PDA

View Full Version : Bad Parrot

MikelaC1
2013-07-14, 04:41 PM
And now for the silly file. Those of you who know the Canadian social landscape (English vs. French) will get a laugh out of this. A parrot has been "deported" from the Montreal biodome for...wait for it...learning too many English words. The parrot will deported to the Metro Toronto zoo next week as the Quebec language police strike again.

Gravitron5000
2013-07-15, 08:14 AM
The source of this is a satire website. All stories I've found link back to The Beaverton, which is a satirical website akin to The Onion. It's good satire though. Here's the source article.

http://www.thebeaverton.com/montreal/item/785-parrot-removed-from-montreal-biodome-after-learning-too-much-english

Manga Shoggoth
2013-07-15, 09:15 AM
The source of this is a satire website. All stories I've found link back to The Beaverton, which is a satirical website akin to The Onion. It's good satire though. Here's the source article.

http://www.thebeaverton.com/montreal/item/785-parrot-removed-from-montreal-biodome-after-learning-too-much-english

In which case, one must ask whether all the words are euphimisms for death.

(I'll pick up the links when I get home - sounds like it might be an interesting site...)

Eldan
2013-07-15, 09:28 AM
You know, giving audiobooks to parrots might actually be a good idea. I have a friend with an African Grey, giving it my collection of Discworld and Dresden Files might produce some interesting vocabulary.

Morbis Meh
2013-07-15, 09:37 AM
*Face palm* Oh Quebec... you would think they have something better to do with their time but alas they really don't help their cause with actions like these. Personally I would play some death metal to a parrot, I think the results would be more amusing XD

TheThan
2013-07-15, 08:21 PM
I once had a friend that taught her cockatiel to whistle the Enzite song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyXMO0uBHjM).
That’s a bad bird right there.

Coidzor
2013-07-15, 08:23 PM
I once had a friend that taught her cockatiel to whistle the Enzite song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyXMO0uBHjM).
That’s a bad bird right there.

Your friend is an evil, evil woman. :smallbiggrin:

Mauve Shirt
2013-07-15, 08:31 PM
Cyrus will say "Hello" in about 30 different ways, and clicks to show his arrogance, but recently I discovered he's figured out how to open the doors behind his water dishes and climb out of his cage. Bad parrot indeed.

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2013-07-15, 09:10 PM
Cyrus will say "Hello" in about 30 different ways, and clicks to show his arrogance, but recently I discovered he's figured out how to open the doors behind his water dishes and climb out of his cage. Bad parrot indeed.

Cyrus is my favourite parrot though.

Mostly cause he's the only parrot I get constant updates about :smallbiggrin:

Coidzor
2013-07-15, 10:07 PM

I always forget you have a parrot just in time to hear amazing parrot facts. :smallbiggrin:

Ravens_cry
2013-07-15, 10:10 PM
You know, giving audiobooks to parrots might actually be a good idea. I have a friend with an African Grey, giving it my collection of Discworld and Dresden Files might produce some interesting vocabulary.
I so would want a parrot that said "Millennium hand and shrimp!":smallbiggrin:

Ulysses WkAmil
2013-07-16, 02:53 AM
I always wanted to buy hundreds of parrots, teach them the MacGyver theme song, then release them back into the wild, where they will teach other birds the MacGyver theme song.

Eldan
2013-07-16, 03:54 AM
But seriously. Leaving grey parrots alone is always difficult, they get bored so quickly and easily. I know some people leave them watching TV, but that's a bit of a gamble. Audiobooks might be quite nice for that.

Also, yeah. "Hell's Bells, Michael*!"

*Parrot owner is called Michael.

Randomguy
2013-07-21, 09:11 AM
Has anyone ever taught a parrot to say: "Help, they turned me into a parrot!" ?