PDA

View Full Version : Angel(3.5)

sambouchah
2013-07-17, 09:35 PM
So my brother got me hooked on AngelBeats yesterday afternoon. After watching almost every episode me and him had a conversation about creating Angel as a d&d character. So I am coming here for help with this.

What we've been thinking so far is Soulknife/Psychic Warrior or something but we keep bumping into trouble:smalltongue:

Thanks in advance, Sam

Psyren
2013-07-17, 10:48 PM
Haven't watched it, but the best way to do a Soulknife/Psywar hybrid in 3.5 is with the Soulbound Weapon (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/psm/20070214a) ACF.

DMVerdandi
2013-07-17, 11:44 PM
Angel would probably be something closer to a wizard or archivist. Remember, her hacks directly changed the world's programming and her own. Because they are kind of in the afterlife, you could probably use both.

She was constantly running all day buffs and using hacks. A soulknife would be kind of meh, really.

Honestly, I would suggest an STP Erudite (I swear I promote this class Like I am getting paid for it.). It really is most analogous to her character and how it worked. Since Erudites can basically learn from prying stuff from people's minds, or absorbing information, just act as if that is downloading info.

I would possibly suggest Elan as well to kind of represent the agelessness.

So my suggestion to summarize is this. STP Erudite 1-20. Pick up persistant power (As her hacks ran for LONG amounts of time.)
just use weapon like spells to simulate her weapons.

NeoPhoenix0
2013-07-18, 01:18 AM
Personally I would try to combine certain arcane spells like shield with Divine Metamagic persist. Maybe with Rainbow Servant?

I forget, did her wings allow her to fly or were they for show? Now I want to watch it again.

Edit: Actually you could probably just persist shield but there are other spells that Divine Metamagic could be used to persist. Just need to remember the right stuff.

Sith_Happens
2013-07-18, 07:55 AM
The mechanism behind her abilities, as mentioned already, is one of the "can manually learn as many spells/powers as they want, given time" classes.

All of the specific abilities she ends up using, though? Soulbound Weapon Psychic Warrior.

So pick your poison, I guess. Personally I'd go with the Psychic Warrior.

Jeff the Green
2013-07-18, 09:13 AM
Well, you'll first have to get around the fact that the vampire template suffers possibly the worst LA-bloat in the game.

...wrong Angel? Oh.