PDA

View Full Version : Cannibalism ?

CyberThread
2013-07-13, 03:16 PM
anything mechanically in d&d that represents cannibalism for a player to use , like feats or prcs.

Nettlekid
2013-07-13, 03:28 PM
There are a couple of spells in the Book of Vile Darkness, like Absorb Mind and Absorb Strength, that require you to eat some of your opponent. Likewise, the spell Bite of the King....sorta has you eat your enemy. But not really. Ghouls are created from the corpse of a cannibal, so that's something. Look through BoVD, I'm sure you'll find some things there.

A bit of a tricky thing is that since there are different races in D&D, there's a lot less "cannibalism" and more "eating of fellow sentient creatures". Is a human eating an elf cannibalism? Some might say yes, some might say no.

Grod_The_Giant
2013-07-13, 04:36 PM
If you don't mind homebrew, I've got something for you (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=12253056#post12253056).

Not quite what you're looking for, but I'm a big fan of the spell Dire Hunger. The target grows a bite attack, but must spend the rest of the fight running around biting the nearest living creature.

Sylthia
2013-07-13, 04:42 PM
Refluff Heroes Feast to being the conjured corpses of your fallen enemies, or require a body as a material component.

Kuulvheysoon
2013-07-13, 06:11 PM
Refluff Heroes Feast to being the conjured corpses of your fallen enemies, or require a body as a material component.

I can't decide whether that's horrifying or awesome.

Dusk Eclipse
2013-07-13, 06:32 PM
Dusk Giants from Heroes of Horror have some special rules for cannibalizing corpses (they get bigger and nastier the more they eat), you could probably get some ideas from them.

Karnith
2013-07-13, 06:36 PM
Dusk Giants from Heroes of Horror have some special rules for cannibalizing corpses (they get bigger and nastier the more they eat), you could probably get some ideas from them.
Barghests (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/barghest.htm) do something similar, if your book access is limited.

Cheiromancer
2013-07-13, 06:47 PM

It's horrifying AND awesome! :smalleek:

Darth Stabber
2013-07-13, 06:49 PM

The correct answer is both!

Nettlekid
2013-07-13, 06:55 PM

On this line of thought, you could take the Spell Thematics feat and make "Cannibalism" your theme. Perhaps voluntarily add a scrap of human jerky to be eaten as an additional material component to your spells, snacking out of your spell component pouch.

Of course, you could always just use (Baleful) Polymorph to turn people into like, small animals, vegetables and other meats, and eat them. This has the added benefit of them being alive when you eat them, if you want that. You could probably cool your drinks with Flesh to Ice, and season with Flesh to Salt.

Why are you doing this, again?

Darth Stabber
2013-07-13, 07:11 PM
Magic missile launches miniature likenesses of your face to eat small pieces of your foes, or is just a barrage of forks.

Maw of chaos is now centered on you (and you are immune to the effects, and you are now full).

The feat willing deformity (teeth) gives you a bite attack. Do with that what you will.

Alter the BoVD sacrifice rules to allow cannibalism as opposed to just murder.

Hostile empathic transfer.