PDA

View Full Version : Favored soul spell suggestions

Tegannie
2013-07-16, 01:54 PM
I'm looking for spell suggestions for a changling favored soul I'm playing.

- Her deity is homebrewed and unknown to me (in and out of character). All I know is that she (the deity) has the weather domain (My guess would be that she's TN or NG, maybe CN or CG)

- She is currently level 4 and plan to eventually go into Stormlord.

- She uses javelins as her main weapon. The only other PC is a duskblade, but we currently have a copper dragon wormling with us (he's about a month old)

- My DM is adding the Weather domain spells to my list in addition to the normal spells known (even if they aren't cleric spells)

- My current spells are (I'm away from my character sheet right now, so this is from memory):
0: Light, Purify Food and Drink, Guidance, Mending, Resistance, and Create Water
1: Divine Favor, Nimbus of Light, Cure Light Wounds, Entropic Shield, and Obscuring Mists (d)
2: (just added these, can be changed b/c we haven't play since I leveled) Spiritual Weapon, Resist Engery, Sound Burst (I may be remembering this name wrong), and Gust of Wind (d)

- No books are outright banned, but anything not in core+completes, I'd have to run by the DM.

Any suggestions for changes/future additions?

Thanks!

Agincourt
2013-07-16, 02:32 PM
With all the Sonic and Electric damage you'll be doing as a Stormlord, I recommend Energy Vulnerability for when you get access to 3rd level spells. It's in the Player's Handbook II so you may need your DM's approval. Creatures in a 10 foot burst gain energy vulnerability of the type you select.

As for your current spells, they look pretty good to me. I might consider switching Lesser Vigor for Cure Light Wounds. You'll heal more, but over a longer period of time. (As a 4th level caster, CLW heals d8 + 4 HP in 1 round; LV heals 14 HP over 14 rounds.) I'm not a big fan of Nimbus of Light, especially since you have Light as an Orison. However, if you like it for roleplaying purposes it's not bad.

Bloodgruve
2013-07-16, 02:50 PM
Favored Soul have an ACF called Favored of Bahamut. Gives you a few arcane spells and natural claw attacks. Not sure if the flavor fits for you but it opens up some nice options like Neverskitter or others that are useful throughout the characters life.

GL
Blood

Agincourt
2013-07-16, 03:34 PM
At the risk of being contradicted by the OP, that's probably not what she wants. First, Bahamut does not have the weather domain, and second, she probably needs the free weapon focus Favored Soul's get at level 3 since she needs Weapon Focus (Javelin) for her Prestige Class.

Tegannie
2013-07-17, 08:04 AM
With all the Sonic and Electric damage you'll be doing as a Stormlord, I recommend Energy Vulnerability for when you get access to 3rd level spells. It's in the Player's Handbook II so you may need your DM's approval. Creatures in a 10 foot burst gain energy vulnerability of the type you select.

As for your current spells, they look pretty good to me. I might consider switching Lesser Vigor for Cure Light Wounds. You'll heal more, but over a longer period of time. (As a 4th level caster, CLW heals d8 + 4 HP in 1 round; LV heals 14 HP over 14 rounds.) I'm not a big fan of Nimbus of Light, especially since you have Light as an Orison. However, if you like it for roleplaying purposes it's not bad.

DM approved the Energy Vunerability. Too bad it's not a druid spell or my Druid/Elemental Savant would be very happy.

Since I'm the healer for our party, I like having some quick healing. As for nimbus of light, I was using it for damage most of the time. I'll definately take your advise into consideration when I get the opportunity to relearn spells.

As for Favored of Bahamut, you are dead on. My deity is already chosen ad it's definately not Bahamut, plus I need the feat for Stormlord.