PDA

View Full Version : Rob's Epic Level Campaign

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10

Xavier Alexis
2015-09-23, 02:37 PM
Interesting. Either idea is good. But what if we do capture them and they don't want to talk? You all won't have the stomach for torture...

Arcivus looks at Nimm sternly all the humor from a moment ago gone.

Torture is out of the question

"Forgive me Dr. Nimm but I must agree with Arcivus. Furthermore, keep in mind my psionic abilities can be very useful during an interrogation."

Arcivus lightens up, as he has made up his mind.

Full attack at their hideout it is, I like that way best anyways. What do you guys say, a little risk to spice up the day. We will have the element of surprice, and thats often a very good card to be playing.

"Agreed, let us be on our way."

Dr_Nimm
2015-09-23, 04:49 PM
Rupert and I will be quite serviceable as advance scouts. I am quite stealthy, despite appearances to the contrary.

Dm: when we start, Ill be 55 feet ahead of the party in stealth with my mutagen active. I dress up like a little ninja with black clothes and black facemask for fun. I also ready a smoke bomb if I have one and my trap finding tools. Rupert will be out next to me sniffing around. Mr Benson will stay with the main party.

Xavier, can you do dark vision? If not, I ask around the village
Maybe they have a shaman or something that can cast that.

"I'm now a Nimmja. Wish me luck, friends!"

Stealth: 19+12 (mutagen) =31

Dr_Nimm
2015-09-23, 05:38 PM
...and for the record I never advocated torture, so both of you calm down.

... But if you wanted to talk about it.... Just putting it out there ...

Xavier Alexis
2015-09-23, 07:15 PM
"Xavier, can you do dark vision? If not, I ask around the village. Maybe they have a shaman or something that can cast that."

"I am afraid I do not possess that capability. Hopefully, someone in the village can help us."

Ketiara
2015-09-24, 11:18 AM
"I am afraid I do not possess that capability. Hopefully, someone in the village can help us."

"Its alright, the old gnome forgot he could see in the dark all on his own"

"Cortran do you know where there's an entrance to their hideout, or underground city?"

DM7581
2015-09-25, 03:52 PM
Cortran: We do not know where their lair is... Some scouts (he pulls out a mad of the area) have seen activity here, here, and here (pointing to different locales). It is also said that the convene with many evil dragons, so be careful out there.

Leena takes a quick glimpse of the map, her eyes quickly scanning the page and noting different land marks.

Leena: No problem. And if there are dragons, I can track them!

So do you all rest the night and head out the following day, or wait for nightfall and head out immediately? It is only a few hours until sun down. You can see that many of the halflings in the village start "shutting down." That is, they camouflage their entire space to make it very difficult to spot by those passing by. All manner of creature is huddled into the hills, and everything starts to get covered up.

Cortran: Aside from the warriors and the hunters, we try to enforce a strict curfew at night. Too many children gone missing...

He tries to explain their ways to you as he zones off a little. What do you all do?

DM7581
2015-09-25, 03:55 PM
The three locations are described as follows:

A huge tree, that once looked like a masterful centerpiece of a grand, ancient forest far to the north. There are few trees in the area, and this is one of the last.

A series of dark caves off to the west. It is here that most of the dragon spotting has occurred as well.

A deep ravine or canyon-like area down to the south east. Beyond this area lies the ocean.

Dr_Nimm
2015-09-25, 06:54 PM
I vote for the overland/forest/dragon route to maximize Leenas abilities. By the time we go underground, we nay already be more familiar with our enemies. Lets just head out now... They are active at night and our buffs are still up (I think). Hiw much time remaining on our buffs dmg?

Also, please keep in mind I'm heavily scouting this time.

DM7581
2015-09-25, 07:12 PM
I'll say that it is only 3 hours or so until nightfall. Let's say you burnt an hour or so since you cast the spells traveling to the Halfling village. Contingency last days, so that's not an issue. You have about 4 hours left on the others.

Also the dragon path is underground, not the tree/forest. What do you all choose? Discuss, vote, or whatever.

Dr_Nimm
2015-09-25, 07:55 PM
I vote tree forest, but I'm up for whatever

Ketiara
2015-09-26, 12:49 AM
I vote tree forest, but I'm up for whatever

"If the tree is one of the last bastions of nature I say lets go there before they destroy that as well. It a matter of principle!"

Dr_Nimm
2015-09-26, 04:43 PM
Commence to depart forthwith!

DM7581
2015-09-26, 08:33 PM
You all head out to the large tree. You are warned that wild elves used to live there until the dark elves came. It is said that no wild elves remain. You also get the sense that forcing the halflings into slavery is a bad fate, but at least they are kept alive. Anyway.

Onward!

Leena leads with Reli, Dr. Nimm not far behind. I take it that Arcivus and Xavier follow at a safe enough distance of 50 feet or so, but keeping within visual distance.

Not sure about everyone else, but I picture Nimm, with his mutagen, in a feral state, slightly snarling and sniffing as he trots aside Leena. Slobber is optional.

The terrain looks to have been once a lush forest, with only a few rare blades of grass left behind. The land lions blighted and desecrated. Stubs and tree trunks pepper the area. The softly lit moon illuminates the land whilst a soft cool breeze provides the occasional chill.

About an hour passes and then Leena stops and kneels. She calls everyone else over.

Leena: There was a hunting or scouting party that passed through here. And these... (Gesturing to much larger, reptilian footprints)

Dragons?

Leena: No, these aren't dragon tracks. None of them all. This isn't right... I'm sure we'll find out what soon enough... These are fresh they aren't far from us.

Just then, you look up to see what looks like an immense tree off in the distance. It is dry and devoid of trees, as if just barely alive, but still immense in size.

Any plan of action?

Dr_Nimm
2015-09-27, 08:20 AM
Ha. I like the feral image.

Im curious to see that tree. Do the tracks seem to head towards it? I use the relevant knowledge, (17 w adv +12= 29 total) to identify the foreign tracks. Also rolled 27 on investigation.

Maybe its not a natural creature which is why Leena doesn't know them.

Remember I'm using stealth to scout and I had rolled a 31. I make sure Leena is also using stealth, otherwise it defeats the purpose of me being next to her.

Ketiara
2015-09-27, 10:46 AM
Ha. I like the feral image.

Im curious to see that tree. Do the tracks seem to head towards it? I use the relevant knowledge, (17 w adv +12= 29 total) to identify the foreign tracks. Also rolled 27 on investigation.

Maybe its not a natural creature which is why Leena doesn't know them.

Remember I'm using stealth to scout and I had rolled a 31. I make sure Leena is also using stealth, otherwise it defeats the purpose of me being next to her.

We could do a groupe stealth check, then only two has to succede for us all to succed.
(Roll stealth: 13/4+0 = 4) disadvantage due to plate Armor.

If we go as a group ill follow nimm and leena to the tree, as I'm courious as well.

Dr_Nimm
2015-09-27, 11:40 AM
Hell no naga get away from me with your metal armor. Messing up my style!

DM7581
2015-09-27, 06:39 PM
That's why I assumed the non-stealthies stayed a healthy distance behind. Leena is good on stealth. Remember it is an opposed roll against either passive or active perception.

Checking the tracks, they seem to not be dragon tracks, but rather dinosaur tracks. Leena wasn't sure (her mind is always on dragons). It looks like a mix of large, carnivorous types, capable of possibly acting as a mount for the dark elves.

The tree is a bit ahead and can now be seen in the moon light. Onward?

Dr_Nimm
2015-09-27, 07:01 PM
In a low gruff voice I utter, "dinosaur tracks." And wipe some foam off my mouth. "Continue."

Ketiara
2015-09-28, 12:46 AM
Arcivus stay behind behind the best cover they can find in this "wasteland".
Arcivus follow Nimm and Leena through his spyglass, but also scans the area ahead and around them.

Perception: 11(passive) or 9 (active roll 8+1) hoping for mad bonuses with spyglass

Dr_Nimm
2015-09-28, 06:57 AM
Seeing as Archie likes using his spyglass gives me an idea for a new invention.

I whisper "Leena... What do you think of a pair of magic lenses for humans that are enchanted with darkvision and true seeing? Furthermore, a set of magnifying lenses flip down over the top, to allow magnification of distant objects. Archie would find that very useful."

Ketiara
2015-09-28, 07:06 AM
Seeing as Archie likes using his spyglass gives me an idea for a new invention.

I whisper "Leena... What do you think of a pair of magic lenses for humans that are enchanted with darkvision and true seeing? Furthermore, a set of magnifying lenses flip down over the top, to allow magnification of distant objects. Archie would find that very useful."

Arcivus feel very awsome ideas is thought up close by!

Dr_Nimm
2015-09-28, 07:23 AM
Arcivus feel very awsome ideas is thought up close by!

He rolled a 20 on insight

Ketiara
2015-09-28, 10:34 AM
He rolled a 20 on insight

Totally! Its like he actually saw a lightbulb turning on above Nimms head

DM7581
2015-09-29, 01:11 PM
Off in the distance, Leena halts, along with Dr. Nimm. Arcivus, from behind is able to see pretty well at distance as well.

Leading up to the large tree, there are a number of medium sized humanoids, along with a few large dinosaur looking types. It is tough to see what they are exactly, but you have the general idea. Some smaller humanoids are with them as well. There is a small campfire at the base of the tree offering limited illumination.

Leena: Sounds like a great idea, Nimm (dismissively)... (seeing the activity in the distance) Dark Elves!

You are all about 200 feet away, and seem to have the element of surprise. What do you want to do with it?

Ketiara
2015-09-29, 01:55 PM
Off in the distance, Leena halts, along with Dr. Nimm. Arcivus, from behind is able to see pretty well at distance as well.

Leading up to the large tree, there are a number of medium sized humanoids, along with a few large dinosaur looking types. It is tough to see what they are exactly, but you have the general idea. Some smaller humanoids are with them as well. There is a small campfire at the base of the tree offering limited illumination.

Leena: Sounds like a great idea, Nimm (dismissively)... (seeing the activity in the distance) Dark Elves!

You are all about 200 feet away, and seem to have the element of surprise. What do you want to do with it?

I cant imagine that Xavier and I have 200ft distance as well, surely we are further behind?

As Arcivus notice the band of humanoids and dinos at the base of the tree he immediately looks to Nimm. Arcivus fully expect Nimm to by hand signs give a clue to what he want us to do. Leena and Nimm has the better oversight of the situation which mean they have the command at this moment.
Xavier and Arcivus charging would spoil a good opportunity for a surprise assault.

Arcivus let Xavier know exactly whats going on.

Dr_Nimm
2015-09-29, 02:23 PM
I put my hand up in a stop gesture, then creep back to the group and whisper to them what I see.

"Leena and I will snipe at a few, then double back to you."

Leena and myself creep just a little closer, to within 150 feet of the enemies...

Lmao I rolled a 1 on stealth.

Dm: let me know the immediate effect of my roll of 1 and whether or not I can take any actions before the enemies reach me at this distance. I might have a turn or two to act, its all I need.

... I have a plan...

Ketiara
2015-09-29, 02:51 PM
I put my hand up in a stop gesture, then creep back to the group and whisper to them what I see.

"Leena and I will snipe at a few, then double back to you."

Leena and myself creep just a little closer, to within 150 feet of the enemies...

Lmao I rolled a 1 on stealth.

"Make sure not to harm any halflings even if they attack, unless its absolutely nessesary"

DM7581
2015-09-29, 08:43 PM
I will say that as you spotted the group, you all convened together. So, 200 ft between you and the great tree. You count 3 dinosaurs, all which are large in size (not T-Rex's, so don't get excited). They are called Allosaurus and were apex predators in their time. Slightly larger than the Utah Raptor from before.

http://pre08.deviantart.net/b836/th/pre/i/2014/051/1/5/allosaurus_fragilis_by_delirio88-d5cxv6r.png

Beyond that, you count at least 20 elves and about half as many halflings.

Leena and Nimm, along with Reli start creeping up toward the tree. Nimm, in his slightly less-than-sharp state, finds it a good idea to drag his knuckles loudly across the ground.

Everyone hears this, including Xavier and Arcivus, now 50 feet away.

All of a sudden, low voices are heard in a foreign tongue. Dr. Nimm recognizes the language as Undercommon, but the Tongues spell has long expired. At this same moment, a volley of crossbow bolts rain down in your area.

Dr. Nimm is struck once with a bolt for 3 damage. Although he is immune, Nimm also notices a mild poison applied to the bolt as well.

So much for surprise. Give me initiative. 2 group rolls: Leena, Reli, Nimm and Arcivus, Xavier. Go!

DM7581
2015-09-29, 08:45 PM
Of note, there are hidden scouts in the tree that Dr. Nimm failed to notice, but who saw him. At least 5 can be seen.

Dr_Nimm
2015-09-29, 09:10 PM
Hold on... Leena was in stealth and the group was further behind. Were they noticed as well? Or, what evidence is there that I may think they would not have been noticed? This is important as it will determine my actions.

I rolled an 8 for initiative. I guess that's a 20... its just +dex right (now w.mutagen)

I whisper "poison."

Ketiara
2015-09-29, 11:16 PM
Hold on... Leena was in stealth and the group was further behind. Were they noticed as well? Or, what evidence is there that I may think they would not have been noticed? This is important as it will determine my actions.

I rolled an 8 for initiative. I guess that's a 20... its just +dex right (now w.mutagen)

I whisper "poison."

Dex modifyer.

Roll 15+0 =15 for Arcivus.
I think xavier has +2 init= 17

DM7581
2015-09-30, 09:49 PM
A little confusion... Dr. Nimm has a 14 Dex (+2). Now the Mutagen does add +6 (Proficiency Bonus) to all Str/Dex/Con checks, which actually does include Initiative rolls, but that nets a +8, not a +12... unless I am missing something. Correct me if I am wrong here, but I have you at 16 for the initiative count.

Minions (Reli, Mr. Benson) go on the turn of their owner (each has different rules on how to command/control them). I will say that Mr. Benson is farther back, with Xavier and Arcivus, as stealth is not his forte.

--

Initiative Order:

Leena (19)
Xavier (17)
Dr. Nimm (16)
Drow Archers (16): at least 5 seen in the great tree
Arciuvs (15)
Drow Dino-Riders (13): 3 (each riding an Allosaurus)
Drow Warriors (7): about 20 or so

Remember that there are also a number of halflings with the group, mixed in at the base of the tree. Their presence makes an area of effect spell probably not a good idea...

--

Leena is up first and returns the favor on the volley. She seems to have not been noticed up until this point, but makes her presence known regardless. She uses a Bonus Action to cast Swift Quiver and then fires 2 arrows in rapid succession at 2 separate dark elves in the tree.

Leena: (in Elvish) Reli, stay near me. (in Common) These fools have no idea what's coming to them!

She also has the Sharpshooter Feat, which allows her to take a -5 to hit to add an additional +10 to damage, also ignoring range penalties and 1/2 and 3/4 cover, which these dark elves have.

19+14-5= 28, a hit! for 1d8 (5)+18= 23 damage
7+14-5= 16, a near miss! for 1d8 (4)+18= 22 damage

Each arrow strikes and drops a dark elf, both which fall a good distance (20-30 feet) to their deaths. An angry smile can be seen coming from Leena as she looks to continue to assault the drow from a distance.

This brings us to Xavier.

--

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a273/darindarksmith/DnD/Female-ElfRanger02.jpg (http://s13.photobucket.com/user/darindarksmith/media/DnD/Female-ElfRanger02.jpg.html)
HP: 144/144
AC: 21 (24 with shield equipped)
Passive Perception: 20
Active Spell(s): Swift Quiver (requires concentration)

Xavier Alexis
2015-09-30, 11:58 PM
A little confusion... Dr. Nimm has a 14 Dex (+2). Now the Mutagen does add +6 (Proficiency Bonus) to all Str/Dex/Con checks, which actually does include Initiative rolls, but that nets a +8, not a +12... unless I am missing something. Correct me if I am wrong here, but I have you at 16 for the initiative count.

Minions (Reli, Mr. Benson) go on the turn of their owner (each has different rules on how to command/control them). I will say that Mr. Benson is farther back, with Xavier and Arcivus, as stealth is not his forte.

--

Initiative Order:

Leena (19)
Xavier (17)
Dr. Nimm (16)
Drow Archers (16): at least 5 seen in the great tree
Arciuvs (15)
Drow Warriors (7): about 20 or so

Remember that there are also a number of halflings with the group, mixed in at the base of the tree. Their presence makes an area of effect spell probably not a good idea...

--

Leena is up first and returns the favor on the volley. She seems to have not been noticed up until this point, but makes her presence known regardless. She uses a Bonus Action to cast Swift Quiver and then fires 2 arrows in rapid succession at 2 separate dark elves in the tree.

Leena: (in Elvish) Reli, stay near me. (in Common) These fools have no idea what's coming to them!

She also has the Sharpshooter Feat, which allows her to take a -5 to hit to add an additional +10 to damage, also ignoring range penalties and 1/2 and 3/4 cover, which these dark elves have.

19+14-5= 28, a hit! for 1d8 (5)+18= 23 damage
7+14-5= 16, a near miss! for 1d8 (4)+18= 22 damage

Each arrow strikes and drops a dark elf, both which fall a good distance (20-30 feet) to their deaths. An angry smile can be seen coming from Leena as she looks to continue to assault the drow from a distance.

This brings us to Xavier.

--

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a273/darindarksmith/DnD/Female-ElfRanger02.jpg (http://s13.photobucket.com/user/darindarksmith/media/DnD/Female-ElfRanger02.jpg.html)
HP: 144/144
AC: 21 (24 with shield equipped)
Passive Perception: 20
Active Spell(s): Swift Quiver (requires concentration)

"Well done Leena."

As my action, I activate Psionic Attack Mode: Mind Thrust, Empowered and Twinned, and target two of the Drow Dino-Riders.

