the greater good proves that it's already starting to corrupt you; your desire for its power, enough to try and kill a man who has done you no harm, shows your corruption. Snake adds, angrily, to the spider-controller.

Admiral One
2006-12-17, 07:13 PM
((well, technically, incorporeal means having no material body, meaning that you are not made up of matter. if you arent made up of matter, then arent you made up of energy, and so wouldnt the two types of energy be able to affect each other? just wondering))

Fualkner Asiniti
2006-12-17, 08:41 PM
Oh, no. You misunderstand. I am not nessessarily trying to kill you. But you are being corrupted by the power. You want to desroy the gem? I doubt it. Anyway, this will go into a museum of unbreachable defense. It is dangerous if misused, but if it is destroyed we will have no way of controlling this dragon or his kin. Don't you see?

Fualkner takes a monent to collect his thoughs.

Oh, yes, and that pressure you put on me... you should feel it right about... now.

The telekinesis hits Snake with twice the force it hit Fualkner. Fualkner laughs as the power hits. His hands move to his belt, but he doesn't do anything yet.

((You are both incorporal. Therefore, you are both able to attack each other.))

Reptilus
2006-12-17, 11:32 PM
((I have no body to hit. I take up no space; I have no mass, and also no location, so therefore, cannot be struck, because I am nowhere. Additionally, I'm psionic consciousness, not ethereal form. I'm just the extension of my willpower, it's a creature that's part of some other plane or something. As non-matter, we can occupy the same space at the same time, since I take up no space unless I choose to telekinetically make myself do so and he may take up the same space as matter. He wouldn't bite into me, he would bite through me, like a ghost reaching through somebody without hurting them.))
I really do just want to destroy the gem, too. As a telepath, you should be able to read my mind and tell that. I'm not exactly hiding what I'm thinking from you.))

The stealth suit folds on in itself, acting as it would if you put almost two-thousand pounds of pressure on an empty garment; in fact, exactly as such. The stealth suit, it would seem, is an empty garment. Snake's body is not crushed as he has no body to crush.

Yes, I am trying to get the dragon to bathe itself in flame, risking the gem's status, for my personal amusement and to make stealing the gem more daring. You caught me. I'm not taking action to destroy it because I wanted it destroyed, I'm just a damned moron. Snake responds sarcastically, As for your plan, there is no such thing as unbreachable defense, trust me. I've broken into more unbreachable defenses than I can count on my fingers and toes without breaking a sweat. And controlling this dragon and his kin? Theat's like asking for a powermad conqueror to pick this up. You can have the noble intent of detering the dragons, but it's too dangerous that somebody could control them. If you can fight this one off to get the gem, just fight the rest off if they even attack. Now let's end this stone and be down with it, before anyone else comes in brings this closer to a disaster. There are some things people aren't meant to have, Faulkner. This is one of them. End it.

Daedrous Avari
2006-12-18, 03:33 PM
ONLY POST ONCE BETWEEN MY POSTS OR ELSE I CAN'T RESPOND TO ALL OF YOU. ONE AT A TIME.

[[Snake, you just said you were NEAR THE DRAGON. GOD.]]

[THE GEM CAN'T BE DAMAGED, IT'S IN HIS ARMOR.]

The dragon looks at the intruders. He breathes flame on them, and then claws at the villains.

The flame is magical. If you are incorporeal, then you'll still be damaged.

And Snake, how can you interact even with telekinisis? You are technically not on the material plane.

Anyways....

The dragon stays in the air, not worring anymore about the intruders.

Admiral One
2006-12-18, 04:01 PM
Salner, while waiting to see if he is getting the password right, listens intently. He closes his eyes and kneels on the ground. After a short period of time, he casts Null Psionics Field. He also yells out several possiblities for the password ((including the words on the door Daedrous, see page 2)):

"Irav? Alzora? "

Epix
2006-12-18, 04:28 PM
Epix dodges all the attacks on his preson. With the gems now back in custody of the dragon, he is going to have to do all that work over again.
AArrrrgghh!! Damn you snake!!! Ill not let you get away with this!

