PDA

View Full Version : Illusionist Trickster Optimization

Greasy
2013-07-15, 03:10 PM
Trying to create some sort of Illusionist Trickster for a friends campaign. I've gained two levels of Sorcerer and I'm taking purely illusion style spells. I'm looking for feats/spells/skill tricks that optimize this stuff, as well as prestige classes.

The only difficult thing is, my guy is a really good guy, so he doesn't kill people and is trying to reframe from using Shadow Magic. Plus, the campaign setting is in Ptolus so shadow magic simply doesn't work.

Any help please?

nedz
2013-07-15, 04:42 PM
Shadow Conjuration is mainly about Battlefield control and utility, without it life is much more difficult. Shadow Evocation is not as useful.

You probably ought to have build a Beguiler, they can't really ever do actual damage, is it too late to switch ?

Sorcerer works really well though, I take it you are starting with Colour Spray and Silent Image ?

For second level spells I quite like Shadow Spray — it's useful to spam in a fight — but I guess you can't do this either.

You are going to meet creatures who are immune to your illusions so you need to find some more spells or run the risk of being useless. With Sorcerer you can do this — just pick up some Battlefield control spell you can Spam for your first 2nd level spell — Web is an obvious choice since it forces a Reflex save. Minor Image can wait until 5th. You really need a Fort save spell also: Stinking Cloud maybe ?

If you are serious about not doing damage look into Vow of Non-Violence. Your friends might not like the repercussions, though it will add +4 to your save DCs.