Attack rolls: 7+12 = 19 and 16+12 = 28.

Damage rolls: 29+6 = 35 and 26+6 = 32.

As my bonus action, I activate my Psionic Flight ability and levitate 30 feet up to gain a better view of the situation.

As my reaction, I manifest Shield if I am struck by an attack.

Ketiara
2015-10-01, 01:26 AM
"Well done Leena."

As my action, I activate Psionic Attack Mode: Mind Thrust, Empowered and Twinned, and target two of the Drow Dino-Riders.

As my bonus action, I activate my Psionic Flight ability and levitate 30 feet up to gain a better view of the situation.

Arcivus draws his greatsword Oathkeeper while awaiting his turn.

And with a whisper

If all goes well this may be our final journey together! You've served me faithfully deserve rest at my families tomb

Arcivus is really impressed with Leenas skill, and Xavier doesn't disappoint either. Arcivus scan the area for something looking like spell casters.

Effects:
Spell: Death Ward. Aura: Courage, Protection. Personal: Purity of Spirit. Epic: Boon of Resilience
Spells prepared (25), Spellslots: 16 Spells used: 1
((D) = Devotion spells)
1 (4): Protection from Evil and Good (D), Sanctuary (D), Bless, Heroism, Shield of Faith, Wrathful Smite
2 (3): Lesser Restoration (D), Zone of Truth (D), Aid, Branding Smite, Locate Object
3 (3): Beacon of Hope (D), Dispel Magic (D), Blinding Smite, Aura of Vitality, Crusaders Mantle
4 (2/3): Freedom of Movement (D), Guardian of Faith (D), Death Ward, Staggering Smite, Locate Creature
5 (3): Commune (D), Flame Strike (D), Banishing smite, Destruction Wave, Circle of Power

DM7581
2015-10-01, 06:22 AM
"Well done Leena."

If memory serves, Mind Thrust has a range of 120. You all were 200 feet away from the tree, making you just outside of range. Remember Dr. Nimm and Leena are 50 feet ahead of you, Mr. Benson, and Arcivus (150 feet away from the drow). You can redo the action or correct me if I am wrong on the range.

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-01, 07:06 AM
I think you said Its an int bonus to stats, but its the same +6, doesn't matter I guess. Thanks for clarifying.

DM7581
2015-10-01, 11:50 AM
I think you said Its an int bonus to stats, but its the same +6, doesn't matter I guess. Thanks for clarifying.

I think Prof bonus works better in regards to scaling from low to high level.

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-01, 12:47 PM
So what about a str,con or dex based skill in which I am also proficient used while under mutagen? Am I to apply the proficiency bonus from the skill as well?

Xavier Alexis
2015-10-01, 01:41 PM
If memory serves, Mind Thrust has a range of 120. You all were 200 feet away from the tree, making you just outside of range. Remember Dr. Nimm and Leena are 50 feet ahead of you, Mr. Benson, and Arcivus (150 feet away from the drow). You can redo the action or correct me if I am wrong on the range.

Then, instead of activating Psionic Flight (I forgot I already have it activated), I will manifest a Quickened Dimension Door to put myself within range.

Once my Mind Thrust attack is complete, I will then move 30 feet up in the air for a better vantage point.

DM7581
2015-10-01, 06:16 PM
Yeah, that shouldn't be an issue. Rogues have Expertise, where certain skills get double the bonus. So let's keep it that way.

So Xavier is just within his 120 ft range from Mind Thrust and is hovering 30 feet in the air. His blast seem to weaken the drow riders, but neither drops.

This brings us to Dr. Nimm.

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-01, 06:35 PM
I move at my max movement (movement+ use my action as well) and attempt to end my move in a covered square. Given that its a wooded area, there may be cover. If there is no cover, I instead run directly at the nearest enemy at maximum possible speed, using my bonus action to order Mr. Benson to move in and attack.

"Mr. Benson! Please advance in a gallant fashion, and engage these ruffians in the gentlemanly sport of fisticuffs!"

Re bonus actions: You wrote "Mutagen: +6 to hit/dam, Str, Dex, and Con Saves/checks, AC; gain 26 temporary HP; gain bonus action (Attack, Dash, Disengage, Dodge, Hide)"

That bonus action, is that in addition to my inherent bonus action (so I get 2 bonus actions?) or is it that I can now use my ONE bonus action to attack dash disengage or hide?

If I get two bonus actions ill use the other one to hide @ 22 in that covered space.

Current AC=22
Hp=234 (Epic boon +40 hp, with Mutagen and Aid bonus)
Effects:
-Aid @ lv 6
-Death Ward
-Contigency linked to Freedom of Movement

DM7581
2015-10-01, 06:59 PM
I move at my max movement (movement+ use my action as well) and attempt to end my move in a covered square. Given that its a wooded area, there may be cover. If there is no cover, I instead run directly at the nearest enemy at maximum possible speed, using my bonus action to order Mr. Benson to move in and attack.

"Mr. Benson! Please advance in a gallant fashion, and engage these ruffians in the gentlemanly sport of fisticuffs!"

Re bonus actions: You wrote "Mutagen: +6 to hit/dam, Str, Dex, and Con Saves/checks, AC; gain 26 temporary HP; gain bonus action (Attack, Dash, Disengage, Dodge, Hide)"

That bonus action, is that in addition to my inherent bonus action (so I get 2 bonus actions?) or is it that I can now use my ONE bonus action to attack dash disengage or hide?

If I get two bonus actions ill use the other one to hide @ 22 in that covered space.

Current AC=22
Hp=234 (Epic boon +40 hp, with Mutagen and Aid bonus)
Effects:
-Aid @ lv 6
-Death Ward
-Contigency linked to Freedom of Movement

Remember that there are no woods, but rather a broken wasteland of hills and rocky mountainous terrain.

Now, you only get 1 bonus action. The mutagen just gives you additional options, but it also takes a bonus action to command Mr. Benson. He can move for free though (dash would be an action).

So basically, you can move and dash (bonus action) and Mr. Benson can move. Or you can move and command Mr. Benson to dash (bonus action) bringing him closer to you. What'll it be?

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-01, 07:11 PM
Interesting. Ill move and have Mr. Benson dash.

DM7581
2015-10-01, 07:30 PM
Dr. Nimm and Mr. Benson both hustle forward. Dr. Nimm closes within 125 feet, with Mr. Benson now only about 15 feet behind him.

A number of shouts and commands, primarily from the mounted Drow can be heard in the distance.

Xavier can now see a few more Drow in the great tree revealed. There are 7 in total and they all reload and fire upon the now floating and seemingly vulnerable psion.

A new barrage of bolts is flung, prompting Xavier to manifest Shield. The first attack is then turned into a near hit, with all but 1 of the remaining bolts missing.

Xavier takes 6 damage, but shruggs off the dark elf poison.

More shouts in their foreign tongue continue to be heard.

Arcivus you go!

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-01, 08:06 PM
"Hup hup Archie! Do keep up. Don't dawdle back there! To the front lines with you!"

Ketiara
2015-10-01, 11:38 PM
As part of my move I draw my sword (although I have rp'ed it to be drawn)
Then I move and dash toward the nearest meanest drow I can see on ground. And as a bonus action I cast shield of faith. Bringing my AC to 24
Edit: do i have aid aswell?

Effects:
Spell: Shield of Faith, Death Ward. Aura: Courage, Protection. Personal: Purity of Spirit. Epic: Boon of Resilience
Spells prepared (25), Spellslots: 16 Spells used: 2
((D) = Devotion spells)
1 (3/4): Protection from Evil and Good (D), Sanctuary (D), Bless, Heroism, Shield of Faith, Wrathful Smite
2 (3): Lesser Restoration (D), Zone of Truth (D), Aid, Branding Smite, Locate Object
3 (3): Beacon of Hope (D), Dispel Magic (D), Blinding Smite, Aura of Vitality, Crusaders Mantle
4 (2/3): Freedom of Movement (D), Guardian of Faith (D), Death Ward, Staggering Smite, Locate Creature
5 (3): Commune (D), Flame Strike (D), Banishing smite, Destruction Wave, Circle of Power

DM7581
2015-10-02, 09:10 AM
Arcivus dashes over, covering a total of 60 feet, bringing him right up next to Mr. Benson. Everyone s now out in the open and visible, especially Xavier who is floating aloft in the air.

The Dino-Riding Drow advance forward a little, and all three cast spells from atop their mounts. One casts Mass Cure Wounds, allowing the 2 casters that were struck to regain their health. The other 2 cast Insect Plague on the hovering Xavier. A swarm of locusts cover Xavier. He yells in pain as they bite and sting him for a total of 24 damage (2 successful saves).

Of the remaining Drow, 5 stay back and huddle the halflings in a circle while the rest move forward, spreading about so as not to be more than 10 feet from one another, and engage with their crossbows.

Dr. Nimm is peppered once again by crossbow bolts. Of the array, only 2 connect, inflicting a total of 12 damage.

After their moves, they all remain about 120 feet away from Leena and Reli, 90 feet away from Dr. Nimm, and about 105 feet away from Arcivus and Mr. Benson.

Leena is next and she commands Reli to keep pace with Dr. Nimm and the others, putting him just ahead of Dr. Nimm. As her action, she unleashes another flurry of arrows, 2 from her main attack and 2 as a part of her bonus action due to Swift Quiver.

2+14-5= 8, a miss!
9+14-5= 18, a hit! for 1d8 (6)+18= 24 damage
16+14-5= 25, a hit! for 1d8 (7)+18= 24 damage
17+14-5= 26, a hit! for 1d8 (2)+18= 20 damage

Her first arrow misses her mark, but she drops 3 more of the drow in the tree. They fall a good 20-50 feet, to their deaths. She then moves up near Dr. Nimm for her move, right behind Reli.

Xavier, you go.

--

Initiative Order:

Leena (19)
Xavier (17)
Dr. Nimm (16)
Drow Archers (16): 7 confirmed
Arciuvs (15)
Drow Warriors (7): 5 staying behind, 13 engaged at range

Arcivus: HP: 229/229; AC: 24 (Aid, Death Ward, Shield of Faith [c])
Dr. Nimm: HP: 216/234 AC: 22 (Aid, Contingency: Freedom of Movement, Death Ward, Mutagen)
Mr.Benson: HP: 80 AC: 18
Leena HP: 144 AC: 21 (Swift Quiver [c])
Reli: HP: 80 AC: 23
Xavier: HP: 163/187 AC: 17 (Aid, Psionic Flight)

Ketiara
2015-10-02, 11:01 AM
Can i decide who is my enemies? I don't consider the halflings my enemies right?

DM7581
2015-10-02, 11:39 AM
Can i decide who is my enemies? I don't consider the halflings my enemies right?

In what regard? You mean a spell? Certain spells that are area of effect will effect everyone, friend or foe. If it specifies enemies only or enemies/creatures of your choosing, you can specify who is and who isn't affected.

Ketiara
2015-10-02, 11:46 AM
In what regard? You mean a spell? Certain spells that are area of effect will effect everyone, friend or foe. If it specifies enemies only or enemies/creatures of your choosing, you can specify who is and who isn't affected.

It's my holy nimbus feature

DM7581
2015-10-02, 12:01 PM
It's my holy nimbus feature

Unless the halflings turn on you, they're not your enemies.

Xavier Alexis
2015-10-02, 07:06 PM
As my bonus action, I manifest a Quickened Dimension Door and teleport behind the Drow archers hiding in the tree.

As my action I activate Attack Mode: Mind Blast, Empowered, and target all of the Drow archers, moving however necessary to ensure my allies are not within the cone of effect.

The saving throw is DC 20 Intelligence.

Damage Roll: 23+6 = 29 on failed save and be stunned for 1 minute. A creature can repeat the saving throw at the end of each of its turns, ending the effect on itself on a success.

"Leena, target those Dino-Riders! Hopefully, a few of your arrows sticking into them will break their concentration!"

DM7581
2015-10-02, 11:46 PM
You catch a maximum of 3 drow in the large tree. You find yourself hovering a good 40 feet up in order to place the most efficient blast. The air ripples with the invisible force of the mental blast, extending out to a large area. The 3 drow you target, all fall limp, falling to their death, dozens of feet below.

At this proximity, you can truly appreciate the size of this tree. It is larger than anything you have ever seen. It might as well be a mountain. The trunk is no less than 50 feet in diameter, with the tree itself looking to be hundreds of feet high. That it is void of all life in the sense of leaves troubles you slightly.

Your presence definitely grabs the attention of the other elves. You shout your commands to Leena, which she acknowledges:

Leena: I'm on it!

Dr. Nimm you go!

--

Initiative Order:

Leena (19)
Xavier (17)
Dr. Nimm (16)
Drow Archers (16): 4 left
Arciuvs (15)

Dr. Nimm: HP: 216/234 AC: 22 (Aid, Contingency: Freedom of Movement, Death Ward, Mutagen)

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-03, 08:09 AM
I move towards the warriors and activate my Weaponized Amusing Recreational System (WARS)!

Bonus action: poison it. Maybe.

Now that I'm in closer range, I use my reaction to toss a flash pellet if I'm hit by a close enough enemy.

Knowledge 29 on these drow (resistances, special attacks, etc)

How many hits does poison last now? If its 1, I don't bother and use dash.

Also I don't know what poisons I have as I don't have a dmg.

Furthermore I would use sleight of hand to apply it at 25

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-03, 08:11 AM
Dm; mutagen should give me a movement bonus too. just sayin...

DM7581
2015-10-03, 08:31 AM
I move towards the warriors and activate my Weaponized Amusing Recreational System (WARS)!

Bonus action: poison it. Maybe.

Now that I'm in closer range, I use my reaction to toss a flash pellet if I'm hit by a close enough enemy.

Knowledge 29 on these drow (resistances, special attacks, etc)

How many hits does poison last now? If its 1, I don't bother and use dash.

Also I don't know what poisons I have as I don't have a dmg.

Furthermore I would use sleight of hand to apply it at 25

Drawing/activating WARS is a non-action (you can manipulate an item as a part of your action), so you can Dash again and apply the poison if you like for your Bonus Action. As far as poisons, I was pretty generous I think in what I assumed you would have on your sheet: 5 vials of basic poison (PHB), and 1 vial each of advanced poison (DMG 257). They all have different effects, but are typically difficult to craft in some cases due to materials required (wyvern poison requires a live wyvern for example, you cannot simply synthesize it in a lab).

As far as the drow, you know that their poison causes a sleep-like effect and that they are highly aversive to bright sunlight. Their leaders are typically female priests, though some mages exist, and they dwell in the Underdark. You do find it odd that they are above surface, in an above ground camp no less, so something to think about there.

DM7581
2015-10-03, 08:32 AM
Dm; mutagen should give me a movement bonus too. just sayin...

Yeah, it should. Add +10 speed.

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-03, 08:44 AM
So.I.do.the basic poison w sleight of hand and the dash.

"Do keep up, Mr.Benson. No lollygagging. Tut tut!"

DM7581
2015-10-03, 08:57 AM
So.I.do.the basic poison w sleight of hand and the dash.

"Do keep up, Mr.Benson. No lollygagging. Tut tut!"

So modifying for last turns move, you are net 90 additional feet of move. This puts you right within melee range of the Dino-riders and drow, but you cannot attack just yet. Your hand is steady at your flash pellet pouch just in case.

The drow are freaked by Xavier' appearance and blast. This is no magic that they have ever encountered before. They all take a shot at him, cursing him in their foreign tongue and then proceed to climb down the tree, making it a good 15 feet down (they are on different levels of the tree, but none is within 10 feet of the ground).

Xavier need not even manifest Shield, as none of the bolts are near their mark. Xavier remains calm, hovering in the tree in utter serene apathy.

Arcivus, you go! Still got some ground to make up!

Ketiara
2015-10-03, 09:15 AM
So modifying for last turns move, you are net 90 additional feet of move. This puts you right within melee range of the Dino-riders and drow, but you cannot attack just yet. Your hand is steady at your flash pellet pouch just in case.

The drow are freaked by Xavier' appearance and blast. This is no magic that they have ever encountered before. They all take a shot at him, cursing him in their foreign tongue and then proceed to climb down the tree, making it a good 15 feet down (they are on different levels of the tree, but none is within 10 feet of the ground).

Xavier need not even manifest Shield, as none of the bolts are near their mark. Xavier remains calm, hovering in the tree in utter serene apathy.

Arcivus, you go! Still got some ground to make up!

I use my move to get as close as possible.(my winged boots doesn't increase my move does it?)
And then I shout (I speak celestial, dwarf and common, I think I'll try and shout it in celestial for a better effect, hope they understand a little)

"You fear is misplaced! You all should fear me and the death I bring!"

And light as bright as the sun burst from my body bathing 30ft in bright sunlight and an additional 30ft in dim light. (Action to activate holy nimbus)

Couldn't wait anylonger to use it ;)

DM7581
2015-10-03, 10:37 AM
Okay, so here is the general layout.

Dr. Nimm just moved within range of one of 3 dino-riders. He is at the front line, alone. Behind him, Arcivus and Mr. Benson follow (now only 75 feet away), then Reli (80 feet away) with Leena right behind him (85 feet away). Xavier I hovering some 40 feet in the air, pestering the archers.

Everyone follow? Good. This is a lot of basic math, but I a trying to keep up with my own posts as well.

The dino-riders close and engage Dr. Nimm, who is now singled out. The riders, who Nimm can now see at close range as female drow start casting at him. Two reach out to him, with only one able to touch him. The spell is Contagion, a real nasty one. Dr. Nimm is infected with Blinding Sickness and is now blind. The allosaurs continue to circle about him, snapping with their massive jaws. Dr. Nimm evades all but one of their bites as he ducks and weaves instinctively (the have advantage on their attacks now), taking 6 damage.

