PDA

View Full Version : Immortals, a 3.5 campaign

Ambrose Brodnax
2013-07-16, 02:04 AM
I Currently on game 3 of a very long(hopefully) campaign. I am DM, have 5-6 players at a time all experienced rollers.starting level 5. I started by saying anything that can meet lvl requirements can play, so of course I get lots of people asking to play obscure, odd or home brew races. Oh! And no one is good.

Player list game I
1) Vicious Delicious of house Delicious-Gnome paladin of tyranny, LE
2)Aracnia Blackvenum- Arsonists Druid, CE
3) Nicholi Mindbender- 9 yearold Synod Wilder, NN
4) Moghogony- Halfing Sorcerer, NE
5) Meowmander Hexclaw- Ashcat (homebrew) Hexblade,NE

Okay I can work with this. First things first, plothooks for this cast I'm going to pull out all the stops: lets rewrite the universe.

sorry if spelling or grammar errors. I am typing this on my phone at work.

Ambrose Brodnax
2013-07-16, 02:23 AM
The PC's all remember an event that changed there lives 15 years ago they were teleported to the inside of a huge pristine white sphere all other manse of sentient creatures are also with them. Around 900 in total: Gnomes, Orcs, Man, Minitoir, Synod, Giant, Gorgon, Thri-keen, Arsonists, Ashcat, and Dwarves. Here they are decided into groups and branded by what appears to be a magical construct. When asked any questions it replies " you have been selected as candidates to become vasier.". They are then released and soon descover they need not eat sleep or breath, they do not age. They have been branded in the chest by a magical rune only they can see. ( I was lazy so I just pact magic symbols, the 5 share the same one.) Nicoli is soon after accused of black magic for he is a child that never ages. His home is burnt down, his parants slain. He escapes to the home of Vicious ( an extravagant mansion) and becomes his Ward
The other three members of the party happen to atend the ceromony to crown the new high king of Gnomania.

Ambrose Brodnax
2013-07-16, 02:45 AM
The party meet on the street and are invited back to Vicious's home. They talk amongst themselves and generaly have no idiea what's happened to them (Meowmander actually spent the 15 years without noticing anything weird as he always wore a ring of sustainance). It is here they meet an unflappable young gnome name Malicious (gnome names all rime in this world). She invited the members of the party to the coronation later that day with a promise of answers.
At the coronation the PCs soon decover she is the one being crowned High King of Gnomania. After the party she sends the PCs on a quest to a ruined city, a strange race called elves once inhabited it but are now long extinct.
Upon arrival a blizzard makes it difficult to move or see, the party is ambushed by a few lvl 3 dwarven fighters, guickly dispatched this first group lets me se how the team works in combat( they don't) . PC ignore each other for the most part, hey they roleplay evil kind of well.

Ambrose Brodnax
2013-07-16, 03:00 AM
It was around this time a roommate of one of the PCs, who had never played before asked to "hop in". He shows me a character sheet for a premade elf ranger. Well I am nothing if not flexible. I tell him to throw undead on him and pull himself from the snow.
With the only memory he has is to (STAY OF THE SNOW). He tries to little avail to warn the part before they are beset by a chain Goldman sending slithering chains benieth the snow. Several character are tangeled and bound by the chains. Meowmander runs away finding himself in a large eleven monistary. Eventualy they defeated the chain Goldman with most of the damage commingle from the Wilder, Nicoli. He also deals a lot of friendly fire. This is also the moment they stop trusting me to pull my DM punches 2 characters almost died (Vicious and Moghogony (My players suck at naming).

Ambrose Brodnax
2013-07-16, 03:37 AM
Once inside the citidel they find a ornate eleven box underneith a statue of the elf God of necromancy. ELF(yea that's what we called HIM) found the key inside his jacket pocket. Inside the box after the PCs were done fighting over it was ELF's jurnal. Most of the players moved down into a vast array of caticombs lined with thousand of ephemeral skelitons and the trinkets/ bobles they were buried with. Being true to their characters half the party began filling pockets with worthless junk. Needless to say the dead did not like that. Eventual they figured out they only got aggroed if they had stolen items save for Moghogony who's raven familiar refused to give up a ring. He eventualy made it out with his copper ring of deadthingsattackyou. The rest of the party made its way down the stairs talking to an entity calling itself the gatekeeper ( I must suck at names too). Turned out to be a cloud giant skeliton guarding an immortal prissoner. They end up getting the key from the guard and trying to bribe my BBEG, he casts geass. Has the one with the key open the door and begins throwing around the party and cloudgiant like they were ants. He has several more brands up his arms that look like magical tic marks. He picks up each PC looks at their arms, calls the worthless and tosses them to the side. Then he gets to ELF who now after reading his own dairy knows this is the man responsible for the extinction of the elves. "I want to pin his feet to the ground with arrrows" 20(damn). Vicious " I want to bring him to his knees and hold him" 20 (wtf). Other PC's don't do anything. The villain goes to get up 1. Elf " he is on his knees? I cut his head off" 20 . They just killed my big bad Guy.

Ambrose Brodnax
2013-07-16, 04:24 AM
That was where I ended campaign 1 of 3. feel free to leave comments, questions and concerns. Will post number 2 tomorrow.