PDA

View Full Version : Building the Librarian [3.5 FR]

Tokuhara
2013-07-18, 08:19 AM
So here's a question:

Let's say I could stomach both PrC Prerequisites on a Wizard (Let's say an Illumian Wizard), what would be the ideal spread to get the most out of Guild Wizard of Waterdeep and Mage of the Arcane Order (I know WotC pretty much filed the serial number of Guild Wizard, shuffled some abilities around, and renamed it a setting-neutral name, but since they're two different classes, they can be put on the same PC)?

See My Redo Post

Vedhin
2013-07-18, 09:15 AM
Guild Wizard is that atrocious PrC from Magic of Faerun that cuts your XP gains by 10% right? Or is it a different Guild Wizard of Waterdeep?

Tokuhara
2013-07-18, 09:40 AM
Guild Wizard is that atrocious PrC from Magic of Faerun that cuts your XP gains by 10% right? Or is it a different Guild Wizard of Waterdeep?

Yes. That one. It's not awesome, but it has Spellpool.

Tokuhara
2013-07-18, 02:55 PM
Upon rethinking my plan, I decided that a Wizard Loredelver Loremaster build would be more "me."

Anyone have any ideas on how to build a Wizard/Loredelver/Loremaster with minimal "Wasted levels"?

Andion Isurand
2013-07-18, 04:16 PM
What about a little factotum?

Tokuhara
2013-07-18, 04:18 PM
What about a little factotum?

DM has banned Factotum. He said it's "too powerful" with his campaign being very skills-dependant vs. combat-dependant

RFLS
2013-07-18, 04:23 PM
Okay, are we talking about the Librarian from Discworld? The one from that movie of the same name that was made about half a decade ago, concerning the recovery of lost artifacts (Excalibur, Holy Grail, et cetera)? Or just a generic Librarian with a capital "L" ?

Tokuhara
2013-07-18, 04:30 PM
Okay, are we talking about the Librarian from Discworld? The one from that movie of the same name that was made about half a decade ago, concerning the recovery of lost artifacts (Excalibur, Holy Grail, et cetera)? Or just a generic Librarian with a capital "L" ?

A generic librarian who is concerned with collecting books, and often complains about how he's referred to as a "hero" when "he's just a librarian."

I imagine him to be kind of a winy complainer with, minus being a wizard with arcane magic, no real reason to be out of the Mage's College. He recently got kicked out for a "mishap" during the formal school anniversary party.

Toliudar
2013-07-18, 04:31 PM
I was SO hoping for the Diskworld Librarian. Although it wouldn't be that hard to refluff. I don't think he ever actually used magic. I'd probably start with an Awakened Ape, and then add on layers of warblade (tiger claw focused, presumably) and Occult Slayer (or some other PrC that reflects a built-up resistance to magical effects).

Tokuhara
2013-07-18, 04:34 PM
I was SO hoping for the Diskworld Librarian. Although it wouldn't be that hard to refluff. I don't think he ever actually used magic. I'd probably start with an Awakened Ape, and then add on layers of warblade (tiger claw focused, presumably) and Occult Slayer (or some other PrC that reflects a built-up resistance to magical effects).

um... Pardon me for not having a clue what in the Nine Hells you are talking about.

Can we return to the topic at hand?

Spuddles
2013-07-18, 04:58 PM
Expert 3 should do the trick. :smallwink:

Tokuhara
2013-07-18, 04:59 PM
Expert 3 should do the trick. :smallwink:

Expert gets Trapsense???