The drow warriors take the opportunity to attack Dr. Nimm as well, with an array of bolts flung his way, Dr. Nimm is struck 6 times for 28 damage. Thankfully, his immunity to poison let's him shrug off any other ill effect. For the rest of their move, they seem to scramble and move away from the melee. Te ones not engaged start ushering the rounded up halflings away.

Leena: (in Elvish to Reli) Go, help him!

Reli moves forward 40 feet, closing behind Nimm to help.

Leena: (in Elvish) I know you understand me, drow. Meet your death!

She follows up with another 4 attacks thanks to Swift Quiver, targeting one of the priests. She decides on using her magical (+3) arrows for these attacks.

10+17-5= 22, a hit! for 1d8 (3)+21= 24 damage!
1, a miss!
17+17-5= 29, a hit! for 1d8 (2)+21= 23 damage!
13+17-5= 25, a hit! for 1d8 (4)+21= 25 damage!

It takes 3 arrows, but she finally drops one of the priests.

Xavier, you go!

--

Initiative Order:

Leena (19)
Xavier (17)
Dr. Nimm (16)
Arciuvs (15)

Dr. Nimm: HP: 210/234 AC: 22 (Aid, Contingency: Freedom of Movement, Death Ward, Mutagen)

Ketiara
2015-10-03, 10:41 AM
Okay, so here is the general layout.

Dr. Nimm just moved within range of one of 3 dino-riders. He is at the front line, alone. Behind him, Arcivus and Mr. Benson follow (now only 75 feet away), then Reli (80 feet away) with Leena right behind him (85 feet away). Xavier I hovering some 40 feet in the air, pestering the archers.

Everyone follow? Good. This is a lot of basic math, but I a trying to keep up with my own posts as well.

The dino-riders close and engage Dr. Nimm, who is now singled out. The riders, who Nimm can now see at close range as female drow start casting at him. Two reach out to him, with only one able to touch him. The spell is Contagion, a real nasty one. Dr. Nimm is infected with Blinding Sickness and is now blind. The allosaurs continue to circle about him, snapping with their massive jaws. Dr. Nimm evades all but one of their bites as he ducks and weaves instinctively (the have advantage on their attacks now), taking 6 damage.

The drow warriors take the opportunity to attack Dr. Nimm as well, with an array of bolts flung his way, Dr. Nimm is struck 6 times for 28 damage. Thankfully, his immunity to poison let's him shrug off any other ill effect. For the rest of their move, they seem to scramble and move away from the melee. Te ones not engaged start ushering the rounded up halflings away.

Leena: (in Elvish to Reli) Go, help him!

Reli moves forward 40 feet, closing behind Nimm to help.

Leena: (in Elvish) I know you understand me, drow. Meet your death!

She follows up with another 4 attacks thanks to Swift Quiver, targeting one of the priests. She decides on using her magical (+3) arrows for these attacks.

10+17-5= 22, a hit! for 1d8 (3)+21= 24 damage!
1, a miss!
17+17-5= 29, a hit! for 1d8 (2)+21= 23 damage!
13+17-5= 25, a hit! for 1d8 (4)+21= 25 damage!

It takes 3 arrows, but she finally drops one of the priests.

Xavier, you go!

--

Initiative Order:

Leena (19)
Xavier (17)
Dr. Nimm (16)
Arciuvs (15)

Dr. Nimm: HP: 210/234 AC: 22 (Aid, Contingency: Freedom of Movement, Death Ward, Mutagen)

Could i change my action moving and dashing this turn and then my next turn I do exactly as I described? Pwetty please (thought I was a bit closer, they hardly hear my shout or see my bright aura from here)

EDIT: it's alright to say no, if it changes anything, it's just Arcivus being a selfless do good'er still want to look cool doing so, and this isn't cool misjudging a cool entry by this much.

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-03, 11:05 AM
Well played, priestess... Well played.

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-03, 11:10 AM
Wait a sec... My epic boon perfsect health says immune to all diseases (also boon of magic resistance and gnome.cunning, which seems a bit redundant but w/e)

DM7581
2015-10-03, 11:39 AM
Wait a sec... My epic boon perfsect health says immune to all diseases (also boon of magic resistance and gnome.cunning, which seems a bit redundant but w/e)

Yes, indeed. So no damage there or from the Dino bite (it was at advantage). You did get hit with a few bolts though, so I'll modify it. Now the priests realize that you are immune to the disease now, but it still takes their action. The third one cast another Mass Cure between the 2 injured ones (Leena's attack still dropped one of them though).

As far as Arcivus, yeah, you can Dash instead of use Holy Nimbus. It puts you much closer.

I'll fill out a bigger more detailed follow up with Xavier.

DM7581
2015-10-03, 11:40 AM
Arcivus has got 45 feet to go.

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-03, 12:12 PM
I open my eyes and look at the priestesses.

"Aha! I was merely ACTING as if you had blinded me!"

http://giphy.com/gifs/snl-vh1-classic-1LiryotCCtd7y

Xavier Alexis
2015-10-03, 02:06 PM
Arcivus has got 45 feet to go.

I did not realize Arcivus was so far out of melee.

Will Arcivus be able to execute a full attack next round or will he need to waste more time moving?

Ketiara
2015-10-03, 03:52 PM
I did not realize Arcivus was so far out of melee.

Will Arcivus be able to execute a full attack next round or will he need to waste more time moving?

With this Arcivus is 45ft away and is going to use his lvl 20 ability

Xavier Alexis
2015-10-03, 04:29 PM
As my action, I manifest Dimension Door and teleport myself next to Arcivus.

"Arcivus, forgive my absence but I thought it prudent to scout the area to see what we are up against. Considering what I have observed, I believe those Dino-Riders should be our primary target. Allow me to teleport you near them so we can catch them off-guard."

As my bonus action, I expend 10 PSPs in order to regain 7 Augmentation points.

As my reaction, I manifest Counterspell at 5th Level if one of our opponents attempt to cast a spell within 60 feet of me.

DM7581
2015-10-03, 05:07 PM
Xavier ports away. Nimm, on you!

I corrected some HP, so Nimm was only struck 3 times by bolts, not 6.

--

Initiative Order:

Leena (19)
Xavier (17)
Dr. Nimm (16)
Arciuvs (15)
Drow Dino-Riders (13): 2 (each riding an Allosaurus, 1 Allosaurus unmanned)

Dr. Nimm: HP: 224/234 AC: 22 (Aid, Contingency: Freedom of Movement, Death Ward, Mutagen)

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-03, 08:06 PM
Oh ****. I didn't realize counter spell was a reaction. Roooooobb!

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-03, 08:37 PM
With wide two handed swings I strike at the warriors with my WARS.

Rolled a 9 and 16. You wrote 2 attacks on my sheet w.mutagen. You later wrote I can use a bonus action.to attack. Is this the same thing you're referring to? Or because I'm using a hooked hammer as a double weapon (potentially netting 3 attacks?)

In.this case that's for one attack and one bonus action to attack. If there's a 3rd let me know. Damage is d6+8 right? So 11 and 9.

If the first attack hits, I actually target another warrior...

I want to see how many warriors I can make fall to the ground laughing hideously. Remember its an Amusing Recreational System and thus enchanted with hilarious ness!

"Archie! Check this out!"

(If I'm hit by a physical attack I toss a flash pellet as a reaction.

DM7581
2015-10-03, 10:52 PM

Rolled a 9 and 16. You wrote 2 attacks on my sheet w.mutagen. You later wrote I can use a bonus action.to attack. Is this the same thing you're referring to? Or because I'm using a hooked hammer as a double weapon (potentially netting 3 attacks?)

In.this case that's for one attack and one bonus action to attack. If there's a 3rd let me know. Damage is d6+8 right? So 11 and 9.

I want to see how many warriors I can make fall to the ground laughing hideously. Remember its an Amusing Recreational System and thus enchanted with hilarious ness!

Couple of things. The second attack is a bonus action, as would be two-weapon fighting, so it does not stack (you still get a sick +6 to hit/dam). Also, the only creatures in melee are the allosaurus and the priests. The other warriors are at a distance, firing crossbows. Now you can attack them, but your move would provoke an opportunity attack. Your call here.

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-03, 11:06 PM
Screw it. Ill take the opportunity attack. I'm determined!

DM7581
2015-10-03, 11:38 PM
Screw it. Ill take the opportunity attack. I'm determined!

Before you decide on that, I was reviewing your sheet and your AC bonus for Mutagen does not stack with armor, it is either or. This bumps you to an AC of 18, not 22.

Also, you are missing an Epic Boon. You are level 25, so you should have 5 plus your Grand Discovery for 6 in total. I have:

Grand Discovery: Perfect Health

Epic Boons:
-Immortality
-Skill Proficiency
-Invulnerability
-Magic Resistance

What am I missing?

DM7581
2015-10-03, 11:47 PM
Also, your Feats are off:

Feats:
-Keen Mind
-Linguist
-Observant
-Skilled (retrained to ASI)

I never applied the Ability Score Increase. Your Int is maxed out for your level, but you can go up 2 in any other ability or 1 in any 2. What'll it be?

Also note that your Epic Boon from my last post can be a +2 to your Int.

DM7581
2015-10-04, 12:02 AM
Actually, I have your stats all over. Help me out.

27 point buy. All starting at 8. It costs 1 point up to 13, then 2 14 and 15 (max).

Str 8 to 10 (2 points)
Dex 8 to 14 (7 points)
Con 8 to 13 (5 points), 13 to 14 (Racial adjustment), 14 to 16 (ASI retrained from Skilled Feat?)
Int 8 to 15 (9 points), 15 to 17 (Racial adjustment), 17 to 20 (Keen Mind, Linguist, Observant Feats), 20 to 22 (Tome of Understanding)
Wis 8 to 12 (4 points)
Cha 8 to 10 (2 points)

This puts you at 29 points. BUT I am missing an Ability Score Increase in here, which could put your Dex to 15 total (or 14 and then Con at 17, either way uness you want to bump up Str, Wis, or Cha), and make the math add up. You with me?

Str 8 to 10 (2 points)
Dex 8 to 13 (5 points), 13 to 15 (ASI)
Con 8 to 13 (5 points), 13 to 14 (Racial adjustment), 14 to 16 (ASI retrained from Skilled Feat?)
Int 8 to 15 (9 points), 15 to 17 (Racial adjustment), 17 to 20 (Keen Mind, Linguist, Observant Feats), 20 to 22 (Tome of Understanding)
Wis 8 to 12 (4 points)
Cha 8 to 10 (2 points)

Just balancing things out. Let me know what you prefer.

DM7581
2015-10-04, 12:06 AM
Before you decide on that, I was reviewing your sheet and your AC bonus for Mutagen does not stack with armor, it is either or. This bumps you to an AC of 18, not 22.

Also, you are missing an Epic Boon. You are level 25, so you should have 5 plus your Grand Discovery for 6 in total. I have:

Grand Discovery: Perfect Health

Epic Boons:
-Immortality
-Skill Proficiency
-Invulnerability
-Magic Resistance

What am I missing?

Ah, Boon of Fortitude. Never mind. Found it.

DM7581
2015-10-04, 12:09 AM
I feel like I'm doing an IRS audit.

Dr. Nimm: HP: 244/254 AC: 18 (Aid, Contingency: Freedom of Movement, Death Ward, Mutagen)

Dr. Nimm was missing 20 HP. Fixed.

Ketiara
2015-10-04, 06:53 AM

Dr. Nimm: HP: 244/254 AC: 22 (Aid, Contingency: Freedom of Movement, Death Ward, Mutagen)

As far as I can see it's the drow archers turn. Am I right?

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-04, 09:17 AM

Dr. Nimm: HP: 244/254 AC: 22 (Aid, Contingency: Freedom of Movement, Death Ward, Mutagen)

That spoiler says my AC is 22. Isn't it 18 now?

DM7581
2015-10-04, 09:53 AM
That spoiler says my AC is 22. Isn't it 18 now?

I'll fix it.

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-04, 11:47 AM
Couple of things. The second attack is a bonus action, as would be two-weapon fighting, so it does not stack (you still get a sick +6 to hit/dam). Also, the only creatures in melee are the allosaurus and the priests. The other warriors are at a distance, firing crossbows. Now you can attack them, but your move would provoke an opportunity attack. Your call here.

I can't tumble through like in 3.5?

Ketiara
2015-10-04, 12:02 PM
I can't tumble through like in 3.5?

nope, you need mobile feat to avoid OA's. but you can run around him as much as you like, its ONLY when you leave his reach that he gets OA

DM7581
2015-10-04, 12:13 PM
Dr. Nimm seems like an unstoppable force. These drow are getting desperate. In Elvish, one of the priests shout out:

Priestess: Surrender now, or we kill them all!

She then barks orders to the others in Undercommon.

The archers, take their move down the tree and take the Ready action, putting their crossbows to the heads of 2 halfling children and an older male halfling.

Priestess: (in Elvish) Weapons, down now!

Leena: (in Common) Xavier? Nimm? You speak Elvish, right?

Arcivus you go, but Dr. Nimm or Xavier can interject first...

--

Initiative Order:

Leena (19)
Xavier (17)
Dr. Nimm (16)
Arciuvs (15)

Dr. Nimm: HP: 224/234 AC: 19 (Aid, Contingency: Freedom of Movement, Death Ward, Mutagen)

Corrected Dr. Nimm's HP and AC (again).

DM7581
2015-10-04, 12:22 PM

Skipped your action. So yes, Dr. Nimm moves toward the drow warriors, breaking through.

As you move, the allosaurs snap at you, promting your flash pellet to make one of them miss. Another does get you though, for 13 damage. The priests also swing at you, armed with scourges. One connects for an additional 6 damage.

Your swings both connect, hitting to different drow. Though alive, they both fall to the ground, laughing hysterically. I take it Mr. Benson continues to move on forward, now 45 feet away from melee.

Okay, now Arcivus can go.

--

Initiative Order:

Leena (19)
Xavier (17)
Dr. Nimm (17)
Arciuvs (15)
Drow Warriors (7): 5 staying behind; 13 engaged at range, 2 laughing (prone)

Dr. Nimm: HP: 205/234 AC: 19 (Aid, Contingency: Freedom of Movement, Death Ward, Mutagen)

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-04, 12:45 PM
nope, you need mobile feat to avoid OA's. but you can run around him as much as you like, its ONLY when you leave his reach that he gets OA

There.is a mobile feat? I don't recall seeing that in phb

DM7581
2015-10-04, 12:49 PM
There.is a mobile feat? I don't recall seeing that in phb

Yes, but it only applies if you strike a creature and then move away from it and it only applies to that one creature. Now, instead of attacking twice, you could have used your bonus action to Disengage and then hit only 1 of the Drow, instead of dual-wielding the hook-hammer.

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-04, 12:57 PM
Dr. Nimm seems like an unstoppable force. These drow are getting desperate. In Elvish, one of the priests shout out:

The archers, take their move down the tree and take the Ready action, putting their crossbows to the heads of 2 halfling children and an older male halfling.

--

Initiative Order:

Leena (19)
Xavier (17)
Dr. Nimm (16)
Arciuvs (15)

Dr. Nimm: HP: 224/234 AC: 19 (Aid, Contingency: Freedom of Movement, Death Ward, Mutagen)

As Archie is about to swing I yell:

"Archie! Stop!"

I quietly dispel my mutagen before speaking further. Unable to fully contain my.amusement.at the two unfortunate warriors who are now rofl I giggle while saying:

in common"Friends, it seems we face the difficult and only option of surrendering. I am confident that we will be fine."

In Elvish, to the priestess "We will surrender, if you release your hostages. If you're using their lives to bargain for yours, releasing them is the only way to assure us of that. Otherwise we will fight you, and I believe it is obvious that you can't win this fight, as we are clearly superior to you. Though I confess I have a fatal attraction for females such as yourself. Perhaps we can have a private meeting to ah, discuss additional terms." (Wink)

I lower my precious war pipe to the ground. Having anticipated this possibility, I of course have a backup pipe, though its just a small harmless ordinary pipe. I proceed to withdraw it and fill it with tobacco, snickering at the rofl warriors and winking lewdly at the pristess.

Hoping I can cast spells asap

Ketiara
2015-10-04, 01:06 PM
Skipped your action. So yes, Dr. Nimm moves toward the drow warriors, breaking through.

As you move, the allosaurs snap at you, promting your flash pellet to make one of them miss. Another does get you though, for 13 damage. The priests also swing at you, armed with scourges. One connects for an additional 6 damage.

Your swings both connect, hitting to different drow. Though alive, they both fall to the ground, laughing hysterically. I take it Mr. Benson continues to move on forward, now 45 feet away from melee.

Okay, now Arcivus can go.

--

Initiative Order:

Leena (19)
Xavier (17)
Dr. Nimm (17)
Arciuvs (15)
Drow Warriors (7): 5 staying behind; 13 engaged at range, 2 laughing (prone)

Dr. Nimm: HP: 205/234 AC: 19 (Aid, Contingency: Freedom of Movement, Death Ward, Mutagen)

I move 30 ft taking me as close to the dinoriders as possible (10feet)

And the situation presented to Arcivus only enrages him further! And in celestrial:
The wrath of the Gods is upon you! And I am the bringer! Fear ME! Surrender or perish!

And light as bright as the sun shines from his body and even brighter from the eyes!

And with that I activate Holy nimbus
(30ft bright sunlight as its a lvl 20 action I take it, it counts as a high lvl spell, so darkness doesnt dispell it)

And I use my bonus action to cast sanctuary on one of the children (forcing a DC 19 willsave if they want to attack the kid).

I reckon ever drow has disadvantage on attacks because of the light I shine. Besides that I take it that every ally within 30 ft of me gets benefit from my auras (including the halflings)

Arcivus stops in his tracks - Delaying his action. Activating his turn the instant he sees a threatening action from any of the drow

Xavier Alexis
2015-10-04, 02:49 PM

--

Initiative Order:

Leena (19)
Xavier (17)
Dr. Nimm (16)
Arciuvs (15)

Can I place a Wall of Force or Forcecage around the halflings in order to protect them?

