PDA

View Full Version : Change Shape for +2 LA?

Alokue
2013-07-14, 10:30 AM
Would giving someone Change Shape for +2 LA as the doppelganger ability be too strong? This is a pretty high optimization game and it's gestalt. If you think it is too strong, could you suggest a use/time limitation or a number of forms limitation or both that would bring it down to +2? If you think it is too weak, do you think I should put it at +1? Is there a way to do this that I haven't seen?

Urpriest
2013-07-14, 10:43 AM
Well, essentially you're getting Alter Self, probably the most powerful second level spell, at-will, with the extra benefit that you also get Extraordinary Special Attacks of the form chosen. That's pretty potent, but it does depend on what level you're playing at, as eventually classes can surpass that. What's your starting level?

Alokue
2013-07-14, 11:18 AM
We're starting at level five and going to ten. It's an espionage-heavy campaign.

Urpriest
2013-07-14, 11:38 AM
We're starting at level five and going to ten. It's an espionage-heavy campaign.

If it's espionage-heavy rather than combat-heavy, is there any reason the Changeling's ability won't work?

Alokue
2013-07-14, 01:41 PM
I think he's reading Changeling's "minor features" wording a bit harshly. I'll ask him about it.