PDA

View Full Version : Please help with some minor tweaks!

GreyBlack
2013-07-13, 09:20 AM
Hi all! Long time lurker, first time poster, etc. etc., but anywho, I'm here! Off to the races.

So a friend of mine is building a 3.5 campaign that he wants to build out to 20, and asked that I not bring anything too, too stupid (no CoDzilla or anything like that), but I rather relish doing the stupid so I came up with this character idea: Wild warrior hermit comes out of the woodworks to protect his home. He doesn't believe that magic actually exists, it's simply an extension of himself and the natural world around him. There's some weird stuff in his backstory, but it basically pushed me into the idea of a dual classed gish type, so I'm almost thinking (weirdly enough) of going Duskblade 5/Druid 3/Arcane Heirophant 10/xx 2. The long and the short of it is using the duskblade channeling and base attack to help me survive lower levels/do damage, while at higher levels wading in in Wild Shape and dishing out channeled bites/slams/pain. Combined with taking the obtain familiar feat to make my druid companion all sorts of derp, I thought I'd try it out.

Only question I have is this: I have everything planned out up until the last 2 levels; does it make more sense to a) go Druid 5 for some extra Wild Shape goodness and level 8 Druid spells, b) go Duskblade 7 for +16 BAB, level 5 Duskblade spells and a 20CL with Duskblade (the Spell Power being some icing on the cake), or c) go Mystic Theruge 2 get highest spell progression on both sides without the class features?

TL;DR BUILD NOTES:

Human Duskblade 5/Druid 3/Arcane Heirophant 10/xx 2

Feats: Power Attack, Versatile Spellcasting, Obtain Familiar, Practiced Spellcaster (Druid), Arcane Strike, Wild Spell, Practiced Spellcaster (Duskblade), Knowledge Devotion

Stats Rolled: str14, dex10, con14, int15,wis17,cha10

No flaws, no paragon.

EDIT: The feats are not set in stone, they can be manipulated, but those seemed to fit the character best.

avr
2013-07-13, 09:42 AM
I don't think familiars and animal companions combine without homebrew. Not that a familiar can't be useful if you kit it out with magic items, but it might not do what you want. If that pushes you towards a different feat, arcane disciple could widen your spell selection yet further (war domain gives divine power...)

At level 20, one more point of BAB won't make that much difference IMO. The target of +16 by level 20 is more there to guide you along the way. I'd probably go for a couple of levels in MT to finish the character, should it get so far. This is especially true if you get arcane disciple (war).

GreyBlack
2013-07-13, 09:51 AM
I don't think familiars and animal companions combine without homebrew. Not that a familiar can't be useful if you kit it out with magic items, but it might not do what you want. If that pushes you towards a different feat, arcane disciple could widen your spell selection yet further (war domain gives divine power...)

At level 20, one more point of BAB won't make that much difference IMO. The target of +16 by level 20 is more there to guide you along the way. I'd probably go for a couple of levels in MT to finish the character, should it get so far. This is especially true if you get arcane disciple (war).

Class ability of the Arcane Heirophant is Companion Familiar. While you lose your familiar, your companion gains abilities as though it were a familiar.