PDA

View Full Version : Truename magic?

Draconisister
2013-07-13, 03:05 PM
I have been looking at the ToM and I am intrigued by Truename magic but it seems incomplete and not very well thought out in general. It is probably the worst put together concept in 3.5 is there anyway to fix it in to something use able.?

DementedFellow
2013-07-13, 03:16 PM
It is incomplete, you can find the DC for the Evolving Map in the errata.

If a DM approves this, then they are probably going to have to understand that an Item Familiar is going to be used as soon as possible. To deny such an item would hurt the character.

I believe there is a homebrew truenamer class floating around the forums, but it's been my experience that a DM will be more apt to agree to an Item Familiar before agreeing to a homebrew class of an already established class, especially when the homebrew is clearly better.

CyberThread
2013-07-13, 03:18 PM
yeah just google truenamer fix, and look for one with lot's of replies so you can show it to your DM and say it was vetted and stuff.

Psyren
2013-07-13, 03:20 PM
I recommend Kyeudo's Truenamer fix in my sig, it is the closest to the original design but with the math actually working :smallsmile:

Darth Stabber
2013-07-13, 03:54 PM
If you decide to play the class as written you should read this (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=214115). And be careful, you might lose the ability to taste ice cream, so be sure you know where there is a pinkberry or froyo.

Draconisister
2013-07-13, 03:56 PM
I think i will be using Kyeudo's I like it alot better. I had found Kellus' fix but i like the feel of what hey had started in ToM and Kyeudo's is closer to it. now lets hope my DM will also like it or just be confussled by all of it.