PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Chill Touch - Holding Charge

Barstro
2013-07-15, 01:42 PM
Since I cannot find anything on this, I assume that it does not work this way, but I figured I'd check...

L3 wizard casts Chill Touch. As such, he can use it on up to three people
Since he can only attack one person per round at that level, he holds the charge for later rounds

Question. If a person makes a successful melee attack against him, does that count as "touching" the attacking person to use up a charge?

In reality, I think it would, since a touch was made. But RAW seems to require an actual offensive move by the wizard.

Lord Vukodlak
2013-07-15, 01:54 PM
Question. If a person makes a successful melee attack against him, does that count as "touching" the attacking person to use up a charge?

In reality, I think it would, since a touch was made. But RAW seems to require an actual offensive move by the wizard.

No, first off touching his weapon is not touching him and even if they were attacking with an unarmed strike or a natural weapon the charge isn't held on your whole body it has to be delivered through an attack.

By your logic the spell would discharge automatically into the ground because its touching you.

Barstro
2013-07-15, 02:46 PM
Well, an argument could be made that his boots are non-conductive and, more to the point, he can choose when to discharge as a reflex (free/interrupt) action by being hit.

But that's stretching it a lot. I agree with your conclusion; I just wanted to see if anyone could say "sure, it works that way; here's where it says so".

Thanks