PDA

View Full Version : Help me create this champ.

Kerilstrasz
2013-07-15, 04:33 AM
Well.. what i want is easy i think.
But i got lost in my many books and got kinda frustrated so i d like your help/"guideness"...

The idea is this (i ll include in italic what i found so far) :
There's a dude that spent almost all his life reading.. reading every/anything.
(Cloist.Cleric or Wizard)
So he has vast knowledge on various topics (That means all know skills= Class skills = Wizard , Cl.Cleric, Bard)
He is not good at all at physical activities neither at fighting..
He is not an offensive caster, neither a "God" caster..
He knows some spells(most of em arcane) that are more of a utility nature (again no offensive or summon spells.. well he might knows to cast magic missiles but that's it).
He has to have some kind of "Bardic Know." ability.. (Cl.Cleric's Lore or Bard).
He should be able to craft wands and scribe scrolls.

He would be that know-all dude that can provide info to the group, alternatives and at least 2 different solutions to each problem, no matter if the solution is an advice, a spell, or just his theoretical approach about a subject.

Attention.. the above is just all that he is.. nothing more , nothing less...
So.. a wizard that do the above plus be a killing machine is a no go..
i hope you get my point..

I 'd go with cloistered cleric (for the know skills & lore ability) but since i'd like to optimize him i have the following prob: Cl.Cleric uses WIS as main stat but "know" checks use INT. I could go Wizard but then i lose the "Lore" ability.
Well.. how can i have both? is there a way to use KNow checks with WiS? or is there a way to give a Wizard the "Lore"/"Bardic Know." ability??
I'd prefer the later.

PS: 3,5E . no mags or homebrew plz.
PS2: I know i could just multyclass CL.Cleric+Wiz , but if i could avoid it it would be nice.

Thnx all.

Azoth
2013-07-15, 04:46 AM
Cloistered Cleric goodness. Just be a Dwarf and take the Feat Ancestral Knowledge (ROS 136). It turns Knowledge x from Int to Wis. It is Dwarf only and requires Wis 15.

That covers all your knowledgy goodness.

From there just go craft happy on the utility spells. I am not much help there as I rarely play Clerics and when I do, I either buff and smash or play Bandaid.

eggynack
2013-07-15, 04:54 AM
An archivist might work for this. They're an intelligence based divine caster that uses what is effectively a spell book. They get dark knowledge, which incentivizes taking a bunch of knowledges, and they get access to all of the divine spells. Every last damn one of them. It's in Heroes of Horror, page 82. He doesn't have the bardic knowledge thing, but if a knowledge based divine caster is what you seek, you're not going to do much better than an archivist.

Gadora
2013-07-15, 10:01 AM
You could also take eggynack's suggestion of archivist and run it into the Loremaster (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/prestigeClasses/loremaster.htm) prestige class. That'd give you dark knowledge for all its fun, and a lore ability to go with it.

Kerilstrasz
2013-07-15, 11:16 AM
so. the only way to get "lore" or "bardic know." is as a class/pr.Class ability?
hmm..
i was thinking about cl.cleric with academic priest feat from (LotT), which is pretty close to what i need but it leaves out arcane casting...
A wizard with Lore (from a feat or variant) would be ideal.. i ll keep searching...

thnx for the info :)

nyjastul69
2013-07-15, 11:20 AM
The factotum from Dungeonscape might be what you're looking for.