PDA

View Full Version : animal companion question

morkendi
2013-07-15, 10:05 PM
If a sorcerer takes animal companion act and goes into mystic the urge with druid, how does this effect his companion? Since the urge does nothing but increase caster lvl, I assume it stays at the point he entered, I just want to make sure.

eggynack
2013-07-15, 10:14 PM
You are correct. Mystic theurge doesn't advance animal companions, so you're out of luck on that account. If you do want animal companion advancement on a sorcerer/druid, you should check out the arcane hierophant from Races of the Wild page 108.

karkus
2013-07-15, 10:48 PM
Yeah, that particular prestige class isn't that good for Druids, unfortunately. I also noticed that because Druids have such good class abilities, like Wild Shape, you can easily miss out on some abilities, although that won't matter when you can raise armies of trees to raid the countryside. :smallbiggrin:

TheSunKing
2013-07-15, 11:07 PM
You could take the variant that grants the sorcerer an animal companion, so that at least those levels stack.

Wilderness Companion (UA, p 58): Trade familiar for animal companion.
(from here (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19872054/Alternative_Class_Features_III))

Tegannie
2013-07-16, 01:04 AM
If I remember correctly, there's a feat in complete adventurer that adds three levels (up to your character level) to your effective druid level for determining your animal companion's stuff. I'm thinking about taking it for my Druid 9/elemental savant 1+ at some point.

Malak'ai
2013-07-16, 01:14 AM
If I remember correctly, there's a feat in complete adventurer that adds three levels (up to your character level) to your effective druid level for determining your animal companion's stuff. I'm thinking about taking it for my Druid 9/elemental savant 1+ at some point.

That would be Natural Bond, Comp Adventurer pg 111.