View Full Version : Creating organizations

Draconisister
2013-07-15, 05:08 PM
I need some help creating some organizations for a 3.5 setting i am working on. I would like to have some for PCs to join if they want and for plot hooks and other background shenanigans.

some basic world background for y'alls-
The nation where the PCs will start and spend a lot of their time is an island nation that has recently had a major cataclysm(caused by aberrations of every flavor). Its islands had been connected by magical gates(that no longer function) leading to fewer than normal ports for an island nation. Formally a strong magical power in the world it is now left with about half of its population and most of those who kept its magic running have been killed or taken as slaves.

I am looking to create some organizations that survived the cataclysm probably crippled and looking to rebuild as well as some new ones that have formed in hopes of making the nations prosperous again.

I would like to see the fallowing information
-name
- how a player might join
-what sort a benefits they might gain
-the kind of things they might ask of PCs who are members or not
-tasty fluffy fluff(like cotton candy made out of the souls of small children)

I need atlest 1 organization of the fallowing
-aberration hunters
-some sort of lorekeepers looking to reclaim lost archives of knowlage
-mages looking to restore the nation to its former glory
-commerce/seafaring guild looking to trade with other nations and keep the struggling nation afloat
+ anything else you think might fit

I may have bitten of more than i can chew with this setting so any help you can give me will be greatly appreciated. Thank you all so much in advance.