PDA

View Full Version : [New Race, PF] Flamekin - Seeking Feedback

Xerlith
2013-07-14, 03:53 AM
I feel that this deserves at least a +2 LA. Still, isn't Pathfinder void of LA races?
To me it seems that there's not much reason (Aside from RP) not to play this race.

Debihuman
2013-07-14, 08:18 AM
I feel that this deserves at least a +2 LA. Still, isn't Pathfinder void of LA races?
To me it seems that there's not much reason (Aside from RP) not to play this race.

While Pathfinder doesn't use LA, it does RPs (Race Points) Standard is 1-10. Advanced is 11-20. Clearly, a race with 17 Race Points is overpowered compared to standard races. LA+3 is closer.

However, "You cannot pick a type with an RP cost equal to or higher than the maximum RP cost of the power level of the race you are building."

You either lose elemental immunity or you pick Monstrous race. I recommend losing the immunity and making it resistance 5.

Debby

Xerlith
2013-07-14, 08:28 AM
Thanks for explanation.
How about giving away the "fleet-footed" trait and instead make it so Nimble Attacks and Quick Reactions are alternative racial traits?
I think the fire subtype gives fire immunity anyway, and giving just resistance instead kinda... Makes it a genasi spin-off instead of a proper elemental being.

Debihuman
2013-07-14, 09:21 AM
Fire Immunity is a monstrous trait and thus can't be used on advanced races. It's Pathfinder's rules.

Debby

Xerlith
2013-07-14, 09:48 AM
That's kind of what I'm hinting at.

Xerlith
2013-07-14, 04:23 PM
Why do you suggest making the feats alternate traits?

Because that'd allow it to have lower LA. Since it's directed at sorcerers, they'd like to have their spell levels as soon as possible.