PDA

View Full Version : Apparently I keep trying to double-post?

Trekkin
2013-07-16, 04:39 PM
When I try to post, and in the process take long enough writing that I have to log back in to actually submit that post, the anti-spam "you can only post once per 60 seconds please try again in 59 seconds" box always pops up, even though I only click once.

Is there some reason my posts are being submitted twice, and is there something I can do to correct this?

Rawhide
2013-07-16, 05:54 PM
Make sure that the "Stay logged in" button is checked when you log in, and make sure that you're accepting all cookies from this site. If you do this, you won't be logged out while you're browsing/typing.

Otherwise, you can open a second tab/window just before submitting, then ensure that you are logged on before you try to post (and log on if you are not).

erikun
2013-07-17, 04:41 PM
When I try to post, and in the process take long enough writing that I have to log back in to actually submit that post, the anti-spam "you can only post once per 60 seconds please try again in 59 seconds" box always pops up, even though I only click once.
Are your posts actually being submitted, even though you see that error message? That is, if you go back into the post and preview it, can you see that your post was already submitted once?

If so - if you get the message but the post is submitted anyways - then most likely you mouse is double-clicking when you don't want it to. This would either be a problem with the mouse settings, or some kind of double-click spyware on the computer.

If the post is not being submitted but you get the message anyways, then I'd recommend using the Preview Post button before submitting. After logging in, of course, or following Rawhide's suggestion so that you don't get logged out.

Jimorian
2013-07-17, 04:56 PM
I don't think it's anything as complicated as that. I think that when he writes the post, then hits "submit", that's counting as click #1, then when it asks him to sign in and he does, then hits "submit" again, that counts as click #2. So even though #1 didn't go through because he wasn't signed in, it still counts.

erikun
2013-07-17, 07:43 PM
I don't think it's anything as complicated as that. I think that when he writes the post, then hits "submit", that's counting as click #1, then when it asks him to sign in and he does, then hits "submit" again, that counts as click #2. So even though #1 didn't go through because he wasn't signed in, it still counts.
That's very strange. Anytime that happens to me (if I click Submit, and then need to sign in) I am just taken to a blank page with nothing on it.

Although you are right. If that's the problem then just signing in on another tab, or checking to stay signed in, will resolve the problem.