PDA

View Full Version : Godzilla 2014

Bhu
2013-07-17, 03:28 PM
http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2013/07/15/godzilla-comic-con-2/

https://www.facebook.com/pages/DVD-News-Flash/183880418345097 scroll down to the godzilla statue

he's been eatin' twinkies...

Deathkeeper
2013-07-17, 03:32 PM
Well, at least it looks like Godzilla this time.

Bhu
2013-07-17, 03:39 PM
There's concept art busts a lil further down

Dienekes
2013-07-17, 04:00 PM
The bust looks pretty cool, however once it attaches to the body, suddenly he has George Lucas neck.

But then I've never had the problem with the American movie for making Godzilla leaner and moving more like a predator. No, that movie was bad because everything else about it was bad and instead of just thinning up the big guy they instead made him look silly.

Toastkart
2013-07-17, 05:10 PM
The face does look pretty good, although I always did prefer when he had ears. The overall design is, yes, fat. Even fatter than the 90s era look, who had some spectacular thighs.

Bhu
2013-07-18, 12:43 AM
He has teensy ones if you look close. I hope the pudginess doesn't imply it's a kiddy movie. But I don't have much fear of that given who the director is.

Killer Angel
2013-07-18, 05:53 AM
The face does look pretty good, although I always did prefer when he had ears. The overall design is, yes, fat. Even fatter than the 90s era look, who had some spectacular thighs.

"fat" is an understatement. :smalleek:

But yeah, it doesn't seems bad. I wonder if shoots lighting bolts.

Cikomyr
2013-07-18, 06:43 AM
It doesn't look bad. But is there a giant robot fighting it?

Melayl
2013-07-18, 01:16 PM
I'll be kind of disappointed if it's not a guy in a big foam rubber suit...

ShadowFireLance
2013-07-18, 01:19 PM
It's all CGI, Indeed. :smallbiggrin:

Cannot WAIT For this!

LaZodiac
2013-07-18, 01:38 PM
The bust looks pretty cool, however once it attaches to the body, suddenly he has George Lucas neck.

But then I've never had the problem with the American movie for making Godzilla leaner and moving more like a predator. No, that movie was bad because everything else about it was bad and instead of just thinning up the big guy they instead made him look silly.

The best thing the American movie did was the scene in Final Wars where Godzilla killed Zilla in like, ten seconds.

Also, this is going to be awesome. Can't wait to not see this because my theatre chose to play Grown Ups 2 instead of Pacific Rim, thus showing that they're terrible and I hate them.

Avilan the Grey
2013-07-18, 01:46 PM
I don't know what to think of this, because quite frankly if it is not stupid and goofy... what's the point?

I am in the minority that I vastly prefer the American 'zilla design, since it works much better if you don't want to point and laugh at the silly monster.

Traab
2013-07-18, 01:51 PM
Why does that first link show godzilla looking like someone awakened a skyscraper?

LaZodiac
2013-07-18, 02:31 PM
Why does that first link show godzilla looking like someone awakened a skyscraper?

It's meant to be a teaser image, truth be told :smallamused:

Mewtarthio
2013-07-18, 03:22 PM
I hope the pudginess doesn't imply it's a kiddy movie.

Godzilla is a kaiju who's just too busy for Christmas. But that all changes one day when the King of Monsters is awakened from his slumber by a magical elf (Nicholas Cage) with some shocking news. It seems the lumbering giant accidentally squished Santa in a rampage last year, and now he is obligated to take the Red Man's place! Laughs abound as he tries to hide his sudden weight gain from his girlfriend (Zooey Deschanel) and looks for a way out of the contract, ultimately reconnecting with his estranged son (some kid we pulled off the street) and learning the true meaning of Christmas! Godzilla is the feel-good family comedy of the year that will leave you utterly annihilated by the radioactive breath... of laughter!

Traab
2013-07-18, 08:55 PM
Godzilla is a kaiju who's just too busy for Christmas. But that all changes one day when the King of Monsters is awakened from his slumber by a magical elf (Nicholas Cage) with some shocking news. It seems the lumbering giant accidentally squished Santa in a rampage last year, and now he is obligated to take the Red Man's place! Laughs abound as he tries to hide his sudden weight gain from his girlfriend (Zooey Deschanel) and looks for a way out of the contract, ultimately reconnecting with his estranged son (some kid we pulled off the street) and learning the true meaning of Christmas! Godzilla is the feel-good family comedy of the year that will leave you utterly annihilated by the radioactive breath... of laughter!

Godzilla has an embarrassing secret. The King of the Monsters is middle aged and has yet to find a mate. Watch as his drinking buddy Rohdan, and his gay stepbrother Mothra (the magnificent) take it upon themselves to get him a mate. Hilarity abounds as he tries to go the fake route and attempts to pretend that mecha godzilla is his girlfriend.

Bhu
2013-07-18, 11:27 PM
Godzilla, Mothra, and Rodan are girls...

LaZodiac
2013-07-18, 11:33 PM

Zilla is a girl. Godzilla is not.

Mothra and Rodan are, though.

Forrestfire
2013-07-18, 11:35 PM

Probably a mix between generic awesomeness, being a teaser poster, and possibly homaging this:

http://www.retrocrush.com/archive2006/gojira/gojira_poster_BIG.jpg

Either way, it's amazing and has a very "godzilla"-ey feel to it. Badass, terrifying, and monstrous.

