PDA

View Full Version : Epic Level Build Help?

Prof Willis
2013-07-13, 08:23 PM
I'm in a campaign with three other people, and we're about to hit epic levels (evall around 19). My character is a human weretiger LA +2 (Factotum 8/Chameleon 9), and the rest of the party consists of a human vampire (swashbucker/duskblade, level 17 before LA), illusionist/mind-control focused gnome (sorcerer/I forget), and dragonborn cleric/warpriest. Right now, my charcter is the skillmonkey, utility caster (arcane/divine focus errday), and backup everything-else.

What I'm wondering is, once I finish Chameleon, should I just take more Factotum levels, or should I start taking levels in another class?

Urpriest
2013-07-13, 08:39 PM
Depends, really. How many more levels do you think are going to gain before the campaign ends?

Factotum does have some more good abilities, Cunning Breach at 11 in particular (and Cunning Brilliance at 19 if your DM rules favorably on how it works).

Since you're already a couple levels in to epic, what have you been doing with your epic feats thus far?

Prof Willis
2013-07-14, 01:18 AM
We've been playing for almost a full year on this campaign, and we've got about that long to go, so I expect we'll get to at least the high 30s if we keep going at the rate we are.

I'm not into epic *quite* yet, I'm at ECL 19 with the LA from Weretiger. Unless that is epic, in which case I'm stupid >> I've read a lot of the sourcebooks, but this is my first real 3.5 game.

Verditude
2013-07-14, 01:51 AM
You're supposed to have weretiger hit dice on top of your LA. I think 6. That puts you at ECL 25. I'd ask Urpriest if you have more questions; he's the expert on this stuff.

ericp65
2013-07-14, 10:34 AM
We've been playing for almost a full year on this campaign, and we've got about that long to go, so I expect we'll get to at least the high 30s if we keep going at the rate we are.

I'm not into epic *quite* yet, I'm at ECL 19 with the LA from Weretiger. Unless that is epic, in which case I'm stupid >> I've read a lot of the sourcebooks, but this is my first real 3.5 game.

Epic begins at Character Level 21. As mentioned, if the HD addition bumps you beyond Character Level 20, your character is epic.

Urpriest
2013-07-14, 10:37 AM

As others have said, you have Tiger racial hit dice, unless you've done some unspeakably sneaky trick to get rid of them. Or you've been forgetting them, which happens, but really shouldn't. If you're not familiar with how racial hit dice work, check out the handbook in my sig, and ask your DM how you're going to handle the fact that you've been forgetting six of your character's levels for a long-running game.