Daedrous Avari
2006-12-18, 05:20 PM
The dragon grins. Before you, the entire cavern begins to shake as Daemorous begins to speak. The doors stay swing to open position. (You got it right!) Enough, villains! My mother's gem belongs to me!

Looking upon the faces of them (or non faces), the dragon growls. "I pity you. You think you can challenge the greatest dragon of all to steal such an artifact you would not know how to handle? Think of your RESPONSIBILITIES!"

And with the speech, the red lizard reveals a stained glass window, which he bursts through. Inside is a burning church, with pictures of red dragons adorning more windows.

"Come and get it. You are in my sanctum now."

The door shuts to a closed position, and the room shrouds into darkness.

[ONLY POST ONCE BETWEEN MY POSTS OR ELSE I CAN'T RESPOND TO ALL OF YOU. ONE AT A TIME. Think of it as the second phase of a boss battle in FF, it's turn based.]

Epix
2006-12-18, 05:30 PM
Epix tears after Daemorous like the four horsemen at the apocalypse.

Admiral One
2006-12-18, 05:37 PM
Salner literally follows like the four horsemen of the apocalypse, summoning a chariot from another plane.

((bloody hell, dont know which word was right))

Daedrous Avari
2006-12-18, 06:05 PM
Daemorous forms a laugh with his translated draconic, and then stares at Epix and Salner. The gem turns a red, and Daemorous breathes a green fire at the two well taking their hits.

Reptilus
2006-12-18, 06:46 PM
((Near the dragon: I said I was inside the dragon illusion I created out of force, hoping to trick those two ruffians into believing that there were two dragons instead of one. My apologies for the confusion.
Flame: No. That does not work. You cannot light something that is not there aflame. I am on the material plane, at least in the respect that I have not planeshifted. I am not in the respet that I exist purely as thought; I am a force. You cannot set gravity on fire. You cannot set electromagnetism on fire. Similarly, as a being of pure psionic force, I cannot be set aflame. Additionally, I am in a locus solely defined by my own perception of myself; it's a variation on the Shrodinger's cat idea, I am neither here nor there because it does not matter if I am here or there. I exist on a purely quantum level, in that my body, theoretically matter, is behaving as energy behaves, in this instance, a force. It's at times like these that I loved having majoured in Phyisics. Anyway, since he did define himself at a location, the fire burned away the stealth suit, and he'll now be visible as long as he defines his location. If his location is undefined, he will be unable to use telekinesis to pull things towards himself, although he will be able to otherwise move them with it.))
Snake teleports into the room behind the dragon, where he telepathically transmits into the Dragon's mind, and the Dragon's alone, You've got a point, it isn't our right to steal the gem. I was wrong to destroy it, it's yours and you have the right to have it. Care for some aid against these creatures. The fire that traveled over his "body" earlier burnt the stealth suit away, giving Snake's psionic manifestation a green glow when he has defined his location. If he chooses to remove such definition, he becomes totally invisible once more, as he has no location to be seen at. Anyone trying to magically/psionically determine his location will discover him literally everywhere. At the moment, though, he is in a green, vaguely human-shaped glow.

Admiral One
2006-12-18, 06:49 PM
Salner swerves the chariot away from the fire and readies his spear. The horses loudly protest being so near to flame but listen to their driver. Salner then readies himself for another charge, this time coming along the flank of the dragon. He raises his spear and thrusts it forwards, attempting to wound the dragon somewhat.

((um, salner has a null psionics field around him.))

Reptilus
2006-12-18, 07:08 PM
((No, it's freeform roleplaying. Either kind of ruleslawyering is invalid. According to D&D rules, by the way, walls of force block breath weapons. So, as a creature of force, his breath weapon still does not effect me.
As for the null psionics field, I just wink out and then back into reality if I go within ten feet of you, following the rules of an astral construct. Since, as a sentient force, I define my location, this will not be a problem.))

Epix
2006-12-18, 07:11 PM
Epix dodges the burst of flame and ripostes with several bolts of lightning, one issuing from his mouth. He converses with the dragon in Draconic.
You think you're invincible? Ive been around your kind long enough to know where you are weakest. You are going to tire eventually, and we have the advantage in numbers. At least He looks at the faint glow of Snake, the ones that would rather see it put to use somewhere.