Dienekes
2013-07-18, 11:37 PM

Depends on the movie. Godzilla is distinctly called male several times after the first movie, or the father of Milla or Godzilla Jr. Mothra is female. Rodan was originally both (two Rodans in the first movie), was male in Ghidorah the Three Headed Monster, and I think is male in Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla II. Not 100% on that one though.

Bhu
2013-07-18, 11:56 PM
Godzilla is generally only referred to as male in American releases. The Japanese usually use gender neutral pronouns for the Kaiju such as 'it'. But one of the zilla's laid eggs and hatched a Minya so either the original Gojira, or the second one in Godzilla Raids Again is female.

Jayngfet
2013-07-19, 12:17 AM

Don't give them any ideas. Let's not even pretend Cage wouldn't immediately sign up for this role and if an executive thinks the spectacle will sell then they'll throw as much money as they need to to make this happen.

Deathkeeper
2013-07-19, 12:25 AM
Zilla is a girl. Godzilla is not.

Mothra and Rodan are, though.

Did they ever say Zilla was female when they had the real Godzilla kill it? Because I do remember a line in the 'original' GodZilla when the annoying "protagonist" is talking about the eggs and says "...not if it reproduces asexually!" Implying the monster was either male or neither, since no one would bat an eyelash at a female laying eggs. I unfortunately only remember that phrase, not the whole context though. I know he said it, but maybe the rest is wrong?

Hopeless
2013-07-19, 04:00 AM
Trying to quietly hibernate through the era of mammals, Gojira is brutally awakened when some Americans making a monster movie detonate some explosive special effects too near his subterranean lair.

Cranky he sends them running only to have a succession of pesky military vehicles pepper him/her with missiles fire only making him even more irritable finally deciding to check on his old friends managing to get them woken up as the gathered military tries surprise attacks and only managing to wake up the rest of Gojira's old sparring partners...

Eventually after demolishing the continent with the most irritating military forces they head back home for a nice quiet autumn so they can go back to sleep... unfortunately the humans detonate a few nukes and the crowd are back to clearing out the vermin before pausing to wonder what the heck the Sydney Opera House is and then briefly visit Manhatten after an attempt to discover why the humans are so mad at them reveals someone posing as Gojira got himself killed on one of the human constructions called a bridge... they eventually agree Matthew Broderick doesn't deserve to be blamed for leading that fool across the bridge and go back to Japan to wonder what the heck a Gundam is...

Then its back finding a suitable subterranean hideyhole to sleep out the rest of the Mammal era...

To be continued in the Sequel: Gojira learns about Pacific Rim and wants to pilot a Jaeger thinking its an Xbox game!:smallsmile:

Traab
2013-07-19, 05:19 AM
Godzilla wakes up one morning to realize something. All the other monsters are gone! Those jerks left him behind! Ah well, at least he has monster island to himself finally. But as he is enjoying himself, jumping all over the lairs of his fellow monsters, he overhears the military planning to make a raid on his home! Thinking quickly, godzilla is able to setup an absurd series of traps to confuse, confound, and concuss the invading troops. Will he hold off the invading troops? Will he learn the true meaning of christmas? (Oh yeah, its near christmas time) Will godzilla survive being. . . Home Alone?

ThePhantom
2013-07-19, 10:23 AM
The best thing the American movie did was the scene in Final Wars where Godzilla killed Zilla in like, ten seconds.

Also, this is going to be awesome. Can't wait to not see this because my theatre chose to play Grown Ups 2 instead of Pacific Rim, thus showing that they're terrible and I hate them.

No, the best thing that the American movie did was pave the way for the animated series. That was awesome, even the Japanese director of Godzilla loved that series.

Deathkeeper
2013-07-19, 10:26 AM
No, the best thing that the American movie did was pave the way for the animated series. That was awesome, even the Japanese director of Godzilla loved that series.

Oh my as a kid I LOVED that series. Which really excelled in my opinion because they pretended it was based on the movie but really based it on all the classic Japanese movies. It's too bad the network killed it.

Killer Angel
2013-07-19, 11:06 AM
A bullied schoolboy dreams of traveling to Monster Island, where he befriends Godzilla's son, who is also having bully troubles.

Oh, wait... (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0064373/)

ShadowFireLance
2013-07-19, 12:45 PM
The Animated Series was awesome, I doth agree. :smallbiggrin:

On a side note, Godzilla looks friggin amazing, Fanarts!

Fat Godzilla!

http://th08.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/f/2011/060/9/8/godzilla___gojira_by_ldn_rdnt-d3ao665.jpg

Pretty Awesome Godzilla!
http://www.godzilla-movies.com/media/godzilla2014_fan_artwork_concept_05.jpg

And, a Possible Redesign of the badass King Ghidorah?
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-DpryIk1O6_8/USHvnavabHI/AAAAAAAACoc/t4Im7aeV3iY/s1600/Ghidorah.jpg

Bhu
2013-07-20, 03:31 PM
Anyone know if the SDCC teaser is up anywhere yet?

Killer Angel
2013-07-22, 06:35 AM
And, a Possible Redesign of the badass King Ghidorah?
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-DpryIk1O6_8/USHvnavabHI/AAAAAAAACoc/t4Im7aeV3iY/s1600/Ghidorah.jpg

I want to see Mothra! :smallbiggrin: