PDA

View Full Version : Mysterious Feat

Frostfel Wizard
2013-07-15, 07:30 PM
I had found a feat in a 3.X book (can't remember which one, I own them all) that allowed you to carve a rune into your own bones. I can't remember what it did or which book it was in but it involved a "long and bloody ritual" or the like. Being completely aware of the lack of information I challenge someone to help find the name of the feat and the book it was in.

Piggy Knowles
2013-07-15, 08:39 PM
Black Lore of Moil from Complete Arcane? "In addition to its normal spell components, a Moilian spell requires the creation and expenditure of a Moilian runebone - a small human bone (often a finger bone) scribed with carefully prepared arcane markings."

That's the only thing I can think of...

Frostfel Wizard
2013-07-15, 09:30 PM
That's what I thought it was at first, but you inscribe the runes onto your own bones, I think it caused hit point damage or something like that.

Karnith
2013-07-15, 09:49 PM
That's what I thought it was at first, but you inscribe the runes onto your own bones, I think it caused hit point damage or something like that.
Could you be thinking of the Runescarred Berserker prestige class, from Unapproachable East? It's not a feat, but as a class feature they scribe runes into their flesh (that cause damage) that allow them to cast spells.

Thurbane
2013-07-16, 02:43 AM
I know Castiel marked Angelic runes onto the Winchester boys ribs in the TV show Supernatural. I know not of a D&D equivalent, however. :smalltongue: