PDA

View Full Version : Taking Creative Build Requests (community version)

123456789blaaa
2013-07-13, 11:03 PM
I was looking at the "Taking Creative Build Requests (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121932)" thread created by sonofzeal and it seemed pretty cool. It's also very dead so the mods suggested I create a new one instead of resurrecting the old one. Anyways, read the first post of the thread I linked and you should know how this works. The only difference is that it will be everyone coming up with builds instead of mostly Zeal.

On with the first requests!:

Request #1:: Create a build that is built around the theme of being a parasite.

Request #2:: A build that focuses on breaking objects that doesn't make your party want to murder you for destroying loot.

Request #3: Create a build that focuses on vermin. The build shouldn't be able to be replicated by just using animals instead of vermin (for example, a 20 level druid who takes a bunch of the vermin ACF's. The animals are just flat out better than the vermin and can do almost everything the vermin do. It just weaken the build for flavor reasons). The build also shouldn't be gamebreaking (for example, by using the 10nth level of the Vermin Lord PRC) but also shouldn't fall below tier 4 in power.

Jeff the Green
2013-07-14, 01:20 AM
Lessee. #2:

Human Wizard 5/Alchemist Savant 5/Master Alchemist 10.
Feats:

H: Least Dragonmark (making)
1: Apprentice (Craftsman)
3: Extraordinary Artisan
W5: Brew Potion
6: Skill Focus (Craft [alchemy])
9: Magical Artisan (potions),
12: Leadership
15: Legendary Artisan
18: Favored in Guild (arcane guild)
Full casting, able to create up to four potion tiles (of any spell) in a day for less than half the normal cost. Give your fighter friend a potion of shapechange! Contingencies for everyone!

Normally I'd consider Leadership out of bounds for this sort of thing, but in this case we're getting it so we can pick up a raft of assistants to help make alchemical items and a cohort Truenamer to fix our potion tiles for us. It's not strictly necessary and can be replaced with a metamagic feat, another crafting feat, or Arcane Disciple (Potions of divine power? Yes please!).

Alienist
2013-07-14, 05:38 AM
Warlock has some interesting vermin options, including the ability to summon swarms all day, every day

123456789blaaa
2013-07-14, 10:01 PM
Just a reminder to everyone: you can post requests and we'll do our best to fulfill them :smallbiggrin:.

Lessee. #2:

Human Wizard 5/Alchemist Savant 5/Master Alchemist 10.
Feats:

H: Least Dragonmark (making)
1: Apprentice (Craftsman)
3: Extraordinary Artisan
W5: Brew Potion
6: Skill Focus (Craft [alchemy])
9: Magical Artisan (potions),
12: Leadership
15: Legendary Artisan
18: Favored in Guild (arcane guild)
Full casting, able to create up to four potion tiles (of any spell) in a day for less than half the normal cost. Give your fighter friend a potion of shapechange! Contingencies for everyone!

Normally I'd consider Leadership out of bounds for this sort of thing, but in this case we're getting it so we can pick up a raft of assistants to help make alchemical items and a cohort Truenamer to fix our potion tiles for us. It's not strictly necessary and can be replaced with a metamagic feat, another crafting feat, or Arcane Disciple (Potions of divine power? Yes please!).

HAH nice :smallcool:.It does focus on breaking objects

Warlock has some interesting vermin options, including the ability to summon swarms all day, every day

Summon Swarm is pretty good for the first few level but kind of drops off badly after. Actually most of the vermin invocations aren't that great. The only one I would really peg as "good" is Sudden Swarm from DotU.