Ketiara
2015-10-04, 03:03 PM
Can I place a Wall of Force or Forcecage around the halflings in order to protect them?

I think as wall of force would do the trick.

Arcivus is still delaying...

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-04, 03:19 PM
Ooc: That's what I was thinking as well. However, the archers have readied an action. Even if we cast force age, they might still execute the hostages.

I have a plan though discussing ooc it just amounts to telepathy In game.

Ketiara
2015-10-04, 05:04 PM
Ooc: That's what I was thinking as well. However, the archers have readied an action. Even if we cast force age, they might still execute the hostages.

I have a plan though discussing ooc it just amounts to telepathy In game.

I read it as they have the bows right at their face? like a coupe de grace (think its an auto crit in 5e) correct me if im wrong.

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-04, 05:15 PM
Its a readied action. Any spell we try to cast they can shoot.

Technically I can raise dead, but that kind of takes the drama out of it and makes it cheesy.

Ketiara
2015-10-04, 05:28 PM
Its a readied action. Any spell we try to cast they can shoot.

Technically I can raise dead, but that kind of takes the drama out of it and makes it cheesy.

yea I agree, anyways enough meta :D

Arcivus looks at Nimm tryin his best to stay his action! Arcivus has never had good experiences with hostage situations and know that it always ends up with very ugly decisions. But Arcivus knows that the brilliant mind of Nimm must already have calculated all the possible outcoms given the tools we have. So blind trust stays his hand!

You know what you are doing, ill take your lead!

Arcivus is still delaying.

DM7581
2015-10-04, 06:26 PM

You can try, but the 3 archers are not all adjacent, so you do not know how they will react, if they react or notice it at all. It would take at least 2 rounds (assuming 1 quickened spell) to protect all 3 and by then, the other halflings may be at risk as well.

Ketiara
2015-10-04, 06:31 PM
You can try, but the 3 archers are not all adjacent, so you do not know how they will react, if they react or notice it at all. It would take at least 2 rounds (assuming 1 quickened spell) to protect all 3 and by then, the other halflings may be at risk as well.

yea Bryan reminded us that they had readied action, but its the dino riders and warriors anyways, so things can change quickly :D

Love football! sucks its not a big deal in Denmark.

DM7581
2015-10-04, 06:31 PM
As Archie is about to swing I yell:

"Archie! Stop!"

I quietly dispel my mutagen before speaking further. Unable to fully contain my.amusement.at the two unfortunate warriors who are now rofl I giggle while saying:

in common"Friends, it seems we face the difficult and only option of surrendering. I am confident that we will be fine."

In Elvish, to the priestess "We will surrender, if you release your hostages. If you're using their lives to bargain for yours, releasing them is the only way to assure us of that. Otherwise we will fight you, and I believe it is obvious that you can't win this fight, as we are clearly superior to you. Though I confess I have a fatal attraction for females such as yourself. Perhaps we can have a private meeting to ah, discuss additional terms." (Wink)

I lower my precious war pipe to the ground. Having anticipated this possibility, I of course have a backup pipe, though its just a small harmless ordinary pipe. I proceed to withdraw it and fill it with tobacco, snickering at the rofl warriors and winking lewdly at the pristess.

Hoping I can cast spells asap

Priestess: (in Elvish) Ha! Nice try gnome, but do not try to bide anymore time. Weapons down and away with you. You have already cost us some men and a priestess. As for the wizard (referring to Xavier), any sudden moves and we slay these precious children! These (referring to the halflings) are rightfully ours. You are foreigners here. Go back from where you came!

I see that no actions have been taken. Is everyone dropping their guard/weapons? Leena is looking for a cue.

Ketiara
2015-10-04, 06:44 PM
Priestess: (in Elvish) Ha! Nice try gnome, but do not try to bide anymore time. Weapons down and away with you. You have already cost us some men and a priestess. As for the wizard (referring to Xavier), any sudden moves and we slay these precious children! These (referring to the halflings) are rightfully ours. You are foreigners here. Go back from where you came!

I see that no actions have been taken. Is everyone dropping their guard/weapons? Leena is looking for a cue.

Ever since Nimm started bunking in my room he's been teaching me elvish, and my knowledge of celestrial (must be a core part of the elvish language) I hope I understand some key words, like slay, right to own, begone.

DM7581
2015-10-04, 07:01 PM
Ever since Nimm started bunking in my room he's been teaching me elvish, and my knowledge of celestrial (must be a core part of the elvish language) I hope I understand some key words, like slay, right to own, begone.

You definitely understand the implications. I will rule that combat has ceased. What you understand and see is a few drow holding some halflings while trying to urge your surrender. They seem to be getting agitated as Nimm responds to them. Their actions are readied. If anyone wants to take an action I will call for new initiative.

Ketiara
2015-10-04, 07:06 PM
You definitely understand the implications. I will rule that combat has ceased. What you understand and see is a few drow holding some halflings while trying to urge your surrender. They seem to be getting agitated as Nimm responds to them. Their actions are readied. If anyone wants to take an action I will call for new initiative.

But I reckon you will not rule that our initiative could interfere with the "executioners" with readied bows?

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-04, 07:17 PM

We were.waiting for you. Can you describe how the halflings are arranged relative to the archers (And.whoever else is threatening them).

You said the archers are kind of surrounding them. Are the prisoners grouped together or scattered?

Dm: while I.wait from this info from you I say;

In common: "Archie, lower your weapon and stand down."

In elven :"We will drop our weapons if you order your thugs to lower theirs. We are not so foolish to think they won't shoot them then shoot at us while unarmed."

Ketiara
2015-10-04, 07:53 PM
We were.waiting for you. Can you describe how the halflings are arranged relative to the archers (And.whoever else is threatening them).

You said the archers are kind of surrounding them. Are the prisoners grouped together or scattered?

Dm: while I.wait from this info from you I say;

In common: "Archie, lower your weapon and stand down."

In elven :"We will drop our weapons if you order your thugs to lower theirs. We are not so foolish to think they won't shoot them then shoot at us while unarmed."

Arcivus make a little swirl with his sword ending with the tip of the sword in the ground swaying by the energy it took to put it there... Arcivus doesnt like the situation, as he is rarely parted with his sword, but he is hardly pacified without his sword.

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-04, 07:58 PM
Arcivus make a little swirl with his sword ending with the tip of the sword in the ground swaying by the energy it took to put it there... Arcivus doesnt like the situation, as he is rarely parted with his sword, but he is hardly pacified without his sword.

In.common to Archie "Don't worry. We will find you an even better one."

To Xavier, in common : "They are terrified of you. Put them at ease and stand in a non threatening manner, sir!"

To the Priestess: "Our warrior has relinquished his sword despite his vow never to do so. I repeat, have your thugs remain calm and lower their weapons, lest Arcivus be tempted to retrieve his weapon and use it on you! It is only his trust in me which is shielding all of you wretches from a thousand cuts! When they have done so we will withdraw."

DM7581
2015-10-04, 09:59 PM
They surround the group of halflings in a circle. The halflings were grouped and herded, crying and whimpering about as they were handled an gathered.

Priestess: Very well. We go. Do not follow us, surface dwellers.

They start to back away, with the halflings in custody, slowly, not taking their eyes off of you. Any follow-up?

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-04, 10:37 PM
They surround the group of halflings in a circle. The halflings were grouped and herded, crying and whimpering about as they were handled an gathered.

Priestess: Very well. We go. Do not follow us, surface dwellers.

They start to back away, with the halflings in custody, slowly, not taking their eyes off of you. Any follow-up?

Good. Since all their eyes are on me, I sleight of.hand (17+9=26) bonus action =flash pellet hoping to exploit their light sensitivity.

Action: time stop (3+1 rounds)

1. Mirror Image

2.Grab my WARS

(3.)Grab Archies sword and put it in.front of him (time stop text says items not carried by ppl are OK. If.not, disregard. I think Archies sword is still in front of him anyway

4 (Or 3) Finally, Wall of stone, encasing as many of the halflings as I can. Text says I have the option.of shunting them in the direction I choose. Obviously I shunt them inside the structure (doesn't have to be a perfect cube, any shape.in 10x10 panels.

I am careful to draw the edges such that no enemies end up inside the cube (borders are between them and the hostages ). I understand doing it this way may leave some hostages outside the cube but its the best I can do.

With any remaining panels (I get 10) I make.a small 10 foot high fort around myself with crenellations or window like spaces , granting me 3/4 cover and a cieling if possible (I can just jump out of a window if I need to leave)

And because I know you'll ask, I rolled a 9 on initiative. Hoping the sleight of hand got me a surprise round.

"Everyone, save the rest, then destroy these fools!"

Ketiara
2015-10-05, 07:07 AM
Good. Since all their eyes are on me, I sleight of.hand (17+9=26) bonus action =flash pellet hoping to exploit their light sensitivity.

Action: time stop (3+1 rounds)

1. Mirror Image

2.Grab my WARS

(3.)Grab Archies sword and put it in.front of him (time stop text says items not carried by ppl are OK. If.not, disregard. I think Archies sword is still in front of him anyway

4 (Or 3) Finally, Wall of stone, encasing as many of the halflings as I can. Text says I have the option.of shunting them in the direction I choose. Obviously I shunt them inside the structure (doesn't have to be a perfect cube, any shape.in 10x10 panels.

I am careful to draw the edges such that no enemies end up inside the cube (borders are between them and the hostages ). I understand doing it this way may leave some hostages outside the cube but its the best I can do.

With any remaining panels (I get 10) I make.a small 10 foot high fort around myself with crenellations or window like spaces , granting me 3/4 cover and a cieling if possible (I can just jump out of a window if I need to leave)

And because I know you'll ask, I rolled a 9 on initiative. Hoping the sleight of hand got me a surprise round.

"Everyone, save the rest, then destroy these fools!"

My sword isnt futher away that I can pick it up as part of my move. So no need to hand it to me. (one problem though, isnt it only Xavier being psionic that has 9th lvl spells?)

DM7581
2015-10-05, 07:51 AM
My sword isnt futher away that I can pick it up as part of my move. So no need to hand it to me. (one problem though, isnt it only Xavier being psionic that has 9th lvl spells?)

Um yeah. No problem in grabbing the sword, moving, taking an action, but 9th level spells are still unavailable. Contingency plan?

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-05, 08:43 AM
Um yeah. No problem in grabbing the sword, moving, taking an action, but 9th level spells are still unavailable. Contingency plan?

I thought I got 9th back. I wasted 3 slots on 9th level spells!

Then flash pellet / wall of stone encasing as many hostages as possible while leaving the hostiles on the outside and with any remaining panels a little fort on the side, giving me cover from the enemies.

So picture a little box (my fort) connected to a big box (the hostages). Priority goes to hostages, I want them totally sealed off first then defenses.for myself and Leena if she's near me.with the remainder.

DM7581
2015-10-05, 09:31 AM
I thought I got 9th back. I wasted 3 slots on 9th level spells!

Then flash pellet / wall of stone encasing as many hostages as possible while leaving the hostiles on the outside and with any remaining panels a little fort on the side, giving me cover from the enemies.

So picture a little box (my fort) connected to a big box (the hostages). Priority goes to hostages, I want them totally sealed off first then defenses.for myself and Leena if she's near me.with the remainder.

You can do this, but risk enclosing about 5 drow along with the halflings:

_________
|h-h-h-d /
|h-h-h-d/
|h-h-h |
|h-h-h |
|h-h-d /
|d-d /
|--- |
| N |

Each line represents 5 feet of wall, but each piece needs to be at least 10 feet long. I did this one my phone, so hopefully it reads well. Basically, you can enclose most of the other drow outside of the wall. Going to do it?

DM7581
2015-10-05, 09:34 AM
You will be in a tunnel of sorts, so you will have some cover.

Ketiara
2015-10-05, 09:37 AM

_________
|h-h-h-d /
|h-h-h-d/
|h-h-h |
|h-h-h |
|h-h-d /
|d-d /
|--- |
| N |

Each line represents 5 feet of wall, but each piece needs to be at least 10 feet long. I did this one my phone, so hopefully it reads well. Basically, you can enclose most of the other drow outside of the wall. Going to do it?
Yea it reads just fine.

Whats the odds the drow ends up inside the walls? Is it a reflex save and then they decide what side of the walls they end up at? Perhaps it's better to risk a few halflings on the outside rather than a few drow on the outside?

DM7581
2015-10-05, 09:43 AM
Note that there would be drow around that drawing as well, about 20 in total, plus the 3 dinosaurs and 2 priestesses riding them.

Ketiara
2015-10-05, 09:50 AM
Note that there would be drow around that drawing as well, about 20 in total, plus the 3 dinosaurs and 2 priestesses riding them.

Yea of course, but what is the chance of 1-5 drow ending up inside? I'm sure Nimm has made that calculation in a micro sec.

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-05, 09:55 AM

_________
|h-h-h-d /
|h-h-h-d/
|h-h-h |
|h-h-h |
|h-h-d /
|d-d /
|--- |
| N |

If I understand your graphic, I can make a rectangle.with no drow in it, but the 2 halflings in the bottom.will be left out. See what I mean?

Or, your graphic as is, I risk up to 4 drow being inside. However, I can choose to shunt them outside and they must make a saving throw, right? If so, I use an intelligence check (9+7=16) to calculate the likely number of drow that can end up in.the.fort

DM7581
2015-10-05, 10:24 AM
If I understand your graphic, I can make a rectangle.with no drow in it, but the 2 halflings in the bottom.will be left out. See what I mean?

Or, your graphic as is, I risk up to 4 drow being inside. However, I can choose to shunt them outside and they must make a saving throw, right? If so, I use an intelligence check (9+7=16) to calculate the likely number of drow that can end up in.the.fort

Basically, if you want all the halflings in, you will definitely take in at least 5 drow. You can cut out some halflings and leave out a few with no drow. Your call.

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-05, 10:25 AM
Basically, if you want all the halflings in, you will definitely take in at least 5 drow. You can cut out some halflings and leave out a few with no drow. Your call.

]I cut out.some halflings and.leave out drow. Hopefully my friends will.react fast enough.

"NOW!"

Ketiara
2015-10-05, 11:04 AM
]I cut out.some halflings and.leave out drow. Hopefully my friends will.react fast enough.

"NOW!"

Arcivus picks up his sword, and move into the middle of it all. he need to be 30ft away from my ally's and exposed halflings. All the while having as many drow within 30ft of me. (I hope to do this without a battle map.)
He then use his bonus action to cast sanctuary on an exposed halfling.

Arcivus then readies his body for an enormous swordblow to the ground. And while his entire body fills with light which then channels into the sword.

"You should NEVER have threatened innocents, now feel the wrath of HEIRONEUS!!"

And with that the sword strikes the earth causing a blastwave of thunder and holy energy to ripple from where he stand.

Constitution save DC19
21thunder damage and 24radiant damage and knocked prone with a failed save. 1/2 dam no prone if saved

If it's not possible for me to target 6+ targets then I'd probably do something els.

Damn hoped for a suprice round :D

DM7581
2015-10-05, 12:08 PM
Well, here we go:

--

Initiative Order:

Leena (20)
Allosaurus (16)
Dr. Nimm (12)
Xavier (12)
Priestess (10)
Arcivus (9)
Drow (4)

--

I'll follow up at lunch time.

DM7581
2015-10-05, 01:03 PM
Well, here we go:

--

Initiative Order:

Leena (20)
Allosaurus (16)
Dr. Nimm (12)
Xavier (12)
Priestess (10)
Arcivus (9)
Drow (4)

--

I'll follow up at lunch time.

Since Dr. Nimm is leading the charge here, I will grant surprise, so he is the only one who can take an action.

The smoke pellet goes off, followed by a heavy-looking vial, which explodes at a point centered on the halfling group into a massive, shaped structure of stone. Only the two bottom halflings are left outside of the wall, the others, safely contained in the stone structure. Keep in mind that the top is open, however.

New Round 1:

Leena, her bow, ever ready, commands Reli to close and attack the drow nearest the remaining halflings. She moves up herself and uses a bonus action to cast Hunter's Mark and shoots another drow.

14+10= 24, a hit! for 2d4 (8)+8= 16 damage, killing one drow!
15+10= 25, a hit! for 2d4 (4)+8= 12 damage, killing another!

19+14-5= 28, a hit! for 1d8 (2)+ 1d6 (3)+18= 23 damage, killing another!

Three drow down. There is one priestess on either side of the wall, about 15 feet away from Dr. Nimm. The unmanned allosaurus is on the right side of the structure as well. There are about 4 drow that can still threaten the outside halflings.

The allosaurus charges Dr. Nimm (mutagen expired I assumed since combat broke), clawing at him 18/18+6= 24, a hit for 6 damage. The pounce requires a Str save for Nimm to stay on his feet, which Dr. Nimm succeeds at.

Full circle and back to Nimm.

DM7581
2015-10-05, 01:08 PM
Arcivus picks up his sword, and move into the middle of it all. he need to be 30ft away from my ally's and exposed halflings. All the while having as many drow within 30ft of me. (I hope to do this without a battle map.)
He then use his bonus action to cast sanctuary on an exposed halfling.

Arcivus then readies his body for an enormous swordblow to the ground. And while his entire body fills with light which then channels into the sword.

"You should NEVER have threatened innocents, now feel the wrath of HEIRONEUS!!"

And with that the sword strikes the earth causing a blastwave of thunder and holy energy to ripple from where he stand.

Constitution save DC19
21thunder damage and 24radiant damage and knocked prone with a failed save. 1/2 dam no prone if saved

If it's not possible for me to target 6+ targets then I'd probably do something els.

