PDA

View Full Version : Technical Questions about speakers and headphones

Archpaladin Zousha
2013-07-17, 11:59 PM
I just detached my speakers from my computer and gave them to my brother because I thought that since I only plug my headphones into the speakers so when I play games I don't bother other people in the house, I didn't need them anymore. Well, now I've plugged my heaphones into the headphones spot on the tower, and I can't hear a darn thing. Are the speakers a necessary connection to allow the computer to produce sound? It's admittedly a bit annoying. How do I get sound on my computer again?

EDIT: Nevermind, I figured it out on my own. I just had my headphones in the wrong jack. Could a mod please lock this thread or something? I don't actually need the question answered anymore. :smallredface:

WarKitty
2013-07-18, 02:49 AM
Awww do we have to have it locked? I thought it was a great chance to point and laugh!

(Actually I did the exact same thing earlier this evening. Along with wondering why the page I had failed to load up hadn't loaded the video along farther.)

noparlpf
2013-07-18, 06:31 AM
I did that with my netbook the other day, because for some reason the headphones jack and mic jack are reversed on it relative to my main laptop.

randman22222
2013-07-19, 03:43 PM
My little brother once plugged his speakers into the mic input and for a few days couldn't figure out what was going wrong. I finally took a look at it, and called him a numpty. :smalltongue:
(We were much younger at the time.)