PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Alchemist dip for Sorcerer

Laniius
2013-07-14, 01:25 PM
Would a 1 level dip of Mindchemist/Vivisectionist be worth it for a Sorcerer? I would lose 1 caster level (already have my traits full so I can't take that one) but in exchange I would get +1d6 sneak attack (useful for my build as I'm playing him kind of like a rogue - seeker archetype) and +4 to charisma once per day for 10 minutes to boost my save DC's.

I'm leaning towards "yes" but I was wondering if anyone tried something similar.

navar100
2013-07-14, 01:53 PM
How often do you expect to be within 30 ft and the opponent doesn't have his Dex modifier to AC? Take the best case scenario of you always going first in every first round of combat before your opponent. What about the rest of the combat? How long do you have to wait until you can cast Greater Invisibility? Will you cast it every combat? Is all this effort worth it to you just to get +1d6 damage?

StreamOfTheSky
2013-07-14, 03:16 PM
It's not worth it for a sorcerer.

It's the best in a field of bad options if going into Arcane Trickster.

Also keep in mind that boosting your charisma for 10 minutes will be at the expense of your constitution.

Feint's End
2013-07-14, 08:46 PM
No because the advantages you get are not worth putting your already slower casting progression even farther away. I mean a bit of sneak attack (which won't do anything for you as long as you don't specialize in the whole part) and this charisma boost in exchange for postponing your progression? No thanks.