PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Kingmaker diety search {minor spoilers}

Sheogoroth
2013-07-17, 02:19 PM
So,

We've reached the stage of Kingmaker in which we must select a religion of the state. Now it's true that most in the area is Erastilian, what few there are at this point.

But the most peculiar and unexpected thing happened. We were able to convince Sootscale's tribe to join up with us in the foreign quarter of one of our cities(we even made him spymaster.) The way we were able to do this, is that we have a dragonrider, and the minute he reared his ugly mug, the entire tribe communally prostrated themselves before his dragonness in reverence.
This got me thinking.
Fundamentally, I like the idea of a theocracy- judicial power vested in 'god' rather than in 'the people' or 'tradition.'

He's a tiefling, so naturally its' a red. Brevoyans have a bit of a sordid history with reds, so I don't think we can pull that angle for any... non-scaled individuals. BUT, sans asmodeus, assuming there were no real restrictions on what we could find a high priest for(my DM permits us to hire expeditions which are essentially just mini-campaign breaks in which we play characters we create for a single mission), what would be the best state approved pantheon for establishing complete and unquestionable control over the populace.

An added note, we have grand aspirations for making a robot army(essentially warforged) on account of their cheaper upkeep and faster rearing time, plus we could sell them. Now, the cheapest and most efficient avenue in which we have researched that thus far involves cramming people into forges and moving/reconditioning their intelligence, but it's still in the beta stage. So extra points for a religion that glorifies some kind of divine sacrifice or machine super-transcendance.
I've actually been looking into Eldar Evils with little luck thus far(if that tells you how loopy we'll go.)