Reptilus
2006-12-18, 07:33 PM
((But right now, he is just psionic power, so I think he'd just disappear. Anyway, moot point, due to quantum location powers.))

Fualkner Asiniti
2006-12-18, 10:35 PM
(Amen, Admiral. I though I was the only one ticked off at this guy. Thanks a lot.)

Fualkner's shimmer propells itself off of Cruthamire's back. He flies towards the dragon, flying on a strand of webs. Cruthamire is behind him, jumping with an incredible speed. It passes Fualkner's shimmer, and forms a huge ball of webs. It flings the ball, which explodes towards the dragon. Cruthamire is close behind. Fualkner gets to the wall behind the dragon and sticks to the wall. He writes quickly onto to sheets of paper, folds them into airplanes, and tosses them to Epix and Admiral.

The letter says:
Snag the gem. As soon as you do that, I'll get some phase spiders in here and we can escape. I'll cover our rear with an earthquake. Remember, just snag the gem.

Good luck. Fualkner Asiniti

Admiral One
2006-12-19, 07:29 AM
((actually, reptilus and i have made peace via PM. lol. Oh, and his name is Salner, just to let you know))

Daedrous Avari
2006-12-19, 03:10 PM
The dragon smirks at Snake. "I expect you to suceed if you wish to help me."Daemorous flies up into the air, breathing a large pillar of flame on the floor, beginning to ignite it as he pulls a spear out of his side and laughs at their remarks as the lightning blinks off his armor and gives the gem power. It still slightly wounds him.

Fualkner Asiniti
2006-12-19, 03:33 PM
((... Daedrous. You forgot about the giant spider flying through the air.))

Admiral One
2006-12-19, 03:49 PM
As the spear is pulled from the dragon's side, the head remains within the flesh, freezing, and shocking the skin around it. Salner retreats and brings his chariot around. He draws a strange, curved, single edge sword, but stops upon receiving the paper airplane. Reading quickly, he contacts Fualkner telepathically.

Sounds good, but it'll take some carefull planning. I need an opening and cover.

((the gem is stuck on the dragon right?))

Epix
2006-12-19, 05:47 PM
Epix catches the plane, reads, and nods in approval. He sighs, and then charges at the dragon.
You had your chance, now im going to send you back to whatever Hell you came from!!!!!!!!!

Daedrous Avari
2006-12-19, 06:43 PM
[Yes. But why would the head get stuck in there? It's not like it does that much damage to a gargantuan dragon.]

Daemorous shields himself in flame again and roars as he tears at Epix and the spider.

You have no chance. There is no way.

Reptilus
2006-12-19, 07:02 PM
((Yeah, I pointed out that I'd had actually more damage and attacked less than anyone else here, so I wasn't really godmodding. I just had to go to extreme measures to stand up against both the dragon and the robbers. Now that I have an ally, we may returned to our regularly scheduled mortal character.))

I won't disappoint you, Snake sends to the Dragon, throwing up a telekinetic sphere effect around the gem, only a hemisphere stopping at the Dragon's chest, rather than a full sphere, to give it added protection on the dragon's chest.
Seeing the four-way assault, Snake does what he can to even the odds by flinging a series of large, black spheres of force swirling with electricity ((think a much bigger, more powerful version of Magic Missiles, made of force, with electricity damage added for the static buildup they're creating with themselves)) at Faulkner's location while diving with a shield of force around himself towards Salner.

((Salner, unless I somehow manage not to land close neough to you, I become just a human in body armour with a lot of guns in your null-psionics zone. Feel free to take care of that.))

Epix
2006-12-19, 07:23 PM
Epix dodges a couple of swipes from the dragon, as well as the ball of force, then positions himself right where the wings meet the body on the dragon. He give a great cry, then proceeds to attack the mustle keeping the dragon in the air.