Damn hoped for a suprice round :D

Anyways, you can't cast a spell as a bonus action and then cast another spell unless it is a Cantrip.

Ketiara
2015-10-05, 01:14 PM
Anyways, you can't cast a spell as a bonus action and then cast another spell unless it is a Cantrip.

oh, I learn something new everyday :D

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-05, 01:25 PM
I.can't make a cieling with wall.of stone? Thought I could.

In elven: "Most impressive, Leena!"

To the priestess: "You have inconvenienced us considerably, whore of spiders! Die!"

I throw a bomb laced with disintegrate at the priestess and toss a bonus action bomb at her if she's still alive.

Rolls: 20! 19! 11!

Damage for.disintegrate 10d6 +40 rerolling 1 and 2+ int bonus.for.bombs +7=96. Crit damage if applied, just the.10d6 right? Rerolling 1 and 2 is 44

The 4d8 bomb damage brings the total to 119 Before the crit modifier if any.

Bonus bomb (rolled 11) its +12 to hit right? 23?

4d8+7=33 dmg. standard bomb (fire). I throw it at a drow threatening the halflings if she's dead.

DM7581
2015-10-05, 01:32 PM
I.can't make a cieling with wall.of stone? Thought I could.

In elven: "Most impressive, Leena!"

To the priestess: "You have inconvenienced us considerably, whore of spiders! Die!"

I throw a bomb laced with disintegrate at the priestess and toss a bonus action bomb at her if she's still alive.

Rolls: 20! 19! 11!

Damage for.disintegrate 10d6 +40 rerolling 1 and 2+ int bonus.for.bombs +7=96

The 4d8 bomb damage brings the total to 119 Before the crit modifier if any.

Bonus bomb (rolled 11) its +12 to hit right? 23?

4d8+7=33 dmg. standard bomb (fire). I throw it at a drow threatening the halflings if she's dead.

Nice! The Disintigrate is more than enough to take her down. All that remains is dust, which is blasted away by the force bomb. Your follow-up Fire Bomb scorches an unwitting drow, dropping him too. This brings us to Xavier. Go!

DM7581
2015-10-05, 01:36 PM
I'll say that this clears the lower half of the box created. No halflings are threatened right now, but number of drow remain on all other sides of the cube.

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-05, 01:43 PM
Dr. Nimm? More like Dr. Killaho.

Xavier Alexis
2015-10-05, 04:02 PM
"My friends, I am going to attempt to sway some of our opponents. Only engage those who continue to attack you!"

As my action, I activate Psionic Presence and attempt to charm as many Drow as I can.

Then, I will move where I can influence the most Drow.

As my bonus action, I manifest a Quickened Tongues on myself and speak to any Drow I may have charmed.

"Protect my friends and I! Protect the halflings!

DM7581
2015-10-05, 05:16 PM
Nice effect. A ripple of psionic energy is felt emanating from Xavier. Though highly resistant to charm effects, you can see that a large number of drow have been affected by the Psionic Presence.

The priestess, much stronger-willed, seems to shake off the effect. She calls out to her drow underlings. She speaks in Undercommon. Only Xavier can understand what is said:

Priestess: Retreat! Leave the halflings.

Now, the charmed drow are not instantly enemies of their own, so they could go either way. The priestess starts to ride off on her allosaurus, making a quick escape. She takes the Dash action, and runs off behind the tree, a bit out of site. The allosaurs that had the last priestess hasn't acted yet, but it follows the retreating priestess as well, keeping pace.

Arcivus, on you. It is hard to say which drow are enemies and which aren't, but it seems that they are about to flee.

--

Initiative Order:

Leena (20)
Allosaurus (16)
Dr. Nimm (12)
Xavier (12)
Priestess (10)
Arcivus (9)
Drow (4)

Ketiara
2015-10-05, 05:30 PM
Nice effect. A ripple of psionic energy is felt emanating from Xavier. Though highly resistant to charm effects, you can see that a large number of drow have been affected by the Psionic Presence.

The priestess, much stronger-willed, seems to shake off the effect. She calls out to her drow underlings. She speaks in Undercommon. Only Xavier can understand what is said:

Priestess: Retreat! Leave the halflings.

Now, the charmed drow are not instantly enemies of their own, so they could go either way. The priestess starts to ride off on her allosaurus, making a quick escape. She takes the Dash action, and runs off behind the tree, a bit out of site. The allosaurs that had the last priestess hasn't acted yet, but it follows the retreating priestess as well, keeping pace.

Arcivus, on you. It is hard to say which drow are enemies and which aren't, but it seems that they are about to flee.

--

Initiative Order:

Leena (20)
Allosaurus (16)
Dr. Nimm (12)
Xavier (12)
Priestess (10)
Arcivus (9)
Drow (4)

Arcivus never bothered to reach for his sword seeing it was pointless as they were all fleeing.

Knowing a little about divination Arcivus rushes toward one of the fleeing drow (charmed or not, pref none charmed) while grapping his dagger. Now focused on the task at hand he grabs the withe lock of hair from the drow he targeted and in a swift motion sever the hair and let the drow run along.

Arcivus watch as they run, Anyone knowing Arcivus realise that he let them escape.

And with a lock of white hair in one hand, a dragging sword in the other he walks toward Nimm and Xavier with an angry dark expression he hands Xavier the lock of hair - find them!

Athletics roll: Roll 11+13 = 24
Attack roll: 7+13 = 20; dam 1d4+7 = 9 + 6(1d8)
Dex roll: 12+0 = 12

DM7581
2015-10-05, 06:46 PM
The drow finish off the round. A number of them flee, with many more hesitating.

Fools! If you stay, you will surely be exiled and the dragon's next sacrifice!

After the warning shouts, the others look at Xavier, but eventually flee as well.

Dr. Nimm: HP: 173/208 AC: 19 (Aid, Contingency: Freedom of Movement, Death Ward)
Mr. Benson: HP: 80 AC: 18
Leena HP: 144 AC: 21 (Hunter's Mark [c])

I think combat is over (again?). No halflings were harmed. Any pursuit? Well...

Leena: We don't need to chase them now. They are easily tracked... Can you understand their language, Xavier?

Ketiara
2015-10-05, 06:51 PM
The drow finish off the round. A number of them flee, with many more hesitating.

After the warning shouts, the others look at Xavier, but eventually flee as well.

Dr. Nimm: HP: 173/208 AC: 19 (Aid, Contingency: Freedom of Movement, Death Ward)

Leena: We don't need to chase them now. They are easily tracked... Can you understand their language, Xavier?

We bring the little ones to safety, not necessarily all the way back to the camp, but we will go there if needed. But they will deffo be debriefed

DM7581
2015-10-05, 07:53 PM
The halflings only speak their native tongue, but you can tell how grateful they all are as the hug one another and nod appreciatively at you all.

You discover that while some of the bunch are hunters caught out in the wild, others were taken by fairer at the last camp that the halflings had settled at. The children were taken when they wandered too far away from camp another night. And so it goes on.

They are very familiar with the lands and can make their way back. Any particular questions to ask of them?

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-05, 08:58 PM
Didn't I disintegrate the priestess or was there another one? bitches be multiply in n ****

Xavier Alexis
2015-10-05, 08:58 PM

"Yes, for the moment. While fleeing, one of the Drow spoke of a dragon which they may be making sacrifices to."

The halflings only speak their native tongue, but you can tell how grateful they all are as the hug one another and nod appreciatively at you all.

You discover that while some of the bunch are hunters caught out in the wild, others were taken by fairer at the last camp that the halflings had settled at. The children were taken when they wandered too far away from camp another night. And so it goes on.

They are very familiar with the lands and can make their way back. Any particular questions to ask of them?

I have some questions for the halflings.

"Hello, my name is Xavier Alexis and I have some questions for you. Tell me, do any of you know how many halflings the Drow still have enslaved? I also heard one of the Drow mentioning a dragon. Can any of you tell me anything about this dragon? Lastly, does anyone know who leads these Drow?"

DM7581
2015-10-05, 09:13 PM
Didn't I disintegrate the priestess or was there another one? bitches be multiply in n ****

There were 3. Leena downed one and you the second.

DM7581
2015-10-05, 09:48 PM
"Yes, for the moment. While fleeing, one of the Drow spoke of a dragon which they may be making sacrifices to."

I have some questions for the halflings.

"Hello, my name is Xavier Alexis and I have some questions for you. Tell me, do any of you know how many halflings the Drow still have enslaved? I also heard one of the Drow mentioning a dragon. Can any of you tell me anything about this dragon? Lastly, does anyone know who leads these Drow?"

The oldest of the group takes it upon himself to reply.

Halfling: Well, met Xavier Alexis. I am Thrunbug. This is... (he goes off to introduce a number of halflings, whose names you easily forget). These elves enslave us to hunt and gather food for them. They seem to not know much of the surface. I don't know much of a dragon except that it does not like halflings as much as elves... And all the good elves...

He continues to ramble a bit more, but a bit less coherently. An older halfling? Yes. A suitable leader? Not quite. He is probably better off back at their camp.

Feel free to probe additional questions. The halflings seem eager to move on before the drow return, possibly with more numbers.

Ketiara
2015-10-06, 04:00 AM
The oldest of the group takes it upon himself to reply.

Halfling: Well, met Xavier Alexis. I am Thrunbug. This is... (he goes off to introduce a number of halflings, whose names you easily forget). These elves enslave us to hunt and gather food for them. They seem to not know much of the surface. I don't know much of a dragon except that it does not like halflings as much as elves... And all the good elves...

He continues to ramble a bit more, but a bit less coherently. An older halfling? Yes. A suitable leader? Not quite. He is probably better off back at their camp.

Feel free to probe additional questions. The halflings seem eager to move on before the drow return, possibly with more numbers.

I tell xavier to ask about this tree, what were they doing here? Why were the halflings brought here, and if they know where they were going?

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-06, 07:02 AM
There were 3. Leena downed one and you the second.

Ah **** I would.have used chain lightning. Oh well

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-06, 08:46 AM
I loot the bodies.

Ketiara
2015-10-06, 09:39 AM
I loot the bodies.

Remember to check for notes, maps stuff like that.

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-06, 02:21 PM
Dr. Nimm scowls at Xavier, bushy white eyebrows bunching together.

"Hmmm. Xavier, you don't seem to have the commanding presence and majesty that you used to. As charisma is based on personality, there is no reason that your new body won't retain your same personality and mental faculties.

I believe there may be a defect in the transfer, which is surely the fault of that Ridion. Therefore, I propose a procedure which may restore at least some of your legendary charisma. It would only work on you, as I think your charisma is latently locked within your mind.

I call it the 'Charismatic Handicap Active Reversal Mechanism', or C.H.A.R.M. I have already drawn up a rough sketch..."

Dr.Nimm shows Xavier a maddeningly confusing blueprint of a chamber and various mechanical components, with magical and mathematical formulas crammed into the corners and spaces, lines and arrows pointing to nowhere, maybe even a happy face or little turtle drawn in somewhere.

"Basically, it works by..." (insert crazy technical jargon)

Xavier Alexis
2015-10-06, 02:50 PM
I tell xavier to ask about this tree, what were they doing here? Why were the halflings brought here, and if they know where they were going?

I translate for Arcivus.

Dr. Nimm scowls at Xavier, bushy white eyebrows bunching together.

"Hmmm. Xavier, you don't seem to have the commanding presence and majesty that you used to. As charisma is based on personality, there is no reason that your new body won't retain your same personality and mental faculties.

I believe there may be a defect in the transfer, which is surely the fault of that Ridion. Therefore, I propose a procedure which may restore at least some of your legendary charisma. It would only work on you, as I think your charisma is latently locked within your mind.

I call it the 'Charismatic Handicap Active Reversal Mechanism', or C.H.A.R.M. I have already drawn up a rough sketch..."

Dr.Nimm shows Xavier a maddeningly confusing blueprint of a chamber and various mechanical components, with magical and mathematical formulas crammed into the corners and spaces, lines and arrows pointing to nowhere, maybe even a happy face or little turtle drawn in somewhere.

"Basically, it works by..." (insert crazy technical jargon)

"As always, I have the utmost faith in your abilities."

DM7581
2015-10-06, 11:24 PM
All that the halflings can add is that this tree was once the center of a great elven village. Since the drow have ran them extinct in this area, they have blighted the surrounding vegetation as well. The tree is just barely alive, which gives the halflings hope, as it is said that this very tree is what gives life to the region. The halflings go about their way, but if you need any directions (Arcivus asked about a map), they are happy to point you in the right direction. Remember that this was one of 3 locations that the drow have been sighted. Leena knows how to get to the other 2. They were the series of dark caves and the deep ravine.

--

You all loot the bodies and take all that is valuable. They drow have some weapons and armor, but they must be stowed at night lest they spoil in the sunlight. You gather a substantial amount of coin and a few trinkets, but Leena (she is an elf after all) does some additional scouring in the tree and finds additional pockets. She climbs the tree to search again and again, each time, grabbing more and more. She climbs the entire tree, searching thoroughly.

Apparently the elves also used this tree to hide their wealth, as an array of coin, gem, object of art, and even a few magical items are uncovered. It might have been done for it to be found later by other elves, or at least to keep them from the drow. You all take some time to go over and identify the loot. There are a very nice pair of boots that were neatly stowed, a spellbook that likely was kept hidden by an overprotective wizard, a peculiar deck of cards, a set of 2 lion figurines, and an odd-looking, pale green stone.

--

CP: 1549
SP: 24,564
GP: 478
PP: 385

12 50-GP gems
7 25-GP art objects
3 250-GP rt objects

Boots of Striding and Springing: gain a walking speed of 30, no speed reduction if wearing heavy armor, can jump 3 times the normal distance
Figurine of Wondrous Power (Golden Lions): summons up to 2 lions for up to 1 hour (under complete control); can be reused after 7 days
Spell Book: Detect Magic, Identify, Shield, Sleep, Melf's Acid Arrow, Scorching Ray, Web, Counterspell, Slow
Deck of Illusions: 29 cards; draw a card at random and toss it to create an illusion of it you can control
Pale Green Ioun Stone (mastery): gain +1 to your proficiency bonus

--

As Leena is kind of an NPC, she will have lowest priority, though she seems to favor the Figurines or the Ioun Stone. I am sure Dr. Nimm has his eye on the spellbook, but you guys can discuss and figure out who gets what (the boots would actually help Nimm a good deal too).

Split 4 ways (remember that Xavier is using a Vow of Poverty variant that I developed, so he needs to donate his share), you should all have:

387 CP (Leena takes 388 to even the split)
6,141 SP
119 GP (Leena takes 120)
96 PP (Leena takes 97)
3 50-GP Gems
0 25-GP art objects (Leena takes these instead of a 250-gp art object)
1 250-GP art object (Leena takes none since she took the treasure)

Total GP Value: 8,324.89
GP gained each: 2,081.22 (est.)

Any objections here? If not, great. Xavier, what do you do with your share? What do you all do next?

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-07, 03:52 AM
If anyone else has less than speed 30, I prefer they have the boots.

I snatch the spell book greedily. The gold I take without any apparent pleasure.

"Onward! I'm barely scratched. Anyone need healing? Lets go! Leena, lead the way."

Dm; time remaining.on my buffs?

I finish casting any spells then.once again.take a mutagen and sneak 50 feet ahead of the grp.

Ketiara
2015-10-07, 11:07 AM
All that the halflings can add is that this tree was once the center of a great elven village. Since the drow have ran them extinct in this area, they have blighted the surrounding vegetation as well. The tree is just barely alive, which gives the halflings hope, as it is said that this very tree is what gives life to the region. The halflings go about their way, but if you need any directions (Arcivus asked about a map), they are happy to point you in the right direction. Remember that this was one of 3 locations that the drow have been sighted. Leena knows how to get to the other 2. They were the series of dark caves and the deep ravine.

--

You all loot the bodies and take all that is valuable. They drow have some weapons and armor, but they must be stowed at night lest they spoil in the sunlight. You gather a substantial amount of coin and a few trinkets, but Leena (she is an elf after all) does some additional scouring in the tree and finds additional pockets. She climbs the tree to search again and again, each time, grabbing more and more. She climbs the entire tree, searching thoroughly.

Apparently the elves also used this tree to hide their wealth, as an array of coin, gem, object of art, and even a few magical items are uncovered. It might have been done for it to be found later by other elves, or at least to keep them from the drow. You all take some time to go over and identify the loot. There are a very nice pair of boots that were neatly stowed, a spellbook that likely was kept hidden by an overprotective wizard, a peculiar deck of cards, a set of 2 lion figurines, and an odd-looking, pale green stone.

--

CP: 1549
SP: 24,564
GP: 478
PP: 385

12 50-GP gems
7 25-GP art objects
3 250-GP rt objects

Boots of Striding and Springing: gain a walking speed of 30, no speed reduction if wearing heavy armor, can jump 3 times the normal distance
Figurine of Wondrous Power (Golden Lions): summons up to 2 lions for up to 1 hour (under complete control); can be reused after 7 days
Spell Book: Detect Magic, Identify, Shield, Sleep, Melf's Acid Arrow, Scorching Ray, Web, Counterspell, Slow
Deck of Illusions: 29 cards; draw a card at random and toss it to create an illusion of it you can control
Pale Green Ioun Stone (mastery): gain +1 to your proficiency bonus

--

As Leena is kind of an NPC, she will have lowest priority, though she seems to favor the Figurines or the Ioun Stone. I am sure Dr. Nimm has his eye on the spellbook, but you guys can discuss and figure out who gets what (the boots would actually help Nimm a good deal too).

Split 4 ways (remember that Xavier is using a Vow of Poverty variant that I developed, so he needs to donate his share), you should all have:

387 CP (Leena takes 388 to even the split)
6,141 SP
119 GP (Leena takes 120)
96 PP (Leena takes 97)
3 50-GP Gems
0 25-GP art objects (Leena takes these instead of a 250-gp art object)
1 250-GP art object (Leena takes none since she took the treasure)

Total GP Value: 8,324.89
GP gained each: 2,081.22 (est.)

