PDA

View Full Version : Human Paragon added to Healer

elvengunner69
2013-07-16, 01:16 PM
Preamble: Yes I know a Healer is not a strong 'tier' class but I want to play it more for the roleplaying and support and I know there are better 'healer' options

So I am building a Healer - lvl 13 and was wondering if taking a 3 lvl dip in Human Paragon would be worth it? Also any feat suggestions?

All official 3.5 stuff is open to use.

Thank you in advance!

If it helps info: We are playing in Faerun my character is from Calimport and escaping her father (who is a mid lvl member in one of the guilds). My character had an encounter with a her deity and refused the criminal life - becoming a healer to escape her father and the guilds.

Rebel7284
2013-07-16, 01:18 PM
Ways to expand your spelllist would help. xD

Also, Sacred Exorcist for turn undead -> divine metamagic is nice.

elvengunner69
2013-07-16, 01:36 PM
Ways to expand your spelllist would help. xD

Also, Sacred Exorcist for turn undead -> divine metamagic is nice.

We have a Sorcerer & Druid so we are pretty strong will casting - I just wanted to mostly heal and restore (we tend to get hit with lots of things that petrify/paralyze/etc. so I mostly want to do that. I usually play Druids so this is kind of branching out into something different for me.

I wouldn't mind doing a dip into something that might buff a little too but not sure what would make sense with my back story.

Eldaran
2013-07-16, 02:02 PM
Well, I'd obviously recommend just going Cleric and taking all healing/support spells, it's strictly better and just as flavorful as Healer.

But if you're deadset on Healer, no I don't think Human Paragon is worth it. You're losing one caster level, and the main benefits don't matter much for a Healer. You don't really need the +2 to a stat, and the feat isn't worth the caster level loss. You also have decent skill points already. You also miss out on your uh... wonderful class features.

Feats: Touch of Healing (Complete Champion) for free out of combat healing I guess?

BowStreetRunner
2013-07-16, 02:05 PM
Human Paragon will cost you a caster level in exchange for a class skill, bonus feat, and +2 to an ability score. Overall, I don't think it's what you are looking for.

Combat Medic (HoB 99) has some interesting interactions with the Healer Class, and you don't give up any caster levels. Paragnostic Apostle (CC 95) might not be terrible for the Divine Understanding and Mind Over Body powers.