PDA

View Full Version : gestalt psionic rogue and high op build help.

Virdish
2013-07-17, 03:24 AM
So first I need some help with a build for a friend. It's actually one of my players who is woefully bad at optimization (not amazingly better myself but a little) his build looks like this so far [rough build]

Psionic rogue1//Ranger 1
PR2//fighter 1
PR3//fighter 2
PR4//Psywar1
PR5//ranger 2
PR6//Psychic Assassin 1

From there I am not sure. Obviously he will ofset every other level so he keeps full ML. I would like to have him go slayer at some point.

Second question is a little harder as it is for this (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=15635797#post15635797) high op game. My basic build looks like this

Psion (shaper) 5//incarnate5
Soul manifester10//filler levels 9/constructor1
Constructor +4//incarnate +4

one thing about this build I don't want to change is using shaper for astral construct and ectoskeleton for ACMA. Also plan on using pp recharge trick (not sure which one yet) and action economy breakers to up the cheese factor a little bit. Dm (bel) has approved taking prc's on both sides including dual progression, and has set a nigh unreachable cheese limit (read through the thread for some examples of what he has ok'd.) Looking at ofher builds I realize that I am dangerously below the power curve. What are some suggestions you might have that could help.

Fouredged Sword
2013-07-17, 06:24 AM
Your filler levels on the second build should be crystal master. Entry is cheep, and you would get +5 to int, con, dex, defense, saves, and DR5/-.

avr
2013-07-17, 06:34 AM
Your filler levels on the second build should be crystal master. Entry is cheep, and you would get +5 to int, con, dex, defense, saves, and DR5/-.

Well, some of the above. Each takes 3+ of the 6 gems you get over the 10 levels of the class, and in 9 levels you'd get just 4 gems.

The crystal master for 3.5e is here (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/psm/20040625d).

Fouredged Sword
2013-07-17, 06:49 AM
The stat boosters are all available from level 1 in the class (though you don't get one until level 2), and the def and save booster as well.

Though you are right that the bonuses cap at 4, and you only get 4 bonuses. I would drop the dex bonus and keep the rest.

It is all untyped or insight, so it stacks with enhancement bonuses from items.

I would strongly consider that last level as well. All the bonuses would increase to +6 and you would get two more bonuses.

Virdish
2013-07-17, 10:23 AM
I thought about crystal master but didn't really know if I wanted to have two classes of +existing manifester level. That part of the class is just wasted. Numbers are great but I'm sure there are some class abilities I could get somewhere for more cheese.

Kazyan
2013-07-17, 11:08 AM
For the high-OP, how about Factotum 8 in those filler levels? Can't really go wrong with that.

Fouredged Sword
2013-07-17, 11:10 AM
Yes, that is just the right size for factotum 8's extra standard actions. I didn't think about that.

Virdish
2013-07-17, 12:11 PM
I like it. Action economy breaking is always good times.

Fouredged Sword
2013-07-17, 12:23 PM
Also, it is just enough space to get meditant 9, granting all day eternalness.

Virdish
2013-07-17, 01:13 PM
Both of those are nice. Action economy is fun but then again saying "what armor?" And the other things ethereal grants is also nice. For this build do you think I could get away without taking font of inspiration for the factotum? Cause feats are gonna hurt (one downfall of meditant though the requisites for it are nice feats.)