PDA

View Full Version : Illumian Power sigils: Explanation

kreenlover
2013-07-14, 07:57 PM
So, I see a lot of people talking about the early entry to PrCs using the Illumian Power Sigils. However, I don't understand how this works. I have looked at the race and the words again and again, and still don't get it.

Could someone please be so kind as to explain to a poor clueless min-maxer munchin how this works :smallwink:?

(no munchkinery intended. Asking merely out of interest, and so to understand people on these forums better)

Wait, does it involve Improved Sigil (Krau) to let you cast heightened spells (thereby effectively spells with +1 spell level) at a level earlier than usual?

TuggyNE
2013-07-14, 08:23 PM
Wait, does it involve Improved Sigil (Krau) to let you cast heightened spells (thereby effectively spells with +1 spell level) at a level earlier than usual?

Yes. Yes it does.

Question asked and answered! :smallwink:

sreservoir
2013-07-14, 08:26 PM
it's either that or using the naenhoon DMM-esque effect on heighten spell.

Chronos
2013-07-14, 09:56 PM
Note that this only effects prestige classes limited by requirements like "must be able to cast 2nd-level spells", or the like. Many PrCs instead (or additionally) have requirements on caster level, or skill ranks, or BAB, or other level-dependent features that aren't so easily circumvented.