Reptilus
2006-12-19, 07:25 PM
((I didn't throw any at you, so that probably wasn't too hard to dodge. :smallwink: ))

Daedrous Avari
2006-12-19, 07:29 PM
[ Epix, you'd start burning. On fire. Fast. ]

Admiral One
2006-12-19, 09:48 PM
((the head stuck in the body thing is automatic. not too effective at the moment, but whatever))

Salner sees Snake coming and veers his chariot towards him. He readies his sword and suddenly releases the reins of the chariot, dismissing the chariot + horses once he is 10 ft away. He rolls with the momentum and arrives on his feet as close to Snake as possible.

((he's hoping to land right in front of him so he can slice him with his sword, its kinda hard to describe without actually killing him))

Reptilus
2006-12-20, 11:00 AM
Snake feels his shield disappear and moments later feels himself become corporeal. Seeing an armed man right next to him, Snake pulls his feet out from under him and falls flat along the ground to dodge under a slash or thrust. Rolling away quickly, realizing his weakness to a quick downward chop, Snake comes to hie feet a few feet away from Salner and draws his gun.

((I don't know exactly how you slashed, so Snake probably got a minor cut or two from the slashes, feel free to write in noticing them or something.))

Daedrous Avari
2006-12-20, 05:03 PM
Daemorous shakes off Epix, who begins to burn. As Epix falls, he opens his mouth and air-charges him. You should've never came!

(Sorry if it sounds like godmodding, I'll change it if it is.)

Now that I have an ally, we may returned to our regularly scheduled mortal character.
I may have to sig that.

Fualkner Asiniti
2006-12-20, 05:36 PM
Cruthamire flies up behind Epix. She sprays a huge amount of webs towards Daemorus's mouth, trying to seal it shut. She reaches out one of her arms to catch Epix.

Fualkner, on the wall, swings towards the dragon. As he does, he notices that the spiders on the floor are burning. He screams to them, but to no avail. They all burn. Fualkner moans and starts to spasm. Spider legs break through the back of his shirt. More eyes appear on his face. In seconds, he has transformed into a giant spider as big as the dragon. His invisiblity is gone. His spider legs, however, have hands at the ends of them. His equipment has grown to match his size. Still flying towards the dragon, he draws his greatsword and prepares to attack. With another hand he uses a scroll of douse on Epix.

Admiral One
2006-12-20, 06:12 PM
((his arm was cocked behind him, as he was trying to deal a lethal blow, so i doubt he would have actually wounded snake))

Salner brings his arm down, only to miss Snake. Realizing that guns will be involved, he slings his shield off his back, bringing it in front of him, and kneels so that he can peer over the edge (helmet to protect the rest of him). His sword is back in his sheath and he snatches his spear from the ground.

((right now he's kinda looking like Achilles when he's fighting Hector in Troy, with the spear leaning on the shield))

Epix
2006-12-20, 06:43 PM
((soryy ppeople, i was away.))

Epix tumbles away from the dragon, blisters forming on his hide and his hair on fire. He grabs the arm of Cruthamire, then experimantally flaps his wings to find out that they work. He pulls a ring from a pouch, and slips it on his finger. Epix flies away from Cruthamire then shouts in Draconic:
WHITE ICE!!!!
Daemorous is then blasted with the breath of a white dragon, which incedentally is ice.(Ring of Dragons breath, baby!!)

Daedrous Avari
2006-12-20, 07:14 PM
Daemorous begins to fall to the ground, his wings frozen. He growls in severe pain as they melt off, leaving hideous scars from the injury. The web shoots over his head, however he uses some of it to seal the wound. He looks around, and rushes, attempting to gore him.

[I take another hit :(]

Rebonack
2006-12-20, 07:37 PM
"-st!' this time!" Regiji's sentence finishes right as he shifts into the middle of the blazing floor, the dancing flames immediately catching his entirely mundane clothing alight.

"Gah!"

He leaps into the air, rather high actually, and simply hangs there rather falling back to the solid (albeit burning) footing below. Apparently Gravity is too busy making sure the snowflakes keep falling outside to notice. Regiji begins to wildly beat at his flammable clothing and manages to extinguish the flames before the his tunic burns off entirely. He glances about the room, making quick note of the giant spider and the red dragon that are currently doing battle with one another.