Any objections here? If not, great. Xavier, what do you do with your share? What do you all do next?

Ill take the deck of illusions or we could share it.

I take it Leena is an elf and the legendary ioun Stone is well known and precious to them? If that's the case I'd love for her to have it.

I take a share of the money as well and follow 50ft behind Nimm... and Leena I guess?

Btw am I rocking the C.R.U.D now by the way? I'd love to try it out.

DM7581
2015-10-07, 11:26 AM
You all head out to the large tree. You are warned that wild elves used to live there until the dark elves came. It is said that no wild elves remain. You also get the sense that forcing the halflings into slavery is a bad fate, but at least they are kept alive. Anyway.

Onward!

Leena leads with Reli, Dr. Nimm not far behind. I take it that Arcivus and Xavier follow at a safe enough distance of 50 feet or so, but keeping within visual distance.

Not sure about everyone else, but I picture Nimm, with his mutagen, in a feral state, slightly snarling and sniffing as he trots aside Leena. Slobber is optional.

The terrain looks to have been once a lush forest, with only a few rare blades of grass left behind. The land lions blighted and desecrated. Stubs and tree trunks pepper the area. The softly lit moon illuminates the land whilst a soft cool breeze provides the occasional chill.

About an hour passes and then Leena stops and kneels. She calls everyone else over.

Leena: There was a hunting or scouting party that passed through here. And these... (Gesturing to much larger, reptilian footprints)

Dragons?

Leena: No, these aren't dragon tracks. None of them all. This isn't right... I'm sure we'll find out what soon enough... These are fresh they aren't far from us.

Just then, you look up to see what looks like an immense tree off in the distance. It is dry and devoid of trees, as if just barely alive, but still immense in size.

Any plan of action?

Mutagen lasts up to an hour and that is more or less what passed here. I'll say it is expired. You need another hour (short rest) in order to regain a use. 3 hours left on everything else.

DM7581
2015-10-07, 11:28 AM
Ill take the deck of illusions or we could share it.

I take it Leena is an elf and the legendary ioun Stone is well known and precious to them? If that's the case I'd love for her to have it.

I take a share of the money as well and follow 50ft behind Nimm... and Leena I guess?

Btw am I rocking the C.R.U.D now by the way? I'd love to try it out.

CRUD does require attunement by the way. You can do this during a short rest.

Ketiara
2015-10-07, 12:21 PM
CRUD does require attunement by the way. You can do this during a short rest.

Its alright, then id rather keep the items I'm currently attuned to.

Ketiara
2015-10-07, 03:43 PM
All that the halflings can add is that this tree was once the center of a great elven village. Since the drow have ran them extinct in this area, they have blighted the surrounding vegetation as well. The tree is just barely alive, which gives the halflings hope, as it is said that this very tree is what gives life to the region.

What do you all do next?

Arcivus stands next to a very worried looking Leena, gazing at the suffering tree.

Leena, do you know of any way to help rescue this tree? I saddens me tremendously to see such majestic life about to die! And if the Halflings is correct then it will completely destroy this area if it dies!

Arcivus looks towards Nimm already on his way

I see that our little friend is in a hurry, I reckon he is eager to get rid of this drow invasion. Perhaps it will survive if we just manage to remove the Drow threat

And with a gracious gesture.

Shall we?

And with a shout to Nimm

Hay wait up, which location are you heading to?

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-07, 04:15 PM
Arcivus stands next to a very worried looking Leena, gazing at the suffering tree.

Leena, do you know of any way to help rescue this tree? I saddens me tremendously to see such majestic life about to die! And if the Halflings is correct then it will completely destroy this area if it dies!

Arcivus looks towards Nimm already on his way

I see that our little friend is in a hurry, I reckon he is eager to get rid of this drow invasion. Perhaps it will survive if we just manage to remove the Drow threat

And with a gracious gesture.

Shall we?

And with a shout to Nimm

Hay wait up, which location are you heading to?

Archie, remember why were here. The tree is unfortunate but we have other goals.

Ketiara
2015-10-07, 05:13 PM
Archie, remember why were here. The tree is unfortunate but we have other goals.

Arcivus is well aware but its hard for him so witness suffering and despair without doing everything he can.

And he know this is just a symptom of a greater problem... And that they are trying to solve the greater problem... He just forget sometimes when he see people suffer, he needs reminding sometimes.

DM7581
2015-10-07, 05:23 PM
Getting a little stale here. Need to recap a bit.

Dr. Nimm will regain use of Mutagen with a short or long rest. Are you guys resting? Remember that a short rest will shorten the duration on your other effects as well.

What is the final magic item divvy? Who takes Xavier's share? And, Nimm, don't act like you don't need the GP for your airship. That is an extravagant endeavor. Get that money.

To answer Arcivus:

Leena: Indeed. These drow will pay (you see a glint of tearing in her eyes). I will avenge my elven brothers and sisters!

Also, haven't heard from Xavier in a while. Post up!

Xavier Alexis
2015-10-07, 07:44 PM
What is the final magic item divvy? Who takes Xavier's share?

"I have no use for wealth. Arcivus, I would like to donate my share to where you best believe it will serve the will of your deity."

Leena: Indeed. These drow will pay (you see a glint of tearing in her eyes). I will avenge my elven brothers and sisters!

"I am with you Leena."

DM7581
2015-10-07, 07:53 PM
"I have no use for wealth. Arcivus, I would like to donate my share to where you best believe it will serve the will of your deity."

"I am with you Leena."

I figured the funds might go to Dr. Nimm's help me build an airship foundation.

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-07, 08:11 PM
I figured the funds might go to Dr. Nimm's help me build an airship foundation.

Agreed, although Dr. Nimm bears no ill will to.whomever.chooses otherwise with their share.

DM7581
2015-10-07, 09:10 PM
I take it no rest, but I am yet to hear where you are headed next. Which outpost, caves or ravine?

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-07, 11:03 PM
Someone else decide. Nimm is fatigued.

Ketiara
2015-10-07, 11:15 PM
Someone else decide. Nimm is fatigued.

I'll take the figureen as well. And all but a little pocket money goes to Nimms ship

"Xavier, I believe we serve out faith and the world best by saving it, and to do that beat we could use that airship, so a donation toward the airship is like a donation to my faith"

"We go to the caves, it could be the entrance to their underground dwelling"

DM7581
2015-10-08, 11:38 AM
Let me know what is kept and what goes to the airship. I want to keep an accurate count of wealth

--

So you all head out to the series of caves. Remember the locales:

The three locations are described as follows:

A huge tree, that once looked like a masterful centerpiece of a grand, ancient forest far to the north. There are few trees in the area, and this is one of the last.

A series of dark caves off to the west. It is here that most of the dragon spotting has occurred as well.

A deep ravine or canyon-like area down to the south east. Beyond this area lies the ocean.

You are more likely to face dragons going this route. Now it takes about 2-3 hours to get there on foot. You can Teleport to save time (you did see the location on the map shared by Elder Cortran. What'll it be?

Ketiara
2015-10-08, 12:59 PM
Let me know what is kept and what goes to the airship. I want to keep an accurate count of wealth

--

Ill tage 750gp for myself (leaving me at a total of 1000gp, pocket money) and that leaves 1330gp towards the airship.

I actually toss the golden lion figurines to Nimm...

You never know when a pair of lions will come in handy, otherwise im sure you could study them and how they work.

So you all head out to the series of caves. Remember the locales:

You are more likely to face dragons going this route. Now it takes about 2-3 hours to get there on foot. You can Teleport to save time (you did see the location on the map shared by Elder Cortran. What'll it be?

Arcivus looks to his friends

Nimm or Xavier, do you guys think we could teleport there? I just remember that this is where the dragons are residing according to Cortran, we still move this way right? Or do you guys feel like the ravine?

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-08, 01:04 PM
Lions for Leena.

I give everything I have towards the airship, and only keep 500 g total in my pocket.

How long.does.it take to swap spells? Long rest?

Ketiara
2015-10-08, 01:20 PM
Lions for Leena.

I give everything I have towards the airship, and only keep 500 g total in my pocket.

How long.does.it take to swap spells? Long rest?

with cleric, wizard, paladin and hunter it takes a long rest, I would reckon its the same with Nimm

Xavier Alexis
2015-10-08, 04:12 PM
"Xavier, I believe we serve out faith and the world best by saving it, and to do that beat we could use that airship, so a donation toward the airship is like a donation to my faith"

"Then, it is settled. Henceforth, I would like to donate my share of any treasure we find to the development of Dr. Nimm's airship."

DM7581
2015-10-08, 04:23 PM
Keeping 500 GP a piece for Dr. Nimm and Arcivus, you all put the remainder of the gold to the pot. I have you pegged at 5243.66 GP. I'll book keep the cost of the airship.

--

Are we walking to the caves or Teleporting?

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-08, 05:14 PM
Keeping 500 GP a piece for Dr. Nimm and Arcivus, you all put the remainder of the gold to the pot. I have you pegged at 5243.66 GP. I'll book keep the cost of the airship.

--

Are we walking to the caves or Teleporting?

Remember the.1000 pp I gave back at teleroths

I say teleport.

Archie, the airship will have a Little chapel to Hieroneous (and Pelor in case Fidel returns), so that you may exercise your faith anywhere you go.

Dm: instead of a catamaran style shape, the airship will look more like a Manta ray, but keeping thr same configuration (with the etherium mesh wings still able to move and a wide angle wraparound view cockpit on the spine).

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/f5/68/4d/f5684d5967f1345696cc0e4290d59b54.jpg

Ketiara
2015-10-09, 12:29 AM
Remember the.1000 pp I gave back at teleroths

I say teleport.

Archie, the airship will have a Little chapel to Hieroneous (and Pelor in case Fidel returns), so that you may exercise your faith anywhere you go.

Dm: instead of a catamaran style shape, the airship will look more like a Manta ray, but keeping thr same configuration (with the etherium mesh wings still able to move and a wide angle wraparound view cockpit on the spine).

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/f5/68/4d/f5684d5967f1345696cc0e4290d59b54.jpg

Arcivus looks at the C.R.U.D, it is a beautiful contrapment, but he just cant let go of his entrusted cloak.

"nimm its a good idea with the shrines on the airship! It's a nice touch, I appreciate it"

"Xavier did you examine the map close enough to teleport my friend?"

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-09, 06:32 AM
Remember the crud has nothing to do with the cloak. You should be able to use both if I'm not mistaken. Just hold on to it an.attune.when.you get a chance

Ketiara
2015-10-09, 06:38 AM
Remember the crud has nothing to do with the cloak. You should be able to use both if I'm not mistaken. Just hold on to it an.attune.when.you get a chance

I have 3 (max) attuned items already, and come to think of it its not a cloak of protection but a ring. Not that it matters.

Ketiara
2015-10-09, 04:52 PM
Arcivus looks at the C.R.U.D, it is a beautiful contrapment, but he just cant let go of his entrusted cloak.

"nimm its a good idea with the shrines on the airship! It's a nice touch, I appreciate it"

"Xavier did you examine the map close enough to teleport my friend?"

Xavier looks deep in thought, and hardly notices Arcivus.

Knowing Xavier never ignores anything unless he is doing very important stuff, Arcivus decides to start trekking the countryside toward the caves. Knowing Xavier will follow even if in a meditative state.

Arcivus looks at Nimm

Nimm my friend, if you remembered to bring your B.E.D (Backpack of extraordinarily good dreams). I can strap it on my back allowing you to rest while we travel on foot.

(Im sure Nimm has invented such a device long ago, but hasnt used it for ages due to teleport and other travel devices - who knows if he has remembered it) besides, Im not sure I remember exactly what the B.E.D stands for, but Nimm will remind me for sure, if im wrong.

DM7581
2015-10-09, 05:44 PM
So who is going to cast (manifest) Teleport?

Well, a few minutes pass as you are all deciding what to do next. Leena has taken a seat with Reli and is snacking on some dried meats. The halflings have gone off and you've divvied up the treasure. About 5-10 minutes pass as you decide what magic items to use, who is getting how much treasure, how much is going to the airship, etc.

As you are deciding on your next step, Leena jumps up and grasps her bow abruptly.

Leena: Drow!

--

Surprise Round:

Drow Leader (24): riding an allosaurus
Leena (14)
Drow Mage (13): riding an allosaurus
Drow (11): about 5-6
Xavier (6)
Dr. Nimm (6)
Arcivus (3)

--

The surprise round mean no actions or reactions can be taken b the surprised. Everyone in the group is surprised except Leena (passive perception checks against the drow's stealth). You find yourselves surrounded at the base of the large tree. Each drow is revealed to be about 30 feet away, just within visual sight due to the moonlit night.

-------------------------------TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT---------------------
---------------------------------TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT------------------------
------------------------------------L--------N-----X-------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------A-----------------------------------------------------

The Leader acts first. He darts from the darkness on the allosaurus, targeting Arcivus. The allosaurus pounces, lunging at Arcivus with its claw. The creature misses, but then the leader follows up with a flurry of sword swipes. One lands true, inflicting 7 piercing and 11 poison damage.

Leena goes next.

Leena: We need to take out their wizard!

At that, she fires 2 arrows at the mage and uses a Bonus Action to command Reli, in Elvish to assist (Help action) Arcivus. Reli flanks the allosaur, snarling and snapping at it. This will give Arcivus advantage on his next attack to the dinosaur or the drow.

6+14=20, a hit! for 11 damage, prompting the mage to put up a Shield spell, but it does no good as the arrow penetrates the magic.
1, a miss!

Leena seems overly frustrated with her attacks.

The mage surprisingly has the allosaur charge Leena, but it misses. He then follows up with a Lightning Bolt spell, catching the entirety of the group except Reli and Arcivus. The spell inflicts 27 damage. Dr. Nimm fails his save, but everyone else succeeds (even Mr. Benson). The drow follow up with a volley of crossbow bolts. Nimm and Xavier get struck one a piece for 3 and 5 damage.

-------------------------------TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT---------------------
---------------------------------TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT------------------------
-----------------D---------------DD--L--------N-----X-------------------------------------------
----------------------D-------------------A-----------------------------------------------------
--------------D------------------------R--DD-----------------------D--------------D--------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------D---------------------

Round 1... The leader goes again, focusing on Arcivus. His blows miss this time as does the allosaurs. Leena drops her bow and draws her scimitar and shield, swinging at the mage. The Shield spell goes up again, but to no avail. She repositions herself around the mage to not be lined up again for another Lightning Bolt.

19+14=33, a hit! for 14 damage
14+14=28, a hit! for 14 damage

She then uses a bonus action to commands Reli to continue to Help Arcivus.

Two ducks in a row are better than none. The mage unleashes another Lightning Bolt, this time, only Nimm, Mr. Benson, and Xavier are struck, this time for 42 damage. Dr. Nimm fails again (sorry, rolling crappy for you), but everyone else succeeds. The allosaur continues to assault Leena, but she deflects its massive bite with her shield.

Finally, the drow reload and unleash another round of bolts. One is deflected by Leena's shield, but Nimm and Xavier are struck once again, this time twice each for 10 and 16 damage. At this point Xavier would be able to put up Shield, but the attacks penetrate regardless (don't expend the points, I rolled an 18 and 20, which you can "see" before deciding to use the spell).

Round 1. Xavier, Nimm go!

-----------------D---------------DD-----------N--B--X-------------------------------------------
----------------------D----------L--------A-----------------------------------------------------
--------------D------------------------R--DD-----------------------D--------------D--------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------D---------------------

Arcivus: HP: 211/229; AC: 22 (Aid, Death Ward)
Dr. Nimm: HP: 91/208 AC: 16 (Aid, Contingency: Freedom of Movement, Death Ward)
Mr. Benson: HP: 46/80 AC: 18
Leena HP: 131/144 AC: 24
Reli: HP: 80/80 AC: 23
Xavier: HP: 108/187 AC: 17 (Aid, Psionic Flight)

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-09, 05:53 PM
I take.cover up to 60 feet away (behind a tree, rock, gull . Etc) by moving 30 feet, use bonus action to misty step, then behind cover cast Heal.

Xavier Alexis
2015-10-09, 08:41 PM
"You will pay dearly for your treachery Drow!"

As my action, I activate Psionic Attack Mode: Psychic Crush, targeting the Drow leader.

Psychic Damage: 14.

Also requires a DC 20 Intelligence Save. On a failed save, the Drow leader's Intelligence and Charisma scores become 1.

As my bonus action, I manifest Mass Healing Word at 5th Level, restoring 6+6 = 12 HP to myself and all allies within 60 feet of me.

As my reaction, I manifest Counterspell at 5th Level if one of our enemies cast a spell.

DM7581
2015-10-10, 12:03 AM
Be sure to look at the layout full screen. It's hard to make out if viewed on a mobile device.

DM7581
2015-10-10, 12:04 AM
Arcivus, on you!

Ketiara
2015-10-10, 01:35 AM
Arcivus, on you!

First of all, if its possible for me to move in striking distance of the mage without taking OA from the leader Ill move to that spot (I cant figure out how far Im away).

If I manage to get to a spot (without taking OA) in melee range of the mage, ill do that.

If not ill move toward the mage but still in the leader and allosaurus' melee range.

But either way ill start by attacking the leader because I have advantage and ill attack with GWF
1: 15/7 + 15-5 = 25 ; (2d6)10 + 19 + (1d8)5 = 34
2: 10 + 15-5 = 20 ; (2d6)7 + 19 + (1d8)8 = 34

Cleave: 5 + 15-5 = 15 ; (2d6)8 + 19 + (1d8)3 = 30

OA: 9 + 15-5 = 19 ; (2d6)6 + 19 + (1d8)7 = 32

DM7581
2015-10-10, 08:30 AM
I take.cover up to 60 feet away (behind a tree, rock, gull . Etc) by moving 30 feet, use bonus action to misty step, then behind cover cast Heal.

