PDA

View Full Version : Yay, Psionic [Feats]!

Were-Sandwich
2006-12-10, 07:42 AM
Ok, first some I already posted that noone really critiqued:
Psionic Trip [Psionic]
You use you mental might to aid your trip attacks
Prerequisites: Combat Expertise, Improved Trip, Psionic Weapon or Psionic Fist
Benefit: Whilst psionically focused, you gain a +2 nonus on strength checks to resolve trip attacks

Psionic Disarm [Psionic]
You use you mental might to aid your disarm attacks
Prerequisites: Combat Expertise, Improved Disarm, Psionic Weapon or Psionic Fist
Benefit: Whilst psionically focused, you gain a +2 nonus on opposed attack rolls to resolve disarm attempts

Psionic Feint [Psionic]
You use you mental might to aid your feints.
Prerequisites: Combat Expertise, Improved Feint, Psionic Weapon or Psionic Fist
Benefit: Whilst psionically focused, you gain a +2 bonus on bluff checks to feint in combat

Psionic Grapple[Psionic]
You use you mental might to aid your grappling
Prerequisites: Imrpoved Unarmed Strike, Improved Grapplew, Psionic Fist
Benefit: Whilst psionically focused, you gain a +2 bonus on grapple checks

Psionic Bull Rush [Psionic]
You use you mental might to aid your Bull Rushes
Prerequisites: Power Attack, Improved Bull Rush, Psionic Weapon or Psionic Fist
Benefit: Whilst psionically focused, you gain a +2 nonus on strength checks to resolve Bull Rush attempts

Psionic Overrun [Psionic]
You use you mental might to aid your overruns
Prerequisites: Power Attack, Improved Overrun, Psionic Weapon or Psionic Fist
Benefit: Whilst psionically focused, you gain a +2 nonus on strength checks to resolve overrun attempts

Psionic Sunder [Psionic]
You use you mental might to aid your trip attacks
Prerequisites: Power Attack, Improved Sunder, Psionic Weapon or Psionic Fist
Benefit: Whilst psionically focused, you gain a +2 nonus on opposed attack rolls to resolve Sunder attempts

Keen as Minds Edge [Psionic]
Your blade is as sharp as your mind
Prerequisites: Improved Critical, Psionic Weapon or Psionic Fist
Benefit: Whilst psionically focused, the critical range of any weapon you wield is increased by 1. This stacks ith improved critical, and is applied after the doubling effect of Improved Critical.

Quick as Wit [Psionic]
Your mental speed allows you to react in the blink of an eye
Prerequisites: Improved Initiative, Speed of Thought
Benefit: Whilst psionically focused, you gain a +2 bonus on iniative checks.

And now, some new ones. Firstly, my attempt to re-write the Psionic Weapon, Psionic Fist and Psionic Shot feat trees. I never liked the fact that you have to expend you psionic focus to use them:

Deep Impact [Psionic]

Prerequisites: Str 13, Psionic Weapon, Bab +5

Benefit: Whilst Psionically Focused, you gain a +2 on melee weapon attack rolls

Fell Shot[Psionic]

Prerequisites: Str 13, Psionic Shot, Bab +5

Benefit: Whilst Psionically Focused, you gain a +2 on ranged weapon attack rolls

Greater Psionic Fist [Psionic]

Prerequisites: Str 13, Psionic Fist, Bab+5

Benefit: Whilst psionically focused, you gain a further +2 bonus on unarmed strike damage

Greater Psionic Shot [Psionic]

Prerequisites: Dex 13, Psionic Shot, Bab+5

Benefit: Whilst psionically focused, you gain a further +2 bonus on ranged weapon damage

Greater Psionic Weapon [Psionic]

Prerequisites: Str 13, Psionic Weapon, Bab+5

Benefit: Whilst psionically focused, you gain a further +2 bonus on melee weapon damage

Psionic Fist [Psionic]

Prerequisites: Str 13

Benefit: When Psionically Focused, you gain a +2 bonus on unamred strike damage

Psionic Shot[Psionic]

Benefit: When Psionically Focused, you gain a +2 bonus on ranged weapon damage

Psionic Weapon [Psionic]

Benefit: When Psionically Focused, you gain a +2 bonus on melee weapon damage

Unavoidable Strike [Psionic]

Prerequisites: Str 13, Psionic Fist, Bab +5

Benefit: Whilst Psionically Focused, you gain a +2 on Unarmed Strike attack rolls

Some more later

katarl
2006-12-10, 09:20 AM
uhhh, these are just going through the phb combat rules, and assigning everything a +2.

Were-Sandwich
2006-12-10, 10:45 AM
Yup. I figured we needed some more Psychic Warrior feats. I just liked the concept. And the others are just because the regular ones irk me.

The_Snark
2006-12-10, 09:08 PM
I personally think it's weakening the Psionic Weapon/Shot/Fist/etc. feats. +2 essentially makes it just like Weapon Specialization for psychic warriors; not necessarily a bad thing, but not all that great either. And +2 to attacks isn't bad for a feat, but making an attack into a touch attack is usually better- even if you can't do it on every attack. If you were playing a two-weapon fighting dervish-type, I could see how it's better, but otherwise not. Also, Str 13 is a bit of an unusual prerequisite for Psionic Shot and its related feats.

The other ones look good, though.

magic8BALL
2006-12-10, 09:09 PM
The whole point of having the feats expend psionic focus is so (insert anything with power points) dosn't get +2 to (insert a combat manuver) all the time.

The psionic warrior is already well supplied with a large variaty of feats, he dosn't need any more.

These feats, although I'd take them (for my Thri Kreen monk) if my DM didn't see through the ruse, are all quite unimagionative for Psionic feats: "phemoninal abilities of pure manifestation of the ego". The main reason nobody critiqued them before was probly, "hmmm... nothing really ground breaking here..."

Were-Sandwich
2006-12-11, 12:30 PM
Meh. They are a bit bland I suppose.