Eerr, it appears I was a bit off mark with that shift.

"No kidding Sal, I think it's safe to say this isn't the Town Square," he darts straight up in the air out of the path of the charging dragon. "How long will it be before you can get me out of here?"

For a full re-charge? Ten minutes and thirty seconds.

"Lovely Sal, that's just great," he sighs, then glances down at carnage below. "You know, I think I'm going to put my money on the giant spider. Anything with a sword that big is a force to be reckoned with."

I'll take that offer. You lose, I control the body tommorow, deal?

"And if I win no more of that lame music when I'm trying to go to sleep."

Agreed.

After watching for (what seems to him anyway) ten minutes, Regiji is getting impatient.

"Booooring," Regiji doesn't appear to be too interested in the fight at this point. "Time's up Sal, get us out of here."

I'll do my best!

*sigh*

Regiji vanishes once again.

Reptilus
2006-12-20, 11:24 PM
((Faulkner, the magic-missile type projectiles I flung at you? They follow you like the Magic Missile, only they're very powerful balls of force and surrounded in static-based lightning. I think there's some archmage spell like it, in DnD. Just add lightning to that.))

Firing a few shots with the SOCOM ((a silenced, not that that matters, pistol)) at Salner to keep him more busy while he draws a few C4, which he expertly tosses, to deal with the larger problem. Throwing half at the Spider's large, hard-to-miss body and the other half at one leg or another, hoping for a hit that will have more physical effect, Snake readies the detonator and waits to see where his plastic explosives land before setting them off.

Admiral One
2006-12-21, 03:53 PM
Salner ducks behind his shield and then rolls to the side, swiping his spear at Snake as soon as he's facing the other away, then following through and landing on his feet where he had originally started off. ((the rest of this is going to happen no matter what snake does, as Salner will be hiding behind his shield so he wont see the result of his attack, so ill just describe it anyways))

He then launches his spear at the dragon, aiming for the eye. Disarmed, he undoes a latch on his bracers (leather wrapped around his arm) and unravels the leather rapidly, holding on to one end. Once fully extended, the leather strip thickens into a whip, which Salner readies for another pass at Snake.

((took me long enough to settle on one weapon))

Fualkner Asiniti
2006-12-21, 04:37 PM
Cruthamire, realizing that the Dragon has dropped, folds her body into a tight ball. Fualkner does the same. They begin to drop, heading straight down to the dragon's wings. They grab on, trying to ground the dragon. Fualkner raises his sword to cleave the wing from the dragon. The sword drips with poison.

((If this is godmodding, then I'll change it. Still a semi-newbie at this.))

Daedrous Avari
2006-12-21, 04:37 PM
The spear passes by his face. Daemorous growls, knocks Epix to the side and attempts to gore him again, the3n rushes at Salner, attempting to gore him as well.

[Faulkner, that post is out of order. Technically, I'm already on the ground and I'm just about to gore Epix.]

[So let's say you're about to stab me...]

Daemorous rushes by, leaving Faulkner to hit the ground.

Epix
2006-12-21, 06:14 PM
((what happened to the ice i threw at you?))
Epix barely dodges the dragon, then ripostes with a slash at the dragons hide. He also calls forth anohter blast of ice, aimed at the dragons head.

Reptilus
2006-12-21, 07:40 PM
((It froze his wings, which subsequently melted off. What I'm wondering about are the balls of force and plastic explosives I threw at Faulkner.))

As the spear scratches against Snake's body armour, he pivots and jumps to dodge the blow before it can cuth through the armour or simply hit below it. A gash on his side opens up, just above his hip, as the speak cut in below the body armour before he leapt away.

Fualkner Asiniti
2006-12-21, 08:08 PM
As Fualkner falls, He approches the ground and spreads his legs out. He sees the explosives and twists out of the way dexrously. Some still hit the tips of his legs. Fualkner still holding his sword back. The sword is dripping with poison that is soaking his hands. He slashes at the dragon.

Daedrous Avari
2006-12-22, 03:10 PM
[Don't control my character, Faulkner. Daemorous is on the ground.]