You can only cast a Cantrip if you use Misty Step, but nothing is preventing a normal move. What about Mr. Benson?

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-10, 01:37 PM
I thought misty was a bonus.

I move into cover if I can then cast heal. Otherwise maybe I can take.cover behind.mr.Benson. can he.use the help action? If.not, I have him attack the mage

Ketiara
2015-10-10, 02:09 PM
I thought misty was a bonus.

I move into cover if I can then cast heal. Otherwise maybe I can take.cover behind.mr.Benson. can he.use the help action? If.not, I have him attack the mage

Misty is a bonus, BUT, if you use a spell as bonus you can only use your action to cast spalls you can only casr cantrips

DM7581
2015-10-10, 07:26 PM
A nice round of healing. Dr. Nimm can take cover under some of the massive nearby root undergrowth. You have to be squat (prone) for it, but it will grant a bonus for defense. Mr. Benson closes in on the mage and swings at him twice.

19+13=32, a hit! for 22 damage
10+13=26, a hit! for 19 damage

Even the mage's Shield spell fails to deflect the attacks. This drops the mage, who falls prone to the side of the allosaur.

The psionic blast does a good amount of mental damage to the leader and he seems drowsy and confused after the blast. Arcivus then follows up with 2 swings. The first one connects, but the drow parries the second blow, leaving him alive, but severely wounded.

The drow leader continues to swing at Arcivus, the allosaur striking as well. All strikes miss and the leader looks confused and panicked. He looks to the drow and mumbles something unintelligible. The drow look to one another in confusion. The leader then rears a bit on the allosaur, which starts to retreat. This provokes opportunity attacks from both Reli and Arcivus.

Arcivus OA finishes off the drow. He then cleaves into the allosaur with his extra attack. The creature snarls in pain, but otherwise still stands.

Leena: Do not kill the creature! Only subdue it. I am sure it is being controlled by these drow against its will!

Reli's OA is used up in him mauling the fallen body of the drow leader.

Leena is next. She continues to strike at the allosaur and commands Reli to take the Dodge action (in Elvish of course).

17+14=31, a hit! for 11 damage
18+14=32, a hit! for 11 damage

The allosaur is next and snaps again at Leena, but she is very nimble, and paired with a shield, very hard to catch.

The remaining drow take another shot of bolts at you all. Leena is struck twice for a total of 9 damage, and just barely shakes off the drow poison as she is seen staggered and unbalanced for a split second. She shakes it off and gives the drow a fierce glare.

At that, they use their move to retreat 30 feet into the darkness and mostly out of sight.

Xavier and Nimm, you go! Arcivus can go to when they are done.

Both Mr. Benson and Reli are incapable of understanding how to subdue (rather than kill) an opponent, so be careful with your next attacks if you want to keep the dinos alive. You can only subdue with a melee attack.

--

Initiative:

Allosaurus (21)
Leena (14)
Allosaurus (12)
Xavier (6)
Dr. Nimm (6)
Arcivus (3)

I shortened the map a bit (should read better on mobile devices).

-TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT-
---TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT---
---DD-B---------N-----X--------------------
---L--------A--------------------------------
----------R-DD------------------------------

Arcivus: HP: 223/229; AC: 22 (Aid, Death Ward)
Dr. Nimm: HP: 173/208 AC: 16 (Aid, Contingency: Freedom of Movement, Death Ward)
Mr. Benson: HP: 58/80 AC: 18
Leena HP: 136/144 AC: 24
Xavier: HP: 120/187 AC: 17 (Aid, Psionic Flight)

DM7581
2015-10-10, 07:38 PM
Dr. Nimm, you previously casted Aid at 6th level and had Contingency going. Those are both of your 6th level slots for the day. What level slot did you want to use for Heal? It could be a 7th, 8th, or 9th level slot.

C (U/U): Blade Ward, Mage Hand, Acid Splash, Mending
1 (4/4): Cure Wounds*, Chromatic Orb*, Feather Fall, Sleep
2 (3/3): Aid*, Blur, Lesser Restoration*, Misty Step*, Mirror Image*, Ray of Enfeeblement, Alter Self
3 (3/3): Dispel Magic*, Hypnotic Pattern, Fly*, Fireball, Tongues
4 (2/3): Death Ward*, Freedom of Movement*, Aura of Purity*, Fabricate*, Fire Shield*
5 (3/3): Contagion*, Greater Restoration*, Mass Cure Wounds*, Wall of Stone*, Raise Dead*
6 (0/2): Chain Lightning*, Contingency* (Freedom of Movement), Disintegrate*, Heal*, True Sight*
7 (2/2): Finger of Death, Forcecage*, Resurrection, Regeneration
8 (1/1): Clone, Incendiary Cloud, Mind Blank
9 (1/1): Mass Heal*, Meteor Swarm*, Time Stop*
*Prepared (27)

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-10, 07:54 PM
After I see Mr Benson drop that drow I say:

"Ha! I wish Guardian would have seen that... Turning his metal nose up at Mr. Benson, all snooty. Just who does he think he is? Arrogant glorified golem, is what he is. Psh."

In use a Lv 7 slot.

Then attack the weakest allosaur w my WARS, opting to incapacitate. Rolled a 15 to hit, I have +7 I think, that's 22. Rolled a 1 in dmg which I think makes.it 7 total.

I have Mr Benson use the help.action for me if he can, otherwise disengage

Xavier Alexis
2015-10-10, 11:11 PM
As my bonus action, I manifest Mass Healing Word at 5th Level, restoring 8+6 = 14 HP to myself and all allies within 60 feet of me.

As my action, I take the Dash action to fly 60 feet into the air. I then look to see if there are any other enemies within sight.

Ketiara
2015-10-11, 07:11 AM
As my bonus action, I manifest Mass Healing Word at 5th Level, restoring 8+6 = 14 HP to myself and all allies within 60 feet of me.

As my action, I take the Dash action to fly 60 feet into the air. I then look to see if there are any other enemies within sight.

I attack the allusaurus attempting to subdue.

1: 7+15-5 = 17 ; (2d6)6 +19 +(1d8)7 = 32
2: 12 + 15-5 =22 ; (2d6)7 +19 + (1d8)5 =31

EDIT: and if thats the last one I check to see if the leader has anything of value on him, also if he have any papers, maps and other stuff.

I ask Nimm to check the Mage.

DM7581
2015-10-12, 10:09 AM
Arcivus is able to take down the first allosaur and then moves into position and takes down the second. Leena looks at you, a bit impressed.

Leena: Well, then. Good work. We should just leave them. Hopefully when they awaken, they will run off back into this... godforsaken wilderness.

You loot the bodies and find the following:

SP: 217
GP: 200

Also to Arcivus' glee, there is a map of sorts. It has some scribbles on it, likely written in Undercommon. The 3 locations are detailed on the map, paired with notes here and there. There are also a couple of other "x" marks placed here and there, also with additional notes. Comprehend Languages, or anyone with the Linguist Feat (there you go, Nimm) can decipher this.

Leena: We should move quickly before more scouts arrive.

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-12, 11:26 AM
While we walk I decipher it

Ketiara
2015-10-12, 11:33 AM
Arcivus is able to take down the first allosaur and then moves into position and takes down the second. Leena looks at you, a bit impressed.

Leena: Well, then. Good work. We should just leave them. Hopefully when they awaken, they will run off back into this... godforsaken wilderness.

You loot the bodies and find the following:

SP: 217
GP: 200

Also to Arcivus' glee, there is a map of sorts. It has some scribbles on it, likely written in Undercommon. The 3 locations are detailed on the map, paired with notes here and there. There are also a couple of other "x" marks placed here and there, also with additional notes. Comprehend Languages, or anyone with the Linguist Feat (there you go, Nimm) can decipher this.

Leena: We should move quickly before more scouts arrive.

I hand over the map to Nimm.
"Perhaps you can make something of this"

then i look to xavier

"If you can teleport please do. But until then we walk, and we need to make haste before more patrols reach us. Leena can you fly by any means?"

Xavier Alexis
2015-10-12, 01:54 PM
I hand over the map to Nimm.
"Perhaps you can make something of this"

then i look to xavier

"If you can teleport please do. But until then we walk, and we need to make haste before more patrols reach us. Leena can you fly by any means?"

"Of course, let me take a look at the map."

After studying the map enough to feel confident, I manifest Teleport, bringing us where we need to go.

DM7581
2015-10-12, 02:04 PM
Dr. Nimm and Xavier peer over the map, with Leena looking over their shoulder. Arcivus cleans his blade and awaits, keeping an eye out, as to not get ambushed again.

Dr. Nimm, the 3 dark elf locations are clearly marked as per the halfling elder. These were all elven (not drow) settlements, which were apparently sacked and taken over by the drow. The other markings are possible halfling village locations that have been checked or need to be investigated. Their current locale is not marked, but it is visible on the map. The drow just haven't considered that area.

The cave area is marked with strange symbols that indicate warning and caution.

The map is rough nd hand drawn, so Xavier tries his best to decipher the location. Leena helps in describing a better estimate of the area based on what she remembers from Cortran's more complete and accurate map.

To the hillside caves then, or the ravine?

Ketiara
2015-10-12, 05:03 PM
Dr. Nimm and Xavier peer over the map, with Leena looking over their shoulder. Arcivus cleans his blade and awaits, keeping an eye out, as to not get ambushed again.

Dr. Nimm, the 3 dark elf locations are clearly marked as per the halfling elder. These were all elven (not drow) settlements, which were apparently sacked and taken over by the drow. The other markings are possible halfling village locations that have been checked or need to be investigated. Their current locale is not marked, but it is visible on the map. The drow just haven't considered that area.

The cave area is marked with strange symbols that indicate warning and caution.

The map is rough nd hand drawn, so Xavier tries his best to decipher the location. Leena helps in describing a better estimate of the area based on what she remembers from Cortran's more complete and accurate map.

To the hillside caves then, or the ravine?

While standing guard Arcivus ponders the situation.
ive been thinking, isnt caves normally dragon territory? Perhaps we should go to the ravine, if the sword is in the hands of something els than a dragon.

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-12, 05:21 PM
Let's try the ravine. The caves seem dangerous and I prefer to do that when we are fresher.

Ketiara
2015-10-12, 05:26 PM
Let's try the ravine. The caves seem dangerous and I prefer to do that when we are fresher.

Arcivus sheaths his cleaned and oiled sword and moves toward Xavier

It is agreed then!

Hands everyone...

Xavier will you teleport us to the ravine please!

Xavier Alexis
2015-10-12, 09:01 PM
Arcivus sheaths his cleaned and oiled sword and moves toward Xavier

It is agreed then!

Hands everyone...

Xavier will you teleport us to the ravine please!

"Yes."

I manifest Teleport and transport us to the ravine.

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-13, 09:36 AM
Dr. Nimm vomits.

"Sorry. Teleporting always messed with my stomach. Maybe it was my breakfast of whiskey and raw egg. Onward!"

DM7581
2015-10-13, 05:18 PM
Xavier manifests Teleport and targets an area just outside of the ravine. No mishap and you seem to all arrive on target.

You look around and see that this is quite a narrow passage, but it is also very steep. The ridges reach hundreds of feet high from the base level. It is a bit more breezy here, as you are much closer to the ocean, even smelling a bit of salt in the ocean water. You can hear the soft crash of waves echoing out in the distance. According to Cortran, the drow have been spotted within the ravine, but there may be scouts here and there.

Where do you start? Go high, go low?

Arcivus: HP: 204/204*; AC: 22 (Death Ward)
Dr. Nimm: HP: 187/208* AC: 16 (Contingency: Freedom of Movement, Death Ward)
Leena HP: 144/144 AC: 24
Xavier: HP: 134/162* AC: 17 (Psionic Flight)
*Aid has expired due to damage

Ketiara
2015-10-13, 05:26 PM
Xavier manifests Teleport and targets an area just outside of the ravine. No mishap and you seem to all arrive on target.

You look around and see that this is quite a narrow passage, but it is also very steep. The ridges reach hundreds of feet high from the base level. It is a bit more breezy here, as you are much closer to the ocean, even smelling a bit of salt in the ocean water. You can hear the soft crash of waves echoing out in the distance. According to Cortran, the drow have been spotted within the ravine, but there may be scouts here and there.

Where do you start? Go high, go low?

Arcivus: HP: 204/204*; AC: 22 (Death Ward)
Dr. Nimm: HP: 187/208* AC: 16 (Contingency: Freedom of Movement, Death Ward)
Leena HP: 144/144 AC: 24
Xavier: HP: 134/162* AC: 17 (Psionic Flight)
*Aid has expired due to damage

Okey all I would hate to be surpriced and overwhelmed by attacks from above! I suggest we all take to the air! Leena let me know if you need a lift.

And with that Arcivus takes off stopping at 5ft reaching his hand down to leena.

Im sure you can balance on my shoulders without any of my aid, while im flying. Otherwise Ill attach this rope.

And then we take to the air, trying get an overview of the area, while spotting enemies

DM7581
2015-10-13, 06:29 PM
Okey all I would hate to be surpriced and overwhelmed by attacks from above! I suggest we all take to the air! Leena let me know if you need a lift.

And with that Arcivus takes off stopping at 5ft reaching his hand down to leena.

Im sure you can balance on my shoulders without any of my aid, while im flying. Otherwise Ill attach this rope.

And then we take to the air, trying get an overview of the area, while spotting enemies

Leena looks at you with an eyebrow raised. It could confusion or condescension. You're not to sure.

Leena: And what of Reli? Nimm's... His... (pointing at Mr. Benson) that? Are we all to climb upon your shoulders? Dangle from a rope? I don't think so. I'd be perfectly fine scouting this one foot, but most of you are likely to draw unnecessary attention. Any better ideas?

She's quite harsh, but she does have good intentions.

Ketiara
2015-10-13, 06:43 PM
Leena looks at you with an eyebrow raised. It could confusion or condescension. You're not to sure.

Leena: And what of Reli? Nimm's... His... (pointing at Mr. Benson) that? Are we all to climb upon your shoulders? Dangle from a rope? I don't think so. I'd be perfectly fine scouting this one foot, but most of you are likely to draw unnecessary attention. Any better ideas?

She's quite harsh, but she does have good intentions.

Arcivus face reddens realizing his fail to read the situation, and how it might look. (like a man attempting to have a beautiful woman cling on to him).

Being corrected like that takes him back to his training days, but also reminds him to remain humble in situations like these.

Im sorry, it was a failure in my evaluation of the situation. I hope you dont think less of me. Could you scout ahead, with Nimm if he can be stealthy, like before and warn us of dangers.

One change from previous plans though. If you spot anything, either draw it back to us, or stealth back to us so we can attack together, or wait in hiding for us to get there before you attack.

Arcivus looks around expecting everyone to accept the plan.

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-13, 07:19 PM
Arcivus face reddens realizing his fail to read the situation, and how it might look. (like a man attempting to have a beautiful woman cling on to him).

Being corrected like that takes him back to his training days, but also reminds him to remain humble in situations like these.

Im sorry, it was a failure in my evaluation of the situation. I hope you dont think less of me. Could you scout ahead, with Nimm if he can be stealthy, like before and warn us of dangers.

One change from previous plans though. If you spot anything, either draw it back to us, or stealth back to us so we can attack together, or wait in hiding for us to get there before you attack.

Arcivus looks around expecting everyone to accept the plan.

Sounds like a plan, however, I'm out Of.mutagen and wouldn't be as effective at scouting. Ill hang back.this.time

DM7581
2015-10-13, 10:18 PM
So you all head out closer to the ravine. Leena scouts out about 100-200 feet ahead. There are times when you think you've lost her, only for her to circle back around and spring out of the shadows.

Leena: You guys getting sleepy? Ha, ha! Try to keep up.

You are all being extra cautious not to stumble across another camp or be snuck up on again.

About an hour or so in, In following Leena, you finally catch up to her. You see her kneeling, perched behind some rocks along the ravine.

Leena: This is it. I think this is their main camp. I took a few laps around. There has got to be a few hundred drow here. There are also some giants and trolls sleeping in some of the caves, but I couldn't get a good count. Many halflings too. They are jailed and look to be asleep. The drow are up and about, eating, and doing whatever it is these vile things do. What's the plan, fellas?

Xavier Alexis
2015-10-13, 11:09 PM
So you all head out closer to the ravine. Leena scouts out about 100-200 feet ahead. There are times when you think you've lost her, only for her to circle back around and spring out of the shadows.

Leena: You guys getting sleepy? Ha, ha! Try to keep up.

You are all being extra cautious not to stumble across another camp or be snuck up on again.

About an hour or so in, In following Leena, you finally catch up to her. You see her kneeling, perched behind some rocks along the ravine.

Leena: This is it. I think this is their main camp. I took a few laps around. There has got to be a few hundred drow here. There are also some giants and trolls sleeping in some of the caves, but I couldn't get a good count. Many halflings too. They are jailed and look to be asleep. The drow are up and about, eating, and doing whatever it is these vile things do. What's the plan, fellas?

"Before going any further, I suggest we rest to ensure we are all at full strength. I can manifest Wish to duplicate Mordenkainen’s Magnificent Mansion. Who is with me?"

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-14, 03:47 AM
"Before going any further, I suggest we rest to ensure we are all at full strength. I can manifest Wish to duplicate Mordenkainen’s Magnificent Mansion. Who is with me?"

Most impressive. Count me in!

Ketiara
2015-10-14, 05:47 AM

Thats a good idea, I use my LoH pool to get everyone up to max hitpoints before falling asleep.

DM7581
2015-10-14, 10:48 AM
Leena: Yes, these drow are much more active during the night. We can get the jump on them during the day and not have to take down the whole camp.

