PDA

View Full Version : Knightly Orders in 3.0/3.5

nikandros
2013-07-16, 05:38 PM
Hi, I am currently playing a campaign in a 3.5 Forgotten Realmsish style campaign with some Ravenloft elements. My DM is rather easy going with a lot of rules, but he still follows the books. He allows us players a lot of freedom in setting up characters, and things of that nature.

The Campaign started us off at decently high level, as its just 3 of us playing(including the DM) and thats where the other PC tends to find the most fun in playing the game. I digress though.

The character I am playing is Lawful Evil, and has sworn an oath to a king of similar alignment, and I was wondering what rules govern the creation of a knight's order? I think I have some leeway to pursue this, but I have been scouring the books I have available, and I am having trouble pinpointing how I would set up the charter, what benefits it would offer people who join, what determent a character who would join would face and all associated with it.

My character follows the faith of Nerull, largely because of the Ravenloft elements, and the king is a vampire, though not Strahd. Again this isn't strictly forgotten realms or ravenloft, he tends to pick and choose elements he wants when world building, this is just what I can gather from having played with them for a while.

This is a relatively new campaign, but since play has started a fair bit of time has passed in game.

Anyway, I await replies. I tried to find any related posts about this, but I didn't want to necro a thread, and couldn't find a search tool to find if the info has been covered.

While potentially my DM doesn't mind nearly godlike characters, and allows people to make them, I tend to want my characters to be balanced and mortal, so while I want it to be over all more of a positive in the campaign, to join this order, I am not particularly interested in ideas that would make my, compared to other characters in play, relatively weak character into an unstoppable powerhouse able to 2 round adult dragons(despite the relative humor in doing that).

Grayson01
2013-07-16, 08:19 PM
CHeck out the Complete Warrior, Adventurer, and Champion.... I think oen of them has orginizations in them. They all show an affiliaction score and the benefits that go with these. You know what It might be in the Complete Divine, Sorry I am at work so can't look at my copies to check, but you can modify them to fit you needs and show you benefits and how to figure out Affiliaction scores. Most of which revolove around certain in game factors very much like leadership score. Just in revers.

BowStreetRunner
2013-07-16, 08:26 PM
'PC Organizations' from DMGII page 210
'Affiliations' from PHBII page 163

nikandros
2013-07-16, 08:29 PM
Thanks! I was totally lost. I haven't played PnP in quite a few years, and it was with the 2.0 ruleset.

3.0/3.5 changed quite a bit so I wasn't sure what I should do about it.