The dragon smirks and uses his claw to attempt to knock Faulkner to the side, then begins running at a faster pace to attack Epix as the ice hits twenty feet away.

[Prepare to be gored.

[I mean come on, you guys have to at least take one hit... Me and Snake are getting beat up!]

Fualkner Asiniti
2006-12-22, 03:41 PM
((Edited the post above.))

Fualkner flies over to the side, hit by the dragon's ram. As he does, he grabs a scroll from his belt. Then he crumples into a ball of limbs. Cruthamire, however, jumps towards the dragon, fangs bared.

Admiral One
2006-12-22, 04:51 PM
Salner swings the whip around, trying to knock the guns out of Reptilus' reach and maybe wounding him a little.

Reptilus
2006-12-22, 05:15 PM
Continuing away from Salner, Snake draws his Nikita and fires two missiles, remote controlling one towards Salner, hoping to get behind his shield, and one towards the head of the giant spider.
The whip hits the SOCOM on the ground and knocks it to the far side of the room, but snake appears unconcerned as he controls the missiles towards Salner and the Spider. The whip hits his shoulder and his concentration falters a little, turning the missile heading for Cruthamire from its head to its neck.

Admiral One
2006-12-22, 06:51 PM
Salner's eyes widen.

Son of a...

He jumps several feet backwards and throws 4 shruikan at the missile, hoping to destroy it before it hits him. ((hiding behind his shield still; snake might be out of the field by now, damn it))

I really need to look into getting some high tech stuff.

Daedrous Avari
2006-12-23, 10:54 AM
Daemorous roars and is knocked into the ground as Faulkner's giant spider tears at his skin near his wings. He speeds up and runs to the other side of the room will fighting a battle with his enemy.

Epix
2006-12-23, 12:55 PM
Epix runs after the dragon, flaping his wings to cover more ground. He discards his glaive and pulls out a scimitar. He straps his shield on (which incidentally has been hanging at his side since the beginning), then casts MIRROR IMAGE on himself.

Fualkner Asiniti
2006-12-23, 02:19 PM
((FYI, Cruthamire's poison numbs the body and mind, and also causes muscles to lock up.))

The missle connects with Cruthamire's head, tumbling her over onto her back. Fualkner screams and pulls out a needler. He crushes it and throws plasma core peices at Snake. A chitine a foot tall suddenly appears on Fualkner's back, holding 6 needlers. Fualkner breaks and tosses plamsa cores at Snake at high velocity.

Daedrous Avari
2006-12-23, 02:43 PM
Daemorous sees this as an oppurtunity, and flies from the cave as he regenerates. "We'll meet again, Snake. I hope you finish these fools."

The doors close, closing off any exit except for a tunnel in the cathedral going back to the Town.

Fualkner Asiniti
2006-12-25, 04:48 PM
Fualkner morphs back into his normal form.

Well, seeing as we have nothing to fight about, I'll be leaving. Goodbye everyone, I hope to see you all again!

He leaves.

Epix
2006-12-25, 09:00 PM
Epix salutes Fualkner as he departs.
Good fortune till we meet again, maybe we'll be luckier.
Epix 'ports out, heading out to sea.

Daedrous Avari
2006-12-25, 09:40 PM
[ You forget about Snake attacking you? ]

Fualkner Asiniti
2006-12-26, 02:18 PM
((Pff. Snake can do as he pleases. We're out.))

Epix
2006-12-26, 02:27 PM
((Ditto. Ive got placees to go. Besides, Salner still has to finish with him. The reson I came was to get the jewel, not duke it out with some hyper-tech psionicist. With the Dragon gone, the reason im here has vanished.))

Admiral One
2006-12-27, 12:00 PM
((thanks alot Epix, I came to get you for the Dark Viper))

"Well, now that the dragon's gone, I suppose we have no reason to fight. Want to call it a draw?"

Edit (3 days after my original post): Salner and Snake are suddenly surrounded by a swarm of bats. They do not attack either of them, but when they finally leave, Salner has vanished.

Daedrous Avari
2007-01-07, 12:09 PM
Snake leaves. (sorry for controlling your char for a sec)

Daemorous enters and closes the doors. The password is changed.