PDA

View Full Version : Iaijutsu Swordsage

Snowbluff
2013-07-18, 03:05 PM
I'll be posting some thoughts on using Swordsage as a base class for an Iaijutsu build. Might become a build boook or handbook.

Essentially, I had wanted a new character for my brother's PF/3.5 campaign. My Summoner was ridiculous and had to explode. I wanted to not play a caster for the first time in forever, so I decided on something skilled based. I could have done a factotum, but then I read the Description for Gloom Razor. Essentially, it's an easy way to get something flatfooted.

The build was quite simple. It was comprised of a large number of things I had learned as a builder on this site.

Swordsage6/IaijutsuMaster5/MasterofNine5/UncannyTrickster(MoN)3

Okay, not so simple. I had a few things going on, like Magic Blooded Phrenic and using Tenser's Transformation to get around BaB requirements. Keep in mind Divine Power does not change BaB in PF. I also was going to take Leadership to have a pair of Dvati Fiends of Possesion and have a Tooth of Leraje to enchant my -2 Sword. You know, the works.

Now, you can use Improved Trip with Setting Sun throws, and Mercurial Strike would give you an easy Flat Footed attack as well. This sucks in PF, due to CMB being... well CMB.

Shadow Garrote make a target flat footed as well. Using your Crwon of the White Rave, you can WRT another turn to hit your Target with an Iaijutsu Avalanche of Blades/Time Stand Still.

Oh, and yeah. Sapphire Nightmare Strike is a thing as well. Doesn't really work in PF due to Concentration being a skill, but whatever.

Snowbluff
2013-07-18, 03:06 PM
Reserved. Just in case.