PDA

View Full Version : [GIFT] The Gift of Friendship

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-09, 06:24 PM
There isn't much in the way of a "surprise," but I wanted to make this entry regardless.

Friendship Domain
Granted Power: 1/day, you can cast a Friendship Domain spell on a target who would normally be beyond the range of the spell, as long as you are in communication with the target at the time.
1.Bless
2.Shield Other
3.Good Hope
4.Death Ward
5.Heroism, Greater
6.Gift of Friendship*: Grants the target morale bonuses, temporary hp, and charms them.
7.Sending, Greater*: As sending, but with no word limit and two-way capabilities.
8.Death PactM
9.I’m Not Gonna Let You DieX*: By sacrificing some of your life essence, you can preserve the life of a friend when he would otherwise die.

*New spell described here.

Gift of Friendship
Enchantment (Charm, Compulsion) [Mind-Affecting]
Level: Friendship 6
Components: V, S, DF
Casting Time: 1 full round
Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
Target: One creature
Duration: 1 day/level
Save: Will negates
SR: Yes

The target of this spell, on a failed Will save, becomes charmed as the charm person spell and gains 1d6 temporary hp per caster level, as well as a +3 morale bonus on attack rolls and Will saves.

I'm Not Gonna Let You Die
Abjuration/Necromancy
Level: Friendship 9
Components: V, S, DF, XP
Casting Time: 10 minutes
Range: Touch
Target: Creature touched
Duration: Permanent (D)
Save: Will negates
SR: Yes

This spell creates a ward around the target creature. Whenever that creature would die as the result of ability damage, ability drain, death effects, disease, drowning, hit point damage, posion, or suffocation, you gain 1 negative level and prevent the target creature from dying. The XP is not spent until the target would die. Spending the XP automatically dispels any non-instantaneous magical or psionic effect that is affecting the target and causing ability damage, ability drain, death effects, disease, drowning, hit point damage, posion, or suffocation. Non-magical non-intantaneous causes of these effects require the caster to gain 1 negative level per round until the cause ceases to affect the target. If the caster gives his or her life through taking on too many negative levels, the effect of this spell ends.

Sending, Greater
Evocation
Level: Friendship 7
Components: V, S, DF
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: See text
Target: One creature
Duration: Concentration, up to 1 minute/level (D)
Save: None
SR: No

As sending, but with no word limit, and it can work even across planar boundaries with no chance of failure.
[hr]

This entry is dedicated to Ilev10000 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/member.php?u=7349), who plans to kill himself on December 31st. PM him to give him your support.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-19, 12:09 AM
Bumping now that there is actually stuff here to be critiqued.

Wolfie_1066
2006-12-19, 12:16 AM
thats cool :smallwink: you just forgot what deitys might have this domain...otherwise i would use it on my clerics :smallbiggrin:

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-19, 12:30 AM
Honestly, I know the deities of my homebrew better than ones from the PHB at this point, and my homebrew deities woul be uselss to everyone else. Just give it to whatever deity seems most appropriate.

Peregrine
2006-12-30, 12:53 PM
Yeah, I don't see that specifying deities is necessary to homebrew. Especially since the official deities are Product Identity... :smallwink:

Should I'm not gonna let you die (henceforth to be abbreviated INGLYD, which is quite a fortuitous acronym!) be 'Permanent until discharged', or do you have to spend the XP every single time the target faces death from now until you yourself die? Do you really have to expend the XP or can you choose to let them die? Is this really proof against all forms of death or only against death from injury, death effects, or whatever? If it does work against all forms of death, how much time does it buy them, when facing death from old age, before you have to expend the next bout of XP (or, if you make it permanent until discharged, how much time do you have in which to recast the spell, if you want to preserve their life for another X length of time?)

In short, I think INGLYD has some complicated issues you might want to consider. :smallsmile:

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-30, 10:05 PM
Thank yu for the critiquing. I'm a bit too tired to respond in detail right now, but I'll make some changes and elaborate on them later.