PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Easy Bake Wimp -> Wyrm Wizard: 1 metamagic feat

Tokuhara
2013-07-15, 05:21 PM
I'm designing Richard, a Grey Elf Eidetic Elf Generalist 5 who I'm aiming towards Wyrm Wizard (I know it's no Incantrix of the Sevenfold Cheese, but I want to test drive it for myself). I want 1 metamagic that will be my workhorse next 15 levels. Picking only one (I have a bunch of other feats I want to use on Richard, like Elven Spell Lore, Spell Thematics, and other "oddity" feats), what is the best "Bang for buck" Metamagic feat. And I mean one that I can take it and move on, not giving up my feat slots to become powerful. One feat, Best Use for a Wizard

Zanos
2013-07-15, 05:30 PM
For buffs? Extend.
For blasting? Empower.
For battlefield control? Sculpt.

Gildedragon
2013-07-15, 05:46 PM
Some good metamagics:
Sanctum Spell
Invisible Spell
City Spell

Tokuhara
2013-07-15, 05:48 PM
I'm looking at battlefield control mostly, with Arcane Disciple: Healing covering self-heals to lighten the Cleric's load (he's a Human Cleric built as a healbot in a party of 7), so sculpt could be useful, considering we have a Human Rogue, a Half-Ogre Fighter, a Goliath Barbarian, and a Dwarf Monk

Flickerdart
2013-07-15, 06:33 PM
Some good metamagics:
Sanctum Spell
Invisible Spell
City Spell
Sanctum is only useful for early-entry and spell level cap cheese, City Spell is vastly inferior to dedicated metamagics like Searing Spell, and Invisible Spell is so poorly written that it's practically unusable.

Akal Saris
2013-07-15, 06:36 PM
My vote goes to Sculpt Spell - it's very flexible in its applications, whether it's quadrupling the area of a small AOE spell like grease, or splitting up a spell like stinking cloud to hit your enemies and leave allies untouched.

Tokuhara
2013-07-15, 06:52 PM
My vote goes to Sculpt Spell - it's very flexible in its applications, whether it's quadrupling the area of a small AOE spell like grease, or splitting up a spell like stinking cloud to hit your enemies and leave allies untouched.

Doesn't Sculpt require 1 other metamagic feat?

Zanos
2013-07-15, 07:00 PM
Doesn't Sculpt require 1 other metamagic feat?

Huh. So it does. My arcane casters are usually pretty loaded with metamagic so I forgot about that. You can grab a rod if you still want it, but they're fairly expensive.

Extend can still be useful for a multitude of spells.

Tokuhara
2013-07-15, 07:51 PM
Huh. So it does. My arcane casters are usually pretty loaded with metamagic so I forgot about that. You can grab a rod if you still want it, but they're fairly expensive.

Extend can still be useful for a multitude of spells.

That might be the only worthwhile option

Wings of Peace
2013-07-15, 11:09 PM
If you're worried about survivability I like doing the standard Easy Bake Wizard with the Dragonborn and Arctic templates for +4 con.

Tokuhara
2013-07-15, 11:24 PM
If you're worried about survivability I like doing the standard Easy Bake Wizard with the Dragonborn and Arctic templates for +4 con.

That's the thing: Richard is a weakling. This was on purpose to challenge me as both a gamer and as a player