So I take it Xavier manifests Magnificent Mansion. All the bells and whistles, as previously mentioned, are thoroughly enjoyed. Even Leena is surprised and pleased, eating as if she has been starved half her life. All rested up, I think we are looking good.

Day breaks and you all get started. It is approximately 8-9 AM. You are still in the mansion. What's your next move?

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-14, 11:34 AM
Leena: Yes, these drow are much more active during the night. We can get the jump on them during the day and not have to take down the whole camp.

So I take it Xavier manifests Magnificent Mansion. All the bells and whistles, as previously mentioned, are thoroughly enjoyed. Even Leena is surprised and pleased, eating as if she has been starved half her life. All rested up, I think we are looking good.

Day breaks and you all get started. It is approximately 8-9 AM. You are still in the mansion. What's your next move?

Not so fast!

I swap out my 9th level spells slots since I was under the impression.that.I.could use them.
I exchange.for:
Hypnotic pattern fireball and inciendary cloud

Ketiara
2015-10-14, 05:01 PM
Ill swap a spell or two aswell.

EDIT:

Effects:
Spell: - Aura: Courage, Protection. Personal: Purity of Spirit. Epic: Boon of Resilience
Spells prepared (25), Spellslots: 16 Spells used: 0
((D) = Devotion spells)
1 (4): Protection from Evil and Good (D), Sanctuary (D), Bless, Heroism, Shield of Faith, Wrathful Smite
2 (3): Lesser Restoration (D), Zone of Truth (D), Protection from poison, Branding Smite, Locate Object
4 (3): Freedom of Movement (D), Guardian of Faith (D), Death Ward, Staggering Smite, Locate Creature

Brought in protection from poison!

DM7581
2015-10-14, 09:37 PM
Spell swaps noted.

Leena exits the mansion and goes for a scout. You all pray, meditate, and study to get your spells in. As Leena is and elf and does not sleep, but rather trance for a mere 4 hours, she is well ahead of you guys.

Dr. Nimm also takes this time to repair and polish Mr. Benson. He has quite a few dings on him and that just won't due. Back to full health.

Leena meets up with you all outside when all the morning chores and routines are taken care of.

Leena: Well, better than last night, but there are still plenty of drow afoot. There are a bunch of trolls and ogres as well. They have the halflings out by the ocean. They are making them fish or something.

The steep walls of the ravine allow for the drow to dwell mostly out of direct sunlight, even during the day. This is something that you all may have not considered earlier, but it does seem a bit more quite.

What's the next move?

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-15, 09:30 AM
I propose a bold amphibious assault! I can create a boat with fabricate, and we can use it to enter or escape!

Opinions?

Ketiara
2015-10-15, 10:52 AM
I propose a bold amphibious assault! I can create a boat with fabricate, and we can use it to enter or escape!

"I love it!!" Arcivus says, but choose to cast death ward on himself just in case.

Xavier Alexis
2015-10-15, 04:18 PM

Opinions?

"I love it!!" Arcivus says, but choose to cast death ward on himself just in case.

"I am with you. I also do not see anything wrong with a good old fashioned threat. From what we know of Drow, will the threat of annihilation be enough to force them into line? Also, if anyone would like to understand and comminicate with them, I can temporarily grant you the ability."

I manifest Tongues on myself as well as any party members that want it before we engage the Drow.

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-15, 04:23 PM
If it won't.cost you more energy, ill take tongues.

I cast fabricate and make a boat, making sure to have steep.sides so that it provides cover. DO I roll craft or something?

DM7581
2015-10-15, 10:02 PM
If it won't.cost you more energy, ill take tongues.

I cast fabricate and make a boat, making sure to have steep.sides so that it provides cover. DO I roll craft or something?

You can fabricate a large raft that most everyone will fit on (what if Reli and Mr. Benson), but you will need some wood and all the trees in this area have been long dead.

Fabricate let's you make a large item (10x10) or a medium item (5x5) of worked minerals/materials (stone, etc.).

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-16, 07:58 AM
Hmmm... Well a dirt raft won't work. There goes my idea. However, my Gnomish mind has to make every plan unnecessarily elaborate.

"Aha! How about a two pronged attack? We split into two groups and approach from opposite directions! It will either work spectacularly or get us killed!"

Hmm.... Perhaps we can collapse parts of the ravines and cliffs on to the enemies.

Opinions? Xavier? Archie? Leena?

Dm: any more specific detail on the layout?

Ketiara
2015-10-16, 08:23 AM
Hmmm... Well a dirt raft won't work. There goes my idea. However, my Gnomish mind has to make every plan unnecessarily elaborate.

"Aha! How about a two pronged attack? We split into two groups and approach from opposite directions! It will either work spectacularly or get us killed!"

Hmm.... Perhaps we can collapse parts of the ravines and cliffs on to the enemies.

Opinions? Xavier? Archie? Leena?

Dm: any more specific detail on the layout?

Arcivus, standing in his own World. One eye closed and with two hands on his sword poking drow from afar"

"...what?"

(Joke)

"I say charge them after we have softened them with fireballs... Unless any of you can conjure up an earthquake, I think it's our best choice"

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-16, 01:17 PM
Dm, I scan.for.choke points where I can funnel the enemies as they come, as well as any other natural advantages (elevation, loose boulders, large dead logs, etc)

Xavier Alexis
2015-10-17, 03:42 PM
I attempt to recall anything about this area and the Drow which may be of use to us.

Arcana 7+12 = 19.

Religion 5+12 = 17.

Nature 3+12 = 15.

DM7581
2015-10-17, 04:06 PM
D. Nimm is clearly not satisfied with Leena's brief assessment of the area. She raises an eyebrow and then, in silence, walks over to some dirt and kneels down drawing a make ship map of the area.

Leena: Here is where we are. This is the ravine. It seems well populated with drow, with only a few scouts up and about. They don't favor sunlight, so this must be the night shift for them. Now... about 100-200 feet up, there were some spider webs (it was too dark to see them the night before at that distance). Possibly driders (she looks up at everyone)... if you don't know, they are cursed, half drow, half spider monstrosities. They typically keep spider pets as well, so we might want to avoid them if possible. I didn't see any out and about. There are cave openings everywhere. They seem to have colonized this entire area. Now (drawing on the east side of the ravine), there must be an opening through the mountain here, leading to the beach (about half a mile out to the water). Here is where the halflings are fishing, overseen by the trolls and ogres. They are likely hired by the drow to do their daytime dirty work. I counted about 10 ogres and maybe 4 or 5 trolls. There are about 50 or more halflings and they are all bound by rope and chain with one another and the ogres. Happy now?

The ravine floor is about 50 to 100 feet wide. The walls go up very high, over 1000 feet. There is very little room for the drow to live in the ravine, so they are likely active indoors for the most part.

What you know of Drow is that they are native to the Underdark and it is very odd for them to be living out so close to the surface. Very odd. Between the 3 locales, you would have guessed that the drow would "live" in or near the caves, with this being an outpost or camp at most. That the halflings are fishing is suspicious as well.

Plan of action?

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-17, 04:52 PM
"I have already formulated two possible strategies. I will need further asessment." Ie, need.to ask Dm questions.

1.The beach with the halflings; is the mountain cave the only access to the beach? Or can you come up from.shore?

2.Also, how big.is that cave entrance to the beach?

"Spider webs are very flammable. Leena, I will attach alchemical fire to your arrows, and you can.shoot the webs!"

DM7581
2015-10-17, 05:29 PM
The cave entrance is just the most direct route from a relatively central point of the drow settlement, opposite the mountain wall, to the beach. You can go around or even through the mountain and make your way down.

This cave entrance, in addition to many others are quite sizeable. This one is about 20 feet high and about the same length wide.

Leena: The driders and spiders don't seem to be active. Are you sure you want to grab their attention?

Leena tends to rely more on stealth than direct confrontation, but you call it.

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-17, 05:34 PM
I hand her a few fire arrows...just in case.

Here is my plan

We go up the beach, I cast wall of stone.and seal off the cave. We escort as.many halflings out as we can, while enemy reinforcements are temporarily blocked off. However, Ill need to be well protected in order to maintain concentration.

Opinions?

Xavier Alexis
2015-10-17, 09:52 PM

Here is my plan

We go up the beach, I cast wall of stone.and seal off the cave. We escort as.many halflings out as we can, while enemy reinforcements are temporarily blocked off. However, Ill need to be well protected in order to maintain concentration.

Opinions?

"I like it. I can enclose you in a Wall of Force to ensure you will remain undisturbed."

Ketiara
2015-10-18, 01:07 AM
"I like it. I can enclose you in a Wall of Force to ensure you will remain undisturbed."

"I'll guard you for as long as possible"

Arcivus cast locate object to try and locate the sword. And I also cast protection from poison, and ask if any need that protection as well.

Effects:
Spell:Death Ward, Protection from Poison - Aura: Courage, Protection. Personal: Purity of Spirit. Epic: Boon of Resilience
Spells prepared (25), Spellslots: 16 Spells used: 2
((D) = Devotion spells)
2 (2/3): Lesser Restoration (D), Zone of Truth (D), Protection from poison, Branding Smite, Locate Object

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-18, 08:57 AM
"Very well! Onward!"

I refresh Aid as a Lv 4 slot and death ward on myself.

DM7581
2015-10-19, 07:18 PM
It is broad daylight as you near the beach side. Leena was able to spot and asses the threat from afar, but whatever you all are planning may require closer contact. You settle at the lowest portion of the ledge leading into the beach that still provides cover. This puts you about 50 or so feet up, but still a good half mile from the water where the ogres and trolls are. It is pretty bright, so you do have a nice line of sight and can see the small figures in the distance going through their routine.

Because there is no cover, it would be very difficult, if not impossible, to successfully sneak up on any of them.

The beach is rocky, with moderate waves. It is otherwise a nice day, with a cool breeze and warm sun. You can smell the fresh salt water in the air and even hear some of the ogres and trolls goofing loudly with one another out in the distance.

I will grant you all surprise if you decide to engage, but you are all very far. What'll it be?

DM7581
2015-10-19, 07:21 PM

Here is my plan

Opinions?

And where did you get these fire arrows?

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-19, 07:34 PM
And where did you get these fire arrows?

Oh...maybe I.don't have them. I would attach alchemist.fire or a similar substance.to arrows.

Ketiara
2015-10-20, 01:26 PM
Did the locate object do anything?

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-20, 02:38 PM
I am ready to move in and block.off the.entrance.

Dm, just before we move in, I will cast Mirror image (last possible second, but before the surprise round)

Xavier Alexis
2015-10-20, 03:15 PM
I am ready to move in and block.off the.entrance.

Dm, just before we move in, I will cast Mirror image (last possible second, but before the surprise round)

"I am ready when you are my friend."

Once Dr. Nimm is in position and blocks off the entrance, I enclose him in a spherical Wall of Force.

Ketiara
2015-10-20, 03:39 PM
"I am ready when you are my friend."

Once Dr. Nimm is in position and blocks off the entrance, I enclose him in a spherical Wall of Force.

The moment he takes off I cast bless as a lvl 1 or 2 (if Leena is within reach she also receive it)
But I cast it the sec the plan sets in motion. (1d4 on attacks and saves for 10 rounds)

"Oh and when fighting the trolls remember to hit as many or atleast the ones damaged with fire or acid, otherwise they regen for that round"

And with that I'm ready.

DM7581
2015-10-20, 11:56 PM
Again, the monsters are way out, so it is likely that you can approach the cave entrance.

All spells are up:

Death Ward, Mirror Image, Aid, and Bless on Dr. Nimm

Bless on everybody

Aid on Xavier and Arcivus

You get just within sight of the cave entrance. None of the monsters at the beach seem to notice you, but just as Dr. Nimm is about to let out his spell, 2 trolls from inside see him.

They are not surprised, so I will put out the initiative order:

Leena: 19
Trolls: 16
Dr. Nimm: 11
Xavier: 11
Arcivus: 8

I'll say that you are all at a very safe 100 feet, which is just inside the range for the Wall of Stone.

Leena sees the hiccup in the plan and lets loose a pair of Giant Slaying arrows...

Leena: (whispering to herself?) Swift death to you who has wronged me!

15/11+15-5+2=27, a hit!
17/1+15-5+2=29, a hit!

This activates her Oathbow, the arrows of which strike the troll for a total of:

1d8+16+6d10+3d6... each! That'll be 57 and 44 damage. That troll goes down!

Leena hates giants as you can tell.

The trolls are next. The one that was downed staggers back up and they both dart out of the cave right to you all. They take the Dash action, putting them within 40 feet.

As they hustle forward, they can be heard yelling out to the beach in giant.

Leena: They are warning the others!

Some commotion can be made out over by the water, but it is hard to see details at this distance.

Dr. Nimm and Xavier, you go! Remember all your buffs if they apply to your action (Bless gives +1d4 to hit, for example).

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-21, 06:58 AM
I carry out the plan as described. I hate when people change the plan without prior discussion!

Bonus.action fire bomb a troll.

Wall of stone the entrance, doubling up layers if I have extra.

23 to hit, 36 fire dmg. Edit: with.disadvantage I.came.to the.same number

Mr Benson, move up, sir!

DM7581
2015-10-21, 08:10 AM
I carry out the plan as described. I hate when people change the plan without prior discussion!

23 to hit, 36 fire dmg.

Mr Benson, move up, sir!

At 40 feet away, the bomb is going to be at disadvantage..

DM7581
2015-10-21, 08:13 AM
I am doing away with concentration requirement. It's silly considering it is mostly a melee buff.

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-21, 09:37 AM
Concentration on what, wall of stone?

Xavier Alexis
2015-10-21, 12:40 PM

23 to hit, 36 fire dmg.

Mr Benson, move up, sir!

"Dr Nimm, do you still want me to enclose you in a Wall of Force? After I do, you will not be able to attack anyone."

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-21, 12:45 PM
"Dr Nimm, do you still want me to enclose you in a Wall of Force? After I do, you will not be able to attack anyone."

Not sure what Dm.meant. hold up. If I.do.not need concentration for wall of stone, don't wall of force me as I prefer to contribute to eliminating the guards.

Also, nice description.of the.beach scene DM.

Ketiara
2015-10-21, 12:59 PM
Not sure what Dm.meant. hold up

You use concentration to keep wall of stone up. But if you are effected by mutagen you normally cant concentrate on spells, but he is wondering if he should skip that little hickup. But I didnt think you were under effect of mutagen at the moment.

or atleast thats what I think Rob ment.

DM7581
2015-10-21, 11:21 PM
Concentration on what, wall of stone?

Concentration on Wall of Stone stands. I'm dropping the concentration on the Mutagen as I first wrote it making it more akin to the Barbarian's rage.

DM7581
2015-10-21, 11:23 PM
You use concentration to keep wall of stone up. But if you are effected by mutagen you normally cant concentrate on spells, but he is wondering if he should skip that little hickup. But I didnt think you were under effect of mutagen at the moment.

If you cast a spell that requires concentration then take Mutagen, yes, the spell can be concentrated on, as normal.

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-21, 11:23 PM
So I can cast w mutagen up?

If that's the case I take it.

Also will take Xavier's force field for now

DM7581
2015-10-21, 11:24 PM

Exactly so. Just editing the Alchemist build along the way.

DM7581
2015-10-21, 11:25 PM
So I can cast w mutagen up?

If that's the case I take it.

Also will take Xavier's force field for now

Still can't cast while under the effect of Mutagen, but if you cast first and THEN take Mutagen, you can continue to concentrate on a spell.

Ketiara
2015-10-22, 05:49 AM
Still can't cast while under the effect of Mutagen, but if you cast first and THEN take Mutagen, you can continue to concentrate on a spell.

cool with the mutagen, but is it an issue at the moment? I cant remember when nimm said he "mutated" after our last long rest.

DM7581
2015-10-22, 05:50 AM
Plan A still in tact, Dr. Nimm flings a fire bomb at the injured troll incinerating it. It wails in pain as it slumps over, twitching lightly as the fire consumes its body. The other troll doesn't even blink.

The wall of stone comes up next, with the remaining troll mot even noticing. This is followed by Mr. Benson tipping his hat at Dr. Nimm in acknowledgment of his directive, where abruptly turns around, stands tall, as a gentleman should, and menacingly stomps forward to intercept the oncoming troll.

Xavier puts up his Wall of Force next, protecting Dr. Nimm. We now have 3 casters concentrating on spells (Arcivus: Bless, Nimm: Wall of Stone, Xavier: Wall of Force).

Speaking of Arcivus, you're up!

Ketiara
2015-10-22, 06:04 AM
Plan A still in tact, Dr. Nimm flings a fire bomb at the injured troll incinerating it. It wails in pain as it slumps over, twitching lightly as the fire consumes its body. The other troll doesn't even blink.

The wall of stone comes up next, with the remaining troll mot even noticing. This is followed by Mr. Benson tipping his hat at Dr. Nimm in acknowledgment of his directive, where abruptly turns around, stands tall, as a gentleman should, and menacingly stomps forward to intercept the oncoming troll.

Xavier puts up his Wall of Force next, protecting Dr. Nimm. We now have 3 casters concentrating on spells (Arcivus: Bless, Nimm: Wall of Stone, Xavier: Wall of Force).

Promising to protect Xavier, Arcivus stands firm (in the trolls path to Xavier) ready to strike at the troll if it gets close to Xavier.

Readied attack: 9+15-5: 19; (1d10)4+19 + (1d8)1 = 24

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-22, 07:20 AM

Tears of pride well up in Dr Nimms eyes watching Mr Benson

DM7581
2015-10-22, 07:48 AM
cool with the mutagen, but is it an issue at the moment? I cant remember when nimm said he "mutated" after our last long rest.

Not relevant now, but might be in the coming encounter(s). Just wanted to clarify prior to its next use.

Dr_Nimm
2015-10-22, 07:50 AM
Fo sho....